Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honey Mika has singing himself but he didn't release it so he gave it away :naughty::roftl:

I don't understand what you're talking about, honey:naughty:

He didn't sing it himself - he wrote the song for them, didn't like how they did it,pulled it back, then gave it back to them again, when Stephen Gately passed away. As far as I'm concerned.:blink:

I don't understand what you're talking about, honey:naughty:

He didn't sing it himself - he wrote the song for them, didn't like how they did it,pulled it back, then gave it back to them again, when Stephen Gately passed away. As far as I'm concerned.:blink:

Okay.

He did a demo version, which was on the net for a day, or something, then pulled off.

Boyzone some how heard it, recorded it, but Mika decided he wasn't keen on it, and it didn't get released.

Fast forward, to Stephen Gatelys demise, BZ met Mika in a hotel, and he said they could now have it, and here we are!

:wink2:

It doesn't sound bad

I have never heard Mika's vesion, I really want to hear it. Is there somewhere i can hear it??????

as it was explained earlier on, it was posted on youtube for about 24 hours over a year ago and then it was removed.

a reminder to our members, the demo is not to be posted on mfc :thumb_yello:

Okay.

He did a demo version, which was on the net for a day, or something, then pulled off.

Boyzone somehow heard it, recorded it, but Mika decided he wasn't keen on it, and it didn't get released.

Fast forward, to Stephen Gatelys demise, BZ met Mika in a hotel, and he said they could now have it, and here we are!

:wink2:

Really? I didn't know Mika had sung it in the first place!! :blink: I thought he just wrote the song for BoyZone,and didn't like how they recorded it! I swear I read that scenario somewhere:blink:

Anyway, thanks for clearing up now... :wink2:

By the way, does anyone have the lyrics for this song? I googled the lyrics but didn't find anything.

Really? I didn't know Mika had sung it in the first place!! :blink: I thought he just wrote the song for BoyZone,and didn't like how they recorded it! I swear I read that scenario somewhere:blink:

Anyway, thanks for clearing up now... :wink2:

By the way, does anyone have the lyrics for this song? I googled the lyrics but didn't find anything.

Kodes put up the lyrics earlier:thumb_yello:

Hey, a Ronan Keating fan here *waves*

I've just dropped in to say I love Gave It All Away! Big thank you to Mika for writing it and for letting Boyzone record it. That was very generous of him :thumb_yello:

I hope it will be a huge hit in Europe! :clap:

I'm really sorry!! I did a rushed last minute re-install of the recording software and in my haste I made a schoolgirl error: didn't notice that the default sound recording is microphone, so I never changed it to stereo mix, and when I plugged my earphones in that was the end of the recording :doh::doh:

I'm such an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sneaky2:

Aw!:huglove:

That's the song I was thinking about, but couldn't racall the title. :teehee:

Oh, and HERE: http://www.cloudlynch.co.uk/ you can listen to the clean :naughty: version of the Boyzone GIAA, the song starts automatically. :thumb_yello:

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

I have never heard Mika's version - God forbid I should say it out loud here - I don't want to now - as I really like BoyZone's GIAA!!

I have been reading Mika's lyrics without the music & they are beautiful - as most of Mika's lyrics are.

I think they are beautiful too, thank you for writing them down!:wub2:

Why o why are Mika's lyrics about love always so sentimental?:tears:

I've just dropped in to say I love Gave It All Away! Big thank you to Mika for writing it and for letting Boyzone record it. That was very generous of him :thumb_yello:

Hi Elka, and welcome! Boyzone have done a great job on it! I am sure it's going to be huuuuuge!

:bye: and welcome to MFC!

are you from their fanclub?

Welcome to the Mika Fan Club Elka.:welcomeani:

Boyzone's new single Gave It All Away is beautiful.

I really hope it is a huge hit for them.

I can't wait to see the vid tomorrow.

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome :biggrin2:

I'm a Ronan Keating fan (apart from being Boyzone frontman he's a successful solo artist as well) and I absolutely love his voice. When he sings a song like that I'm in heaven and can't help but shout "author! author!". Mika did a great job really!

I'm a Ronan Keating fan (apart from being Boyzone frontman he's a successful solo artist as well) and I absolutely love his voice. When he sings a song like that I'm in heaven and can't help but shout "author! author!". Mika did a great job really!

Welcome Elka!:flowers2:

Hi!

:welcomeani: to MFC:thumb_yello:

I would actually like to know what Mika had in mind when he wrote it. I doubt he wrote it for himself in the first place. I also wonder how Boyzone 'found' the song.

Hi!

I would actually like to know what Mika had in mind when he wrote it. I doubt he wrote it for himself in the first place. I also wonder how Boyzone 'found' the song.

How do you know if he wrote it for himself or not? A lot of people fall inlove then have it devesatingly taken away from them, maybe he's one of those people, he seems very...dramatic :teehee:

Welcome Elka:thumb_yello:

We hope it does really well too, it's a fantastic song.

Hi!

But doesn't he keep saying, he writes all his songs for himself?

I really like Ronan as well. It wasn't hard to imagine him singing this song and the reality didn't disappoint. I'm really glad this song is out and I hope it does really well.