Mika @ Southbank Show Awards 26.1.10

mellody

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry M, it's just a crossover from our conversations in the medal thread.

ok good so i just missed that thread then. :naughty: read it when it was still in here, but i hardly ever follow the threads in the top news section. :rolls_eyes: maybe i should. :teehee:

ok good so i just missed that thread then. :naughty: read it when it was still in here, but i hardly ever follow the threads in the top news section. :rolls_eyes: maybe i should. :teehee:

Keep up, woman :thumb_yello:. Managing MFC requires multitasking, and keeping a finger in every pie :naughty:

Keep up, woman :thumb_yello:. Managing MFC requires multitasking, and keeping a finger in every pie :naughty:

finger in every pie? lol, never heard that expression! :lmfao: yeah just posted in that thread, will try to catch up. :bleh:

Thanks, Dani! And can I just say how much I adore Damien Lewis? :wub2:

But I really can't get used to hearing him with his real accent -- he's played American so well in all the things I've seen him in! :naughty:

But I really can't get used to hearing him with his real accent -- he's played American so well in all the things I've seen him in! :naughty:

Can you believe, when I watched that video, I was shocked that he wasn't American :roftl: I only knew him from Life on tv :naughty:

Can you believe, when I watched that video, I was shocked that he wasn't American :roftl: I only knew him from Life on tv :naughty:

I first saw him in Band of Brothers, an epic mini-series about WWII. He was brilliant in that, and in researching it at the time, I discovered he was British. Could have knocked me over with a feather! I had no clue! I've since seen him in a few other movies and Life, as you said, on TV -- and he's always played American, so when I hear him speaking as himself in an interview, I'm always like :boxed:

:naughty:

I first saw him in Band of Brothers, an epic mini-series about WWII. He was brilliant in that, and in researching it at the time, I discovered he was British. Could have knocked me over with a feather! I had no clue! I've since seen him in a few other movies and Life, as you said, on TV -- and he's always played American, so when I hear him speaking as himself in an interview, I'm always like :boxed:

:naughty:

Ha! He's been in lots of tv things here. I seem to remember him in Inspector Morse maybe late 80's early 90's.

I guess that's why I don't know which one he is!

But I loved the guy that was properly indignant about it ending "such a shame there's no room for it in mainstream tv... even at 22:45" then ruins it by adding "or whenever it was on" :biggrin2:

Mind, I'm totally with him- both in thinking it's a real shame it's ending, and in not actually watching it

I guess that's why I don't know which one he is!

But I loved the guy that was properly indignant about it ending "such a shame there's no room for it in mainstream tv... even at 22:45" then ruins it by adding "or whenever it was on" :biggrin2:

Mind, I'm totally with him- both in thinking it's a real shame it's ending, and in not actually watching it

That was Damien Lewis. :naughty:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a199593/florence-lp-scoops-south-bank-gong.html

Florence LP scoops 'South Bank' gong

Wednesday, January 27 2010, 13:17 GMT

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Florence and the Machine's debut album Lungs has won the music prize at the final South Bank Show

The record, which is currently number one on the UK album charts, beat off The xx's self-titled debut and Frankmusik's Complete Me.

The award was presented by Jarvis Cocker at London's Dorchester hotel, where guests included Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, Mika and Michael McIntyre.

Meanwhile, Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity lost out to the Royal Birmingham Ballet in the dance category.

The Thick Of It won the best comedy award, while the gong for best TV drama went to Red Riding.

The South Bank Show presenter and editor Lord Melvyn Bragg was handed the outstanding achievement award.

ITV1 last year announced that it was culling the 31-year-old series.

The awards will be broadcast on ITV1 on Sunday January 31.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a199593/florence-lp-scoops-south-bank-gong.html

Florence and the Machine's debut album Lungs has won the music prize at the final South Bank Show

The record, which is currently number one on the UK album charts, beat off The xx's self-titled debut and Frankmusik's Complete Me.

The award was presented by Jarvis Cocker at London's Dorchester hotel, where guests included Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, Mika and Michael McIntyre.

Meanwhile, Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity lost out to the Royal Birmingham Ballet in the dance category.

The Thick Of It won the best comedy award, while the gong for best TV drama went to Red Riding.

The South Bank Show presenter and editor Lord Melvyn Bragg was handed the outstanding achievement award.

thanks for the info Robertina:thumb_yello:

this is going to be a tv weekend. so you think you can dance on saturday and the south bank show on sunday:biggrin2:

Thanks Robi ... bitter sweet really , its like Eastenders going off to the TV .. its been a part of UK TV for ages

Archived