REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

theres 1 thing about the piccies... the 3 with him shirtless... his 6-pack... i think its getting too big/much soon...

aussielandnov24-6.jpg

aussielandnov24-5.jpg

Technically it's a "3 pack" since he's only developing half of one.

my shoes are made of butter ^-^

They must have melted at the gig.

(Report coming later.)

Thanks Tegan, DCDeb and Freddiesdouble for organising the M&G. Very much appreciated!!:mf_lustslow:

Have just uploaded the first of my vids to you tube. It's Mika's entrance. The camera work gets wonky when he takes the spacesuit off....cant possibly think why, then there is much squealing from Mireille and Mici about his white pants...I guess you had to be there.

Oh, BIG hugs and thanks to Mireille and Mouselle who helped me keep Floss in relative Floss shape. Mireille had a lovely chat with 2 drunk girls behind us and kept them in their place and not our places which I can only imagine is where they wanted to be. Nice work girl!!:thumb_yello:

Floss only got squished once and that was when Jimmy leant forward to hi five the WINNERS of the BIOTG's sing off... It would have been rude to have not attempted to reciprocate the hi five. But all is OK. Floss bounced back.

There is SUCH a positive happy vibe from you lot , really its warming I love it:thumb_yello:

Our dorm room was a happy place to be! Little groups formed of awake people who were too up to sleep, and we talked (especially me, I know) for far too many hours when sleeping would have been a more sensible option. It was just that there were so many of us, and so much to say!

After the Forum last time, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I could not post on MFC for about a week. This time I can feel the overwhelm just sitting there, waiting to happen, but I am postponing it until these reports are over, and I can go into shellshock wothout depriving MFC of my reports. I know they are far too long to be sensible, and I think the No pride, No Shame effect is still in operation for a little longer. I have read so many MFC concert reports over the years, and lived through them. Now it's my turn to write!

Technically it's a "3 pack" since he's only developing half of one.

On stage, his energy level, excitement and bounce just rivets me. In person, I get a huge sense of fragility. A lot of it is height and slenderness, but I can understand why so many people, and so many of his family have diverted their lives to support him. He has enormous talent and ability and is highly intelligent and capable, and all that - but...

The expectations and demands on him are literally more than mortal man should bear, and anyone who loves him would be desperate to do whatever they could to make his path slightly easier.

I don't know why I think he has it harder than other new stars. Actually, I do. Your average new pop star is a singer. They are being managed and directed to the nth degree by their professional handlers, but all (!!!) they have to do is cope with that. Their life is managed, but they never really have to think or organise. They suffer from lack of being control (being puppetted), but usually don't care as long as they can sing.

A large number of them seem to be party people who like the glitz and the getting laid. I know they work hard, but they party hard too.

Mika and his family are trying to do so much more, with this creation of the Mika world space and many other aims which are totally foreign to (and additional to, not replacing) normal media and popworld traditions. So he's got the extra battles to fight for every contrary thing he wants to do, as well all the things he can't resist being involved in, from stage setup, to theatre as part of the show, to costumes and fan art exhibitions, as well as his need not only for "me time" but artistic time.

Every artistic friend I have starts going slightly insane as soon as they are deprived of time to be artistic. Yes, he's fulfilling the performance side of him when on tour, but there also needs to be time for journalling and doodling, and being.

Maybe they have the expectation that as Mika becomes more well known and builds a big enough fan base they can start limiting the media commitments, because an album and tour will be promotion enough. I hope that day comes quickly! 13 hour non-stop days are not good!

Edited by mouselle
spelling

Our dorm room was a happy place to be! Little groups formed of awake people who were too up to sleep, and we talked (especially me, I know) for far too many hours when sleeping would have been a more sensible option. It was just that there were so many of us, and so much to say!

After the Forum last time, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I could not post on MFC for about a week. This time I can feel the overwhelm just sitting there, waiting to happen, but I am postponing it until these reports are over, and I can go into shellshock wothout depriving MFC of my reports. I know they are far too long to be sensible, and I think the No pride, No Shame effect is still in operation for a little longer. I have read so many MFC concert reports over the years, and lived through them. Now it's my turn to write!

On stage, his energy level, excitement and bounce just rivets me. In person, I get a huge sense of fragility. A lot of it is height and slenderness, but I can understand why so many people, and so many of his family have diverted their lives to support him. He has enormous talent and ability and is highly intelligent and capable, and all that - but...

The expectations and demands on him are literally more than mortal man should bear, and anyone who loves him would be desperate to do whatever they could to make his path slightly easier.

I don't know why I think he has it harder than other new stars. Actually, I do. Your average new pop star is a singer. They are being managed and directed to the nth degree by their professional handlers, but all (!!!) they have to do is cope with that. Their life is managed, but they never really have to think or organise. They suffer from lack of being control (being puppetted), but usually don't care as long as they can sing.

A large number of them seem to be party people who like the glitz and the getting laid. I know they work hard, but they party hard too.

Mika and his family are trying to do so much more, with this creation of the Mika world space and many other aims which are totally foreign to (and additional to, not replacing) normal media and popworld traditions. So he's got the extra battles to fight for every contrary thing he wants to do, as well all the things he can't resist being involved in, from stage setup, to theatre as part of the show, to costumes and fan art exhibitions, as well as his need not only for "me time" but artistic time.

Every artistic friend I have starts going slightly insane as soon as they are deprived of time to be artistic. Yes, he's fulfilling the performance side of him when on tour, but there also needs to be time for journalling and doodling, and being.

Owain was saying that they have the expectation that as Mika becomes more well known and builds a big enough fan base they can start limiting the media commitments, because an album and tour will be promotion enough. I hope that day comes quickly! 13 hour non-stop days are not good!

Firstly Mouselle, let me say that I love to read a long report, and the more detail the better, so please don't stop yourself from writing stuff. If people don't want to read it, they won't, but the ones who want to (such as me) will be happier the longer it is :naughty:.

Secondly, I had to quote this post because I think that you're very right there. Mika is so much more involved (and often totally in control of most of it) in EVERYTHING than the average singer/popstar, and I feel that he's also much more emotionally invested in the whole thing than most. This is, I guess, another one of the reasons why I follow him in a way that I don't follow anyone else. He's a true star in every sense :wub2:.

Ah. Owain. Sorry. I should have realised that he would have the Welsh spelling. Such a really nice guy. I had no idea of who he was, just that he seemed to have a very nasty cough and looked very tired. So I asked if he was alright.

He was the lovliest man and was the one that really started the ball rolling in getting Mouselle a picture of her quilt on the set of Sunrise (with a little added extra... :wink2:). I nearly died of embarassment when I realised he was with Mika :blink:

I backed off a bit, mainly because I really, really think that all of Mikas crew must weary of being used as either a source for gossip or a way to 'get' to Mika. But he is just so enthusiastic about what he does and life in general that he is hard not to talk to!

Really lovely man.

He shall remain my hero for what he did to make Mouselle's day. Sweet man. Just wish he'd quit smoking! (Before anyone gets cranky with me, I can say that I'm an ex-smoker who wishes that smokers would see the light, but never seriously harrass them about it).

The 'moons' were not that flat, as they mostly had UV paint stippled over them, so that when ever those lights came on, they had a lovely 3D effect.

I was very impressed with what they managed to do in such a small venue.

Owain said that this concert was a really big job, as they only had the one day to set up and strike the set. Bloody hell they did well. B52's with Mental as Anything as supports were coming in the very next day to set up.

Owain is very chatty offstage, but man he concentrates when he is on the job. Nothing is over looked. He and the guy with the black hair did the job of about five people. A lot of concentration.

A crapload of leads and wires, with so much that could go wrong. Better them than me!

Just before the concert started, I noticed a roll of string on the stage and was worried that someone was going to break a leg (this is after hearing of the Boy's adventures in jumping up and down and hurting his foot a while back). Owain kicked it off after I pointed it out. I was very relieved. But then some nit threw a glow stick on the stage, so then I spent a long time being very worried watching Mika and Imma nearly tread on it a few times. I need to have my mother hat forcibly removed from me I think.

Towards the end of the concert, Mika did actually go for a slide on some amp leads, but managed to just slide on them and keep going without missing a beat. What a guy!

My eyes are crossing as I am so very tired today. I think I need some more rest today...

Part 6 the Meet and Greet.

John had said earlier in the day that the M&G would be held next to the bar at the front of the venue due to lack of room anywhere else. There were 15 competition winners who would also be there. Given that there were 42 of us, there was a very large crowd hoping to meet Mika, but they were mostly us! There were other people in the bar wearing after show tags, but they were sitting casually in nooks at tables and benches. I was puzzled at their unconcern until Annie pointed out that they were family and friends of the band.

I spoke to Imma and congratulated her on an awesome performance. She was kind enough to say she had seen me in the audience, so I am very thankful I put in the (limited) effort in to watch her and show my appreciation!

I spoke to Jimmy who said he recognized me from Sunrise, and he said they had really enjoyed doing the show.

I spoke to John earlier in the day about my appreciation for him, and that I felt that at the Forum and this time he had been so kind to me, and I wanted to make him a gift, but I wanted to know what he would like. I said that if he took 3 years to come back I’d have a very long time to make it! He said he thought they would be back sooner than that!

He said he needed to think about it. I asked his favorite colour, and he said he liked reddish things. If anyone else wants to make stuff for John, that’s your clue as to what he likes. I think he deserves a few more presents.

I approached him again at the M&G and he said that if I really wanted to make him something, he knew what he wanted, and he told me. However, since I have a year or so to wait, and I don’t want to be the tenth person to give him such a thing, I’m not going to post it here! I will hunt up a John thread later and post there so when people look they can find the clue.

Mika’s mother. Yes, I know her name is Joanie, but that seems too familiar and scary to say. Nor does Mrs Penniman feel right, as she is just too friendly for the formality. I have trouble with names. My usual compromise is to pay close attention to the person I speak to, and avoid using names! It’s a rude habit, but unavoidable for me, that also comes in handy when I do know the name, but am too awed to use it!

She was talking to a group of people and I moved to be nearby. I caught the tail end of a sentence where she said “- but big girls are beautiful…” She said it perfectly simply and matter-of-factly and looked at me and opened her arms in a kind of embrace to the world, and glowed, and I thought she was so beautiful at that moment.

In an earlier conversation, she said that her goal was to have an exhibition of art from Mika’s fans that travelled with them, so that everywhere there was a concert, there would also be an exhibition. I looked at her in amazement and asked if she knew how much effort and co-ordination that would take! She smiled at me, and said “I’ll make it happen!”

It’s mind-boggling. The hassles of moving an exhibition from town to town, getting it suitably displayed for a usual travelling exhibition (of quilts, which is all I know about) which usually last a week or two, then packing it all up to arrive at the next place is nightmare of logistics and care for the people who have to co-ordinate it. To think of doing that for potential one night only displays is unbelievable. I can’t even think how it could be managed. By my calculation two or three could possibly leap-frog, giving each a day to be set up, a day to be seen and a day to be taken down and travel.

Maybe she’s thinking smaller scale, and just planning on displaying a few things at the concert venue, but it really didn’t sound like that! However, I can’t think anything is impossible for this family!

I’m up to Mika. But I can’t write it yet, so I digress.

When I was in the concert venue, safely in the front row for the first time ever, I looked at Annie, and asked “How did I get here?” The whole experience has been just a build. Being in the front row of a Mika concert was more than I had hoped for. Last time I started in the second row and was pushed back to fourth row by the time he came on. So first row meant my whole trip had been worthwhile.

My first approach to John was because I was desperate for some contact with Mika. So John recognized me the next time. There were few people there at Sunrise, so he appreciated the effort. So he chose me to speak to at the concert queue. I got to be hot chocolate girl. That alone would have been enough for me to say I had a fantastic concert experience.

Separately, there was a first approach to Owain – made by Annie, because he was there, and she is friendly. This led to more conversations, which lead to the possibility of painting spheres with the family. Even the possibility, knowing that it had been real enough that he actually went and asked and came back with an answer-that would have been enough, if that was all.

And it just went on, and on. I didn’t want pinching. I never want to be pinched again. Waking up can wait! This can’t have been real, because real is never this surreal! Movies are more real than this!

Ah. Owain. Sorry. I should have realised that he would have the Welsh spelling. Such a really nice guy. I had no idea of who he was, just that he seemed to have a very nasty cough and looked very tired. So I asked if he was alright.

He's not Welsh, Annie.

Firstly Mouselle, let me say that I love to read a long report, and the more detail the better, so please don't stop yourself from writing stuff. If people don't want to read it, they won't, but the ones who want to (such as me) will be happier the longer it is :naughty:.

Secondly, I had to quote this post because I think that you're very right there. Mika is so much more involved (and often totally in control of most of it) in EVERYTHING than the average singer/popstar, and I feel that he's also much more emotionally invested in the whole thing than most. This is, I guess, another one of the reasons why I follow him in a way that I don't follow anyone else. He's a true star in every sense :wub2:.

Thank you, Sariflor.

I can't stop so I'm glad someone is reading.

I can't cope with the next bit yet, so I'm delaying. Your feed back is helping me.

My husband, before I left, said that he couldn't really understand the attraction of following a celebrity to this extent. Going to concerts and enjoying the music is fine, but why would you want to speak to them? They are just ordinary people. The point of music is that it's your interpretation that affects you, and the need to approach a celebrity just to say that you love their music and it changed your life, just seems strange when that's what everyone says, and it's not news to them!

I know we are all seeking a connection to Mika, but if the end result is that we are all trophy hunters wanting his scalp in the form of an autograph, picture, or hug, then I agree with my husband. Leave the man in peace.

I met some trophy hunters at Idol. They realised that I had beeen waiting there for hours, and eagerly damended to know who I had spotted, and how many autographs I had. When I showed them my Songs for Sorrow book with Mika's name on the front, they were shocked by my wierdness at not wanting any other autographs, and my supreme disinterest in Guy Sebastian, Michael Buble and the Idol contestants, most of whom I had seen.

When Mika was about to enter the M&G and we were told not to take pictures, some MFCers behind me were very indignant at having their fun totally spoiled. I was a little abrupt with them and said they just needed to accept that it was so. I thought later how Mika had not managed to see everyone when there were no pictures to be taken. If there had been extra delays while he posed and cameras were checked, and pictures re-taken, only a very few would have got any contact in the time he was able to give us.

I dont have time to post my report tonight, maybe tomorrow off my laptop at the airport! (free internets)

Im still buzzed although a wee bit sad I didnt get to meet him, he looked me in the eye and aknologed me and noticed me from backstage so that was good enough!

I held his gaze long enough to see how exausted he was but he was trying so hard to hide it! he was sweet and he said hi to me back stage so I guess I got my moment!

what am I saying! I WAS ON STAGE with mika! That beats anything Ive ever felt. the feeling the costume gives you, the audience, the lights, the music! it was wounderful!

Oh and Ive descovered, im shorter than charese (sp?)

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Aha! :doh: Now it makes sense. You know I bet Mika was prolly enjoying painting the moons and such, as that was his outlet for the day. Possibly also the reason they said they didn't really need help.:thumb_yello:

He's not Welsh, Annie.

Really? My bad:blush-anim-cl:

He didn't have the upwards inflection as much, so I thought he may have been from there originally and moved elsewhere... So were is he from? Inquiring minds want to know :naughty:...

Really? My bad:blush-anim-cl:

He didn't have the upwards inflection as much, so I thought he may have been from there originally and moved elsewhere... So were is he from? Inquiring minds want to know :naughty:...

He's from Newcastle. Not a dissimilar accent, I guess.

These long reports are great- don't think we're getting tired of them!

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it.

I'm still sitting here, not writing the important stuff.

Owain's not Welsh? I really need to go and read that other thread so I don't get him wrong again, but I need to do this first... Soon...

Edited by mouselle
typos

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it.

I'm still sitting here, not writing the important stuff.

Owain's not Welsh? I reall yneed ot go and read that other thread so I don't get him wrong again, but I need to do this first... Soon...

:naughty: I wouldn't it's mostly a load of rubbish.

Wow! even more awesome reports!!! Loving the reports ladies...Love chance meetings... & that is a good one!! So many new MFCers from Aussie suddenly.. the group is growing fast! Glad to know the 'gang' at the gig in 2007 were there too... minus RainbowSky.. whom i've not seen for a long time (Where is she?)... really glad HK managed to get well in time for the gig... can't wait to see what the necklace looks like this time.. this Aussie gig is definitely bringing back memories of 2007 for me...

Mouselle, just as it was in 2007 your report is fabulous... I remember how long it took you to come up with a report the last time, but it was worth the wait... loved the quilt you made then.. have not seen what you've made this time... i'm sure it's fab too. Agree with you that Mika & team need to take it easy...

Suzy- 'OwainLloyd' thread..LOL! I remember reading that... how long ago was that :blink:... suddenly feel priviledged to have been here this long... bet many don't know about chicken or the apple pose etc.. heck someone didn't even know who Mikey was the other day.... feeling nostalgic.. :wub2:

Bring on more reports!!! Tegan, HK where are you?

Wow! even more awesome reports!!! Loving the reports ladies...Love chance meetings... & that is a good one!! So many new MFCers from Aussie suddenly.. the group is growing fast! Glad to know the 'gang' at the gig in 2007 were there too... minus RainbowSky.. whom i've not seen for a long time (Where is she?)... really glad HK managed to get well in time for the gig... can't wait to see what the necklace looks like this time.. this Aussie gig is definitely bringing back memories of 2007 for me...

Mouselle, just as it was in 2007 your report is fabulous... I remember how long it took you to come up with a report the last time, but it was worth the wait... loved the quilt you made then.. have not seen what you've made this time... i'm sure it's fab too. Agree with you that Mika & team need to take it easy...

Suzy- 'OwainLloyd' thread..LOL! I remember reading that... how long ago was that :blink:... suddenly feel priviledged to have been here this long... bet many don't know about chicken or the apple pose etc.. heck someone didn't even know who Mikey was the other day.... feeling nostalgic.. :wub2:

Bring on more reports!!! Tegan, HK where are you?

So he's forgotten, he :naughty:

In an earlier conversation, she said that her goal was to have an exhibition of art from Mika’s fans that travelled with them, so that everywhere there was a concert, there would also be an exhibition. I looked at her in amazement and asked if she knew how much effort and co-ordination that would take! She smiled at me, and said “I’ll make it happen!”

things at the concert venue, but it really didn’t sound like that! However, I can’t think anything is impossible for this family!

Oh gosh! Mika said ages ago that he was gonna do an exhibition of Fan things, looks like it's actually gonna happen!