REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

So I'm going to start reporting now. I have to open the door to our hostel soon cos others are leaving their bags here today after they check out so it might be interrupted halfway. I'll call this part part 1

Anyways so I'll start with the beginning. As Biance said, we woke at 8:30 cos in my sleep deprived state I set the alarm for them instead of 9:30... ah well.

We lost Tanya for a bit, but managed to find her and went to Kelz, S&Ms, HK and Dcs apartment for some hassling to get ready and breakfast. After nagging Both Dc and S&M to hurry up and get ready we finally left at 12:15 and walked to central. Then we bought our tickets and boarded our double decker train (We don't have those in Melbourne)

When we arrived at the gig, some girls were there and Charlie(racinghorse) and Ej (bonzaboy). We noticed that our door queue was a bit further down, so we all hurredly moved and kept our spots. Then it was to the cafe next door to purchase burgers and chips for lunch that took so long cooking. BUt they tasted good.

John came out then and talked to Mouselle and Teegs. He noticed our burgers and commented on how unhealthy they were and told us we should eat vegie burgers. We told him we needed all our energy for tonight.

All during this time people were arriving and we were getting a bit big. I moved about the line as I could, and we all chatted. Biance scoped out toilets at a place that played both Mika albums later in the night, and then we decided to go to a music store. Rather than ask a normal person, Biance asked an indie guy who sent us (EJ, charlie, Me and S&M)to a very Mika unfriendly store.Yeah, we got out of there quickly and thought it would be a good idea to walk to a sanity. We found a shopping centre with only one entrance (that can't be safe) and a sanity ft the cds, though we had to ask cos they only had one on the shelves. The chick behind the counter asked us if Mika was playing tonight and we chatted about that. She was friendly and liked Mika. Then we walked ages back to the enmore...yeah next time I won't get a cd to get signed... I'll stick with digital copies

We missed out on Mika drinks during this, but oh well. Then we spied on the sound check, noticed they had merch (so we could have got the cd then *groans* but this way we saved $5).

The security guard kept telling us off, especially when we started choregraphing a brief dance for Wag like the aus idol girls, ft loud shouting. As you may have read, we did the shouting but didnt the actions.. everyone was too busy jumping up and down and we had no room but still had a blast during wag

So back to the line. We were very excited that some of ours were chosen for Big girls. Towards door time we were wondering when they would go in, and speak of the devil and John suddenly appears asking for them. So they go in again and come back out to chat for a bit more

So much more happened in the line that I want to write but then this could go on forever and I have limited time. I really enjoyed talking to everyone and meeting everyone in the line, and teaching the wag dance was fun, even if we didn't end up doing. Even before the gig I was having an absolute ball.

So now onto part 2... the gig itself.. if I can get it out before the others start ringing so we can help with check out

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving all the reports and photos.

Sad to hear you MFCers did the respectful thing by hanging back from Mika at the after-show thing, giving him space, and then others were clearly jumping in and getting their moments, and then you long-term MFCers missed out. :blink:That sucks IMO. But as Bec says, focus on the positive.

Well, my very first Mika gig, what can I say?

The night before I did not sleep and was ready to go about 5 hours early. (the timezone made me 3 hours ahead of myself anyway, which didn't help..)

E.J came to where I was staying in a taxi and we went to the venue together. We were the second there it was 1pm.- a couple girls got there minutes before us, and they refused to talk and sat there giving us the evils.. later we found out why, they had door two (second part of venue, not standing dancefloor) tickets and were first in line at door 7. We passed Okie Doke and others walking in the taxi, so they turned up moments after us.

The day passed in a blur of randomness.. soangel (bec) and S&M went to go buy TBWKTM, and were sent to a random indie store that had guns and rather interesting music.. and a guy with a scary dog who descided to wrap his leash around my legs. needless to say they didnt exactly have mika..

so soangel, s&m, bonzaboy and i ended up going on a almost 2 hour walk around sydney looking for a music store (thats for taking us the interesting way, gogle maps.) The best part about this was the merch stand after the gig.. ah haha

when we (finally) got back, mika had apparently sent everyone drinks.. they we're soundchecking inside, and we heard dr. john and blame it on the girls..OH AND WE SAW THE BACK OF MIKAS HEAD THROUGH A GLASS DOOR! The glass was mostly frosted so we could only peek at the back on mikas head through the enmore theatre lettering.. we were such stalkers haha. i danced like a retard and e.j filmed me, and then we were like 'oh, we've seen mika, we'll go home now.'

then we went back into the queue and blew bubbles and took photos like good little mika fans.. tegan posted a photo of everyone queuing and apparently Nono thought i look like Mana (lollipop_monkey) ? Then everyone was like 'oh yeah you do look like a 16 year old mana. :naughty:

We thought up this awesome as parody dance of we are golden and practised it.. i really only wanted to practise the shouting. we were really bad at doing it in time, we'd be like WE ARE NOT what you.. *insert random crazy laughing here.* HappiKali and Kelzy turned up a hour or so before doors opened, so it must have been around 6.30 or 7. They both haven't been wel but it was great that they could come :wub2:

When the doors opened me and E.J ran (and then got told off by the security guards, so we walked for about 3 seconds) and then half ran to the very front. We got lucky and got front and center.. but I guess theres always a bad side to that place because there was a guy who kept shoving me when we were standing still before the concert. I turned around and politely asked him to stop it but he was like 'its a mosh pit, b*tch' and then his friend joined in so i tried to ignore him..ended up talking to him a few more times though when he'd shoved the whole way through and then his friend tried to join in..

but whatever, i wasnt gonna let them ruin anything. The opening act was that MJ girl, she seemed nice enough but i dont get why they needed 3 electric guitars, a bass and a physco drummer.. they were LOUD to say the least and i kind of had to cover my ears cos it was hurting, ( i wish i had plugs) but i still liked them.

then the couch came on.. and the lamp.. everyone was getting excited. then that awesome intro thing and then MIKA!

I screamed and screamed and screamed. Even now I can't believe it was real. He came so close to us so many times (but i noticed he doesnt touch the crowds hands like many other performers. Smart move, I've seen singers been pulled into the crowd before.) He laughed and smiled so much, and freaking hell, the enmore was LOUD! during one foot boy he rubbed this cardboard one foot boy thing between his legs (haha) and at the end of billy brown he sung 'you broke my heart, oh billy brown.' does he normally sing that? I hadn't heard it before.

His band were earing the awesomest clothes, and they had glow in the dark facepaint on - oh and Mikas shoes glowed! it was increds. I jumped and jumped and jumped ( i lost my MFC badge and broke my flashing heart and dropped my camera, lol). we all started screaming 'WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE' after love today, because he sang it then according to the american setlists. and we were right, he was grinning. It was AMAZING how loud the WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN, WE ARE GOLDEN! screaming was from the crowd. it completely drowned out Mika and his band. I think because Mika performed that song on idol, everyone knew it.. hearing everyone scream was amazing. Mika was grinning so much, it made me happy.

The flag got thrown onstage, and mika took it off with him. When I talked to his mum afterwards (god she is such a lovely woman) she said she'd packed it into his bag. its a pity i won't get it back, but its nice that mika has it. also the whole MFC signed it except for me ( i forgot to) so its signed by everyone but the person who made it, lol.

Afterwards, i was completely shot, we waited for the crowd to drain out and we retrieved our belongings.. everything becomes a blur after that until the moment i met Mika.

The meet and greet was crowded, there had to be more than 50 people all wandering around the room. There was no photography allowed. Mika came in after a while and began signing things. Me and E.J decided to hang back, and let others have a turn. But after about 10 minutes, Mika suddenly turned around and said to John 'I'm tired, I want to go home.' Then the crowd was told to get out of the way and Mika started walking towards the door. I was thinking 'no.. no.. i have to give him this present' and i just walked up right behind him and went 'Mika' and (i think it was S&M?) was right by me and she said 'Mika, this girl has come all the way from New Zealand to see you, can you talk to her for a moment?"

So Mika turned around and looked like he was gonna walk away any second so i spoke very fast. I held out the painting and he took it and looked like he was about to sign it so i was like 'no, mika, its a painting for you, its about how all your songs have sad messages put to a happy tune .. i came all the way from New Zealand to give this to you, i painted it nearly two years ago and i really wanted to you to have it.' Then Mika suddenly smiled at me and put his hand on my shoulder and said 'thankyou' and i said ' i really hope you come to New Zealand one day' and he said ' thankyou, i will' and turned around and was gone. The whole thing took less than 10 seconds and i was standing there, completely shaken..

I talked to some MFCers and then I had to go back to my motel early, that sucked. I was so sad when I got back, so gutted that it was over. . Meeting Mika was the most bittersweet thing in my whole life. It came so close that he went out the door without me being able to see him, and the time i spoke to him was so breif i didnt get a hold on what was really happening, i just waned to explain to him before he turned aorund and went.. it was bittersweet because I've looked foward to that moment for the last 3 years, and i know it will be at least another whole year before I can see Mika again. I'm back to square one and will have to work so very hard to save enough to come back to australia next year, especially aorund my very hard final two years at school. But I will do it. I just hope it isnt more than one year..

I felt bad that several MFCers didn;t get to meet Mika at all, but that meet and greet was ridiculous.. there was so many people, but it was to be expected because mika hasnt been to australia for so long.

I didn't get anything signed, because Mika has already given me so much i don;t want to ask anything more from him. I just wanted to give him that painting (and there was a letter taped to the inside of the canvas but i didnt tell him that, so i hope maybe one day he finds it.)

Now I can tell you i'm hooked. I'll be going to see Mika for the rest of my life.

Thankyou MFC for this amazing experience.

Edited by racinghorse83

So part 2, the gig

We managed to get in and front row, off centre. Some of us may have been second row, but we'd all be able to see. After that it was much waiting around, then Orianthi came on

I must say, despite her released stuff sounding a bit appeal to the masses each, she is excellent live. She puts awesome guitar solos and stuff I said was missing from the recorded versions of her songs, and I really enjoyed her.

Then it was more waiting around ft a bit of shoving (I seriously have bruises on both arms from where the people behind us griped the barricade even though there was no room, and kept just shoving against my arms). Finally the couch was brought out, and we waited for the band

The band all came out and did their watching tv thing. Martin was kinda amusing, putting his arm around Imma and getting it slapped away then putting it around Jimmy (I think he was sitting next to Jimmy) who left it there. Finally the video finished and the man himself started doing space walking across the back of the stage, before stripping off the space suit (so glad he wore pants, I'm not a boxers fan personally).

He disappeared back off stage, then came back on and relax started. And after that is was just a blast, we got into every song, singing and clapping and jumping along. I really liked happy ending, and the blame it on the girls shout off with the audience was great, and there were a few times when he had this big grin on his face cos we were singing everything back to him word for word in all his songs. You could tell he was really enjoying himself.

He forgot the key that Pick up off the floor was in, and had to be told by Martin. He blame jetlag. He also grabbed one of the mfcers signs during Blame it on the boys (they made a cute boy and girl both with either blame it on the girls, or blame it on the boys on it) and danced with it. It was awesome

There was so much that happened during the gig, but its so hard to find the words to write it all down. From Rain onwards it was full on jumping up and down through the 3 songs before the encore, really need a breather after that. Worked off so much food though probably. We also did our Aus idol style shouting after Love today, before Wag. When we started he smiled in a "Omg I can't believe they are doing this way" then turned around and threw back this massive cheeky grin over his shoulder when we shouted again. Worth all our planning in line (which was heaps fun) to get a reaction like that... geez I'm beginning to sound really fangurl :teehee:

I had to step out before the encore to quickly splash my face, and then managed to make my way back to second row with some mfcers. I didn't mind losing front and I could still see cos I was behind Rosina who is shorter than cherisse. Grace Kelly was awesome and Lollipop ft the balloons was so much fun. I managed to snag some balloons as a souvenier.

After stopping by the merch store we waited for the m&G. The band came out, we talked to cherisse for a while and S&M and her had a height measure off. I got a photo with cherisse in which Kelzy said we both looked about 10 and Cherisse laughed. She was awesome and so adorable

We then talked to Imma for a bit and Jimmy, who was really friendly and said how he thought we might not like him, but his great, when he came out, getting photos with both of them. One of the security guards explained that when Mika came out no photos and no crowding, so we mfcers tried to stick back. He did get a bit crowded and he was tired so he left before I could do more than say thanks for the show and get a quick autograph. But I don't mind, I got to speak with all the band and get photos and autographs with them.

Martin came out eventually and we chatted to him for ages about how much he loves sydney and how he wants to move here once he puts touring the world behind him, because it would be a great place to raise kids, and how he wanted to do it in 3 years, or at the least before one of his sons was 10. We chatted for ages with him, he is so nice, and got photos as well. He did thumbs up in every photo and made a joke about it afterwards

Then we got to talk to David/Sunshine for a bit. He was also super friendly and nice to talk to, and Jimmy was there as well just joking around. It was really relaxed

All in all I really enjoyed the show and the M&G even if I didn't get much mika face time. Talking to the band was so much fun and they were so friendly. The show was super awesome and it was definately worse every cent and all the time I spent travelling. I'm sounding fangurly again :teehee: and the others are here so we need to get moving. But it was definately worth it all. I can't wait till he tours us all. He said it had been a long time coming and that he was glad to finally be back during the show

Oh and I took no pics of the show. Too busy enjoying myself, but others took some great ones.

Racinghorse83!

Thank you so much for your beautiful and almost heartbreaking story!:wub2:

I really hope for you that when you come back home to your family and things goes back to normal you can look at the positive side of the meeting with him!

You got to meet him after all, he talked to you and thanked you, he got his gift and I’m sure he will find your letter!:huglove:

Racinghorse83!

Thank you so much for your beautiful and almost heartbreaking story!:wub2:

I really hope for you that when you come back home to your family and things goes back to normal you can look at the positive side of the meeting with him!

You got to meet him after all, he talked to you and thanked you, he got his gift and I’m sure he will find your letter!:huglove:

thankyou :blush-anim-cl:

i've been able to see the postives the whole time.. like i said, it was the most bittersweet moment of my whole life. I am so greatful for those few seconds. They were worth everything. I cried because I was so happy but also because I don't know how long it will be before a experience like this again..

Loving all the reports and photos.

Sad to hear you MFCers did the respectful thing by hanging back from Mika at the after-show thing, giving him space, and then others were clearly jumping in and getting their moments, and then you long-term MFCers missed out. :blink:That sucks IMO. But as Bec says, focus on the positive.

Sorry to break this to you BS, but that's exactly what always happens :naughty:. It's just how things work, unfortunately :dunno: I've lost count of the amount of times where I stood back respectuosly and missed out on meeting him. In fact, for the longest time, I would look at him from the distance after gigs because it was impossible to get close without mobbing. Only when things started being a bit more organised with barriers, lines, etc, is when many of us managed to actually speak to him without doing the whole mob thing.

Sorry to break this to you BS, but that's exactly what always happens :naughty:. It's just how things work, unfortunately :dunno: I've lost count of the amount of times where I stood back respectuosly and missed out on meeting him. In fact, for the longest time, I would look at him from the distance after gigs because it was impossible to get close without mobbing. Only when things started being a bit more organised with barriers, lines, etc, is when many of us managed to actually speak to him without doing the whole mob thing.

Yeah, like Hammersmith '08 :blink:

Thank you Soangel and Racinghorse for your reports. Soangel, your details were incredible! I felt like I was there with you.

Racinghorse, I got a little misty-eyed when I read the part about your secret letter. :tears: I'm sure he will find it and read it. Your interaction with him may have been short, but your painting is a permanent expression of what his music means to you. (Do you have any photos of it, perchance?) I'm so glad that you took a chance, and just went for it.

The night before I did not sleep and was ready to go about 5 hours early. (the timezone made me 3 hours ahead of myself anyway, which didn't help..)

E.J came to where I was staying in a taxi and we went to the venue together. We were the second there it was 1pm.- a couple girls got there minutes before us, and they refused to talk and sat there giving us the evils.. later we found out why, they had door two (second part of venue, not standing dancefloor) tickets and were first in line at door 7. We passed Okie Doke and others walking in the taxi, so they turned up moments after us.

The day passed in a blur of randomness.. soangel (bec) and S&M went to go buy TBWKTM, and were sent to a random indie store that had guns and rather interesting music.. and a guy with a scary dog who descided to wrap his leash around my legs. needless to say they didnt exactly have mika..

so soangel, s&m, bonzaboy and i ended up going on a almost 2 hour walk around sydney looking for a music store (thats for taking us the interesting way, gogle maps.) The best part about this was the merch stand after the gig.. ah haha

when we (finally) got back, mika had apparently sent everyone drinks.. they we're soundchecking inside, and we heard dr. john and blame it on the girls..OH AND WE SAW THE BACK OF MIKAS HEAD THROUGH A GLASS DOOR! The glass was mostly frosted so we could only peek at the back on mikas head through the enmore theatre lettering.. we were such stalkers haha. i danced like a retard and e.j filmed me, and then we were like 'oh, we've seen mika, we'll go home now.'

then we went back into the queue and blew bubbles and took photos like good little mika fans.. tegan posted a photo of everyone queuing and apparently Nono thought i look like Mana (lollipop_monkey) ? Then everyone was like 'oh yeah you do look like a 16 year old mana. :naughty:

We thought up this awesome as parody dance of we are golden and practised it.. i really only wanted to practise the shouting. we were really bad at doing it in time, we'd be like WE ARE NOT what you.. *insert random crazy laughing here.* HappiKali and Kelzy turned up a hour or so before doors opened, so it must have been around 6.30 or 7. They both haven't been wel but it was great that they could come :wub2:

When the doors opened me and E.J ran (and then got told off by the security guards, so we walked for about 3 seconds) and then half ran to the very front. We got lucky and got front and center.. but I guess theres always a bad side to that place because there was a guy who kept shoving me when we were standing still before the concert. I turned around and politely asked him to stop it but he was like 'its a mosh pit, b*tch' and then his friend joined in so i tried to ignore him..ended up talking to him a few more times though when he'd shoved the whole way through and then his friend tried to join in..

but whatever, i wasnt gonna let them ruin anything. The opening act was that MJ girl, she seemed nice enough but i dont get why they needed 3 electric guitars, a bass and a physco drummer.. they were LOUD to say the least and i kind of had to cover my ears cos it was hurting, ( i wish i had plugs) but i still liked them.

then the couch came on.. and the lamp.. everyone was getting excited. then that awesome intro thing and then MIKA!

I screamed and screamed and screamed. Even now I can't believe it was real. He came so close to us so many times (but i noticed he doesnt touch the crowds hands like many other performers. Smart move, I've seen singers been pulled into the crowd before.) He laughed and smiled so much, and freaking hell, the enmore was LOUD! during one foot boy he rubbed this cardboard one foot boy thing between his legs (haha) and at the end of billy brown he sung 'you broke my heart, oh billy brown.' does he normally sing that? I hadn't heard it before.

His band were earing the awesomest clothes, and they had glow in the dark facepaint on - oh and Mikas shoes glowed! it was increds. I jumped and jumped and jumped ( i lost my MFC badge and broke my flashing heart and dropped my camera, lol). we all started screaming 'WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE' after love today, because he sang it then according to the american setlists. and we were right, he was grinning. It was AMAZING how loud the WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN, WE ARE GOLDEN! screaming was from the crowd. it completely drowned out Mika and his band. I think because Mika performed that song on idol, everyone knew it.. hearing everyone scream was amazing. Mika was grinning so much, it made me happy.

The flag got thrown onstage, and mika took it off with him. When I talked to his mum afterwards (god she is such a lovely woman) she said she'd packed it into his bag. its a pity i won't get it back, but its nice that mika has it. also the whole MFC signed it except for me ( i forgot to) so its signed by everyone but the person who made it, lol.

Afterwards, i was completely shot, we waited for the crowd to drain out and we retrieved our belongings.. everything becomes a blur after that until the moment i met Mika.

The meet and greet was crowded, there had to be more than 50 people all wandering around the room. There was no photography allowed. Mika came in after a while and began signing things. Me and E.J decided to hang back, and let others have a turn. But after about 10 minutes, Mika suddenly turned around and said to John 'I'm tired, I want to go home.' Then the crowd was told to get out of the way and Mika started walking towards the door. I was thinking 'no.. no.. i have to give him this present' and i just walked up right behind him and went 'Mika' and (i think it was S&M?) was right by me and she said 'Mika, this girl has come all the way from New Zealand to see you, can you talk to her for a moment?"

So Mika turned around and looked like he was gonna walk away any second so i spoke very fast. I held out the painting and he took it and looked like he was about to sign it so i was like 'no, mika, its a painting for you, its about how all your songs have sad messages put to a happy tune .. i came all the way from New Zealand to give this to you, i painted it nearly two years ago and i really wanted to you to have it.' Then Mika suddenly smiled at me and put his hand on my shoulder and said 'thankyou' and i said ' i really hope you come to New Zealand one day' and he said ' thankyou, i will' and turned around and was gone. The whole thing took less than 10 seconds and i was standing there, completely shaken..

I talked to some MFCers and then I had to go back to my motel. When i ot back i went into the bathroom and cried and cried into a towel so i didn't bother anyone.. Meeting Mika was the most bittersweet thing in my whole life. It came so close that he went out the door without me being able to see him, and the time i spoke to him was so breif i didnt get a hold on what was really happening, i just waned to explain to him before he turned aorund and went.. it was bittersweet because I've looked foward to that moment for the last 3 years, and i know it will be at least another whole year before I can see Mika again. I'm back to square one and will have to work so very hard to save enough to come back to australia next year, especially aorund my very hard final two years at school. But I will do it. I just hope it isnt more than one year.. that will kill me.

I felt bad that several MFCers didn;t get to meet Mika at all, but that meet and greet was ridiculous.. there was so many people, but it was to be expected because mika hasnt been to australia for so long.

I didn't get anything signed, because Mika has already given me so much i don;t want to ask anything more from him. I just wanted to give him that painting (and there was a letter taped to the inside of the canvas but i didnt tell him that, so i hope maybe one day he finds it.)

Now I can tell you i'm hooked. I'll be going to see Mika for the rest of my life.

Oooh :wub2: Thanks for your lovely report :huglove:

They did that in Amsterdam last summer, and I was very happy they did. Otherwise I would never have been able to exchange my three words with Mika.

Thanks for all the lovely reports, I enjoy reading them :wub2:

Racinghorse, soangel, oakie dokie (who else did I miss? Choo was it?)

I am super duper happy that you've all turned into uber fangurls! :roftl:

Thanks for sharing! Loved reading every bit of detail. Awesome! Fab!

:clap:

Yeah, as everyone said, it was a really cool night. I particularly thought Orianthi was awesome! She sang Michael Jackson's 'Give In To Me' and spoke a bit about meeting him etc.

As for Mika, the show rocked! The "Big Girls" also did an amazing job!

Afterwards, the meet and greet was good. It was cool to be there with the band, and his mum, but Mika himself only came out for 10 minutes or so to sign autographs and then he left. Personally, I got a cd signed, but I didnt really get to say a word to him. His mum was cool though, and a few of us spoke to her for a bit.

I'm sure everyone's looking forward to his next Australian tour :thumb_yello:

Yeah, as everyone said, it was a really cool night. I particularly thought Orianthi was awesome! She sang Michael Jackson's 'Give In To Me' and spoke a bit about meeting him etc.

As for Mika, the show rocked! The "Big Girls" also did an amazing job!

Afterwards, the meet and greet was good. It was cool to be there with the band, and his mum, but Mika himself only came out for 10 minutes or so to sign autographs and then he left. Personally, I got a cd signed, but I didnt really get to say a word to him. His mum was cool though, and a few of us spoke to her for a bit.

I'm sure everyone's looking forward to his next Australian tour :thumb_yello:

I loved his mum!

I just wish she didnt give us false hope when she said Mika would be coming back up soon because she was going back to the hotel with him.

Loved it when we got Suzan to share all the arabic words/sentences she knew to his mum haha

I loved his mum!

I just wish she didnt give us false hope when she said Mika would be coming back up soon because she was going back to the hotel with him.

Loved it when we got Suzan to share all the arabic words/sentences she knew to his mum haha

Hey Fay!

Ah, so what happened after I left? Did you guys stay long? And, what, you never saw him leave?

As for Suzan, I think his mum loved it when she said "I love Mika" in Arabic. His mum was so cool, and really friendly. I think she kinda felt bad that Mika didnt stay around for long, but in fairness he'd been there all day and so would have been exhausted (not to mention the international flight today).

Hey Fay!

Ah, so what happened after I left? Did you guys stay long? And, what, you never saw him leave?

As for Suzan, I think his mum loved it when she said "I love Mika" in Arabic. His mum was so cool, and really friendly. I think she kinda felt bad that Mika didnt stay around for long, but in fairness he'd been there all day and so would have been exhausted (not to mention the international flight today).

I think we stayed for half an hour more.

No we saw him leave but we were speaking to his mum about waiting hours to meet him on Monday and how we didn't get a chance that night and she said he's going to come back upstairs. I don't think she realised he had actually left. Doesn't matter, still a great night!

I talked to some MFCers and then I had to go back to my motel. When i ot back i went into the bathroom and cried and cried into a towel so i didn't bother anyone.. Meeting Mika was the most bittersweet thing in my whole life. It came so close that he went out the door without me being able to see him, and the time i spoke to him was so breif i didnt get a hold on what was really happening, i just waned to explain to him before he turned aorund and went.. it was bittersweet because I've looked foward to that moment for the last 3 years, and i know it will be at least another whole year before I can see Mika again. I'm back to square one and will have to work so very hard to save enough to come back to australia next year, especially aorund my very hard final two years at school. But I will do it. I just hope it isnt more than one year.. that will kill me.

ahhhhhh!! such a nice report! :huglove:

do you remember when we had a long conversation? you said you'd never meet mika??? :aah: