Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

• 2 months later...

I´ve been to Paris with my class for a week. I told to my prof that I was not leaving without seeing Mika´s wax statue in Musée Grévin. So he told me I could, when they were in Louvre. So I changed Louvre for Mika. I don´t regret it at all. It was for me almost impossible to find, but I knew the name of rue, so I found it

th_DSC00975.jpg

Here you are entry.

I didn´t know where Mika was, so I was excited all the time.

I entered to a little room with a lot of mirrors inside. There were a performance with lights and music always different, it was really beautiful. Then we could continue. First there were statues like Arnold Schwazenegger or George Clooney.th_DSC00993.jpg

I turned on right. And I saw him. He was there, he was waiting for me. I stopped myself, I let my bag fall anf tears filled my eyes.

I´ve had my MFC badge all the time, so everyone was asking me about why is Mika here, etc. But I ignored them. I came to Mika and I started to cry like a little girl.(I know I´m a freak) I was there like 20 minutes. I was waiting for emptiness around me and I took many pics.

th_DSC00994.jpg th_DSC00995.jpg th_DSC00996.jpg th_DSC00997.jpg th_DSC00998.jpg th_DSC00999.jpg th_DSC01009.jpg

Then I continued in exposition. I saw many other artists.(I can´t post it all, it´s too much) then after 30 mins, when it was over, I couldn´t go away. I didn´t care, I turned and I returned to Mika. I crossed whole way back in opposite direction with no doubts. Everyone thinked I´m crazy (Like I´d been before. Pff..) And then I took even more pics..

th_DSC01049.jpg DSC01050.jpg

...I could go. I asked a woman who worked there if I could leave by entry.(Imagine a girl crying, who´s trying to leave a museum after like 6 statues.... xD) And she said "But why, there´s an exposition who continues!" I told her I saw it all, but I returned just to see Mika again. She said I can, so I took a look for the last time.

It was amazing, unforgettable experience.

The value of ticket was 18€ for a student.

All pics here:

http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/dontworrybabybehappy/Grevin/?start=all

I´ve been to Paris with my class for a week. I told to my prof that I was not leaving without seeing Mika´s wax statue in Musée Grévin. So he told me I could, when they were in Louvre. So I changed Louvre for Mika. I don´t regret it at all.

:shocked: you changed your plan to go to the Louvre to see the Mika's wax statue in Musée Grevin... It was not you that said that the Mika's wax was ugly ? :biggrin2: So it was not that bad in true :thumb_yello:

I hope your trip in Paris was good by the way :thumb_yello:

:shocked: you changed your plan to go to the Louvre to see the Mika's wax statue in Musée Grevin... It was not you that said that the Mika's wax was ugly ? :biggrin2: So it was not that bad in true :thumb_yello:

I hope your trip in Paris was good by the way :thumb_yello:

Oh I did say that! :aah:

But I needed to see it. It could be better of course, but you were right - only Mika´s wax statue without Mika next to it look really cool. :thumb_yello:

Oh I did say that! :aah:

But I needed to see it. It could be better of course, but you were right - only Mika´s wax statue without Mika next to it look really cool. :thumb_yello:

Well you know I like how the Mika's wax statue looks like, it is a very good work for me done by passionnate and professionnal people etc...

and it's strange how things can be sometimes: if I told you I work 10 minutes walking from the Musée Grevin and I did not even bother to go there yet... I live near Paris also so it is not that far... And I did not even try to go to the party for the inauguration of this Mika's wax statue, and the "true" Mika was there etc... some things can not be explain :biggrin2::teehee:

I´ve been to Paris with my class for a week. I told to my prof that I was not leaving without seeing Mika´s wax statue in Musée Grévin. So he told me I could, when they were in Louvre. So I changed Louvre for Mika. I don´t regret it at all. It was for me almost impossible to find, but I knew the name of rue, so I found it

th_DSC00975.jpg

Here you are entry.

I didn´t know where Mika was, so I was excited all the time.

I entered to a little room with a lot of mirrors inside. There were a performance with lights and music always different, it was really beautiful. Then we could continue. First there were statues like Arnold Schwazenegger or George Clooney.th_DSC00993.jpg

I turned on right. And I saw him. He was there, he was waiting for me. I stopped myself, I let my bag fall anf tears filled my eyes.

I´ve had my MFC badge all the time, so everyone was asking me about why is Mika here, etc. But I ignored them. I came to Mika and I started to cry like a little girl.(I know I´m a freak) I was there like 20 minutes. I was waiting for emptiness around me and I took many pics.

th_DSC00994.jpg th_DSC00995.jpg th_DSC00996.jpg th_DSC00997.jpg th_DSC00998.jpg th_DSC00999.jpg th_DSC01009.jpg

Then I continued in exposition. I saw many other artists.(I can´t post it all, it´s too much) then after 30 mins, when it was over, I couldn´t go away. I didn´t care, I turned and I returned to Mika. I crossed whole way back in opposite direction with no doubts. Everyone thinked I´m crazy (Like I´d been before. Pff..) And then I took even more pics..

th_DSC01049.jpg DSC01050.jpg

...I could go. I asked a woman who worked there if I could leave by entry.(Imagine a girl crying, who´s trying to leave a museum after like 6 statues.... xD) And she said "But why, there´s an exposition who continues!" I told her I saw it all, but I returned just to see Mika again. She said I can, so I took a look for the last time.

It was amazing, unforgettable experience.

The value of ticket was 18€ for a student.

All pics here:

http://s858.photobucket.com/albums/ab147/dontworrybabybehappy/Grevin/?start=all

Well of course you wouldn't want to go and see the boring old Mona Lisa whan you could go and see Wika!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! Thanks for the pics!

Well you know I like how the Mika's wax statue looks like, it is a very good work for me done by passionnate and professionnal people etc...

and it's strange how things can be sometimes: if I told you I work 10 minutes walking from the Musée Grevin and I did not even bother to go there yet... I live near Paris also so it is not that far... And I did not even try to go to the party for the inauguration of this Mika's wax statue, and the "true" Mika was there etc... some things can not be explain :biggrin2::teehee:

OMG you work 10 minutes from MG and you wasn´t there yet? :shocked: And I´ve planned the visit since I´d heard of our Paris holidays?? xD My teachers got crazy because I said I was doing so many things when I´m not seeing Mika? :aah: That´s reaaaaly kinda incomprehensible.. :shocked:

Well of course you wouldn't want to go and see the boring old Mona Lisa whan you could go and see Wika!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! Thanks for the pics!

Oh, for sure! And they´ve had only 2 hours for it.. And they said it was really boring. Even if teachers thinked I´m stupid because I´m choosing Mika.. But I´m just listening to my heart. :fangurl:

Thanks for your report. I was amazing to hear about Grevin from the fan's point of view.

No one wrote a report yet?? :blink:

*goes check*

OMG you work 10 minutes from MG and you wasn´t there yet? :shocked: And I´ve planned the visit since I´d heard of our Paris holidays?? xD My teachers got crazy because I said I was doing so many things when I´m not seeing Mika? :aah: That´s reaaaaly kinda incomprehensible.. :shocked:

Yes I know, but I am living it in a good way I mean as you are living your things in a good way also... that's the most important thing... I guess I just don't feel the need to go there even if they done an amazing work with all those wax's statues... I have never been really attracted by this museum before so I don't think it will change even if there is the Mika's wax there...

Have you noticed how many necklaces are missing on Wika now? :teehee:

He had 6 the day of the unveiling and now he only has 2 :naughty:

Guess they glue the last ones in order to keep them :roftl:

OMG I didn´t notice!!!!

How could anyone steal something from the statue? I would never do that.. :boxed:

and especially from Mika's statue...:shocked::annoyed_h4h:

I´d never do that.. The statue is there for everyone.. It´s so selfish! Of course, I want to have as much of Mika as I can too, but not like this. :no:

Lovely pics! It was definitely a good choice to visit Grevin instead of the Louvre :biggrin2:

I know. :mf_rosetinted:

Just realised how nice Mika's hair looks on this :wub2: Even though it is shorter, it still looks nice and curly :teehee:

Agree!

Mika looks really beautiful :wub2:

Can you tell me from what vid is you siggie,please?

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl: