2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA in TOKYO Nov 30 Studio Coast / Dec 1 Secret Gig

Blue Sky

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

I don't know why Caz - but I find that really funny!

"But he's a dude. That's it."

LOL, but he is! Strip away the fact that he's famous and everyone wants a piece of him - he's a dude with his own needs and limitations, he's not Superman :aah:

LOL, but he is! Strip away the fact that he's famous and everyone wants a piece of him - he's a dude with his own needs and limitations, he's not Superman :aah:

He's Astro Boy - you know that!

You gave him the poster.:roftl::roftl:

Mika probably has his own super hero name which is a closely guarded secret.Then again: "But he's a dude. That's it!"

Well, it's definitely about choices. This year I have seen quite a few gigs, but only because I made a choice to use all my savings for traveling :aah: It really means that there are so many things I cannot do in next ten years because of that...(well, I still believe it was worth it :teehee: )

And despite of many gigs I have only changed a few words with him, never been in a pic with him etc (actually I'm not sure I want to have a pic with him, I don't look good in pics :roftl:). I was waiting in the crowd after Little Noise (just wanted to say thank you, had nothing to sign) and when it was my turn he was distracted and turned away, so I realized that should never wait like that unless there is a proper line (and that needs security to organize it). And I knew it earlier, of course, but kind of forgot it. It is very precious to see him singing, if there is a M&G it's always extra.

Still, this time I hoped BS would meet him, because you always want good things to happen to those who do good things (sorry my really bad English here, lol!). I'm happy she saw this secret gig, so small and intimate, it looked lovely :wub2:

Awww, thanks for those links, Kodes, I go and watch them now :biggrin2:

Yes, for sure, and I am up there being really disappointed for her about the non-meeting :thumb_yello:.

He's Astro Boy - you know that!

You gave him the poster.:roftl::roftl:

Mika probably has his own super hero name which is a closely guarded secret.Then again: "But he's a dude. That's it!"

You know, he WAS Batman once...http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1403632&postcount=558

:teehee:

I would love to know what song the crowd yelled out for Mika to play when he said, "Just not that one."

I can't make it out no matter how many times I replay it????

on bluesky's video i'm pretty sure i understand "loverboy" - which would explain why he wouldn't play it, he never did... :dunno: but those who were there could probably understand it better than us in the video, and if they say it's lonely alcoholic, then i guess i'm wrong... just doesn't make sense to me why he wouldn't play that, he did on the acoustic tour... :blink:

edit: listened again and now i can hear both loverboy and lonely alcoholic! :naughty: so now we can guess which one he referred to. :bleh:

Do you know what I wonder sometimes ... what Mika thinks of the mobs outside waiting for him after gigs ...

he once talked about it in an interview in 2007, here's the quote:

But after a gig, if people want to talk to you, I don’t mind so I go and walk out. After I gig I think I might as well go out and talk to these people either what’s the point of doing this job? You’re almost absconding yourself. It’s pathetic. But I did get mobbed in Paris. Security had to surround me. It was weird. Very alien to me.

:wink2: (here's the link to the whole interview: http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/07/25/exclusive-mika/)

Edited by mellody

I am back. I have a lot of feelings to process at the moment. So many highs, so many wonderful things, but to be honest for now, it is all too raw, and I honestly was dying to meet him properly, you know I was, to have my 30 seconds to tell him I enjoyed the shows or whatever.... but it didn't happen.

And I would like to post a special message to those people who read MFC and don't post, but who enjoy all the information/photos/links that I work so hard to upload both here on MFC and also on the Japanese mixi site.

I do this because I totally love this fan club. I totally love Mika and his music.:wub2: I don't do it for any sort of recognition, not for any special access/bonus Mika meetings, I am not his personal friend. I am "just a fan" like you.

He followed me on twitter for ONE DAY so we could arrange for some JAPANESE fans (not me) to get into the acoustic gig to thank them for the presents. I got my acoustic ticket through the lottery, just like everyone else, my seiri bango was #33. And he is not following me now.:shun:

So, is it really necessary (every single day:mf_rosetinted:) to criticize me publicly on the Japanese fan sites??? Aozora-san is the FBeye, do you think I don't know what gets written??? Get a life. You all had a great time while Mika was in Japan, and I am really happy about that. But not all of us got the chance to speak to him, and for now, I am going to go and hide under a rock for a bit.

Well, I do post but I still want to thank you for all the work you've done and your generosity in sharing it with us. Especially if you are getting stick from some. Anyway, my friend at work came to find me to ask all about you when she realised Mika had you on his follow list. We both think it's great, and any chance to do some Mika related chat is always welcome.

Here:

:flowers2:

he once talked about it in an interview in 2007, here's the quote:

But after a gig, if people want to talk to you, I don’t mind so I go and walk out. After I gig I think I might as well go out and talk to these people either what’s the point of doing this job? You’re almost absconding yourself. It’s pathetic. But I did get mobbed in Paris. Security had to surround me. It was weird. Very alien to me.

:wink2: (here's the link to the whole interview: http://www.me-me-me.tv/2007/07/25/exclusive-mika/)

I hadn't seen this before. (or rather, I don't remember!) But it's got the picture wendi always had.

Blue Sky posted these videos at youtube.

Mika at the Secret Acoustic Gig for 100 lucky people!

Excellent quality! Thank you Blue Sky!

Rain:

Blame It On The Girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS83aWo1YtE

I would love to know what song the crowd yelled out for Mika to play when he said, "Just not that one."

I can't make it out no matter how many times I replay it????

Here are three more videos posted by Blue Sky!

One Foot Boy:

Pick Up Off The Floor:

Touches You:

These are awesome!

Still, this time I hoped BS would meet him, because you always want good things to happen to those who do good things (sorry my really bad English here, lol!). I'm happy she saw this secret gig, so small and intimate, it looked lovely :wub2:

Yes, I did too, and I know it had meant a lot to her!:thumb_yello:

I'm not saying that we should encourage the expectations for every person who are reading this forum that you are entitled to meet Mika and have private time with him because you buy a ticket for a gig, but I don't think it can be wrong to wish that someone who has done so much for this fan club would have that special opportunity once in a while.:wink2:

IMHO!:teehee:

And I'm either not saying that Blue Sky can't handle her disappointment by herself, of course she can. I'm only expressing what I think!:original:

Hi, I'm trying to report of the gig at the studio coast.:blush-anim-cl:

First of all, I'd like to say ,thank you to MFC member in Japan, Blue Sky, MIINA, tomomi. Because of you all, I could have a great time and could wait for a long time under the freezing sky.

I hope you understand my poor English. My first Mika's gig was SO amazing. I don't remember the set-list, so I'll write things which Impressed me at random.

1.Mika's voice: I was really surprised that he sang every song perfectly, almost the same as his CDs. He was never out of tune. I was fascinated by his incredible beautiful and also cool voice:mf_lustslow:

2. I SEE YOU, HAPPY ENDING : These songs got into my heart deeply. During Mika was singing, nobody chat, talk,and yell...just listened to his songs in silence. Mika made all audience moved.

3. Japanese song: As Mika said ,I like this Japanese song humming , we all began to sing toghether. The chorus made him smile and he looked very happy. Then he said, it was my first time you sang a song for ME.

4. RAIN: I guess everyone likes this song. We were so excited so much singing in a loud voice, especially a part of I HATE DAY LIKE THIS. That made Mika a big smile again.

------I'm sorry I'll be back soon. I have something to do for my family right now.

5.BIG GIRL: Three big girls who managed to be found from the audience just before the gig, danced in their own ways. I really appreciate Blue Sky's effort. I think the big girls liven up the song.

6. Dr. JOHN : Though we could sing just a part of , Oh, Dr. John!, most of us couldn't remember the lyrics and sing it. When Mika got to know about that( we couldn't sing well the part) , he laughed a little. I think in other countries they would sing very well. Maybe he was surprised that we couldn't sing with him. :biggrin2:

7.Utada Hikaru : Her appearace on the stage without any announcements caused a stir among the audience.Getting started to sing by Utada, it seemed Mika was a bit surprised to her skilful and cool husky voice. I guess they had practiced before, though. The duet was to be a fantastic christmas present for us as Mika said. I don't need anything else this year (seriously:biggrin2:)

8.:WAG, LOLLIPOP : Our excitement could get to the top at these moments. We sang together, especially we enjoyed to sing and jump together on Lollipop. At the end of this song, Mika said, close your eyes then let's jump together after counting down, 3,2,1 ( he counted in Japanese ,like ichi ,ni, san!!)

What a faburous gig :thumb_yello: I've never been to such an enjoyable gig like this. I realized again that the very charming, slim, tall Mika has an unimaginable power. And I felt he gave us every his energy without hesitation. I think I will never be able to get away from Mika World.

Thank you for reading my boring report, my first report of gig, actually having felt so nervous....

I took some pics at the gig. If I can, I will post them later

AND 9. MFC member in Japan : Thank you for beeing with me at the gig , MIINA and tomomi. I really enjoyed the moment . Thank you so much.

Blue Sky, I'm completely attracted by you. You have a lot of attractions. I feel I'd like to take off my hat having seen your arrangements (eg. making MFC banner JP...). Sorry for my poor expression. Hope you understand what I wrote. Thank you so very much, Blue Sky! I love you. I love you MIINA and tomomi.

Yep, Mika has got perfect intonation. :wink2:

I'm glad you enjoyed your first gig! :huglove:

Now you've got wonderful memories... :wub2:

Yes, I did too, and I know it had meant a lot to her!:thumb_yello:

I'm not saying that we should encourage the expectations for every person who are reading this forum that you are entitled to meet Mika and have private time with him because you buy a ticket for a gig, but I don't think it can be wrong to wish that someone who has done so much for this fan club would have that special opportunity once in a while.:wink2:

IMHO!:teehee:

And I'm either not saying that Blue Sky can't handle her disappointment by herself, of course she can. I'm only expressing what I think!:original:

i agree sienna :blush-anim-cl: it is a disappointment, maybe more so when you are far away and you have no idea when your next gig will be. we can't say "oh it's ok, maybe in april" as we just don't know. and we all know mika's next year are quite long sometimes :naughty: i live in hope as well. :blush-anim-cl:

5.BIG GIRL: Three big girls who managed to be found from the audience just before the gig, danced in their own ways. I really appreciate Blue Sky's effort. I think the big girls liven up the song.

6. Dr. JOHN : Though we could sing just a part of , Oh, Dr. John!, most of us couldn't remember the lyrics and sing it. When Mika got to know about that( we couldn't sing well the part) , he laughed a little. I think in other countries they would sing very well. Maybe he was surprised that we couldn't sing with him. :biggrin2:

7.Utada Hikaru : Her appearace on the stage without any announcements caused a stir among the audience.Getting started to sing by Utada, it seemed Mika was a bit surprised to her skilful and cool husky voice. I guess they had practiced before, though. The duet was to be a fantastic christmas present for us as Mika said. I don't need anything else this year (seriously:biggrin2:)

8.:WAG, LOLLIPOP : Our excitement could get to the top at these moments. We sang together, especially we enjoyed to sing and jump together on Lollipop. At the end of this song, Mika said, close your eyes then let's jump together after counting down, 3,2,1 ( he counted in Japanese ,like ichi ,ni, san!!)

What a faburous gig :thumb_yello: I've never been to such an enjoyable gig like this. I realized again that the very charming, slim, tall Mika has an unimaginable power. And I felt he gave us every his energy without hesitation. I think I will never be able to get away from Mika World.

Thank you for reading my boring report, my first report of gig, actually having felt so nervous....

I took some pics at the gig. If I can, I will post them later

AND 9. MFC member in Japan : Thank you for beeing with me at the gig , MIINA and tomomi. I really enjoyed the moment . Thank you so much.

Blue Sky, I'm completely attracted by you. You have a lot of attractions. I feel I'd like to take off my hat having seen your arrangements (eg. making MFC banner JP...). Sorry for my poor expression. Hope you understand what I wrote. Thank you so very much, Blue Sky! I love you. I love you MIINA and tomomi.

your post wasn't boring at all! :huglove: i love reading gig reports. i live through others! Utada Hikaru has such a beautiful voice... i had never heard of her before. i will take the time and look her up.

Thank you for your report! :blush-anim-cl:

Vinorosso your English is great. You've got a charming way with words and I'm sure I understood your meaning on everything. Thanks for the gig report too. I'm looking forward to the pics!

Loving BS's Let It Snow video from the secret gig. What a great atmosphere. So tiny and relaxed!

When it comes to meeting Mika the unfortunate reality is that you may win some but it's almost inevitable that you'll lose some. I had been listening to Mika's music for 2.5 years before I had a conversation with him and I'd travelled a good 10,000 miles to see him by then. It's not about "deserving" and what's "fair". There is not enough Mika to go around so the situation just is what it is.

I understand Blue Sky's disappointment because I've been there before and she and I talked before and after the gigs about her hoping to meet with him. But she has spoken to Mika before and she'll surely do so again, maybe even in the not-too-distant future.

I think we can show support without demanding that Mika must make it up to people who don't get to speak with him or that Jimmy should be intervening after the fact, etc.

We've got our fingers crossed for you too guylaine. You need to stick around the venue next time though. :teehee:

Hi (and most of all) Blue Sky ;)

Mostly I lurk...(yes, guilty) but I'm just not a "forumperson" ;) (had to login and post 3 times....somethings get wrong and I know I'm not a wizzkid...)!!!

I just wanted to let you know that I do appreciate your efforts a lot!!!!

And...bluesky...I feel for you...want to meet Mika too but learned to just not want and get what you can (Prince fan....haha....he is the "untouchable" ;)

Just don't feel terrible because you did not "mob" Mika....think you are just wise (and your day will come...) Xxx

Vinorosso your English is great. You've got a charming way with words and I'm sure I understood your meaning on everything. Thanks for the gig report too. I'm looking forward to the pics!

Loving BS's Let It Snow video from the secret gig. What a great atmosphere. So tiny and relaxed!

When it comes to meeting Mika the unfortunate reality is that you may win some but it's almost inevitable that you'll lose some. I had been listening to Mika's music for 2.5 years before I had a conversation with him and I'd travelled a good 10,000 miles to see him by then. It's not about "deserving" and what's "fair". There is not enough Mika to go around so the situation just is what it is.

I understand Blue Sky's disappointment because I've been there before and she and I talked before and after the gigs about her hoping to meet with him. But she has spoken to Mika before and she'll surely do so again, maybe even in the not-too-distant future.

I think we can show support without demanding that Mika must make it up to people who don't get to speak with him or that Jimmy should be intervening after the fact, etc.

We've got our fingers crossed for you too guylaine. You need to stick around the venue next time though. :teehee:

thank you :naughty: i will next time, this time just didn't work out. my turn will come! :wub2:

Nobody asked or even suggested that Jimmy intervene.:shocked:

For crying out loud!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

You suggested that Jimmy already has intervened - that he told Team Mika and possibly Mika and you asked what Mika is going to do to make it up to Blue Sky. I know you mean well but you can't make assertions like that as if they are fact. :blink:

Well here's my own report thread, enjoy!

LET IT SNOW with Utada Hikaru (names are reversed in Japanese)

It's 2.30am, Mika might be watching twinkling Tokyo...I need my bed!!

I just watch the video again and it appeared Mika got a bit intimidated by her :teehee:

I love how they look together!!!