Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

Thank you so much Sara.:flowers2::clap:

I knew you would be there to help us to hear this song as quickly as possible.

Effort is always very much appreciated.:clap:

Thanks a lot for your kindness, Kodes, but I hate incompetence, and am quite annoyed with myself for making such a stupid mistake :naughty:

Thanks fabella.:thumb_yello:

I really like it!!

I truly hope it becomes a hit for many reasons.

I hope so as well, and I'm sure that it will become a hit. It has to. It's a good song, and it sounds nice. Plus of course all the Stephen thing on top of it, which always makes things sell more....

Mika's version of this songs always reminded me of the Lion King, the whole 'AAHAAANAAAHAAAAAAA' or smth part that is :teehee:

But I def like this one, it's a good summer song :biggrin2:

Yeah, I also see the Lion King in it :lmfao:

Yes same here :roftl: The first few times i kept muting it cos I was so embarrassed about hearing it. Don't like what they did with HANNANAO bit in this version :shun:

Me too :roftl:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found myself singing this song unconsciously :roftl:

I guess the song is catchy enough to be a massive hit. (well done, Mika)

I hope so too Iridacae.

Mika wrote Gave It All Away - Mika & Greg didn't produce it did they??

I am more interested in the words when thinking Mika had something to do with this rather than the sound.

Wouldn't Mika's version of this song have be very different??

I just listened to it, and I thought it was a little bit reggaeish.

I like it (at the risk of sounding like Louie Walsh, ha ha!), but then I'd always prefered Stephen singing to Ronan (slightly biased, my cousin knows his mum).

I wonder if Mika might sing it at the Dublin gigs?

Or maybe not:naughty:

it does sound a bit raggae... but i wonder if it's just the recording.

so penguin lady... does that mean if you knew my mom you'd think my singing was lovely? :teehee::naughty:

I'm not quite sure to like the reggae touch... actually, when the bridge started " some people wait..." and it became more like a ballad again, i was like " yeah, that's how it's meant to be...

Still, it's very catchy, it stays in your head; I think it could be a hit... :biggrin2:

Where did my previous post go???

I was asking where did you all listen to Mika's version of GIAA...

hmm there is no missing posts willywonka, something must have happened and your post didn't register.

I'm curious too :blink: Did I understand correctly that Mika has sung it before? :blink:

i think a few years ago, i think there was a demo that surfaced on youtube, but was quickly removed.

as a reminder, please do not post the demo on mfc! :thumb_yello:

Wouldn't Mika's version of this song have be very different??

No the lyrics are the same. That's why I never believed Mika when he said he didn't write songs for other people. IMO this song was written with another artist (particularly a boy band) in mind. But only Mika could say for sure. :dunno:

For everyone who is asking, this demo file leaked onto YouTube for a day and was removed. As far as I know it is no longer on the internet anywhere so I'd hope out of courtesy to Mika anyone who may still have a copy doesn't upload it.

And of course please don't post it on MFC.

Mika's version of this songs always reminded me of the Lion King, the whole 'AAHAAANAAAHAAAAAAA' or smth part that is :teehee:

But I def like this one, it's a good summer song :biggrin2:

I've been listening to it again on Youtube and I love it even more. It does sound like it belongs in a Lion King movie!

hmm there is no missing posts willywonka, something must have happened and your post didn't register.

i think a few years ago, i think there was a demo that surfaced on youtube, but was quickly removed.

as a reminder, please do not post the demo on mfc! :thumb_yello:

Hmm, pity :aah: Well okay then, thanks for the info :biggrin2:

Thank you for finding and posting it :thumb_yello:. I ´don´t know this song reminds me to another song and I can´t remember what it was..... My hubby says the same and he found the song

Yes that's it! That's what it reminds me of! Thanks :wink2: