2009 - New York, NY at United Palace Theatre Oct 16 - reports, pictures and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best. Day. Ever! This was my first Mika concert and it did NOT disappoint! I had so much fun dancing around in the second row :roftl:

A big thanks to dcdeb for the pass for the after show! If you weren't sitting right in front of me I wouldn't even have known! (It was great meeting Holly, Natalie and Lucy, too!) :thumb_yello:

Take pity on my low-quality camera phone pics:

9119_163384496399_600421399_3359601_2229762_n.jpg

9119_163391936399_600421399_3359622_3204040_n.jpg

36654473c40a6adbdd77d9e.jpg

7729_163439631399_600421399_3359840_6304505_n.jpg

9119_163439896399_600421399_3359841_3539500_n.jpg

I was so nervous when he came to me that I was just like "Hi :D" and shook his hand, and asked him to sign my ticket. I should've been like, "Your show was amazing!" but I froze lol. I think he knew how I felt anyway.

9617_309872030713_721015713_9454783_4984725_n.jpg

I'm the guy with the glasses sitting.

Edited by rikku411

Best. Day. Ever! This was my first Mika concert and it did NOT disappoint! I had so much fun dancing around in the second row :roftl:

A big thanks to dcdeb for the pass for the after show! If you weren't sitting right in front of me I wouldn't even have known! (It was great meeting Holly and Lucy, too!) :thumb_yello:

Oooh you were right next to me! :biggrin2: Great pics.

Thanks for the reports & pics rilo, tiibet and deb!

Sorry to hear about security...but glad you were able to enjoy such a fabulous show! It's awesome that you (deb) were able to get some backstage passes (although not really backstage :naughty:). And can't wait to hear about MFC Big Girls! :biggrin2:

Mika loves New York!

Oh, wow! It sounds fantastic :wub2:. Thanks for all the reports and footage :thumb_yello:.

I'm glad that everyone had fun, despite the stupid security people. You'd think that when they see that it's Mika's specific request (for people to come to the front) they would allow them to, instead of acting like they are missing half a brain and can't even figure the simplest situations out?:sneaky2:. It's actually really shocking to see how different security are at different venues, and the huge impact that this can have on the gig experience.

In any case, I'm really glad that you all had such a great gig. He's looking better and better on stage, like he is maturing as a performer, and it melts my heart to see how well he's doing :blush-anim-cl::wub2:.

Why is the front page about "Rain" when that's news for later...November 23rd. Wouldn't it make more sense for the MFC to highlight this North American Tour on the Front Page? Because this tour is happening NOW.

Just my opinion. :teehee:

Thanks for the reports, pics and videos everyone. Looks like another fabulous gig! His new moves are so cute huh Deb? :naughty:

:wub2::wub2: and might I add :fangurl: ?

SO cute. He was having so much fun with them, too.

On one song, can't remember which,

he was going back and forth between up on his toes and down, over

and over -- just because he could. :naughty:

In my sleep-deprived stupor last night I tried to upload some photos

to Facebook, but the rotate function isn't working so half of them are

sideways. I'll have to figure that out later, but if you don't mind turning your head... :wink2:

6834_300219805320_810005320_9104544_6733321_n.jpg

6834_300219820320_810005320_9104547_3664345_n.jpg

Edited by dcdeb

SO cute. He was having so much with them, too.

sideways. I'll have to figure that out later, but if you don't mind turning your head... :wink2:

:swoon:

Thanks, Deb! So lovely. :huglove:

I'm uploading two vids from the NYC gig, Touches You and I see You, because I didn't manage to film them properly yesterday. They are still processing and I don't know about the quality. Give them some time if they don't work properly. I'm too tired to upload the other vids, this time difference is killing me :aah::biggrin2: I will upload them when I get back home.

Thanks so much for this videos, new songs sound fab live!:wub2:

Ok. Lets start at the beginning, and work towards the end. Most people do that when they tell stories. Right? Im not even sure. I cant speak at this point.

So we get in the car, and drive to an applebees in nyc. We eat there, even though we cant really eat or do anything without malfunctioning. The next thing we know were walking into the United Palace Theater. Wow. It was simply goreous. And VERY golden ;)

So were sitting outside, just waiting in this little doorway thing, maybe us and thirty others, and the camera man and a dude with a massive microphone come out. And we said HI! And Sheilagh and I jumped infront and everyone started screaming WE LOVE YOU MIKA!

And so the two of us started singing We Are Golden....and everyone joined in! And he kept zooming in on us for the chorus!

So this lady behind the camera man goes "What is it that appeals to you about mika?"

And Sheilagh, and like half the others went...."Um....EVERYTHING!"

And so she asked if we could relate to his lyrics and I said "Ofcourse! We Are Golden? Anthem of every American teenager!" And everyone started screaming. Fantastic ;) So I dont know where that film is going.....Vlog......maybe....who knows??

So we finally get in after a million years of annoying security. And they WERE annoying. VERY :)

So we finally get to our seats, talked to some random MFC'ers, and it was about it was about it start.

We were counting the minutes. Not the months, not weeks, not days, not hours. Minutes. It was insane.

So this excessively skinny, fantastic young man comes out onstage to open for Mika and introduces himself as "Gary Go."

Oh gawd.....Mr. Go :)

He was INCREDIBLE. He played keyboard with a looping system, and sang. And he had a guitarist. He did a few songs....he was so just....amazing.

This girl a few seats away from us just goes I love you Gary Go!

And without even looking at her he goes..... Well thats very kind, I love you aswell.

So regal....and full of himself. But a good way XD And his music was unbeleiveable.

By the end of the second song we were hooked. HOOKED I tell you! He had a cute hat/tie thing on too ;) He pointed at us for this one song and we like.....DIED.

So.....the CONCERT itself.... Just....wow.

So the set was an orange couch, a lamp, and a flatscreen. First, the new bassist comes out, and sits on the couch, reading a book.

He was in a multi patterned black and white suit. And then MARTIN WUAGH! I almost died. In, again, a suit.

Then the background singer whose name escapes me. She came in and brought the guys tea in big red and white polka dotted tea cups.

And then Cherisse came STAMPING in, pouting her face off for some reason. And they all comforted her, and watched some TV.

Finally, there was a news broadcast and this random Ominous looking man was like

"We interupt this program to bring you a special news broadcast. A giant government aircraft the size of a scyscraper, has taken lift off into orbit"

Everyone onstage cheers. And he goes on to say "We have.....weve just received news that there is SMOKE coming out of the aircraft!"

And everyone gets all afraid. And the man on the Tv holds hi in ear and goes "Oh....Oh my God."

And the WHOLE TV SCREEN jus tlike EXPLODED WITH FIRE AND STUFF! AND EVERYONE JSUT WAILED AND SCREAMED!

And then he comes back and says something like "We have no word on what happened to our explorer. We may never see him again"

And then BAMF.

Curtain up, WHOLE STAGE GLOW IN THE DARK PLANETS. Mika's in the space suit on a higher level walking, we all scream.

And then he takes off his helmet.

And hes gorgeous.

AND THEN.....his whole suit. And hes in a pair of white boxers. HAWThawt.

Curtain Down......were going insane......its just......Wow.

So relax goes on, I JUMPED FOR LIKE....THE WHOLE SONG. Then big girl....and by Stuck In The Middle...

He goes to his suitcase and pulls out a yellow teapot mariennte and says

"I want to introduce you to my humble servent.....Dumbledor-a!"

What?

So hes like walkign ehr around, and then she JERKS him back and wont move. And then he FLIES off stage behind her.

And then a giant teapot comes on with a marienette mika ;)

Touches You.

"come on now, whats a boy supposed to do"

He looked at sheilagh and myself. What.

I almost died.

One Foot Boy.

He grabbed sheilaghs hand, and my pointer finger. There are no words.

The whole effing concert was MY LIFE.

So we get to Lollipop.

What did me and sheilagh do?

Run up to the stage.

And I grabbed his shoe/ankle/calf.

OMG KIRA WHAT.

And thenhe left XD

so....ok.....

During the encore.....they came back for love today and David Whitmey was towards the front of the stage.

I was being a MESS infront of him, and so he motions me up.

WHAT??!?!?!?

He hands me one of his drumsticks. ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?

And then he slams the trash can infront of me and motions for me to come back up. And the secuirty guard tried to get me, but lies.

And so I kneeled on the side part of the stage and he was playing one side and I was playing the other and we were just SLAMMING away on this trash can!

And then sheialgh was behind me and I handed her the stick and she did the same and I played the floor!

And Mikas off being amazing with his own trash can.

OMG...what.

So the concert finally ends, and DEB gave us free after-show tickets.

Sheilagh and I are going to sit down and she goes...Is that Gary Go? IT IS! GARY GO!

And so we called him, and HE...GARY GO.....came and sat with us. And we chatted for maybe ten minutes.

And we talked about how hes all "Im waiting to meet mika!" And were like...."But youre on a tour together? Arent you guys biffies yet?"

AND I SWEAR...he goes on for like days.... "Oh yeah, were like BFF DOUBLE F heifen semicolon full colon dash FFFL BFFL LLLELHIJK dash exclamation point at sign mikasounds . omg at sign gary go at twitter"

And we said...omg, do you have a twitter? and he said yes. and so we said wed follow him. And we talked about his music and how hes on itunes.

And were like....sign our phones? And hes like.....are you sure? Really?

And so he did and he felt all fantastic.

And he loved sheilaghs name.

"S-H-E-I-L-A?"

"G-H."

"Oh GH! Thats different, I like it!" -Something like that. Hahha

"Its Gaelic!"

"OH GAELIC, I LIKE IT!"

He was so cool. and so we took a picky picky with him. Hes my life. Even though he smells like cigarettes. ALOT.

So we wait around for him for like...EVER.

And We see audrey walking around, the first ever lollipop girl! And her mom, Mikas aunt :)

And anothe aunt, who looks JUST like her XD THEY ALL LOOKED IDENTICAL!

And first aunt is like...What did you think? And im like....aMAZING! and we talked for a bit.

And then we saw zulieka ofcourse, his sister. XD SHES THE MOST BEAUTIFUL...omg I love her.

So he comes up....and we met him.....I met him? WHAT?!?!?! YES!

And I shook his hand and handed him my packet and said "If theres a CD in there, will you lsiten to it?"

And he said

"If its demos? Is it demos?" And I said..."Yes."

And he said " Oh well I cant listen to them, Ill get in trouble."

Hes so cute.

But I told him there was more stuff in there too, and he signed my album.

AND SHEILAGH'S GOLDEN SHOE! XD

And he smelled like LIME AND VANILLA!

On the way out, who did we see going in the building, covering her face? (And little else)

Thats right, the queen of bleh herself, LADY GAGA. Not kidding. It happened.

BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.

Chilled with "THE" GARY GO. Got looked at by mika. Touched his hand. And shoe/ankle/calf. And shook his hand. And smelled him XD CREEPAZ!

And saw Gag.

Omg....there are absolutely no words. I cant even talk yet.

Hey, Deb

I think that song was One Foot Boy.

It was great to see you again

Thanks for the pics and everything!!

Chris

SO cute. He was having so much with them, too.