2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA in TOKYO Nov 30 Studio Coast / Dec 1 Secret Gig

Blue Sky

you are right in saying that we pay for a gig and a gig we get. anything else is a bonus and with luck, we get to meet Mika. nothing entitles us to it. it's just harder to hide the disappointment when your chance to see mika isn't very often, like one gig every 2 years & we are hoping that the one gig will bring us that luck... which obviously isn't always the case. i think in BS case, she did alot of work to get other people in to see mika and then she lost her chance to see him. i haven't really spoken to her about it yet.

I don't know Guy, to be honest, if you see him very often but can't get to 'see' him, the disappointment could be the same I guess...It totally depends on the individual I guess.

For example, you guys in Montreal. Hardly anybody saw him after the gig, so you missed out. It was your chance and you missed out as well, but nobody comments on it. Same with the TO gig. A few of the fans there were really disappointed, as they hadn't seen him either ever or in 2 years, like you, and they didn't get to see him.

It happens all the time. This is what I'm trying to convey: that it's not an isolated case that needs addressing and resolving by us, but just the way it works.

In BS's case, who knows, maybe even if she hadn't helped Mika out getting people in she would have still not managed to speak to him. And let's not forget that they had a lovely 100 person acoustic show, which very few places have had. I'm not trying to minimise her disappointment with this, as BS herself knows how I feel about her meeting Mika, but just trying to be a bit realistic.

Do you know what I wonder sometimes ... what Mika thinks of the mobs outside waiting for him after gigs ... I mean according to most fan reports he's a sweety and loves it ... and he is always so so polite - but does he ... I nearly sent that very question for the Myspace chat thing ... maybe noone should be waiting to see him ... I mean Franz normally only have about 5 or 6 ... it's not like it is with Mika ... so they probably don't mind ... but he has so many people wanting a smile, a handshake, an autograph etc ... and because people do read these boards they do expect it ... I did read the concert threads before I went to Hammersmith ... and I was of the same mindset ... which is sad - cos' you definitely shouldn't expect it ... but in a way ... he's made a rod for his own back ... and I do think it's gonna get much worse :(

Do you know what I wonder sometimes ... what Mika thinks of the mobs outside waiting for him after gigs ... I mean according to most fan reports he's a sweety and loves it ... and he is always so so polite - but does he ... I nearly sent that very question for the Myspace chat thing ... maybe noone should be waiting to see him ... I mean Franz normally only have about 5 or 6 ... it's not like it is with Mika ... so they probably don't mind ... but he has so many people wanting a smile, a handshake, an autograph etc ... and because people do read these boards they do expect it ... I did read the concert threads before I went to Hammersmith ... and I was of the same mindset ... which is sad - cos' you definitely shouldn't expect it ... but in a way ... he's made a rod for his own back ... and I do think it's gonna get much worse :(

You're right Laurel, I think that sometimes his body language speaks for itself. I personally don't think that he minds seeing the people if he's not tired, and he often clearly loves it, but one thing is to see us fans and another is to have all sorts of demands placed on him...Many people don't seem to know how pushy they are being, or how demanding.

Without going any further, when he came out after Little Noise I commented that he looked decidedly grumpy when he was first acosted.

Also, after watching some interesting vids recently from when fans met him at an airport, I know very well which conclusions I have come to. But I guess it's best if I keep these private because I think that some people may not want to hear it :wink2:. I do find it sad though.

Yes, when there is a big mob or queue to see Mika, I often stand back and just watch. He's such a well brought up guy and a professional but I watch body language and the eyes. Very interesting.

Most people are too caught up in the moment to see these things but they are very telling IMO.

I don't know Guy, to be honest, if you see him very often but can't get to 'see' him, the disappointment could be the same I guess...It totally depends on the individual I guess.

For example, you guys in Montreal. Hardly anybody saw him after the gig, so you missed out. It was your chance and you missed out as well, but nobody comments on it. Same with the TO gig. A few of the fans there were really disappointed, as they hadn't seen him either ever or in 2 years, like you, and they didn't get to see him.

It happens all the time. This is what I'm trying to convey: that it's not an isolated case that needs addressing and resolving by us, but just the way it works.

In BS's case, who knows, maybe even if she hadn't helped Mika out getting people in she would have still not managed to speak to him. And let's not forget that they had a lovely 100 person acoustic show, which very few places have had. I'm not trying to minimise her disappointment with this, as BS herself knows how I feel about her meeting Mika, but just trying to be a bit realistic.

oh yes, it happens all the time, all over the world, that's for sure.

as for myself, i think in a way, i only have myself to blame. those who stuck around did get to see him, for 2 minutes total :naughty: i chose not to wait 2 hours in the cold and chose to take my son's girlfriend home as she wasn't feeling well. and of course, maybe i could have gone to other concerts as well... but i didn't. that's a life choice i made by sending 2 sons to university and college. someday, i may be able to travel more freely, i can dream! :roftl:

i think that's why it's easier for me to accept not meeting him this time around (again :naughty:) but i do count my blessings as i did get to see a television show being taped with mika and only 4 of us were invited :wub2:

i got to look at him twice within 5 days!! :thumb_yello:

You're right Laurel, I think that sometimes his body language speaks for itself. I personally don't think that he minds seeing the people if he's not tired, and he often clearly loves it, but one thing is to see us fans and another is to have all sorts of demands placed on him...Many people don't seem to know how pushy they are being, or how demanding.

Without going any further, when he came out after Little Noise I commented that he looked decidedly grumpy when he was first acosted.

Also, after watching some interesting vids recently from when fans met him at an airport, I know very well which conclusions I have come to. But I guess it's best if I keep these private because I think that some people may not want to hear it :wink2:. I do find it sad though.

I delibrately stayed over the other side when he came out after Little Noise ... I didn't even notice he was out til' someone mentioned it .... if you ever see me being pushy - please slap me ... I'd never ever want to be like that ... I can't see it happening though ... but please ... you have my permission :wink2:

I think you know what I think about the airport thing .. so I shan't mention that either :lmfao:

I wonder if they found the bottle someone put in Mika's bin after Little Noise - I can't remember who put it there :aah: Was it Babs ... :lmfao: I can't remember :aah:

oh yes, it happens all the time, all over the world, that's for sure.

as for myself, i think in a way, i only have myself to blame. those who stuck around did get to see him, for 2 minutes total :naughty: i chose not to wait 2 hours in the cold and chose to take my son's girlfriend home as she wasn't feeling well. and of course, maybe i could have gone to other concerts as well... but i didn't. that's a life choice i made by sending 2 sons to university and college. someday, i may be able to travel more freely, i can dream! :roftl:

i think that's why it's easier for me to accept not meeting him this time around (again :naughty:) but i do count my blessings as i did get to see a television show being taped with mika and only 4 of us were invited :wub2:

i got to look at him twice within 5 days!! :thumb_yello:

This is what Sara's always going on about. Choices. The problem is some people don't think they are making choices, they think other people have all the luck. :naughty:

I delibrately stayed over the other side when he came out after Little Noise ... I didn't even notice he was out til' someone mentioned it .... if you ever see me being pushy - please slap me ... I'd never ever want to be like that ... I can't see it happening though ... but please ... you have my permission :wink2:

I think you know what I think about the airport thing .. so I shan't mention that either :lmfao:

I wonder if they found the bottle someone put in Mika's bin after Little Noise - I can't remember who put it there :aah: Was it Babs ... :lmfao: I can't remember :aah:

Hehe yes it was me. I bet they took it out before it got on stage though. If I could have found any other rubbish I would have put it in there too. :naughty: Maybe next time.

Hehe yes it was me. I bet they took it out before it got on stage though. If I could have found any other rubbish I would have put it in there too. :naughty: Maybe next time.

Hmmmmmm ... I can imagine Mika bashing that bin .. and thinking .. this sounds abit weird :lmfao:

Oh well ... twas funny at the time :teehee:

This is what Sara's always going on about. Choices. The problem is some people don't think they are making choices, they think other people have all the luck. :naughty:

:naughty: oh i am aware that i'm making choices.

hard ones sometimes, but they are still mine to make.

i'm still waiting for a halo to put above my head :lmfao:

I like to think that the bottle made it to Oz:naughty:

And I DID think about it.

I know.....................get a life:roftl:

Here are three more videos posted by Blue Sky!

One Foot Boy:

Pick Up Off The Floor:

Touches You:

OK ... I would calmly like to state

I WANNA SEE TOUCHES YOU SO FLIPPING BAD

:swoon::fangurl::drool:

Ummmmmmmmmmm ... thank you for your time :thumb_yello:

Well, it's definitely about choices. This year I have seen quite a few gigs, but only because I made a choice to use all my savings for traveling :aah: It really means that there are so many things I cannot do in next ten years because of that...(well, I still believe it was worth it :teehee: )

And despite of many gigs I have only changed a few words with him, never been in a pic with him etc (actually I'm not sure I want to have a pic with him, I don't look good in pics :roftl:). I was waiting in the crowd after Little Noise (just wanted to say thank you, had nothing to sign) and when it was my turn he was distracted and turned away, so I realized that should never wait like that unless there is a proper line (and that needs security to organize it). And I knew it earlier, of course, but kind of forgot it. It is very precious to see him singing, if there is a M&G it's always extra.

Still, this time I hoped BS would meet him, because you always want good things to happen to those who do good things (sorry my really bad English here, lol!). I'm happy she saw this secret gig, so small and intimate, it looked lovely :wub2:

Awww, thanks for those links, Kodes, I go and watch them now :biggrin2:

If anyone would like to explain, what's this about the airport? :blink:

As for mobbing Mika, yeah I agree that it's sad. When he did that afterparty at Brixton I kicked myself because I still hadn't met him and there he was practically offering his company and I missed out, but when I read that lots of people couldn't really meet him because of the huge crowd around him I found that it was probably an opportunity I wouldn't mind missing out on (and Hell, it's made up for it since :naughty:)

I had to wait two years and I also did some crazy stuff for Mika (i.e. MySpace Comp 07) so I understand the disappointment, but again it goes back to choices.

I chose to go to all the September things with or without mum's permission and I managed to meet him at every single event - and without pushing. The pub was casual and I never really bothered him (apart from asking if he was going to play WAG and when I said goodbye - that's two incidences that lasted about 10 seconds each), there was Popstarz where I walked up to the crowd, waited for Mika to finish signing something THEN asked if he was okay after Lollipop, and then left him to it. The icecream thing was something he did himself and there was a (pretty much) civilised meet and greet after bloomsbury ballroom, where I also had a teency chat with him about the champagne Freddie gave him. And then Jools Holland, where he came up to us on his own accord.

Yes I was lucky, and note that they were all small events. It's all about the right moments to be honest. You don't have to act like a deranged fangurl in order to get his attention and it's a shame people don't realise that. Mika's a really sweet dude with lots of patience and to see him being mobbed is so frustrating. It's clear to see Mika prefers a relaxed environment - who doesn't?

In fact, at Little Noise Session, there was me, Sara and Dan waiting quite patiently and when I gave him the AstroBoy poster, he just started talking to me about Bill Nighy and his screensaver. He didn't have to, he coulda just said "great, thanks a bunch" and walked off, but maybe because I wasn't acting like a total fool, he felt like he could talk to me. Maybe. I don't know, I could be imagining that, but I like to think that could be the reason :naughty: Same with Rose talking to him about the cloggs - he was quite calm with her and talked back to her without harrassment.

Once you get to meet Mika (in a calm manner, that is) I found that there's...well, nothing to get too excited about. I look forward to seeing him, of course I do, I adore him like everyone else does here, but he's a dude. That's it. If I have my moment, I have my moment, and I let him get on with it afterwards.

In fact, I feel more excited about the fact that I met Shakira :naughty:

That's a pretty much once in a lifetime opportunity cos I don't follow her like I do Mika. That was a one off. If you go to enough Mika things, meeting him is bound to happen at some point, I think I'm proof of that as well as many others.

In places where he rarely goes to it doesn't surprise me that he gets mobbed because - like with me and Shakira - you don't know when or if it's gonna happen again so...I get it, but that doesn't mean to say I agree with it.

It is a terrible shame BS never met him, I really am sad for her because - like everyone else in Asia - she waited so long and she did help him organise the secret event. For me it was third time lucky - hopefully for her it will be the same.

I hope I haven't gone too far on a tangent here lol. Apologies if I have.

Edited by CazGirl

I look forward to seeing him, of course I do, I adore him like everyone else does here,

but he's a dude. That's it.

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

I don't know why Caz - but I find that really funny!

"But he's a dude. That's it."

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl: