Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No the lyrics are the same. That's why I never believed Mika when he said he didn't write songs for other people. IMO this song was written with another artist (particularly a boy band) in mind. But only Mika could say for sure. :dunno

That is my point Christine.

Mika wrote the lyrics.

I would think this song is different from the original Mika had in mind.

There are many more aspects of a song than the lyrics or am I missing something here??

That is my point Christine.

Mika wrote the lyrics.

I would think this song is different from the original Mika had in mind.

There are many more aspects of a song than the lyrics or am I missing something here??

Oh I must be misunderstanding. What do you mean about his version being different if not the words (lyrics)?

Oh I must be misunderstanding. What do you mean about his version being different if not the words (lyrics)?

Artists get lyrics or a demo with a complete song all the time.

Once they produce & sing it with their unique style I think the song a lot of the times is not only different than the writer's but sometimes a completely different song.

Youtube has many examples of that.

American Idol or X-Factors in Europe demonstrate this all the time.

Sorry - the first time I didn't express myself well enough - now I kind of got really wordy & ran on & on & on:shocked::shocked:.:boxed::boxed:

Real lyrics should be like this:

Red, red wine

Go to my head

Make me forget that I

Lay my heart down on floor.

Red, red wine

Stay close to me

Don't let me be alone

It's tearin' apart

My blue, blue heart

I gave you my bottle but you wanted more

But i Gave it all away.

Edit: All i remember when listening to GIAA is Red Red wine by UB40??????WTF???? lol

Edited by willywonka

Real lyrics should be like this:

Red, red wine

Go to my head

Make me forget that I

Lay my heart down on floor.

Red, red wine

Stay close to me

Don't let me be alone

It's tearin' apart

My blue, blue heart

I gave you my bottle but you wanted more

But i Gave it all away.

Edit: All i remember when listening to GIAA is Red Red wine by UB40??????WTF???? lol

Yeah. That's what Mr. Violet said when he first listened. :roftl:

And I remember a time, a few years back when I turned on the radio and expected to hear 'I just died in your arms' after the first few chords of a certain song.

Yeah. That's what Mr. Violet said when he first listened. :roftl:

And I remember a time, a few years back when I turned on the radio and expected to hear 'I just died in your arms' after the first few chords of a certain song.

Oh, it's just like what happened the first time i listened to TY, George Michael came into mind...

Their version is kinda tropical :teehee:

:roftl:

You summed it up perfectly....:naughty:

Perhaps Mika heard it back in 2007 and that's why he objected its release....:fisch:..

I mean, the song itself is one any boyband would go down on their knees to get. Using some reggae beat in it is not a crime against humanity, either, but knowing that one of the singers died in the meantime and listening to the 'fitting' lyrics at the beginning, I would have expected the producer to turn this song into a real tearjerker and not into some extremely lightweight pop song. :shocked:

I really thought it would sound something like Boyzone's version of Baby Can I Hold You or No Matter What...

Not my loss, though :cool:

Artists get lyrics or a demo with a complete song all the time.

Once they produce & sing it with their unique style I think the song a lot of the times is not only different than the writer's but sometimes a completely different song.

Youtube has many examples of that.

American Idol or X-Factors in Europe demonstrate this all the time.

Sorry - the first time I didn't express myself well enough - now I kind of got really wordy & ran on & on & on:shocked::shocked:.:boxed::boxed:

I personally don't think it's the case here. Boyzone's version sounds pretty much like Mika's to me.

:roftl:

You summed it up perfectly....:naughty:

Perhaps Mika heard it back in 2007 and that's why he objected its release....:fisch:..

I mean, the song itself is one any boyband would go down on their knees to get. Using some reggae beat in it is not a crime against humanity, either, but knowing that one of the singers died in the meantime and listening to the 'fitting' lyrics at the beginning, I would have expected the producer to turn this song into a real tearjerker and not into some extremely lightweight pop song. :shocked:

I really thought it would sound something like Boyzone's version of Baby Can I Hold You or No Matter What...

Just what I was saying in the Oldlings :naughty:

I would have expected the producer to turn this song into a real tearjerker and not into some extremely lightweight pop song. :shocked:

Same here. I listened and thought: So? That's it? :blink:

I personally don't think it's the case here. Boyzone's version sounds pretty much like Mika's to me.

yes, they haven't added anything. The song itself is already in Boyzone style but the production...:shocked:

Just what I was saying in the Oldlings :naughty:

Really? Maybe I'll go and visit. I love such discussions:teehee: