Blue Sky

pics here....

zoaqo3.jpg

From Flickr:

4131013708_c0f377b73d.jpg

Mika & the set look fabulous!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The few reports are super.:thumb_yello:

I can't wait see & hear more.

I am so happy for you Australians & New Zealanders who have waited so long for this opportunity.:thumb_yello:

You have read & participated in everybody else's joy of their Mika performances & experiences & now it is your turn with more to come in 2010.

Bravo!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm baaack! lol

Gig was awesome! For my first concert, the bar's been set pretty high!

Deciding whether or not I'm too tired to type a report...

YAY!

First one home!

So glad you had an amazing time, and write the report when you can:wink2:

omg it was the best day of my life

thank you so much to all the mfc'ers for being so helpful

thanks sooo much for the pass

i got to hug his beautiful body

oh man i cried so much it was all worth it

thanks soo much

this made my life so happy and smiley and thanks again :wub2::wub2::wub2:

I'm baaack! lol

thanks soo much

first reports are coming in! exciting! cant wait to read more.

thanks for posting the tweets and pics everyone:thumb_yello:

I'm baaack! lol

thanks soo much

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! you can just feel the excitment can't you...................even at this distance!

Yuppers! I can!:yay::woot_jump::woot_jump:

Good for you bonzaboy & mika_me!

Your joy jumps off of the screen!:thumb_yello:

I can't wait for some detailed reports!!

Hi guys.

I'm going to do a whole proper multi report a la Lollipop Monkey style (although nowhere near as good) but I just have to say that the gig was brilliant.

Orianthi was OK, but tbh, with three guitars and the bass player, it was just a wall of sound a lot of the time, and I was glad I'd taken ear plugs. She's a really good guitarist though, and she dedicated one song to Michael Jackson and that was quite a lovely song, with some amazing guitar work in it.

But Mika was just something else. I wrote the set list out as he played stuff cos I knew I'd forget the order.

Relax

Big Girl (featuring our fabulous MFC girls)

Stuck In The Middle

Dr John

Touches You

Pick Up Off The Floor

One Foot Boy

Blame It On The Girls

Happy Ending

Billy Brown

I See You

Rain

Love Today

We Are Golden

Encore:

Toyboy

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

OMFG NICO WAS A BIG GIRL???????? OMGGGGGGGGGG :boing::boing::woot_jump:

Yep, sure was! :biggrin2:

She was, and she looked stunning!

awwwww, thanks Rose!

thanks soo much

Awwwwwww! You and mika_cherry were so cute! I'm so glad you had a great time!

Lovely pictures!! :wub2:

Nico Collard got a hug from our Mika :wub2:

I did... :wub2:

I'm so incredibly happy, you can't wipe the smile on my face...

I haven't written the report out yet, but I think I need to let it all sink in and remember as much as possible before I write a report...

I'm so incredibly happy, you can't wipe the smile on my face...

I haven't written the report out yet, but I think I need to let it all sink in and remember as much as possible before I write a report...

So happy for you!!! Cant wait to read your report!!

Nope, two thirty, and it's still not too late (or early) to do some typing. Since I find it so methodical, and my Auntie has a nice keyboard...lol

From the top:

so I caught the train from Wollongong to Sydney at 11:46 (and was amazed that trains actually run perfectly on-time, unlike other modes of public transport.) It was quite a novelty, since we don't have a rail service for local transportation, just busses. Once I’d figured out where to purchase the ticket, and discovered that I'm not eligible for a student discount in NSW, since I’m from QLD, I boarded the train, and after allocating my gig ticket a seat, began to enjoy the ride, and contemplate the day ahead. I received countless texts from my somewhat overprotective Auntie, reminding me to eat my lunch, and not to talk to strangers, etc. I’d wasted half my credit replying to her before the journey was over! On the other hand, I sent one text to my family at home. I didn’t get a reply. lol

Many have said it before, and many will continue to say it in times to come, but it still didn’t feel real at that stage. It still doesn’t now. But the show (or gig report) must go on.

My train journey ended at Central Station, at which point I found the exit, and took a taxi to where Charlotte (racinghorse83) was staying. We then caught another taxi to the venue, where two (non MFC) girls were already in line. It had just gone 1pm. We asked, and they said that they’d arrived five minutes prior to us. Shortly after this, some of the others began to arrive. As the group became larger, security began to have a go at us for taking up more than half the footpath. I suggested that they make the footpaths bigger. =P

After this, a few of us went in search of a record store, so some could purchase the album. Apparently there was one close by the theatre, but we had no such luck. There actually was a record store close, but it was a) creepy, b) displayed rifles and c) didn’t have what we were looking for. We walked some more, and with the assistance of Google maps, found a shopping centre with a Sanity store. Unfortunately they were all out of the type of sanity we needed, but they did stock the CD. =]

By the time we’d returned to the group, and hour had passed, and apparently Mika had purchased drinks for those in line at the time. Soundcheck had commenced when we’d returned, and so we took turns peeking through the clear parts of the doors. We all signed the flag that Charlie had made for the gig.

After soundcheck, we decided to kill our time by devising a dance for the beginning of WAG, as a parody of the Australian Idol performance. I do believe the vast majority of us forgot it by the time we were inside, though. =P Tegan gave out passes to the meet and greet, and later, she, Rosina and two other girls were chosen as Big Girls. =]

Around seven thirty, they began to let us in. We were all mostly front row, and Charlie and I were front and centre. =] Some guy behind us spent almost the entire time pushing between Charlie and Bec (Soangel). He stopped when he’d made his way to the front. I had a few things to say to him… :sneaky2:

Support was good, but way loud! Orianthi really is a brilliant guitarist. I couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for her though. Not many people were really into her stuff, since they all appeared to be waiting for someone else to perform… :teehee:

After what seemed like forever (to my feet, anyway) out comes a couch. One of the photographers turned to us and asked if it was going to be there for the entire time. Lol

Everything went quite quickly from then. My badge kept coming unpinned and stabbing me in the chest every now and then, but that was about it for the bad stuff! Setlist appeared to be the same, or very similar to the North American tour. Security had a problem with people filming, but it didn’t stop too many. Didn’t affect me though, since my camera died before they started telling us off. Was quite an energetic, lifting feel to the gig (funny that…lol), and I really enjoyed it. Charlie threw her flag onto the stage during WAG, and he carried it off with him. Even though we didn’t get it back, she appeared to be quite pleased with that. =] I take back all comments I made about how cold it would be. It was cold to start with, but it heated up majorly inside.

After the show, we went to buy some merch, and then came back for our meet and greet. I’m not sure why, but I had it in my head that the meet and greet would be much smaller than it actually was. It felt like the entire venue was there, when in reality, there probably weren’t that many people after all…lol

Charlie and I stood back, took some photos with the band, and decided to let the others have their moment before us. However, this almost backfired on us, as Mika was making his way to the door, and Charlie still hadn’t given him her gift yet. So we made our way to the door, and she just got in to give her gift before he left. Unfortunately, the meet and greet didn’t involve either meeting or greeting for me, but I was happy that Charlie got her moment. As for me, there’ll always be a next time. =]

I took some videos and pics, but left my camera cord at home. So nothing in that sense from me for another week or so. Can’t wait to see others’ pics/vids/reports, though!

It is now seventeen minutes past three, and I have bruises all over my arms, skin off on my hip and am quite tired. This report is now longer than the vast majority of my school assignments (1054) words at the moment), so I think I’ll leave it there.

E.J, signing off. =]

Awwwwwww! You and mika_cherry were so cute! I'm so glad you had a great time!

:wub2: all thanks to you thanks again

i really didnt expect anything that big

like wooow

i got to hug him :teehee:

and sniff him

and the toy we gave him lol he was laughing at it so i told him to shut up and give me a hug and thats when i just grabbed him

:mf_lustslow:

lol aw so many memories

i cant sleep

its too good :aah:

Eeek!!! Tegan, I am so excited for you! :yay: From one BG to another, congrats and hugs. :huglove: I can't wait to read your full report. (BTW, which color corset did you wear?)

Thank you all for your reports so far. It sounded like a truly amazing night! Wonderful pics too. :wub2:

Edited by DaMango

Brilliant gig. So glad we all travelled from our various places to get here. Well worth the money.

Firstly, one of our fab5ers was a big girl. We're so proud of her and she looked great.

Orianthi was good. Some of us didnt like her but I (bec/soangel) enjoyed her.

Mika was frikking brilliant. There's not words. I feel like I burned off a weeks worth of food jumping, especially from rain, love today and wag.

We did a bit of aus idol shouting during wag and got a cheeky grin. Was going to do coordinated dance moves... but all we could do was jump which was fun still.

There were some rude people near us. I think I may have bruises from them trying to push between charlie (racinghorse) and me but enough about them... I'm focused on the positives.

Meet and greet had a lot of people, apart from us and Mika was a little crowded when he came in. We mfcers stuck back and waited. Some of us missed out on getting things signed by him or talking, but some of us will later report on their very special mika moments.

Despite not getting much Mika face time we all got to chat with all the band members. Their all so awesome. Cherisse was adorable, Jimmy is funny, Sunshine recognised us from front row, Imma was super friendly and Martin spoke to us for ages about how much he loves Australia and Sydney, and how his planning to move to Sydney in about 3 years time. It was a nice long convo, and he was so friendly

There's too much to write right now. Its super late and we've been talking together about it since the gig. We'll all be reporting as we can, some of us are sleeping, some will report when they get home, and some eager beevers tonight. For now we leave you with this: We all had a blast, can't wait for him to come again and are definately on a Mika high