2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA in TOKYO Nov 30 Studio Coast / Dec 1 Secret Gig

Blue Sky

I would like to thank Blue sky for all her contributions to the MFC! I live in France and was happy to read your report, look at your pictures and watch the links on youtube. Japan is so far away. Thanks to people like you I could listen to Mika's duo with this Japanese singer (I love it!) or Mika singing in Japanese!!! Amazing! You did a great job! Sorry to hear some people wrote nasty, petty comments about you .

Guess the people who bad mouthed BlueSky, either don't post on here at all, or are too ashamed to come on here to do it.

And it's got Jimmys attention too, he just tweeted about it.

So Iona, you have plenty of support here, we love, acknowledge and appreciate you, if those others don't!

Edited by RAK1

Hi, I'm trying to report of the gig at the studio coast.:blush-anim-cl:

First of all, I'd like to say ,thank you to MFC member in Japan, Blue Sky, MIINA, tomomi. Because of you all, I could have a great time and could wait for a long time under the freezing sky.

I hope you understand my poor English. My first Mika's gig was SO amazing. I don't remember the set-list, so I'll write things which Impressed me at random.

1.Mika's voice: I was really surprised that he sang every song perfectly, almost the same as his CDs. He was never out of tune. I was fascinated by his incredible beautiful and also cool voice:mf_lustslow:

2. I SEE YOU, HAPPY ENDING : These songs got into my heart deeply. During Mika was singing, nobody chat, talk,and yell...just listened to his songs in silence. Mika made all audience moved.

3. Japanese song: As Mika said ,I like this Japanese song humming , we all began to sing toghether. The chorus made him smile and he looked very happy. Then he said, it was my first time you sang a song for ME.

4. RAIN: I guess everyone likes this song. We were so excited so much singing in a loud voice, especially a part of I HATE DAY LIKE THIS. That made Mika a big smile again.

------I'm sorry I'll be back soon. I have something to do for my family right now.

5.BIG GIRL: Three big girls who managed to be found from the audience just before the gig, danced in their own ways. I really appreciate Blue Sky's effort. I think the big girls liven up the song.

6. Dr. JOHN : Though we could sing just a part of , Oh, Dr. John!, most of us couldn't remember the lyrics and sing it. When Mika got to know about that( we couldn't sing well the part) , he laughed a little. I think in other countries they would sing very well. Maybe he was surprised that we couldn't sing with him. :biggrin2:

7.Utada Hikaru : Her appearace on the stage without any announcements caused a stir among the audience.Getting started to sing by Utada, it seemed Mika was a bit surprised to her skilful and cool husky voice. I guess they had practiced before, though. The duet was to be a fantastic christmas present for us as Mika said. I don't need anything else this year (seriously:biggrin2:)

8.:WAG, LOLLIPOP : Our excitement could get to the top at these moments. We sang together, especially we enjoyed to sing and jump together on Lollipop. At the end of this song, Mika said, close your eyes then let's jump together after counting down, 3,2,1 ( he counted in Japanese ,like ichi ,ni, san!!)

What a faburous gig :thumb_yello: I've never been to such an enjoyable gig like this. I realized again that the very charming, slim, tall Mika has an unimaginable power. And I felt he gave us every his energy without hesitation. I think I will never be able to get away from Mika World.

Thank you for reading my boring report, my first report of gig, actually having felt so nervous....

I took some pics at the gig. If I can, I will post them later

AND 9. MFC member in Japan : Thank you for beeing with me at the gig , MIINA and tomomi. I really enjoyed the moment . Thank you so much.

Blue Sky, I'm completely attracted by you. You have a lot of attractions. I feel I'd like to take off my hat having seen your arrangements (eg. making MFC banner JP...). Sorry for my poor expression. Hope you understand what I wrote. Thank you so very much, Blue Sky! I love you. I love you MIINA and tomomi.

Edited by vinorosso

I'm really really sorry for Blue Sky :( If anyone deserved a moment with Mika it's her - not just for what she's done over the last few days for fans in Japan ... but for what she does during every Mika performance - show - or event .... She doesn't need to hide under a rock - she is our rock ... I completely agree with who wrote that - Big big hugs to her :huglove: and try and ignore the nasty comments ... jealousy is not a nice trait ... but unfortunately alot of people suffer from it ... :aah:

Hi, I'm trying to report of the gig at the studio coast.:blush-anim-cl:

First of all, I'd like to say ,thank you to MFC member in Japan, Blue Sky, MIINA, tomomi. Because of you all, I could have a great time and could wait for a long time under the freezing sky.

I hope you understand my poor English. My first Mika's gig was SO amazing. I don't remember the set-list, so I'll write things which Impressed me at random.

What a faburous gig :thumb_yello: I've never been to such an enjoyable gig like this. I realized again that the very charming, slim, tall Mika has an unimaginable power. And I felt he gave us every his energy without hesitation. I think I will never be able to get away from Mika World.

Thank you for reading my boring report, my first report of gig, actually having felt so nervous....

I took some pics at the gig. If I can, I will post them later

AND 9. MFC member in Japan : Thank you for beeing with me at the gig , MIINA and tomomi. I really enjoyed the moment . Thank you so much.

Blue Sky, I'm completely attracted by you. You have a lot of attractions. I feel I'd like to take off my hat having seen your arrangements (eg. making MFC banner JP...). Sorry for my poor expression. Hope you understand what I wrote. Thank you so very much, Blue Sky! I love you. I love you MIINA and tomomi.

Thank you so much for your report vinorosso! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Your English is better than you think.

I have been waiting patiently for reports, photos & videos.

You have given me a taste of some of the excitement of Mika's journey in Japan.

Thank you.

Blue Sky posted these videos at youtube.

Mika at the Secret Acoustic Gig for 100 lucky people!

Excellent quality! Thank you Blue Sky!

Rain:

Blame It On The Girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS83aWo1YtE

I would love to know what song the crowd yelled out for Mika to play when he said, "Just not that one."

I can't make it out no matter how many times I replay it????

Blue Sky posted these videos at youtube.

Mika at the Secret Acoustic Gig for 100 lucky people!

Excellent quality! Thank you Blue Sky!

Rain:

Blame It On The Girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS83aWo1YtE

I would love to know what song the crowd yelled out for Mika to play when he said, "Just not that one."

I can't make it out no matter how many times I replay it????

Lonely Alcoholic:wink2:

Thank you for your report Vinorosso! Lovely!:wub2:

It's the Mika magic, isn't it?:blush-anim-cl:

And this is for Blue Sky!:huglove:

I know everything because I was there with BS all day.

If we were more pushy, we had a chance. But we always just waited at the back of the crowd.

He never came near us and then left the room.

She needs a rest for recover from her shock.

This shock is quite big because we had a long wait.

I know everything because I was there with BS all day.

If we were more pushy, we had a chance. But we always just waited at the back of the crowd.

He never came near us and then left the room.

She needs a rest for recover from her shock.

This shock is quite big because we had a long wait.

This is so sad...but thank you for telling us!:wub2:

Lonely Alcoholic:wink2:

Thank you tomomi!

From JIMMY:

@blueskymika Word is you're getting jealous peeps talking crap. You're one of the most genuine fans I've ever met. Don't let it get to you x

:wub2::wub2:

Yea for Jimmy!

I am positive that Blue Sky not getting a minute (60 seconds) with Mika was an oversight by someone on Mika's Team.

As much as I am upset for Blue Sky we have to realize that this was unintentional & things were probably really hectic for everybody.

I am also positive that Mika & Mika's Team will somehow make up for this oversight in the future.

Could some of you do me a favour & stop shortening Blue Sky's moniker to "BS" please?

In Canada & the U.S. it is a slang for a derogatory term.:shocked::aah:

It is no biggy - but Blue Sky deserves better than what "BS" stands for where I live.

Thanks.

Thank you tomomi!

Yea for Jimmy!

I am positive that Blue Sky not getting a minute (60 seconds) with Mika was an oversight by someone on Mika's Team.

As much as I am upset for Blue Sky we have to realize that this was unintentional & things were probably really hectic for everybody.

I am also positive that Mika & Mika's Team will somehow make up for this oversight in the future.

Could some of you do me a favour & stop shortening Blue Sky's moniker to "BS" please?

It is no biggy - but Blue Sky deserves better than what "BS" stands for where I live.

Thanks.

It's the same for in the UK too y'know :aah: (referring to the BS thing) I'm sure Iona doesn't mind lol :naughty:

It's the same for in the UK too y'know :aah: (referring to the BS thing) I'm sure Iona doesn't mind lol :naughty:

I didn't know that was slang in the U.K. as well.:shocked:

It probably doesn't bother Blue Sky - like you said - but I see it as not so nice & I already feel badly enough for Iona.

I guess it is more for me.:shocked::shocked::roftl::roftl:

It is no biggy.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Now what is really important is HOW is Mika going to make it up to Iona??

If Jimmy has heard of what has happened you can bet Mika's Team & possibly Mika has heard.

Mika is so gracious, polite & caring that I am 100% confident that he will make it up to Blue Sky!!

Another thing I am still dying to find out what this "I am holding 1 of the most amazing gifts I have ever received" is????

Has anybody heard?

Have I missed it here??

I didn't know that was slang in the U.K. as well.:shocked:

It probably doesn't bother Blue Sky - like you said - but I see it as not so nice & I already feel badly enough for Iona.

I guess it is more for me.:shocked::shocked::roftl::roftl:

It is no biggy.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Now what is really important is HOW is Mika going to make it up to Iona??

If Jimmy has heard of what has happened you can bet Mika's Team & possibly Mika has heard.

Mika is so gracious, polite & caring that I am 100% confident that he will make it up to Blue Sky!!

Another thing I am still dying to find out what this "I am holding 1 of the most amazing gifts I have ever received" is????

Has anybody heard?

Have I missed it here??

It's used as slang in my country even buy people who knows very little English!:aah:

And I also really,really hope Mika will hear about what happened and can find a way to make it up to Blue Sky!

I love your positive and hopeful view on things!:wub2:

Yes it would be nice to know what this fantastic gift is, good to know Mika can still be amazed by a gift, he gets so many!:biggrin2:

OK this is what I think.

First, I have known Iona virtually for as long as she and I have been on this forum and I have always called her BS. I won't stop now.

Secondly as far as BS getting her time with Mika, I think she can sort this out herself and doesn't need us to champion her . I am not sure she would like it although the intentions are good. She can correct me if I am wrong.

Thirdly we need to get out of this mentality that we all deserve our time with Mika. We are lucky he gives us as much time as he does, but he doesn't have to.

If you read these boards, you could be forgiven for thinking that if you go to a gig you WILL meet him. This is not necessarily the case and everyone should bear this in mind and be prepared for it.

Everyone has such a sense of entitlement. We buy a ticket to a gig, we get a gig, that's the deal, no more , no less. Anything else is a bonus no matter how good a fan we think we are.

Let's just get a grip here.

OK this is what I think.

First, I have known Iona virtually for as long as she and I have been on this forum and I have always called her BS. I won't stop now.

Secondly as far as BS getting her time with Mika, I think she can sort this out herself and doesn't need us to champion her . I am not sure she would like it although the intentions are good. She can correct me if I am wrong.

Thirdly we need to get out of this mentality that we all deserve our time with Mika. We are lucky he gives us as much time as he does, but he doesn't have to.

If you read these boards, you could be forgiven for thinking that if you go to a gig you WILL meet him. This is not necessarily the case and everyone should bear this in mind and be prepared for it.

Everyone has such a sense of entitlement. We buy a ticket to a gig, we get a gig, that's the deal, no more , no less. Anything else is a bonus no matter how good a fan we think we are.

Thanks for this, Bab. You know that I think the same.

We ARE lucky that he spends so much time seeing fans, but the reality of it is that at gigs there is always the same situation: unless Mika is feeling up for it and they organise things very well, there is always a mob, and most polite people don't get to see or speak to him. This is how it's always been. The only difference is that now there are tons more people in each given situation, all of them expecting, and of course what ends up happening is that many leave disappointed.

It is sort of bugging me now how a couple of episodes (Sydney, Tokyo) have been brought up as if these were exceptions to the norm. They were the norm. This is what happens at most of the gigs! But people don't realise, because they have had a few good experiences, or been lucky to go to a gig with very few people who are trying to meet Mika, or he wasn't tired, or there was a good system (barrier, etc) and he made his way to see the fans.

Thanks for this, Bab. You know that I think the same.

We ARE lucky that he spends so much time seeing fans, but the reality of it is that at gigs there is always the same situation: unless Mika is feeling up for it and they organise things very well, there is always a mob, and most polite people don't get to see or speak to him. This is how it's always been. The only difference is that now there are tons more people in each given situation, all of them expecting, and of course what ends up happening is that many leave disappointed.

It is sort of bugging me now how a couple of episodes (Sydney, Tokyo) have been brought up as if these were exceptions to the norm. They were the norm. This is what happens at most of the gigs! But people don't realise, because they have had a few good experiences, or been lucky to go to a gig with very few people who are trying to meet Mika, or he wasn't tired, or there was a good system (barrier, etc) and he made his way to see the fans.

I totally agree. This is the norm and has been for some time now.

I've been to a lot of gigs, but likewise at a high proportion of them I haven't spoken to Mika.

In any case this isn't the reason I go to gigs.

I love his music. Anything else is a bonus. I'm not owed anything.

Thank you tomomi!

Yea for Jimmy!

Thanks.

BS told me to call her BS, she is fully aware of what it means :naughty:

OK this is what I think.

you are right in saying that we pay for a gig and a gig we get. anything else is a bonus and with luck, we get to meet Mika. nothing entitles us to it. it's just harder to hide the disappointment when your chance to see mika isn't very often, like one gig every 2 years & we are hoping that the one gig will bring us that luck... which obviously isn't always the case. i think in BS case, she did alot of work to get other people in to see mika and then she lost her chance to see him. i haven't really spoken to her about it yet.

you are right in saying that we pay for a gig and a gig we get. anything else is a bonus and with luck, we get to meet Mika. nothing entitles us to it. it's just harder to hide the disappointment when your chance to see mika isn't very often, like one gig every 2 years & we are hoping that the one gig will bring us that luck... which obviously isn't always the case. i think in BS case, she did alot of work to get other people in to see mika and then she lost her chance to see him. i haven't really spoken to her about it yet.

Yes I agree, but if you don't build people up, they won't be so disappointed.

As Sara says, this mobbing and pushing and polite people who stand back missing out isn't new. This is how it is. Even in places where he rarely goes.

Perhaps especially in places where he rarely goes.

But perpetuating the idea that we all should get to meet Mika we are setting people up for a fall.

Better to not do this and then if you do get to meet Mika, it will be a nice extra.

I do feel for BS, but honestly she will get her day and I don't know, I may be wrong, but I think she would like to sort this out herself.

Also I would like to add my points aren't directed at BS it's just her situation has brought the subject up again.

Edited by babspanky