Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

Hiya,

I'm a STEPHEN GATELY fan.

Nice to read all your comments.

Just thought I'd let you know that they will play the song tomorrow on Chris Moyles show as well.

I hope all the Mika fans will support this song 100%. Let's not dwell on the fact that Mika didn't want to give BZ the song in the first place and instead concentrate on making this song a hit. Boyzone themself actually never said a bad word against Mika.

Stephen actually really liked Mika. There used to be a section on his official website called "Stephen recommends" and he used to mention some movies, books, songs on there that he liked. And a few years ago he recommended Mika's album and encouraged his fans to buy it. :thumb_yello:

I don't know what all this talk about GAVE IT ALL AWAY being cheesy is about? Aren't most of Mika's song cheesy as well? Like BIG GIRLS for example.

And I think Boyzone have a lot songs that are much cheesier than GIAA.

I think there are quite a few people on here that don't know much about Stephen. Hope it's ok to post some YT clips to show you who he was?

Stephen singing Bring him home on the lyrics board:

Stephen's solo single I believe - it was on the Soundtrack for Billy Elliott:

And my all time fave BRIGHTER DAY - written by Stephen himself for a Panto he starred in as Dandini:

And one clip that shows how much Stephen's voice has improved during the last few year, singing I can't make you love me with Boyzone on an asian show in 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2GFe9fgtM

Welcome to the Mika Fan Club Perfect Angel.:welcomeani:

I am a huge Mika fan but yes Mika gets his fair share of "cheesy song" comments.

I love GIAA!

I hope it does really well.

I don't think it is cheesy - to each his/her own.

Thanks for all the clips & info too.:thumb_yello:

Edited by Kodes100

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all so lucky that you still have Mika alive and happy. I hope you all know how good you've got it and hope you appreciate every day with Mika.

I missed this part.

Yes, we are lucky. Very lucky.

However it may appear to others, I do appreciate Mika and what he has given us over the years, even though he might think I don't.

This is yet another lesson, we should make the most of what we have and not waste opportunities.

I missed this part.

Yes, we are lucky. Very lucky.

However it may appear to others, I do appreciate Mika and what he has given us over the years, even though he might think I don't.

This is yet another lesson, we should make the most of what we have and not waste opportunities.

*reminisces about the pub experience* :wub2:

Hiya,

I'm a STEPHEN GATELY fan.

Nice to read all your comments.

I hope all the Mika fans will support this song 100%. Let's not dwell on the fact that Mika didn't want to give BZ the song in the first place and instead concentrate on making this song a hit. Boyzone themself actually never said a bad word against Mika.

Hi , :welcomeani:

Please forgive us if we say something that sounds a bit less complementary to a fan of Boyzone. You might have noticed that we are rather critical of Mika, too, and he knows it. :wink2: In fact, I don't think that an artist can build from 100% positive and slightly blind criticism.

However, you can be sure that we will 'support' the song:thumb_yello:

I don't know what all this talk about GAVE IT ALL AWAY being cheesy is about? Aren't most of Mika's song cheesy as well? Like BIG GIRLS for example.
:roftl:

No, it is not cheesy...:teehee: It has simple lyrics but for most of us it makes sense why it was written like that.

Calling something cheesy is a matter matter of taste and if we did, that should concern either the songwriter or the producer but neither of them is from Boyzone, so hope no offence was taken there.

Stephen actually really liked Mika. There used to be a section on his official website called "Stephen recommends" and he used to mention some movies, books, songs on there that he liked. And a few years ago he recommended Mika's album and encouraged his fans to buy it. :thumb_yello:

yes, we know that and also mentioned it on several threads. I am sure nothing bad has ever been said about Stephen on MFC but like no Bowie fan can be pursuaded to become a Mika fan just because Mika likes Bowie, we can't be expected to become Boyzone fans.

On a personal note, I do like certain songs by Boyzone and Ronan. Thank you for posting the Stephen related links, I'll check out those songs later.:thumb_yello:

I think he's doing it to make money, or am I not allowed to say that? :teehee: nothing wrong with it imo, all artists do it, why wouldn't he?

That is a joke - right??

If not - do you have any idea the kind of money Mika has earned over the last two years??

Mika is comfortable.

I think he's doing it to make money, or am I not allowed to say that? :teehee: nothing wrong with it imo, all artists do it, why wouldn't he?

no, that's not at all what I meant, just his songwriting process, especially at the beginning when he was being 'developed'...

That is a joke - right??

If not - do you have any idea the kind of money Mika has earned over the last two years??

Mika is comfortable.

:blink:

Are you ....

Mika's...

accountant...?:shocked:

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

no, that's not at all what I meant, just his songwriting process, especially at the beginning when he was being 'developed'...

Yes, hopefully people will take Mika's songwriting skills a bit more seriously and also take Mika himself and as an artist more seriously.

Yes, hopefully people will take Mika's songwriting skills a bit more seriously and also take Mika himself and as an artist more seriously.

oh yes, definitely:thumb_yello:

I can foresee the Sugababes and Girls Aloud knocking on his door:mf_rosetinted:

:lmao:

I think he was reasonably comfortable before selling any albums.

I'd like to see him live on my wages. :boxed:

And mine! Jeez! :shocked:

oh yes, definitely:thumb_yello:

I can foresee the Sugababes and Girls Aloud knocking on his door:mf_rosetinted:

:aah: *visualises Sugababes singing Lollipop*

I think he was reasonably comfortable before selling any albums.

I'd like to see him live on my wages. :boxed:

I'm pretty sure by Mika's standards, most of us are essentially destitute. :aah:

*stands up and applauses*

Is that some Essex thing, or do you mean "applauds"...? :teehee:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

I'm pretty sure by Mika's standards, most of us are essentially destitute. :aah:

*Googles the word "destitute"*....Ohhh...yes I agree :naughty:

Thanks for the new word! I now feel ready to bamboozle any poor victim that crosses my path.

Is that some Essex thing, or do you mean "applauds"...? :teehee:

oh FFS :aah: Thanks for the correction :thumb_yello:

*pats head* Whatever keeps you warm at night. :huglove:

:lmfao: