Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

I'm pretty sure by Mika's standards, most of us are essentially destitute. :aah:

Yes, he should take pity on us and give us some charity......

Is that some Essex thing, or do you mean "applauds"...? :teehee:

Yeah it is! Caroline is Essex personified, you know....:thumb_yello:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he should take pity on us and give us some charity......

Yes, like to pay for flight tickets and all that shabam :naughty:

Yeah it is! Caroline is Essex personified, you know....:thumb_yello:

You no its rite! I iz the kween bee ov speling n gramer u no! well the essex way I meen. Us essex peeps are well hard core, innit blud.

(I don't often see my full name posted on this forum lol :aah:)

He must have a lot of time on his hands...

*glares at how long it took to write 7 out of 14 songs on TBWKTM*

he said somewhere that he had written about 60 songs for the album. :wink2:

It IS cheesy! But who said cheese was bad? I am a big fan of cheese. :naughty:

Nothing wrong with cheesy pop. People can be too snobby I think.

agree. :thumb_yello: hey, i even have the first two boyzone albums at home and went to a few of their gigs back in the 90s. :biggrin2: one of my friends was a huge fan and followed them like i do with mika now.

I'm pretty sure by Mika's standards, most of us are essentially destitute. :aah:

well, he does know what it's like to have no money, when they were living in this bed&breakfast in london for a year.

but agree, he probably meanwhile forgot how to deal with such a situation. :teehee:

I try to be like Kaitlin Shae

:lmfao:

"I could be Babs, I could be Fred, I could be Caz or Dan too!

I could be Mana, I could be Sara, I could even be Suze!

Gotta be Debs, gotta be Mel, gotta be all those fit girls,

Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me? Maybe I should just be GRACE KELLY!"

:aah:

You have no idea how long it took me to make that up! :roftl:

It's the only thing I could think of, :lmao:

Now that I think of it, there's plenty of things he could pay me in, private livingroom gigs, public acknowledgement, hugs. :cheerful_h4h:

I easily live the rest of my life just giving Mika hugs and being paid for it.

he said somewhere that he had written about 60 songs for the album. :wink2:

Then why did he end up putting, I see you (formally, I'm falling.), Pick Up off the floor, and Loverboy, then put Blue eyes, Lady jane and toy boy on it?

Just made me feel like they're space fill'ers.

But whatever, if the other 60 songs didn't appeal to his nature (and weren't leaked on youtube for some reason...) that's fine by me. *totally isn't hiding secret SFS on TBWKTM angst*

Then why did he end up putting, I see you (formally, I'm falling.), Pick Up off the floor, and Loverboy, then put Blue eyes, Lady jane and toy boy on it?

But whatever, if the other 60 songs didn't appeal to his nature (and weren't leaked on youtube for some reason...) that's fine by me. *totally isn't hiding secret SFS on TBWKTM angst*

I also disagree with the SFS songs being on TBWKTM :naughty:

wow, we got from talking about Boyzone to TBWKTM :lmfao:

In my opinion, I think "Holy Johnny" shouldv'e been on the album.

It's been a very emotional day having to listen to the song for the first time. Tomorrow the videoclip to the song will be online on boyzone.net and that's another thing I'm dreading. It's just bittersweet.

I was just discussing with someone earlier today how strange it was to hear this song for the first time and be singing along with it but Boyzone fans must be having a very different experience. Even before you posted we talked about how difficult it would be to listen to a Mika song for the first time knowing it's one of the last new songs we'll ever get to hear.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Stephen and the song. I can't even imagine how difficult it was to have to lose him so unexpectedly.

On another note I don't think for a minute that Mika did this for the money since it was reported that he turned down a substantial sum for it in 2007. I think any decent person would release the song under the circumstances and his fans know that Mika is nothing if not a decent person.

"I could be Babs, I could be Fred, I could be Caz or Dan too!

I could be Mana, I could be Sara, I could even be Suze!

Gotta be Debs, gotta be Mel, gotta be all those fit girls,

Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me? Maybe I should just be GRACE KELLY!"

:aah:

You have no idea how long it took me to make that up! :roftl:

:roftl:

I approve of this version. Mika should release it as a b-side. :mf_rosetinted:

I think Toy Boy and Blue Eyes were both included on TBWKTM because he quite likes both of those songs - he's said at different times they're among his favourites. I assume he liked how they turned out, and,

a) wanted them to be heard by a wider audience than just SFS buyers, and

b) wanted an excuse to be able to keep playing them live.

As for Loverboy, I See You and PUOTF - I got nothin. Of course, who knows if he really wrote 60 fully-formed songs in that time period? We all know Mika's prone to a bit of exaggeration every now and then. :wub2:

agree. :naughty: but he said a few times that those 2 songs belong to his faves on the album, probably that's why.

and i still think that blue eyes will be the next single after biotg, although i'm not happy about it - but if it is, it had to be on the album for that. :aah:

:roftl:

I approve of this version. Mika should release it as a b-side. :mf_rosetinted:

I think Toy Boy and Blue Eyes were both included on TBWKTM because he quite likes both of those songs - he's said at different times they're among his favourites. I assume he liked how they turned out, and,

As for Loverboy, I See You and PUOTF - I got nothin. Of course, who knows if he really wrote 60 fully-formed songs in that time period? We all know Mika's prone to a bit of exaggeration every now and then. :wub2:

I'm glad someone approves of this version lol.

As for LB, ISY, and PUOTF, not everyone's heard of them as they weren't actually released in a physical form, whereas BE and TB were. Mika sang PUOTF on his 1st DVD but no-one actually knew the title or if he actually made it up. I just thought it was an old song when I heard it lol.

I'm glad these ones are on there, though.

I easily live the rest of my life just giving Mika hugs and being paid for it.

I don't even need money, hugs are fiiiine for me! :thumb_yello:

Just listened to the song.

How ... lovely. :roftl:

Yeah no offense to the boyzone fans, but Mika did a better job imo (of course a mika fan is goona think that right...)

But when I listened to it, I was just like, "something isn't mixing."

THANK YOU! :huglove:

I didn't know he liked blue eyes that much, and he did seem pretty proud of the "Disney 19*insert date*'s feel" But honestly, it doesn't belong. :shun:

That makes sense...but if you're a fan of mika's then you would've bought SFS and tbwktm not just tbwktm am i right? :blink:

this song is.. well.. :tears:

I was apparently a boyzone fan when i was two, but I do not recall :blink: I appreciate this song on so many levels. Written by Mika, performed by Stephen, even if Stephen did creep me out a little I'm sure he was a lovely person :thumb_yello:

Its very sweet. Stephen and Ronan's voices are much better suited to the song then Mikas, if I am honest :boxed:

All in all a good listen. Still don't get why songs get airplay so long before they are released *is confused:

:naughty: I still don't have SFS and MFC'ers should probably do this to me ---> :fish: ... I just haven't got around to ordering it.

well, if you wait a bit longer, they might reduce the price even more. :aah: it's sad that they had to put it on sale. :no: hope the rest of them will sell due to the buzz the tour hopefully brings.