REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

Hey guys

i am new , but i was one of the big girls last night. tegan encouraged me to join :) can i just say waiting in the line with all the MFCers was so awesome we were there for hours but they just flew by because everyone was so nice and fun :) . I will write a report on my experience soon (later today) but for now here is a picture of the big girls from my camera taken by Mika's mum :)

DSC04077.jpg

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahhhhhh!! such a nice report! :huglove:

do you remember when we had a long conversation? you said you'd never meet mika??? :aah:

:naughty: ah yes, boy do i remember.

at that point i felt so hopeless, so cut off from the world.. like everything to do with Mika wasnt really real.

i should have known better.. i'm a very determined person, and i always get there in the end. BUT. this is not a end. this is a BEGINNING. Because on my way back to where i was staying in the wee hours of this morning, i realised, i'm going to do this all my life. I'm always going to go see Mika as long as he keeps performing. The MFCers, the gig, MIKA .. i havent been so happy in a long time.. i waited and saved so hard for this concert.

I really hope Mika comes to NZ, if he doesnt, I'm already working out how much I need to save each week to have enough money to come back to Australia by October next year :naughty:

:naughty: ah yes, boy do i remember.

at that point i felt so hopeless, so cut off from the world.. like everything to do with Mika wasnt really real.

i should have known better.. i'm a very determined person, and i always get there in the end. BUT. this is not a end. this is a BEGINNING. Because on my way back to where i was staying in the wee hours of this morning, i realised, i'm going to do this all my life. I'm always going to go see Mika as long as he keeps performing. The MFCers, the gig, MIKA .. i havent been so happy in a long time.. i waited and saved so hard for this concert.

I really hope Mika comes to NZ, if he doesnt, I'm already working out how much I need to save each week to have enough money to come back to Australia by October next year :naughty:

:biggrin2: i told you you'd get your turn!!! i'm so happy you FINALLY got to meet him and see him perform! :huglove:

Hey guys

i am new , but i was one of the big girls last night. tegan encouraged me to join :) can i just say waiting in the line with all the MFCers was so awesome we were there for hours but they just flew by because everyone was so nice and fun :) . I will write a report on my experience soon (later today) but for now here is a picture of the big girls from my camera taken by Mika's mum :)

DSC04077.jpg

:bye:miabest!

welcome to MFC! THE place for mika fans worldwide! :biggrin2:

can't wait for your report!

also, when you have a minute, it would be nice to start a thread in the introductions and goodbyes section, to introduce yourself to the forum. that way we could welcome you properly! :thumb_yello:

lovely picture! i recognise 2 out of 4

Hey guys

DSC04077.jpg

wow hapi lovely big girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2:

and welcome to the MFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx

Aw, that's such a beautiful pic of you girls Miabest. Thanks for posting and welcome to MFC!

Oakie Doke, your report is hilarious. :roftl:

Bec, you always gave the greatest detailed reports, even between gigs. :biggrin2:

And Charlie, I loved your story. I'm so glad you got a chance to talk to Mika, however brief. It sounds like it was meaningful especially when you had something you'd made yourself to give him. I hope he or his mum finds your letter. :huglove:

Thanks everyone else for the reports too. It's been an interesting read!

Looking forward to Nico, Kelzy, S&M, Chickadee and others. It seems so strange to me to have these big MFC personalities who've been part of MFC for so long and yet some have never written a gig report. I can't wait to hear your views and stories.

Aw, that's such a beautiful pic of you girls Miabest. Thanks for posting and welcome to MFC!

Oakie Doke, your report is hilarious. :roftl:

Bec, you always gave the greatest detailed reports, even between gigs. :biggrin2:

And Charlie, I loved your story. I'm so glad you got a chance to talk to Mika, however brief. It sounds like it was meaningful especially when you had something you'd made yourself to give him. I hope he or his mum finds your letter. :huglove:

Thanks everyone else for the reports too. It's been an interesting read!

Looking forward to Nico, Kelzy, S&M, Chickadee and others. It seems so strange to me to have these big MFC personalities who've been part of MFC for so long and yet some have never written a gig report. I can't wait to hear your views and stories.

i know! i can't wait to hear from them also... and happikali too!

Report:

Before starting, please ignore any typing mistakes as I Have my pupils dilated with drops and can barely see the letters:teehee:

Thank you so much for everyone who made this experience possible. I have this silly smile on my face and even my son's tantrums can not get it off:wub2:

I've never seen Mika as happy as he was yesterday.I think we really surprised him especially when everybody was singing the songs of TBWKTM. I think he waswn't expecting to see an audience on fire. And we were:teehee:

We were in the front row, right there. A lot of eye contact. It was heaven I do apologise from Mici ,Flossy and Kezc if I had annoyed them with my constant jumping :teehee:.Others might have gone thru the details in other posts so I'm not going to repeat them. But I'll talk abt the meet and greet. Again thank you soooo much for everyone who made it possible.:thumb_yello:

I gave Mika a present wrapped in christmas paper and I said Merry christmas! He said Oh a present. I had written on the paper to Mika from Mireille Geha thinking that I might not be able to give it to him in person. So he read the name out loud and he said have we met before? I should have said yes in another life: you were romeo and I was Juliette:teehee:, but I just said no. He said I know the name. And I said I tweet to you a lot:teehee:. Then he opened it. It's a willow tree sculpture called Happiness. I engraved on a base under it: Happiness is what you put in our hearts. Thanks Mika, your biggest fan Mireille Geha. He asked me if it was clay, I said I don't know I didn't make it I only bought it:teehee:. Then he thanked me and I asked for a hug, he said sure:blush-anim-cl:. I asked him if MFC could have their own gig next year, he said we will see, I don't know yet.After that he went on to speak to other fans. I stayed a couple of meters away and kept staring at him. I just couldn't get enough of him. I also said hello to Mrs Penniman and spoke to her in arabic. She offered some Lebanese sweets (Beklawa) to Kezc and myself. On the way leaving I said to Cherisse Bye she said see you next year.

Thank you Mika for putting a smile on our dial:wub2:

I *think* that they gave the necklace to John, because Mika was leaving. But they went and told Mikas mum about it, and she said she would check Mika got it.

Mikas mum is the loveliest woman. I went to ask her about the flag and firstly i aplolgised for bothering her and she was like 'oh, no, thats no problem' she said she saw the flag and she thought it was lovely and i did a good job on it :wub2: and she'd packed it into Mikas bag.

I've started uploading some pictures on FB, (i mostly took videos) this link should work?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=39547&id=1073595160&saved

Report:

Thank you so much for everyone who made this experience possible. I have this silly smile on my face and even my son's tantrums can not get it off:wub2:

I've never seen Mika as happy as he was yesterday.I think we really surprised him especially when everybody was singing the songs of TBWKTM. I think he wasn't expecting to see an audience on fire. And we were:teehee:

So he read the name out loud and he said have we met before? I should have said yes in another life: you were romeo and I was Juliette:teehee:, but I just said no. He said I know the name. And I said I tweet to you a lot:teehee:.

Then he thanked me and I asked for a hug, he said sure:blush-anim-cl:.

I stayed a couple of meters away and kept staring at him. I just couldn't get enough of him. I also said hello to Mrs Penniman and spoke to her in arabic. She offered some Lebanese sweets (Beklawa) to Kezc and myself. On the way leaving I said to Cherisse Bye she said see you next year.

mireille geha I am so happy for you.

Does your face hurt from smiling so much?? :teehee:

Reading all of these reports is so exciting.

Many thanks to all of you!

So great reading your reports! Bonzboy, Oakie doke, Soangel, racinghorse, and anyone else I've missed - thank you for sharing so many details of your long-awaited Mika experience with us! And to the Big Girls - you looked awesome!:wub2:

Loving the pics, too. Holy cow, abs! :shocked:

And judging by the vids, the audience seemed very into it. Love it! Australians seem to know how to party! :punk:

Thank you all so much for your detailed reports! How wonderful for us to be reading about YOUR experiences for a change! :biggrin2:

What a sweet report, mireille! Thanks for sharing it!

Also, I got my pic taken with Mika. Is it just me, or is he really towering over me? He doesn't seem quite as tall in other pics I've seen... :teehee::naughty:

:lmfao: Good one!

Hey guys

DSC04077.jpg

BIG GIRLS YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GORGEOUS PHOTO!!!!!!!!!!

PURE JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SO much for sharing this! And thanks to Mika's mum for taking such a fabulous photo!

Okay so this is my report, sorry its so long

I got to the enmore at about 12:30 and no one was there so i decided to go get something to eat by the time i got back there were about 15 ppl ahead of us . but most were from here so it was okay. I spoke to heaps of mfcers some of which i saw on monday at sunrise so we had a lot to discuss. then we got drinks that mika bought us and i met john about the big girls dance. I had spoken to mikas mum (on monday) at sunrise about it but wasnt sure about how to go about doing it. With tegans help i worked it out with john and we went in me , kylie , tegan , rosina and rebecca (my sister). we met with mikas mum and she said she remembered me from sunrise and that she would have to check how costumes there were. But there were only 4 costumes so mikas mum suggested that either me or rebecca should leave because we're sisters . bec left on account of me being the bigger mika fan. we were then taken by owen (not really sure what he does) to the stage to practice and show him our dancing . we were split in pairs and went on from either side , i was with tegan . he told us we had to shake our bums and just do massive exaggerated moves. then we went back and sat backstage and mika walked past into his dressing room and we just couldnt wipe the smiles of our faces. we spoke to jimmy for a while as well. he remember me from sunrise . he's really nice and friendly. we sat there for a while longer and mika walked past again and this time he said hi(because he didnt see us the other time) , we all kinda melted on the spot and just said hi back . john told us we could go sit in the catering room where we found mikas mum who got us dressed in our costumes (which were AMAZING) . we met jimmy again and he took a photo of us and put it on twitter. and left the uv paint with us as well. then about 2 minutes before we were on we has some put some on us and then we split up into our pairs tegan and i went with mikas mum and kylie and rosina with john. we stood on the side watching the first performance and dancing around and then it was big girls and we waited for the signal from owen. we went up and got a pretty loud cheer (i am sure they were mostly from mfcers and our friends). the dance was so much fun :) we then went backstage again and got changed and watched the rest of the show.the show was bloody brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i found some of the mfcers and fai, suzan and matt in the crowd and stayed with them . was so much fun and he took fai's sign and rubbed it in between his legs hahahah but we havent got any photos.

now for the m and g/after party ,on my way out i met greg (idol producer) and spoke with him for a while (turns out he is a massive fan) before running of to get some merch to get back in time for mika . it was so much fun the band members were there and some people i knew from idol so we had lots of fun. jimmy spotted me and spoke to me again. he said i was really good and asked whether i had done something like that before , i told him i hadnt and he said that i should go on stage more often (which is actually my biggest dream). he gave me a hug and kiss and i went spoke to other people then mika came out and he signed my t-shirt and cds and i got a hug :) kinda dissapointed no pic though :( ...by that time is was late so i had to leave but i went and said goodbye to jimmy and headed home

all in all is was an amazing night and i want to thank all the mfcers (esp tegan) for making it even better

here is a big girls vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC4JCRoNJo0

and some photos( i have loads more i can email them to anyone who wants some) :

DSC04077-1.jpg

DSCF1506.jpg

DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1516.jpg

DSCF1558.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

DSCF1563.jpg

DSCF1629.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

p.s. if anyone has pics of the big girls on stage can they please send them to me

Edited by Miabest

Ok, time to start writing my report. I think it's going to be rather long, and possibly jumbled. My time sense got scattered and thrown away with the last skerricks of any sense I might have had.

I’ve posted in the Idol and the Sunrise threads about the first two days, and this concert day was the topper.

I meant to get to the Enmore at 12, but ran late and only arrived at 1pm. A few people were ahead of us, so we parked our bags and settled in. I have to say here, that overall I am so grateful to the people who tolerated my perpetual absences from the queue and let me maintain my position. I was away a lot! My son Jericho/David helped, as he did stay put a fair bit, and chatted happily.

First I tracked down DC who has stalked many a star at concert venues all over Sydney. He showed me the back alley door where stars come and go, but it was too small for stage stuff, so I found the bigger door which was actually on the main street. Unfortunately, all the stage stuff was already in the venue. I was fooled in my inexperience by what happened at the Forum 3 years ago, and they were all much earlier this time. I decided that Mika could not possibly be here this early, so I was going to wait around the back entrance until fate saved me. (Last time he arrived after 5 pm!)

One of Mika’s technicians whom Annie and I befriended after Sunrise came out for a smoke break. His name is Owen, and he is Welsh, and he is responsible for the guitars and keyboard setup and sound. He is not a roadie. He has been with Mika from the beginning, and was happily chatty.

He kindly let me know that Mika had arrived at about 11am and had been busy with his mother and sister. The planets they had in the US had not made the trip, and they were painting flat circles to take their place. Annie casually asked if they would like any help, as we would happily help, as would the other MFCers idly sitting in line. Owen said that since they had had a posse of MFCers helping to paint in the states, it was worth asking, and he’d let us know. Unfortunately the answer came back that if we had offered at 11am our help would have been welcomed, but they only had 3 more to paint and were nearly finished. (You can guess how early I might arrive at the next gig!!!!) As the answer was negative, and queue was buzzing with Big Girl excitement, we did not share the (sadly extinct) possibility with the others.

Owen said Mika was very tired, as he had 13 hours of duties on the Sunrise day, and had only had one 20 minute break all day. Everyone was getting worried about the frantic schedule he has at the moment. (Later someone in the band told Annie that they were dreading Hong Kong, as it was going to be equally busy, and they were all incredibly tired, with Mika obviously being the most tired of all. I hope you Hong Kong folk treat him kindly - he needs it!)

Owen also said that on the day Mika hurt his foot, his mother had told him which shoes to wear, but Mika pointed to a different pair and said he was going to wear those. Then he wandered out on stage, forgetting to wear any at all…

So, if you spot a lovely Welsh bloke out for a smoke during band set-up or take-down, he’s well worth approaching! For the accent alone!

John and the story of What Happened Earlier….

At Idol, after Mika’s performance, I had failed totally to spot Mika arriving or leaving, so when I saw John I approached him, and asked if he would pass on to Mika that I thought it had been an awesome performance. He thanked me, and asked my name, then said “I’ve seen you before, haven’t I?” I said yes, and that I’d see him tomorrow at Sunrise. He gave me a look that doubted my sanity, and said he’d look out for me. ..

…At Sunrise, after Mika rehearsed his first song, John wandered over to the window and looked out. He spotted me, and gave me a bow with a flourish …

Back to the concert…

A little later John came out and checked the crowd numbers. He said hello, and that he would organize a runner to get drinks for everyone. Then 10 minutes later he came back again, and said all the runners were busy, and would I organize drinks if he paid. I asked if I should be getting hot chocolates or ice-creams, as the weather could have suited either! He said that people could have whatever they wanted, so I got pen and paper and took orders, then did relays to deliver drinks as they were ready from the café. David really liked the thought of being owed $20 (the shortfall) by Mika, but did claim his money back in the end.

Thank you girls for your lovely reports, pics, videos. Congrats on becoming Big Girls! And welcome to the new ones! :bye:

I'm sure Mika will remember your country, but you aussies have kept him really busy in his schedule :teehee: Wonderful but tiring days!

hi everyone.

im lins.

i've been browsing for about a month but havnt posted & after last night i thought i would because you all looked like such lovely people.

last night was unbelieveable. its the most fun i've had at a gig & in a long time. i can deff say that i'll be attending more mika gigs in the future.

it was nice to have a bit of a chat with mika too. his so lovely, knackered though.

i cant believe i nearly didnt attend because i couldnt afford the $90, thank gosh for frontier.

& thanks for all your reviews. it was so good reading through them all :)