REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, from memory it was Blame It On The Girls. I was with Fai when he took the sign from her, because it says 'Blame It On The Boys'. He probably held the sign for about a minute.

We posted practically the same thing, but you beat me!

So.... I guess I need to do my proper report, huh?

Part 1

First, let me just say that this gig was a really big deal to me. Like, really big. I haven't gone anywhere or done anything that's been just for me and on such a scale since...... January 2004. How sad is that, that I can pinpoint it? Anyway, moving on with the story....

The sky was overcast and grey when my husband and I set out on the drive to Goulburn to meet Sweet Knees, who I was then going to drive up to Sydney with. Three minutes later, I looked at hubby and said "Pillow!"

Five minutes later, the sky was still overcast and grey when we set out for Goulburn the second time, with me feeling extremely foolish and nervous.

A quick stop at Goulburn Maccas after meeting SK and her children, goodbye to hubby, then load into the car and off to Sydney! :boing:

SK had bought the Orianthi CD as she felt that she wouldn't be able to enjoy her as the support act as much if she wasn't familiar with any of her music. So we listened to that for a little while, but then had to switch over to Mika, of course. Sadler Wells CD first, for me, who'd not heard it before, then TBWKTM, which got us all the way to SK's mum's house. Did I mention the excited chatter that accompanied us all the way to Sydney? And I'm not talking about the kids. SK and I had never met before and there was every possibility that we wouldn't actually get along, but thankfully that turned out to be very far from the fact of the matter.

So, once at SK's mum's house, we dropped off her kids, picked up her brother and headed off to catch the train into the city. Considering this was Sydney, where an eclectic crowd is the norm, we still managed to attract attention due to SK's brother's top hat and tails!

Apart from having to suddenly bolt up the stairs and over to get to a different platform to get our train (with me feeling like a pillock with all my luggage and especially my pillow), we made it into Central with no hitches and I was grateful to be with people who knew Sydney. Well, kind of. SK's brother knew Sydney better than she did and I just tagged along after them.

The hostel was just as Mouselle had described it in her post the day before in the accomodation thread. Incredibly basic, but it didn't matter. I was on an adventure, and this was just part of the adventure. Thankfully, she had posted though and I knew to bring my own pillow and towel.:naughty:

After a quick trip to Market City for some food (I hadn't eaten all day due to nerves/excitement) and then ducking up to see Kelz and the gang in their posh hotel room, it was back to the hostel to change for karaoke.

I can post the setlist pic now that the posting pictures function on MFC seems to have erm, cough cough, magically fixed itself...:blush-anim-cl:

DSC00543.jpg

I scored this after the M&G after tense negotiations and massive compromises made (ie, yeah, whatever, I just have to get the kid home....)

After a quick trip to Market City for some food (I hadn't eaten all day due to nerves/excitement) and then ducking up to see Kelz and the gang in their posh hotel room, it was back to the hostel to change for karaoke.

"I'm Chickadee"

"What?"

"I'm Chickadee"

"Huh??"

"I'm Chickadee"

"OMGWHATYOURECHICKADEEOMG" :mf_lustslow:

Oh yeah and I was a bit anti social in the posh hotel room, since I was wrapping hks presents in ribbon and had tuned out to focus on that :naughty:

But I didn't mean to be and I was much more social when I had finished (soangel), and at karaoke and the line.

I loved karaoke..once we worked out how to use the remote ....I always love karaoke,

Part 2

The plan was that we would all walk up to the karaoke place, stopping off at the nearby Maccas on the way for dinner. I'd taken my netbook with me, hoping to be able to take advantage of the free Wifi that McDonald's offers, and hoping to be able to do some tweeting.... Um, yeah, about that.

I had such a slow connection, I had to give up. I got one msg out. Oh well, I tried.

On the journey to the karaoke place, Mouselle got a phone call from Rosina asking to be rescued from the bowels of Central station. The rest of us continued on, with nervous anticipation. OK, so maybe it was only me who had nervous anticipation, I shouldn't speak for the rest of them, but I was definitely looking forward to the karaoke, but nervous about meeting a whole bunch of people I didn't know.

Hmmmm, dark and dingy would be my description of the karaoke place. And cramped. They had a 20 person max limit, and you could definitely see why. With 18, we still had people on the floor at times. And it was soooo hot. No aircon. But after a tentative start, the room started rocking as most people joined in with the songs they knew, whether they had the microphone or not.

There was Mouselle, Annie, Jericho, DC, SoAngel, S&M, nico_collard, Racinghorse, SK and her brother, Tanya, OKD, demonkissangel and her boyfriend, Jodi and her cousin (who's now a member here. *waves at italianprincess*) and Rosina. Oh and me. Have I mentioned how hot it was? Phew!

Another late night Maccas stop followed, with me having a very slow connection with my netbook again and giving up in disgust after getting out one tweet (again), and then we set off for the hostel, encountering some Bollywood thing being filmed on a street corner in the city (but have no idea what it was), lots and lots of chat, and then a relatively early night at 1:30pm.

I handed out ear plugs to those who might want them (because I'd warned everyone about my snoring:blush-anim-cl:) and turned my phone off on purpose so that the alarm wouldn't wake me too early...

Part 3.

I was up at 5:30am:sneaky2: Sunlight (no curtain at the window), coupled with street noise, coupled with an overactive brain, coupled with my body demanding a pit stop made it impossible to sleep beyond that. Did I sleep? Apparently I did, as I was told that I snored (but gently apparently:blush-anim-cl:). But it sure didn't feel like it.

But there was no way I could stay in bed anyway. Today was the day!!! I got onto the MFC (courtesy of the free internet at the hostel, which miraculously had an unoccupied computer), found that Blue Sky had done that great Mika in Aus in November front page thread, and found Olivia's interview. Sooo cute. Tried to go back to bed at 7:00am, but it was a lost cause. Eventually, SK and I were ready to go out and hunt down some breakfast, but the morning seemed to stretch endlessly on before us, and so we did a little browsing in some dress shops on the way back to the hostel.

Can I just say that on this whole trip, my appetite was severely disturbed? I am a big girl. I eat a lot. Usually. But every time SK said "Aren't you hungry?" I would be like "hmmm, no". I drank a lot (of fluids, not alcohol), and I did indulge in some chocolate but I just didn't seem to want to eat. Maybe it's because a lot of it was take away, and I can only handle so much take away. *shrugs*

We went back to the dorm room, and heard the exciting news that it looked like we were definitely going to have a meet and greet, and that Tegan was trying to finalise the details.

We were pretty much dressed and ready to go already, but Tegan asked us if we could collect Nick from the train station, as she had been going to but really needed to get to the Enmore and touch base with John in person.

So SK and I hung around at the hostel, adding extra touches of glitter and whimsy to our outfits, and basically getting more and more excited. And more and more worried, as it became apparent that we had no way of contacting Nick should we happen to miss him at the train station, plus we weren't entirely sure that he had the details for the hostel. I was on MFC frantically trying to get a mobile phone number for him (Thankyou sarac for your assistance with this) and then we were off. We'd been told his plane was landing at 3:00pm. It's not that many stops from the airport to Central by train, but we figured by the time he collected his luggage etc, it would be about 3:30pm by the time he got there. Which is when we got there. SK had seen a pic of him on Facebook that Tegan had showed her, but I had no clue what he looked like, so we were just trusting our luck that we would find him.

Never trust luck. She cheats.

After hanging around at Central for half an hour, SK went back to the hostel to see if we'd missed Nick and he'd managed to find his way there, and I stayed at Central looking for a stranger I couldn't possibly recognise. I don't what I thought would happen. I think there was a part of me that thought I would just be able to recognise a fellow MFC'er out of a crowd. Or that he might see two slightly bizzarely dressed women and pick us as MFC'ers. Well, that didn't happen. And the phone number I'd been given kept telling me that "Blah blah is not available", but it was a woman's name they were telling me. Eventually she answered her phone and was most definitely not Nick, and what's more, she wasn't even in Australia. I was ringing some woman in America!

SK returned to the station after failing to encounter Nick either at the hostel or at any point on the journey (she asked a few random people who looked like they might have fit the bill apparently), and we called Tegan to ask what we should do.

She said that the queue was starting to build up, and we'd done what we could etc etc and just to come to the Enmore. I was feeling incredibly guilty at the idea of abandoning someone who we were supposed to meet, particularly someone from another country, but we decided that plenty of backpackers found their way around Sydney without our help, and that he probably would as well. We hoped.

So we grabbed our tickets and headed up to catch our train to the Enmore..... :woot_jump: As Russell Brand would say " 'Citing!"

Part 4

The queue. Well, I don't know if there is much to say about the queue that hasn't already been covered. I got to put even more faces to names, which was great, shared around my glitter body gel to all and sundry till it was all used up and marvelled over things like how tall OKD is.:naughty: Oh and SK's brother very kindly bought us a pizza to eat in the queue:wub2: We hadn't asked or anything. KezC decorated my face with some of her stars, I got a glowstick for my wrist and we tried to learn the WAG dance.

I was surprised by how quickly the time went. The only time it really seemed to drag was once it got past 7:00pm and the doors hadn't opened like we'd been under the impression they would, and then the seconds just seemed to crawl.

But, not too long after 7 really, the doors opened and we got to go in.

Oh, funny side note here.... There had been this security guard who made his way down the queue telling all of us "Make sure you hold onto you ticket. If you need to come out for a smoke or something, you'll need your ticket and the pass out, to get back in." We all nodded. A few seconds later Tegan came down the queue saying the same thing and we all went "He just told us."

Then we get through the door, and instead of the perforated part of the ticket being torn off and the rest given back to us, the guy was taking the whole ticket. And I'm like "But... what if I need to go out? How will I get back in?" "Oh, you'll get a pass out." And I'm like (in my brain) "WTF? Why did that security guy tell us to hold on to our tickets then? They both work for the same place. Surely they would both have the same information about what was needed... " and then I decided that since I don't smoke, it really wasn't an issue, and I just moved on.

It was so weird to be able to flow (not run, oh no, we were warned not to run) into that empty space and see that there were still plenty of places at the front. I went to the middle and stood just at racinghorse's shoulder and she tried to move over to let me in, but someone tall next to her (can't remember who) got pushed from the other side and there was suddenly no space there. Then mireille and mouselle (I think it was them) called from a bit further along that there was still space near them right against the barricade and so I moved down there and ended up standing between SK and mouselle's son Jericho. He's very tall, but even I felt tall, cos there was this little ledge thing right at the barricade that the front row could stand on, and there were fairly short people standing behind me.

Orianthi came on, and all I could think was "Thank God I've got my earplugs!" It was LOUD. Some of it was OK (usually when there was only her playing and therefore it was less loud) and she seems to be quite talented, but it really wasn't my kind of thing. I did appreciate her silvery sparkly eyeshadow though, which I got to see a lot of, since she closed her eyes a lot whilst playing the guitar. I did wonder how much of that was just getting lost in the music and how much was "performance". And her vocals were too quiet compared to all the guitar (I thought it was the ear plugs at first but I tried listening without them and found the same), but as I said, it was OK.

She related a story about auditioning for MJ which was quite fascinating and then dedicated a song to him, which I thought was lovely.

And then they'd finished and it was time for the crew to clear the stage for Mika. I had thought that that would be the time when I would be the most bored and impatient. I don't know why it never occurred to me that the break between artists is not simply to leave the audience stewing but so the stage can be cleared off and reset with the subsequent acts stuff. And so that was quite fascinating to watch. I couldn't believe how many speakers were removed from the front of the stage after Orianthi. I guess I presumed that they would be staying, that they would be needed, and I was mentally preparing myself for the fact that Mika would be very loud, but I would have my ear plugs in and protect my ears, but miss out on everything that was above a certain mHz frequency of sound. With Orianthi, I mostly heard the bass and drums, while a lot of the guitar and vocals got blocked out. And I was getting disappointed at how much I would miss out on, soundwise. So I was very happy/relieved to see them go.

Jericho very graciously stepped back to let three young girls (ages 10-12) stand in his place at the front barrier, and so I was suddenly worried about treading on them if I got too excited.

Then the pieces started being brought out for the beginning of the show. I knew what they represented and was therefore excited, but I'm pretty sure most of the rest of the crowd wouldn't have had a clue, but they still cheered loudly for each piece.

And then the lights went down.....

Edited by chickadee
I got Jodi and KezC mixed up in my head. Sorry guys.

Part 5.

And the couch on the front of the stage was lit up and we had the little "play" that sets up the beginning of the show. I was quite impressed with the band, they did it well.

And then Mika came out and the place exploded in cheers. And we were away.

Opening song was Relax. I do like it as a song and I did enjoy it, but I couldn't seem to let go.

BG came on featuring our fabulous dancers (they got their own extra special cheer), then SITM during which Jimmy and Martin had a bit of "guitar showdown" in the middle of the stage and Jimmy fell on his bum. He bounced right back up again and carried on as if nothing had happened but iMMa was right in front of where I was standing and I could see her killing herself laughing. Then was Dr John.

Now this whole time I'd been very conscious. Super conscious of various things. And I was aware that I was waaaaaay overthinking things. I was like a baby learning to walk, who looks up at their parent and wants to trust that everything will be OK, but secretly is afraid to let go for fear of falling.

One of my problems was a security guard who was near us who we'd spoken to earlier and who'd told Jericho that he wasn't allowed to video anything but still shots were allowed. I'd called him back and said that we were friends with the Big Girls and just wanted to film their dancing and he'd said no, it wasn't allowed, it was a decision of the venue and a lot of artists didn't like people filming anyway and that if he caught Jericho filming he would take the camera out or kick him out (I can't remember exactly which one he said), and I said "So, if you catch us? Then don't look at us during that song!" And Jericho was trying to film the beginning of Big Girl when this guy came over and told him off.

So I was really super conscious of him watching us and I felt conspicuous. Another thing was, once Jericho moved back and the young girls were next to me I was really worried that I might stab someone in the eye with this fibre optic hair accessory I was wearing. So, after the first four songs, I ripped it out of my hair.

And then Touches You started, and I began to relax and just thoroughly enjoy the show. I really do love that song.

I was surprised that everybody sang along with PUOTF. I'd thought that maybe it would be less well known. But it was great. And it was impossible to not sing along. I know that part of me just wanted to hear Mika, but I couldn't help myself, and apparently neither could anyone else and I could still hear him anyway.

OFB and BIOTG, where Mika did his suggestive dancing with the poster "boy". iMMa was fiddling with Jimmy's earpiece right in front of me and they were both laughing and you could just see that they get along so well together. I think they are great additions to the band.

Happy Ending.... OMG. This is one of the songs I'd kind of gotten over on LICM and couldn't understand why everyone carried on about this so much at his gigs. It was bloody fantastic. There were these two high notes that were just absolutely perfect and he really gave everything on those notes and I started to get teary and was very shocked at myself. This is also the song where he thumped his chest and then mocked himself afterwards for doing it.

Other people have already commented on the fact that there was a slight change of words at the end of Billy Brown, but the other thing I'd written down was that there was some filming behind him. I think what I meant was that the large screen at the back of the stage where we viewed the footage with Sir Ian McKellan must have had something playing on it, but I honestly don't remember what it was.

I noticed in I See You that he was touching his throat a bit. That worried me, and I was afraid that he'd given too much on those perfect high notes in HE, but thankfully this was the only song I saw him do this in.

We had the storm sequence at the beginning of Rain and all the confetti came down, which I wasn't sure if we'd have. The other thing about this song, was that Mika had a mask on his head at the beginning of the song. It was kind of long, like an African tribal mask, except that it had the flourescent paint on it that showed up in the darklight.

Then LT which was just great and Mika did this tricky little dance thing near the end of the song that coincided with the beat. He was crossing his ankles and then uncrossing like you do at the beginning of "Nutbush" if anyone knows which dance I mean.

WAG was just epic. Soooooooo loud from the crowd and he seemed to be amused by the attempt by the centrestage MFC'ers to replicate the dancers on Idol, with the whole shouting bit.

Then after leaving and returning in a change of costume, we had the encore. Toyboy first, then GK during which he butted iMMa with his head gently as he danced past her (not sure if it was accidental or on purpose) and also during which he took a skid on a cord but didn't fall. And lastly, Lollipop, with the trash cans and balloons. iMMa managed to pop one of the balloons trying to kick it off the stage and she also managed to hit me in the head with one LOL.

Then it was truly over and it was time to recover our wits and make our way out of the theatre part.

But before that happened, we were surprised by an American voice behind us. It was Nick!! Turns out his plane had got in at 2:00pm not 3:00pm, so no wonder we missed him. He'd managed to find his own way to the hostel, but then they wouldn't let him in for some reason. He kept trying to tell them that he was in with Tegan and me, but they must have been waiting to hear Mouselle's name as that was who'd booked the room. So he'd gone somewhere else and dumped his gear and then walked from the city to the Enmore! I was just so relieved to hear that he'd made it and that he hadn't missed the show, and that we'd finally caught up with each other. The reason I couldn't get through to him on the phone was cos he'd cancelled his service prior to coming over here, cos he was going to be here for an extended stay, not just for the gig.

Anyway, alls well that ends well....

So.... I guess I need to do my proper report, huh?

Part 1

First, let me just say that this gig was a really big deal to me.......

Part 2

The plan was that we would all walk up to the karaoke place, ......

Part 3.

I was up at 5:30am:......

Part 4

The queue......

Part 5.

And the couch on the front of the stage was lit up and we had the little "play" that sets up the beginning of the show....... I was quite impressed with the band, they did it well.

And then Mika came out and the place exploded in cheers. And we were away.

WAG was just epic. Soooooooo loud from the crowd and he seemed to be amused by the attempt by the centrestage MFC'ers to replicate the dancers on Idol, with the whole shouting bit.

Thank you so much chickadee!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Reading your very detailed report was like being there.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Between your report, other reports, the vids & photos I have seen - it all looks amazing!

I am so happy for all of you who got to enjoy this Mika Event!

Finally in Sydney, DH and Kids all looked after, I was very very excited.

Then to hear that there was good chance we would get a meet and greet after the gig, I somehow found a way to be even more :biggrin2:.

I wanted to queue from as early as possible (with a little bit of sensible in there), but Tegan asked Chickadee and I to meet Hi_Nick at Central Station (I think Chickadee has covered that though)

We arrived at the venue and the queue was pretty long, I felt bad not joining the back of the whole queue, but not for long, and I wriggled into a gap near the back of the MFCers.

I too caught a glimpse of the white T-shirt through the glass doors, I was beside myself with anticipation. I was too late to get one of the drinks from Mika but my brother brought us pizza in the queue.

Inside the theatre, I got a spot in the front row, to the right of the stage. Orianthi’s gear was everywhere, but when she finished and they set up for Mika, I was overjoyed when they placed his piano directly in front of where I was standing!!!!! All I could think was – will Mika be right there singing Stuck in the Middle? – AND HE WAS!!!!! (see my photos back on page 5 or 6 or so) So for me, the spot I got was PERFECT!!!!!

Mika looked so happy up on stage, he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face, I actually wondered for a little bit if it was making it hard to sing he was smiling so much.

My brother stood back, in more of a clearing ‘like a gentleman’ he even went and bought water for a stranger who staggered back there and collapsed in a heap.

At the meet after, my brother bonded with Jimmy, they are head-size twins, and my brother’s custom made (in largest possible size) akubra top hat fit him perfecty!

I loved the meet, it was in the Enmore’s bar, and everyone was there, it was so relaxed and friendly, I managed to talk to Mika and he to signed a nice jumping photo of himself for me :D

My throat still feels scratchy from screaming and my palms feel brused from clapping. It was totally amazing!

Part 6

We got shooed out of the theatre into the bar area, but I didn't realise that that was where the M&G was actually going to be held. I was just so grateful to be able to go and buy a coke as I was soooooo hot and thirsty. I know I didn't jump throughout the whole thing, but I did bounce for a lot of it, and if I wasn't bouncing, I was jigging, and if I wasn't jigging, I was swaying. The only times I was standing perfectly still were when I was trying to write down the song titles in order of how he played them.

We all kind of milled around for a while and tried to catch up with those we hadn't seen in the queue etc etc and then it suddenly dawned on me that Cherisse and iMMa were there mingling with the crowd and chatting to people. I also noticed that David and Jimmy were sitting over in a corner booth chatting with some people. I got to talk to iMMa, she's so lovely. I told her she hit me with the balloon, and I told her I follow her on twitter and I have no idea what the rest of the conversation was about. I did ask her why she and Cherisse were over here pressing the flesh and why the guys were over in the corner having a drink and she said they were shy. When I expressed disbelief, she commented that there are so few of them and so many of us and it can be a bit daunting. So I decided I would go over and say hello to these "shy boys". It didn't occur to me till much later that perhaps she was trying to give them an excuse to keep their privacy, but, crass Aussie that I am, I would have expected her to just tell me that straight out if that was the case.

I encountered Jimmy first, who'd just got up from the table, and all I was going to say was Hi, but it came out that I follow him on twitter and he said "Sorry" and I said "No need to be sorry, you don't know me from a bar of soap" and he laughed and said "No, I meant I'm sorry for my tweets" which had us both laughing. I went and said hello to David over at the table and he seemed quite startled to see me, almost like he'd forgotten there were other people in the room. But he was friendly and sweet and said that they were looking forward to coming back to Aus and doing more of the country. I told him he needed to come to the capital and he said "I'd love to come to Canberra".

Can I also comment on how astonishingly good looking everyone is? I know you see them in pictures and yes, they are attractive, but I couldn't get over how attractive they are in the flesh.

Mika entered the room while I was talking to David and he had to say to me "Um, you know Mika's just walked in". LOL! And then all of a sudden I was shy about the thought of meeting Mika. I'd decided that I didn't want anything signed and I definitely didn't want a picture (I would have had to cut myself out of it), and was thinking about maybe asking for a hug, but wasn't really sure I'd get one, and so it was like I had nothing to say and no reason to meet him.

Never mind all the questions I've ever wanted to ask him or wanting to say Thankyou for the gig or even just Hello. I'd ended up standing near Mouselle by this stage and I knew she had a picture she wanted to get signed so I waved him over to her and said "There's someone you need to see" and then stood behind him while he signed her pic. I remember admiring how slender his wrist was while he was writing, but then I heard him say to John "I'm tired" and I skedaddled. I felt foolish later, and I realised I might have come across as rude or bossy, so I spoke to his mum later and apologised to her.

I saw Martin at a distance, but didn't get to say hello. And I passed by Cherisse at one stage and muttered to myself "So I am taller than her" and she heard me and turned and said "Yes, you are" and then kept going.

It was kind of weird in some ways, and not how I expected it to go at all, but there you have it.

And so I'm no longer a Mika virgin, about which I am very glad, and look forward to this not being a one night stand, but a series of liaisons spanning the course of years:teehee::naughty:

I'm reading every word Chickadee and looking forward to the rest. Thanks for sharing!

You too Sweet Knees.

I've heard so much vivid detail about this gig now I am starting to visualize it as if I was there. :naughty:

EDIT: oops see you just finished. Will go and read the end :biggrin2:

Loving these reports.:wub2:

I have been jumping round so many Asian threads updating this and that, I have neglected to put up some of the links on here.

If anyone finds that your reports aren't linked on the first post, you could help me by PMing me all the links to your reports or photos etc, and I can then put them up. kaythx.

I was really worried that I might stab someone in the eye with this fibre optic hair accessory I was wearing.

:lmao:

I spat my biscuit on the computer with that comment chickadee.

yeah me neither but it came from Cherisse so it must be true lol :wub2:

Interesting... well we better keep an eye out for that...

YAY!!!:thumb_yello:

I was really pleased to see that, nice one Teegs:wink2:

I was lucky to get him for a while, he was pretty quick with a lot of other people...

Considering this was Sydney, where an eclectic crowd is the norm, we still managed to attract attention due to SK's brother's top hat and tails!

I was very surprised when a man walked into our room with a top hat on... and even more surprised when I was told he wore it to work every day!

I can post the setlist pic now that the posting pictures function on MFC seems to have erm, cough cough, magically fixed itself...:blush-anim-cl:

DSC00543.jpg

I scored this after the M&G after tense negotiations and massive compromises made (ie, yeah, whatever, I just have to get the kid home....)

Nice work!

And I defo missed Stuck in the Middle... bugger.

"I'm Chickadee"

"What?"

"I'm Chickadee"

"Huh??"

"I'm Chickadee"

:lmfao:

I loved karaoke..once we worked out how to use the remote ....I always love karaoke,

We seriously needed english instructions on that thing!

We went back to the dorm room, and heard the exciting news that it looked like we were definitely going to have a meet and greet, and that Tegan was trying to finalise the details.

We were pretty much dressed and ready to go already, but Tegan asked us if we could collect Nick from the train station, as she had been going to but really needed to get to the Enmore and touch base with John in person.

She said that the queue was starting to build up, and we'd done what we could etc etc and just to come to the Enmore.

Thank you sooo much for doing that for me... I really appreciated that!

Oh and SK's brother very kindly bought us a pizza to eat in the queue:wub2:

Oh, funny side note here.... There had been this security guard who made his way down the queue telling all of us "Make sure you hold onto you ticket. If you need to come out for a smoke or something, you'll need your ticket and the pass out, to get back in." We all nodded. A few seconds later Tegan came down the queue saying the same thing and we all went "He just told us."

And I stole 2 pieces that no-one wanted :naughty:

I thought I'd better do the right thing and tell everyone...

BG came on featuring our fabulous dancers (they got their own extra special cheer), then SITM during which Jimmy and Martin had a bit of "guitar showdown" in the middle of the stage and Jimmy fell on his bum. He bounced right back up again and carried on as if nothing had happened but iMMa was right in front of where I was standing and I could see her killing herself laughing.

I'd called him back and said that we were friends with the Big Girls and just wanted to film their dancing and he'd said no, it wasn't allowed, it was a decision of the venue and a lot of artists didn't like people filming anyway and that if he caught Jericho filming he would take the camera out or kick him out (I can't remember exactly which one he said), and I said "So, if you catch us? Then don't look at us during that song!" And Jericho was trying to film the beginning of Big Girl when this guy came over and told him off.

But before that happened, we were surprised by an American voice behind us. It was Nick!!

Damn! I was wondering when he fell over cause I missed seeing him fall over and had seen a tweet about the band laughing at him...

Bloody security guards!

I got so excited when I saw Nick, I grabbed him and hugged him!

At the meet after, my brother bonded with Jimmy, they are head-size twins, and my brother’s custom made (in largest possible size) akubra top hat fit him perfecty!

:naughty:

Jimmy must have a lot of brains too!

When I expressed disbelief, she commented that there are so few of them and so many of us and it can be a bit daunting. So I decided I would go over and say hello to these "shy boys". It didn't occur to me till much later that perhaps she was trying to give them an excuse to keep their privacy, but, crass Aussie that I am, I would have expected her to just tell me that straight out if that was the case.

Can I also comment on how astonishingly good looking everyone is? I know you see them in pictures and yes, they are attractive, but I couldn't get over how attractive they are in the flesh.

They seemed to mix a bit more with people when there were less of us around... Well, Martin and Jimmy did anyways! I think David sat back a fair bit..

And yes you can! To borrow a line from Zoolander, they are really really really ridiculously good looking! :das:

Thanks for the nice comments folks. I'm pleased you enjoyed my loooooong report:naughty:

"I'm Chickadee"

"What?"

"I'm Chickadee"

"Huh??"

"I'm Chickadee"

Just curious... Who was this? Bec or Bianca? Cos I thought that happened with Bianca, but the next quote made it look like Bec was writing, so I'm confuzzled.

And so I'm no longer a Mika virgin, about which I am very glad, and look forward to this not being a one night stand, but a series of liaisons spanning the course of years:teehee::naughty:

LMAOOO!!!!!! Our Mika virginities have been broken!! :P

Better hope it wanst just a one night stand :aah: