Mika Memories of 2009!

Zak110695

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge year indeed!

Met my first other MFCer in March. :wub2:

For some reason the suspense and products from the April gig at the Roxy had a big impact on me. I remember staying up late, waiting for reports and pictures and videos. :naughty:

Met two more MFCers in July in sunny California. :wub2:

Got up at 3 in the morning to listen to We Are Golden the first time. Everyone was in MFC chat, and we had all thought it was going to be not so good because of the :30 second clip in France ... we were SO wrong.

We Are Golden video was tons of fun. I made some friends filming it that I wouldn't have have otherwise.

The album release! Had 4 copies the first day it came out :teehee:

Met 4th MFCer in town. And a fifth soon after. :naughty:

Oh, and seems like I'm forgetting something ....

MAYBE THE GIG! OCTOBER 24TH 2009! OAKLAND CALIFORNIA. Wow, wow. A perfect day with the perfect people. There are no words. :wub2:

Your turn!

Well we can all share our happy memories here, but these posts should stay here and not be transferred over to other blogs/websites. If ya get ma drift.

And PS We do have a yearbook of memories being put together too.

There wasnt really much going on down here in Australia, but my favourite Mika memory of 2009 was when he came and performed on Australian Idol and at the Enmore Theatre and when the new album was released! I listenj to it every day!

Another memory of mine was when I launched the Mika in Australia blog. There was heaps and heaps of hits in the first week!!!

Favourite Mika memories...

# Watching videos of Freddie and mikas_gal07 handing over the petition for the Aussies, kiwis and Asian countries, and getting messages and pictures from the gig

# Getting a get well soon tweet from Mika

# Getting a gorgeous bunch of flowers from Mika in hospital

# Comandeering the tv in rehab and not going for breakfast until I watched the interview with Mika that was on Sunrise

# Finding out that he was coming to Australia and also touring some Asian countries

# Meeting up with the Aussies, kiwis and hi_nick at the concert

# Being a big girl

# saying thank you to Mika for the flowers and giving him a hug (:fangurl:)

# And even though this isn't strictly about Mika... meeting the band (epsecially Martin and Jimmy) and getting pictures taken with them

I really did have a great year when it comes to Mika... I started off hating him, then ending it loving him more than ever!

Oh i love this thread :wub2:

1. became MFCr

2. MET MIKA :fangurl: (and got his autgraph blah blah)

3. My first gig

4. Waited unpatiently for the new single

5. Got the new album

I thought I should keep it short.. :lol3:

There is so much more beyond these few words... but...

Well we can all share our happy memories here, but these posts should stay here and not be transferred over to other blogs/websites. If ya get ma drift.

And PS We do have a yearbook of memories being put together too.

This may be irrelevant, but I don't get your drift :aah:

# Watching videos of Freddie and mikas_gal07 handing over the petition for the Aussies, kiwis and Asian countries, and getting messages and pictures from the gig

# Comandeering the tv in rehab and not going for breakfast until I watched the interview with Mika that was on Sunrise

# Finding out that he was coming to Australia and also touring some Asian countries

# Being a big girl

# And even though this isn't strictly about Mika... meeting the band (epsecially Martin and Jimmy) and getting pictures taken with them

I really did have a great year when it comes to Mika... I started off hating him, then ending it loving him more than ever!

Teegs! Do tell--you started off hating Mika? :shocked: That is hard to believe!

And also--I just remembered that hi_nick went to the Aussie gig. I saw him in Oakland too. Craziness!

# Being a big girl

:roftl: you did pretty well for yourself :naughty:

that's quite the mika list! :aah:

My Mika memories of 2009 are:

- My friend took me to a Mika gig on 10/18/09 for my birthday and we met him. :wub2:

- Listening to Touches You over and over again. I've listened to it 23,342 times to be exact :roftl:

- I also think his lasertasic pants in the WAG video will be the highlight of my year :naughty:

Teegs! Do tell--you started off hating Mika? :shocked: That is hard to believe!

And also--I just remembered that hi_nick went to the Aussie gig. I saw him in Oakland too. Craziness!

I did... I was so angry and upset at Mika... it felt like the Aussies were being shunned on purpose and it really got me down... I spent the first 1/2 of hte year listening to U2 on repeat and rarely listened to Mika!

I started to like him again when I saw him get the petition book, then I really fangirled when I got the tweet (which I knew about) and the flowers (I had no idea they were coming!).. Apparently the look on my face was priceless!

I still have the squeare vase they came in... I'm gonna put a plant in it and hopefully not kill it!

Nick came up to me after the concert and called out my name.. when I turned around, I saw that he made it and gave him a great big hug! I was worried that he was gonna miss out!

:roftl: you did pretty well for yourself :naughty:

that's quite the mika list! :aah:

I reckon so!

It's a pretty impressive list, if I do say so myself..

I still can't get over it! Seriously, he didn't need to send the flowers, I wonder why he thought to do it??? Not that I'm complaining or anything... :naughty: I would love to know why he thought to do it...

- I also think his lasertasic pants in the WAG video will be the highlight of my year :naughty:

I seriously want a pair of crotch lasers... actually, I want Mika's crotch lasers! :mf_lustslow:

My first happy memory was when Mika vloged about his new album and gave us an insight into what were then "The Clap Clap Song" "The Choir Song" etc. It got me all excited!

Then when he released SFS and I got the disc and the artbook. I knew then that Mika was back with us again.

The next wonderful memory, shared by many others I'm sure, was Golden Day on Radio One. When we got to hear We Are Golden for the first time.

Next is Blackpool. This is a mixed memory really with a certain amount of disappointment included. But when a Pixie Lott fan and her mum went and complained about me not being allowed into the disabled area of the venue so I could sit down and see the show, I was invited in, and the rest of the night was magical! Mika was amazing and it was wonderful to meet him afterwards. He loved my golden top!!!

Getting the album was fantastic, and I loved the TV appearances he made as well, especially the 'Through The Looking Glass' show, where he first sang 'I See You'.

I know I'm going to love him on his own show on Radio2 on New Years Eve! He'll be a sensational DJ! Roll on 2010 and the new tour, and we'll see what is in store for Mika nest year.

1. sadler's wells...being on stage with him and meeting him and getting my first autograph from him

2. ALL the September events! (Pub, Popstarz, icecream/paul o'grady show/bloomsbury ballroom and Jools Holland), and meeting him at every event

3. Union Chapel and Mika's reaction when getting the AstroBoy Poster!

4. The album, obviously

5. Mika tweeting me :wub2: and re-tweeting one of my messages lol

6. Jimmy and iMMa.

I did... I was so angry and upset at Mika... it felt like the Aussies were being shunned on purpose and it really got me down... I spent the first 1/2 of hte year listening to U2 on repeat and rarely listened to Mika!

I started to like him again when I saw him get the petition book, then I really fangirled when I got the tweet (which I knew about) and the flowers (I had no idea they were coming!).. Apparently the look on my face was priceless!

I still have the squeare vase they came in... I'm gonna put a plant in it and hopefully not kill it!

Nick came up to me after the concert and called out my name.. when I turned around, I saw that he made it and gave him a great big hug! I was worried that he was gonna miss out!

I reckon so!

It's a pretty impressive list, if I do say so myself..

I still can't get over it! Seriously, he didn't need to send the flowers, I wonder why he thought to do it??? Not that I'm complaining or anything... :naughty: I would love to know why he thought to do it...

I seriously want a pair of crotch lasers... actually, I want Mika's crotch lasers! :mf_lustslow:

cuz he is that nice? cuz you are worth it? :wink2:

Man oh man, SO much stuff happened this year. A year ago, if some genie or something had told me all the Mika magic that would happen in 2009, I never, ever would have believed it. :biggrin2:

February:

That first new music vlog that came out on Valentine's Day. Hearing snippets of the new material brought my fangurl-ness right back to epic levels.

April:

Buying plane tickets and getting on a plane with something like 36 hours notice to get to the Roxy gig in LA. Then hearing Blame it on the Girls, Toy Boy, Good Gone Girl and Blue Eyes for the very first time at a tiny club gig. :swoon:

June:

Still high on Mika from the Roxy gig, hearing about the acoustic tour and buying tickets to four gigs in four countries. Flying to Europe for the very first time, all by myself. Seeing so many amazing things in the European cities I went to. Getting to give him the 2008 yearbook after the acoustic show in Amsterdam. Then randomly deciding to hop a train to Paris and see those two gigs, too. THEN, in a fit of fangurly hysteria, deciding it would be a good idea to cash in all my frequent flier miles and randomly fly to NYC for the acoustic show at Le Poisson Rouge.

Of all those gigs, meeting fellow MFCers from a bazillion different countries was so amazing. That gig in London at Sadlers Wells was so great because I got to meet so many of you. :wub2:

July:

Standing on a hotel balcony while on holiday in San Diego, California when that first 30 second clip of WAG surfaced. Freaking out, putting on headphones and listening to that clip on YouTube over and over and over while dancing around a hotel balcony.

Then, a couple days later, staying up until 3am at a hotel in LA while listening to BBC Radio 2 in order to hear the premiere of WAG for the very first time, hearing Mika talk about how his fans were all online together, all listening together, waiting for the beginning of this next chapter in his career. :wub2:

September:

Being jealous out of my mind that I couldn't be at the pub night in London, but oh-so-happy for my MFCers who could be there. Such a sweet thing for our boy to do. :wub2:

October:

The North American tour! Meeting up with MFCers at the airport in Toronto, then hanging out together. Helping Mika and co. with the set. Then, seeing six amazing gigs throughout North America.

I think, for me, nothing will ever top the Mika Mania of 2009. I was super blessed to see him so many times and have so many utterly amazing experiences. If 2010 is even half as amazing, I think I'll be happy. :swoon:

Man oh man, SO much stuff happened this year. A year ago, if some genie or something had told me all the Mika magic that would happen in 2009, I never, ever would have believed it. :biggrin2:

February:

That first new music vlog that came out on Valentine's Day. Hearing snippets of the new material brought my fangurl-ness right back to epic levels.

April:

Buying plane tickets and getting on a plane with something like 36 hours notice to get to the Roxy gig in LA. Then hearing Blame it on the Girls, Toy Boy, Good Gone Girl and Blue Eyes for the very first time at a tiny club gig. :swoon:

June:

Still high on Mika from the Roxy gig, hearing about the acoustic tour and buying tickets to four gigs in four countries. Flying to Europe for the very first time, all by myself. Seeing so many amazing things in the European cities I went to. Getting to give him the 2008 yearbook after the acoustic show in Amsterdam. Then randomly deciding to hop a train to Paris and see those two gigs, too. THEN, in a fit of fangurly hysteria, deciding it would be a good idea to cash in all my frequent flier miles and randomly fly to NYC for the acoustic show at Le Poisson Rouge.

Of all those gigs, meeting fellow MFCers from a bazillion different countries was so amazing. That gig in London at Sadlers Wells was so great because I got to meet so many of you. :wub2:

July:

Standing on a hotel balcony while on holiday in San Diego, California when that first 30 second clip of WAG surfaced. Freaking out, putting on headphones and listening to that clip on YouTube over and over and over while dancing around a hotel balcony.

Then, a couple days later, staying up until 3am at a hotel in LA while listening to BBC Radio 2 in order to hear the premiere of WAG for the very first time, hearing Mika talk about how his fans were all online together, all listening together, waiting for the beginning of this next chapter in his career. :wub2:

September:

Being jealous out of my mind that I couldn't be at the pub night in London, but oh-so-happy for my MFCers who could be there. Such a sweet thing for our boy to do. :wub2:

October:

The North American tour! Meeting up with MFCers at the airport in Toronto, then hanging out together. Helping Mika and co. with the set. Then, seeing six amazing gigs throughout North America.

I think, for me, nothing will ever top the Mika Mania of 2009. I was super blessed to see him so many times and have so many utterly amazing experiences. If 2010 is even half as amazing, I think I'll be happy. :swoon:

Mana I can't believe you forgot about the Pizza and Mika's balls! :lmfao:

As for the bolded bit at the top...entirely agree

as for the second bolded bit...it was so nice to meet you at last! And you explaining to me what you were gonna do with the flowers :wub2:

Aaaaahhh.

I love you everyone :aah:

He should seriously just wear those pants all the time and I'd be the happiest person ever :mf_lustslow:

Oh, I agree with you there! :das:

cuz he is that nice? cuz you are worth it? :wink2:

I know he's that nice, but he'd never done it before... I was really excited that he tweeted me, and it's only a 140 character message!

(I did do a screen cap of it though... :blush-anim-cl:)

Archived