2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

wow, what a great atmosphere!!I love the lights colors and the scenography!Very "from outer space"

I love the customes!!

MIka with bare feet?Strange really!So he didn't do his MJ pose?

I don't want to spoiler myself too much about the show, but I loved what I saw till now guys!!!

Thanks to everyone!

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christine and Suzy,

Thank you so much for your reports. Much appreciated you took time to share your experience... :flowers2:

Sounds like it was an amazing show.:mf_lustslow: I hope he will not change everything but keep at least some parts of it for Europe. :thumb_yello:

Can't wait to listen to I See You and One Foot Boy live :blush-anim-cl:- it seems some 'camerawomen' who were also present...:teehee:

Thanks for pics and the reports from Suzy and Christine, it all sounds awesome :biggrin2: I was going to try and stay away from reading anything as I didn't want it to spoil my gigs next year but I have no will power :naughty:

I'm not sure how I feel about the Relax start and Lollipop finish though :boxed:

Thanks Christine and Suzy for the reports. The show sounds great! I'm glad he did One Foot Boy. I agree with Freddie and Ewok though, still starting and finishing with Relax/Lollipop? :blink: Hoped for something a bit different there. And although I am thrilled for the MFCers who got chosen to be Big Girls, I also was hoping he would drop that this tour (but on the bright side maybe there is hope for ME yet, I'll put the diet on hold until February :roftl:).

Im just bored with Relax , I mean nearly 3 years now , we need a fresh start ...

The tours Ive been on the opening song usually changes and the set list somewhat

Kinda suprised :blink:

No way!!! Relax has to be there, tho not as an opening song, I liked it as the last song :fangurl: I'm actually quite bored with grace kelly :teehee:

Im just bored with Relax , I mean nearly 3 years now , we need a fresh start ...

The tours Ive been on the opening song usually changes and the set list somewhat

It's all a bit too predictable isn't it? I think I like that Lollipop is still at the end and am hoping he will still have confetti and balloons at some point too, what's a Mika gig without that? :biggrin2: But like you I am a bit surprised to see Relax still as the opening song :sneaky2:

No way!!! Relax has to be there, tho not as an opening song, I liked it as the last song :fangurl: I'm actually quite bored with grace kelly :teehee:

Ohh I dont mean to get it rid of it all together :naughty::aah:

I also like Relax at the end , I just REALLY though Rain would start it off , I can see the introduction reall working ...

Relax .. hmmmm , maybe he will change it as he goes along :clap:

Loving Gandelf at the start :wub2:

You shall not passssssssssssssssssssss:wub2:

It's all a bit too predictable isn't it? I think I like that Lollipop is still at the end and am hoping he will still have confetti and balloons at some point too, what's a Mika gig without that? :biggrin2: But like you I am a bit surprised to see Relax still as the opening song :sneaky2:

Yeh predictable .. thats the word Im looking for :blink:

Ohh I dont mean to get it rid of it all together :naughty::aah:

I also like Relax at the end , I just REALLY though Rain would start it off , I can see the introduction reall working ...

Relax .. hmmmm , maybe he will change it as he goes along :clap:

Idd Rain would be a great starter :fangurl:

Aaaaah, I can't wait to see videos :teehee:

I am the opposite. I wouldn't mind so much Relax still being the opening song (though I agree Rain would now be better), it's Lollipop at the end which I am bored of now, it is turning into a cliche. :boxed: Not saying he can't still have confetti canons, it just needs doing in a different way IMO.

ME TOO!!! I just love the fact sir Ian is getting in on all of this, it's slightly surreal, but brilliant :aah:.

I am the opposite. I wouldn't mind so much Relax still being the opening song (though I agree Rain would now be better), it's Lollipop at the end which I am bored of now, it is turning into a cliche. :boxed: Not saying he can't still have confetti canons, it just needs doing in a different way IMO.

But he doesn't tend to have the confetti at the end anymore does he? It has been used with other songs.

I'm still finding silver confetti from Blackpool :sneaky2::naughty:

But he doesn't tend to have the confetti at the end anymore does he? It has been used with other songs.

I'm still finding silver confetti from Blackpool :sneaky2::naughty:

Yes but I associate confetti and balloons with Lollipop.

At Blackpool it was Lollipop + confetti + balloons = predictable :wink2:. But at Sadler's Wells it was slightly different, yes.

I love how We Are Golden is towards the end, but not actually *at* the end. Whether you like the song or not, it's infectious and energetic live and hearing everyone shout out "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN! WE ARE GOLDEN!" makes it feel like you're in some sort of cult or something :teehee:

I had a feeling Relax would still be an opener. It makes a perfect opening I think and I don't know any other song of his that would make such an impact at the start of his gig. Rain and Relax are similar, as they're both dance tracks, but I'm not sure Rain would have the same effect? I mean you got the twinkly bit at the beginning of Relax and then BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. on top of the twinkling and then OooooAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-AAAAAAAAH!-aaaahhhhaaahhh...

whereas with Rain it's the picking violin bit and then..."is it really neccessary..." and in my opinion the energy doesn't start straight away with that song....whereas with Relax you got the suspense at the beginning and then a burst of energy...then it slows again for the verse...and then RELAX! TAKE IT EEEEEEEAAASYYY", your energy catapults in different directions with that song...

I love how We Are Golden is towards the end, but not actually *at* the end. Whether you like the song or not, it's infectious and energetic live and hearing everyone shout out "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN! WE ARE GOLDEN!" makes it feel like you're in some sort of cult or something :teehee:

I had a feeling Relax would still be an opener. It makes a perfect opening I think and I don't know any other song of his that would make such an impact at the start of his gig. Rain and Relax are similar, as they're both dance tracks, but I'm not sure Rain would have the same effect? I mean you got the twinkly bit at the beginning of Relax and then BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. on top of the twinkling and then OooooAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-AAAAAAAAH!-aaaahhhhaaahhh...

whereas with Rain it's the picking violin bit and then..."is it really neccessary..." and in my opinion the energy doesn't start straight away with that song....whereas with Relax you got the suspense at the beginning and then a burst of energy...then it slows again for the verse...and then RELAX! TAKE IT EEEEEEEAAASYYY", your energy catapults in different directions with that song...

I agree with your comparison of rain and relax. Having said that, I would still have liked to see the order changed up a bit, I'm actually surprised he doesn't start with WAG. That's how I had pictured it in my head :teehee:

I agree with your comparison of rain and relax. Having said that, I would still have liked to see the order changed up a bit, I'm actually surprised he doesn't start with WAG. That's how I had pictured it in my head :teehee:

Yeah I suppose a change would have been nice lol.

The reason why I think WAG suits brilliantly at the end is because you've got a different variety of songs during the show, some negative and sad ones like SITM, HE and I See You, Dr. John...and then at the end it's like "But none of that matters cos right now we're here, having a great f*cking time and I don't care what other people say because I AM BLOODY HAPPY!"

It's like the last "get me up" before the very end...am wondering whether WAG would make a better encore than Lollipop