REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA @ Enmore SYDNEY Nov 24 2009

Blue Sky

Charlie and I stood back, took some photos with the band, and decided to let the others have their moment before us. However, this almost backfired on us, as Mika was making his way to the door, and Charlie still hadn’t given him her gift yet. So we made our way to the door, and she just got in to give her gift before he left. Unfortunately, the meet and greet didn’t involve either meeting or greeting for me, but I was happy that Charlie got her moment. As for me, there’ll always be a next time. =]

I took some videos and pics, but left my camera cord at home. So nothing in that sense from me for another week or so. Can’t wait to see others’ pics/vids/reports, though!

It is now seventeen minutes past three, and I have bruises all over my arms, skin off on my hip and am quite tired. This report is now longer than the vast majority of my school assignments (1054) words at the moment), so I think I’ll leave it there.

E.J, signing off. =]

That is so selfless of you, to hang back and let others meet Mika. You will get your chance next time, I am sure of it! :thumb_yello: I'm sorry to hear that you came away from the experience with bumps and bruises. :boxed: I wish you the speediest of recoveries. Thank you so much for such a detailed and thorough report!

Rosina was a BG too??? Oh boy, I cannot wait to read her report! :biggrin2:

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic reports so far guys, Bonza, you say you scraped skin off your hip???:shocked: That sounds nasty!

And Martin moving to Sydney, in 3 years???:shocked:

Does that mean Mikas paying him too much?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Hope he'll still stay with him, would be sad for him not to be in the band.

Charlie and I stood back, took some photos with the band, and decided to let the others have their moment before us. However, this almost backfired on us, as Mika was making his way to the door, and Charlie still hadn’t given him her gift yet. So we made our way to the door, and she just got in to give her gift before he left. Unfortunately, the meet and greet didn’t involve either meeting or greeting for me, but I was happy that Charlie got her moment. As for me, there’ll always be a next time. =]

I stayed back and ended up missing out too...I wanted him to sign my jacket...but he was tired! understandable!

but I was fine with it I gave my gifts to manager and khayahs message with his mother because manager wouldnt take it!

i really hope he likes the books. according to his mom he keeps everything everyones ever gave him and he will do some kind of tour or layout thing for the public! like an art show of gifts!

ill comment about being bg later...its technically 8.30 in new zealand time! so im zonked!

:wub2:

i got to hug him :teehee:

"and sniff him"

I can't help but laugh mika_me - but - I think I would have done the same thing. Hahaha!:thumb_yello:

Thank you everybody for the reports & photos.

It sounds wonderful.

Greedy me - I know it is late/early there - can't wait for more!

I'm so incredibly happy, you can't wipe the smile on my face...

I haven't written the report out yet, but I think I need to let it all sink in and remember as much as possible before I write a report...

Oh, Tegan -- I am THRILLED for you! So glad you were a Big Girl, so

glad this went so well! :yay:

Can't wait, but will somewhat impatiently, to hear the details! :biggrin2:

It is now seventeen minutes past three, and I have bruises all over my arms, skin off on my hip and am quite tired. This report is now longer than the vast majority of my school assignments (1054) words at the moment), so I think I’ll leave it there.

E.J, signing off. =]

Thanks so much EJ! I appreciated all the reports, and your help last night!

:thumb_yello:

P.S. I'm in the hostel now and the computer has no javascript or something and it deletes all formatting when you post.Before I was all "yeah I'm gonna post tonight because blah blah I'll forget the details blah blah somethign something" but now it's 4.30 nd I just wanna go to beeeeeeed.Buuuuuut, I guess I'll start anyway. Hey, I think if I type the codes in it will format, let's give that a go, or this is about to become one veeeerrryyyy big paragraph.

Um. I don't know where to start. Okay, today, lets just say today. Me and Bec got up at 8.30, because she is incompetent at setting alarms. Then Tanya sat on a bench while we walked around looking for her. I went in the big dorm while looking for her, where they were playing One Foot Boy, which was then in my head for the rest of the day. But I only know "One foot boooy, one foot booo-ooo-oooy, one foot booooyooooy ..something something walking on my own" (Your really missing out if you haven't heard me singing this for an entire day, just incase you were wondering)

So then, um ... yeah I found Tanya on the bench, and we had quiet breakfast, and very very eventually made it out the door to go to Newtown to have lunch. After arguing with train-man about concessions we got on our train to Newtown, aaand then we went to the venue to have a look, and EJ and Charlie were there trying to set up Charlie's flag, as well as two random girls who were rude and gave us stink eye for the whole day. As soon as Charlie had finished hanging up her flag we wondered alloud why they were queueing there and not at the "QUEUE HERE" sign just down the road. Then she took it down and we moved to the "QUEUE HERE" sign.

We went and got lunch from the cafe next door, where I accidentally made S&M's nutri-whatever-water spill obvious :teehee: Some more people arrived, Mici and her flossy (pronounced Mi-ki :dunno:, it's still Mici in my head, that's not changing, sorry) and um .... yeah other people. So we had our lunch, and John came out and Tegan talked to him (yeah, I guess Tegan arrived), no now that I think about it maybe it was Mouselle. Yeah, it was Mouselle, I was papping from the line, yes. Well, Moni (Mouselle) and her crew had arrived, then. Anf then ... John was like "IS THAT A VEGIE BURGER!" and pointed at Tanya's burger and she was all "um, no" and then I was all "this is" and then he was all "that's healthy". Or something. I don't know the significance of this. I may as well add that it was a pretty crap vegie burger, very lentilly. I don't like lentilly things. After lunch we spent a long time organising our lunch rubbish to put it in the bin 2 metres away.

I can't remember what happened next, but more people arrived, and then Mouselle came and took our drink orders for Mika. Then she brought us back the drinks and then ... we drunk them. I had hot chocolate. Tanya and Dc like stole an extra one or something, and then spilt it everywhere (:dunno:). David (Moni's son) was struck with the dilemma of whether to ask John for the extra $20 for the drinks or to leave it and be able to claim that Mika's owes him $20.

I was crowned the task of finding toilets, a gift box and 2 TBWKTM cds. Using my genius tactics I tackled the first task in well under a minute, including crossing the road, with the help of cat-op-shop lady who said to just go to the pub down the road, who turned out to be strangely receptive of Mika (by which I mean - later on they were playing LICM). Um, I photographed potential gift boxes and demanded an indie-looking guy give me directions to a music store. I returned with my findings, and sent S&M and Bec off to the "music store", while taking DC to buy his gift bag. A golden one. Turns out the music store as an indie record store that definitely did not sell Mika, though they had some interesting music about vaginas. Me and Tanya went to look at the vagina store and then I went to A REALLY AMAZING BUTTON STORE (they even had a cat). Back outside the button store Tanya was sitting on a bench again and I gave 30 cents to a homeless woman. Then we walked past some houses, where I will live, one day.

Then .. um, I don't remember, but at some point Mika was sound checking and we perved through the writing parts of the glass doors. In an unrelated note, we also much earlier saw Orianthi in her canine (daytime) form, or possibly her dog, or possibly just a dog, it's hard to tell. John came out a few times and said some stuff ... Tegan and Rosina and Sunrise-girl and Jodie's cousin (?) went to be assessed as big girl material. Tegan was tentatively judged as having insufficient cleavage. John gave Tegan after party stickers to give to MFCers and Sunrise-girls. Later it became apparent that all four girls would be big girls, even small-breasted Tegan.

Based on the ridiculous hired-dancer-routine Mika pulled at Australian Idol, we devised an intricate synchronised shouting and dancing routine to perform during WAG. Much to the angerment of angry security guard. Up-up-right-left-cross-cross-turn right-turn left-twirl.

Kelzy and HK arrived, with a dangerously impaled dingo and other assorted animals. Um. Other people arrived. And ... stuff. Mirielle had indian stickers on her face, Sweet Knees had Mika on her neck, Mouselle and crew had bells but no whistles, SK's brother's axolotl had air in it's belly, Chickadee is really short and agry security man really didn't like us.

Um, it's 5.30.... Let's talk about Mika tomorrow. Basically - he was really good- all of his band were really nice at the afterpartyuh, yeah, that sums it up.

Oh, and they were AWESOME big girls by the way!! The security guards were heaps lame and all "no videos! no flash! You get one warning and then we kick you out!" :sneaky2:But anyway, I filmed like 80% of big girl before I got told off :naughty: But some silly man kept gettign in the way :sneaky2:GOING TO BED NOW

Thank you for the pics and reports ! :thumb_yello:

I'm so happy for you everything went so well !

And glad Big Girls were MFcers ! :mf_rosetinted::wub2:

Can't wait to see vids and the other reports (Tegan ! :blush-anim-cl: )

I'm really happy you had a M&G, you've been waiting for him since a long time... :wink2:

All those time that you could only read about others' gigs or see our pics or watch our videos...NOW MANY OF YOU AUSSUES CAN RELATE!

YAY! :clap:

And YAY for Teegs and Rosina being Big Girls. And YAY for the M&G despite so many people