Mika@ Q-Music showcase - Holland - 17 December 2009

robertina

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good afternoon fellow Mika mad Dutchies :bye:. I couldn't be here yesterday, I was at school from 9 am till midnight! All the students had their singing presentation, I am a first year student so I was nr. 6 out of let's say 35? So it was a long evening. The bright spot is that I chose to sing Happy ending and it was strange but fun to sing it with a mic, accompanied by a pianist in front of 40 people (there were some teachers as well).

But now I'm here, eager to hear any news about tomorrow!

So Deb is still working on tickets for us? Is that how the situation is right now?

Edit: voor 1,25 wil ik mijn naam ook wel op de kaart zetten. Koopje :biggrin2:.

Good afternoon fellow Mika mad Dutchies :bye:. I couldn't be here yesterday, I was at school from 9 am till midnight! All the students had their singing presentation, I am a first year student so I was nr. 6 out of let's say 35? So it was a long evening. The bright spot is that I chose to sing Happy ending and it was strange but fun to sing it with a mic, accompanied by a pianist in front of 40 people (there were some teachers as well).

But now I'm here, eager to hear any news about tomorrow!

So Deb is still working on tickets for us? Is that how the situation is right now?

Edit: voor 1,25 wil ik mijn naam ook wel op de kaart zetten. Koopje :biggrin2:.

Hi Monie,

How was the reaction of the audience? And did you film and Youtube it? (I am curious!)

Hi Monie,

How was the reaction of the audience? And did you film and Youtube it? (I am curious!)

Hi AMP, the reaction was very sweet. I got a lot of compliments and since I am still very insecure about my voice I was very glad with them. We didn't film it since it was singing presentation for the school only, it wasn't considered a real performance. In February we will have singing performances for an audience, 3 days in a row, I will most certainly film one of them :thumb_yello:.

The first singing presentation lessons we had were only about singing whilst being in touch with our feelings. Not about performing well. Now, after a few months, that is still the case, but we are already focussing a little on the outside world. In February we will be at the point that we are not busy with our feelings anymore but that we will take them with us in our performances so we can touch people, rather then just sing perfectly.

I would love to sing perfectly. But it will take longer then a few months for that to happen :roftl:.

No news yet huh?

Will check in now and then to keep up with this thread. Am looking forward to tomorrow. :thumb_yello:

Hi Miek. As soon as I hear something I'll text you, Ok? Maybe you can text me as soon as you hear something?

*sigh*

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

Got an email from our contact just a few minutes ago:

Unfortunately there are no places for the Dutch showcase as these have already all been allocated

:tears:

Sorry, guys. It doesn't always work out.

*sigh*

Unfortunately there are no places for the Dutch showcase as these have already all been allocated

Thats ok, thank you for trying though :wub2:

*sigh*

Thanks for all the effort!

*sigh*

Dear Deb: thank you very much for all your good work! You're a real sweetheart for putting all that effort in this case!! :huglove:

(I will call my -new- boss and tell her that I will come to work...:biggrin2:)

*sigh*

Sad, sad news. :no:

Thank you so much for trying though! :thumb_yello:

*sigh*

Sad. I hope there will be MFC-ers to win tickets tomorrow.

Archived