2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA in TOKYO Nov 30 Studio Coast / Dec 1 Secret Gig

Blue Sky

oh i know!!!!:aah:

but i'm planning to make an entirely new siggie aft all the dreadful school essays done! haha

okay let me change the wordings first now:teehee:

:naughty: i was just teasing you! i knew how long you've been waiting to write that :huglove:

it's a joyous occasion! :blush-anim-cl:

I make mine the words from the last posters, BS!

Being a mother of 3, i can't even imagine what you've been through these past few days...

And unfortunately what Sara says it's true, this is the reality in most gigs...And if anyone deserved just 15 secs, that would be you...

But you WERE FOLLOWED BY THE MASTAH FOR 24h, woman, no one here can be happy to state the same...:)

:huglove:

You are right. It was a rare treat:teehee:

And real life got so crazy after Mika flew off, I just couldn't manage anything more than uploading all the youtube videos and some pics to FB.I was operating on a massive sleep deficit...but that is usual with gigs from what I read.

We, audience could take photos from our cell phone cameras, digital cameras or personal-use cameras at the show, because Blue Sky negotiated to the tour staff to use the camera for our memories.

She did a lot of coordinating works for Mika fans in Japan.

Many thanks for Blue Sky!!!!! We love you!!!

Yes, I was glad I got the OK for cameras. That took a lot of stress out of my night!

Hi, I'm trying to report of the gig at the studio coast.:blush-anim-cl:

First of all, I'd like to say ,thank you to MFC member in Japan, Blue Sky, MIINA, tomomi. Because of you all, I could have a great time and could wait for a long time under the freezing sky.

I hope you understand my poor English. My first Mika's gig was SO amazing. I don't remember the set-list, so I'll write things which Impressed me at random.

1.Mika's voice: I was really surprised that he sang every song perfectly, almost the same as his CDs. He was never out of tune. I was fascinated by his incredible beautiful and also cool voice:mf_lustslow:

2. I SEE YOU, HAPPY ENDING : These songs got into my heart deeply. During Mika was singing, nobody chat, talk,and yell...just listened to his songs in silence. Mika made all audience moved.

3. Japanese song: As Mika said ,I like this Japanese song humming , we all began to sing toghether. The chorus made him smile and he looked very happy. Then he said, it was my first time you sang a song for ME.

4. RAIN: I guess everyone likes this song. We were so excited so much singing in a loud voice, especially a part of I HATE DAY LIKE THIS. That made Mika a big smile again.

------I'm sorry I'll be back soon. I have something to do for my family right now.

5.BIG GIRL: Three big girls who managed to be found from the audience just before the gig, danced in their own ways. I really appreciate Blue Sky's effort. I think the big girls liven up the song.

6. Dr. JOHN : Though we could sing just a part of , Oh, Dr. John!, most of us couldn't remember the lyrics and sing it. When Mika got to know about that( we couldn't sing well the part) , he laughed a little. I think in other countries they would sing very well. Maybe he was surprised that we couldn't sing with him. :biggrin2:

7.Utada Hikaru : Her appearace on the stage without any announcements caused a stir among the audience.Getting started to sing by Utada, it seemed Mika was a bit surprised to her skilful and cool husky voice. I guess they had practiced before, though. The duet was to be a fantastic christmas present for us as Mika said. I don't need anything else this year (seriously:biggrin2:)

8.:WAG, LOLLIPOP : Our excitement could get to the top at these moments. We sang together, especially we enjoyed to sing and jump together on Lollipop. At the end of this song, Mika said, close your eyes then let's jump together after counting down, 3,2,1 ( he counted in Japanese ,like ichi ,ni, san!!)

What a faburous gig :thumb_yello: I've never been to such an enjoyable gig like this. I realized again that the very charming, slim, tall Mika has an unimaginable power. And I felt he gave us every his energy without hesitation. I think I will never be able to get away from Mika World.

Thank you for reading my boring report, my first report of gig, actually having felt so nervous....

I took some pics at the gig. If I can, I will post them later

AND 9. MFC member in Japan : Thank you for beeing with me at the gig , MIINA and tomomi. I really enjoyed the moment . Thank you so much.

Blue Sky, I'm completely attracted by you. You have a lot of attractions. I feel I'd like to take off my hat having seen your arrangements (eg. making MFC banner JP...). Sorry for my poor expression. Hope you understand what I wrote. Thank you so very much, Blue Sky! I love you. I love you MIINA and tomomi.

Thankyou vinorosso for your lovely report, we had such a great time, didn't we? I wish we could do it all again.:wub2:

OK this is what I think.

First, I have known Iona virtually for as long as she and I have been on this forum and I have always called her BS. I won't stop now.

Secondly as far as BS getting her time with Mika, I think she can sort this out herself and doesn't need us to champion her . I am not sure she would like it although the intentions are good. She can correct me if I am wrong.

Thirdly we need to get out of this mentality that we all deserve our time with Mika. We are lucky he gives us as much time as he does, but he doesn't have to.

If you read these boards, you could be forgiven for thinking that if you go to a gig you WILL meet him. This is not necessarily the case and everyone should bear this in mind and be prepared for it.

Everyone has such a sense of entitlement. We buy a ticket to a gig, we get a gig, that's the deal, no more , no less. Anything else is a bonus no matter how good a fan we think we are.

Let's just get a grip here.

I totally agree with you bab. A gig is all I paid for. And in fact I got two gigs. How could anyone be complaining about that?

I wished I could have met Mika after his shows, as many fans do, but goodness that is not what all this was about. I have been reading post-gig reports for nearly 3 years. I know how it goes. I know what is real. But living through it is different too.

I was disappointed by human nature. I was disappointed by the efficiency of the Japanese crew, who needed to whisk everyone back to their hotels immediately after the gig. I was sorry to see fans using other fans to get what they wanted, pushing over each other to get what they wanted, behaving badly online and offline.... But that is the reality of the entertainment industry. Whether we see it every day or not.

And while I thank Kodes for the concern, BS is a perfectly acceptable name for me. It's become a bit of a joke for me over the years and I chuckle every time I sign it on a PM:naughty:

I will be writing my report in the morning. In the meantime, I wanted to post the links to ALL my videos, both for the Studio Coast show and for the Secret show. It is very convenient that YT sent me the list :roftl: I did not record every song, I was determined to just "be" at the gig, to enjoy every minute as much as I could, so that required the camera to be off a lot. And I figured, if I have done my liaising well enough, someone else in the crowd might have recorded some of the other songs.

You might wonder why I labelled all my vids with BLUE SKY at the start. Well it is a nice convenient way of tracking down my videos on Mikasounds when others upload them for points. :mf_rosetinted:

Also the Utada Hikaru & Mika video has been ripped onto so many Japanese Utada fan sites, it already has nearly 20,000 hits on YT alone. My channel ranking went as high as #4 at one point, and still sits at #19 for this week in Australia!! So I just want to mark the video as mine. Because it is.

Hope this list works out right.

Videos from blueskymika

[/url]

Edited by Blue Sky

I was disappointed by human nature. I was disappointed by the efficiency of the Japanese crew, who needed to whisk everyone back to their hotels immediately after the gig. I was sorry to see fans using other fans to get what they wanted, pushing over each other to get what they wanted, behaving badly online and offline.... But that is the reality of the entertainment industry. Whether we see it every day or not.

Just a shame they didn't look out for you as much as you looked out for them.

But your time will come. Mika has a really good memory.

I know you had the week off Blue Sky - You probably needed it too!

But - it is nice to see you here & see that you are okay - I am selfish that way!:biggrin2::roftl:

Your vids are beautiful - such great quality.

Your photos, vids & report were very much appreciated!

Thank you.:bow::bow:

I know you had the week off Blue Sky - You probably needed it too!

But - it is nice to see you here & see that you are okay - I am selfish that way!:biggrin2::roftl:

Your vids are beautiful - such great quality.

Your photos, vids & report were very much appreciated!

Thank you.:bow::bow:

They are :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Thanks for the reports. It's taken me a while to make it to this thread, cos I was still caught up in my own gig. I won't enter into the discussions that everyone has been having, too much water under the bridge now. But I did want to mention that we didn't get that little teapot puppet in Sydney:( We got a giant teapot costume being worn by a person (dunno who). I like the little puppet....

Thanks for the reports. It's taken me a while to make it to this thread, cos I was still caught up in my own gig. I won't enter into the discussions that everyone has been having, too much water under the bridge now. But I did want to mention that we didn't get that little teapot puppet in Sydney:( We got a giant teapot costume being worn by a person (dunno who). I like the little puppet....

makes me wonder who many teapot mika travels with :naughty:

Didn't you see mini Mika puppet in Sydney?

makes me wonder who many teapot mika travels with :naughty:

Didn't you see mini Mika puppet in Sydney?

We've seen big Mika with mini teapot first and small mika with big teapot after

I guess Mika did same performance in those three gigs

OK! REAL REPORT TIME Part 1

Thank you for your patience while RL (and real emotion) swept me off after my wonderful couple of MIKA days.

So if anyone is still reading this thread...here goes.

I spent ages making my special FBeye T shirt before the gig, so I was already sleep-deprived before Mika even landed in Tokyo. I am not in the least bit artistic, so I was pretty amazed that my shirt even vaguely the FBeye in resembled my signature. The whole point was that it would glow in the dark/UV light so that it would be like "MIKA I SEE YOU".

As it turned out he could see me pretty well without the glowing T shirt to indicate my whereabouts, but it was good fun having it anyway. While I was practising with the glowing paints, I tried to make a banner for MFC too, and although it was pretty roughly made, it did a great job for us at the front.

That is us four MFCers there, vinorosso, Tomomi, fatty boombah FBeye and Miina.

th_010.jpg

th_009.jpg

So we arrived at the venue, in a cold windswept industrial part of Tokyo, and found a line of people already there. I am a bit easy to spot. So people came and talked to us, we did some promo for MFC, and tried to keep warm. Eventually John appeared and I discussed cameras for the gig with him, and then we both talked to the promoters/staff. Japan is so strict, they take the cameras away, and I didn't want to use my camera at all if I was going to get booted out of the gig :blink: Eventually it was all worked out, and luckily we have had lots of vids and photos of the gig. I was glad I could do that, as I felt like I was the eyes and ears of the global MFC, and that I had a responsibility to help you all see what we were experiencing.

I was trying to do twitter but I am totally useless with my phone, so you didn't even get the picture I put on twitpic! Tomomi came to the rescue, and put up all our little notes.

The merchandise doors opened, and people began queuing so we did too, but then we suddenly realised we were not queuing for entry, and I was already wearing the tribal black T shirt in a nice imported XL size...which they didn't have in Tokyo.

th_006.jpg

I helped some Japanese fans get their gifts to the staff so that they would reach Mika, and after a while Mrs P came out to thank those people, and to search for some BIG GIRLS. Well, this is Japan, there are not that many BGs to choose from, so we MFCers spent a good while trying to chat people into being on stage. I was shouting out in my bad Japanese, anyone want to dance with Mika...and all these skinny girls were going YEAH! I had to keep saying, no sorry too skinny! One pair of girls offered to get into one leg each of the costume which would have been VERY funny. But BGs were shy and didn't volunteer.

So John came out and was helping me to put pressure on the larger girls in the crowd, and finally we had our three BGs. At which point I wanted to go back to my place in the line and be ready for the gig, as I was sure we would be way back in the middle. But John had other ideas, and said he wanted me to help out with the BGs, who were very nervous, and didn't speak a lot of English. These girls clearly did not spend their days watching YT Mika videos, so they had no idea what was going to be required of them, and I really didn't think it wise to fully disclose to them that they'd be in fluorescent skimpy corsets and tights, in case they balked and ran off:naughty: and goodness knows I was not going to be a BG myself. No way, I wanted to see the whole show.

So time ticks on, I helped the girls get dressed and met Jimmy and iMMa backstage. iMMa was lovely, she speaks Japanese and was helping me calm the BGs concerns about being onstage. Jimmy was very funny as you all know. He was feeding the BGs Oreos...even though they had requested a beer, they seemed happy to get anything to calm their nerves. Saw Mika as he was passing and he turned and gave me a huge smile, he doesn't talk before a show... I noticed he had his stones on his face again like a star, and he was wearing black clothes, which I later found out were from hosting a segment on MTV:

http://www.mtvjapan.com/blog/mtvnews/2009-12-02/2897

308ae87b070dfb24c84f69ab16c57119.jpg

But I don't know what happened at that moment. I was pretty astonished to be standing backstage at a Mika gig, and my brain sort of detached from my body and floated away when I looked directly at Mika. :swoon:

I did not have any of my stuff with me backstage, we had put it all in the lockers outside, so I was hoping still to meet him after the gig to give him his silly gifts from me, and at that point I thought it might be possible, so I did not really impose on him pre-gig, just said Hi, and went on helping the BGs. But technically speaking I did get my Mika moment :wub2:

Then BG duty was over and John had to get me back inside the venue to where the others were waiting for me, and fatty boombah me had to CLIMB the fence at the front to get in. I then had to take off my black Mika shirt and charge up the glowing white one, and I tried to tweet, well i think I did tweet, but it took me about 10 minutes to write one line, so I gave up. I just wanted everyone on MFC to guess the secret song, we could see the words stuck on the stage, and I thought RIGHT! I must video THAT song for MFC they will be thrilled!!

And the crowd started surging and pushing and we knew it would get rough when Mika walked out...then the band came out and did their sofa thing...one thing I noticed being so close was that my eyes couldn't take everything in. It was all so BIG. I am so accustomed to Youtube not REAL LIFE!! :blush-anim-cl:

And Relax started, and I was just ecstatic, I had waited two and a half years to see Mika live again, and it felt just so good!!! Well my heart felt good, the rest of me was being pummeled to a pulp by the screaming hoardes behind us. Miina and I both had our ribs crushed into the fence and out legs and hips were covered in bruises afterwards. But during the show, all you can really think about is MIKAAAAAAA!! And you can tolerate having crushed ribs. Such an analgesic, I could probably have surgery without pain relief if Mika was looking at me :fangurl:

Oh sorry, lost myself for a minute there.

So he sang Relax and then it was time for my Big Girls....they were so goooooood, I took pictures of them

th_019.jpgth_028.jpg

More later, I have to get some sleep tonight!!

Edited by Blue Sky

Thanks for part one Blue Sky. It is lovely to read about your experiences in such detail. I am looking forward to part two. I can only imagine your feelings as Mika came onstage after you not seeing him for two and a half years:shocked:

Thanks for part one Blue Sky. It is lovely to read about your experiences in such detail. I am looking forward to part two. I can only imagine your feelings as Mika came onstage after you not seeing him for two and a half years:shocked:

:thumb_yello:Ditto. I must say though that I hope we really get part 2 instead of the third posting of part 1 :lmfao: , I kinda know that one already :naughty:

:thumb_yello:Ditto. I must say though that I hope we really get part 2 instead of the third posting of part 1 :lmfao: , I kinda know that one already :naughty:

:roftl: Forgive her.....................she is in post Mika mode.:biggrin2: