DANI56

Urgh. Isn't that the whole song? Does that song even have a verse? Or is it just 'Everrryyyybodyy huuuuuuuurrrtsssssssss' the whole time? :roftl:

don't want to be annoying but....the R.E.M.'s lyric is about hope and don't give up on your life even if you feel miserable...so I think it fits PERFECLTY with the dramatic situation in Haiti.....so it's not only everybody hurts words...

"Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand

If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone"

:wink2:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't want to be annoying but....the R.E.M.'s lyric is about hope and don't give up on your life even if you feel miserable...so I think it fits PERFECLTY with the dramatic situation in Haiti.....so it's not only everybody hurts words...

it's the tune that grates me. It sounds so monotone.

i dont know. im actually gonna youtube it lol.

EDIT: Bloody hell the tune's the same throughout the entire song! No wonder why I think it sounds whiny lol :roftl:

(lyrics included)

EDIT: Oh wait, there are guitars and drums about 2mins in xD

It does sound a little whiny... Well, the lyrics are okay, I guess... The song itself is a little too annoying for my tastes. :teehee:

it's the tune that grates me. It sounds so monotone.

monotone?oh gosh...well...it's an opinion :wink2: but I won't argue either :thumb_yello:

this is a noble and thoughtful project so that's only matter for me :blush-anim-cl:

:wink2:

It's just the song itself for me...

It does sound a little whiny... Well, the lyrics are okay, I guess... The song itself is a little too annoying for my tastes. :teehee:

exactly my thought :aah:

monotone?oh gosh...well...it's an opinion :wink2: but I won't argue either :thumb_yello:

this is a noble and thoughtful project so that's only matter for me :blush-anim-cl:

If you like it, you like it, and yes it's for a cause so it's the thought that counts. I just don't agree with the song choice, they could have used a better one :dunno:

:thumb_yello:

Is it confirmed that Mika will take part?

Cause Dutch press is already talking about the charity single, but no mentioning of Mika; I really wanna mail Radio2 to tell Hans Schiffers to put Mika on the list too!

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/artikel/343512

Yes!

I have read that Mika is not only participating but filming his interview bit for it today.

Perez Hilton has it on his web site today as well.:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Yes!

I have read that Mika is not only participating but filming his interview bit for it today.

Perez Hilton has it on his web site today as well.:thumb_yello:

PH about Mika, or about the entire project?

I will go there now.

edit: here it is: http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-25-simons-charity-single-in-the-works

Simon Cowell, who is organising the charity effort, is hoping to complete the single by 7 February.

Mika, who has already laid his vocals down, said it was a "real honour" to be taking part and was pleased with the part he had been asked to sing.

"I found out which bit I was going to be doing as I walked into the studio. I'm really happy that I have a good line that doesn't go too high because I hate singing too high," he told Radio 1's Natalie Jamieson.

The star added he felt compelled to take part because he has close friends who are Haitian.

"They have been affected themselves, along with a lot of other people, so this has a personal meaning as well. It's for a very good cause and it's great that we can raise some money and raise some awareness."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8480125.stm

Simon Cowell, who is organising the charity effort, is hoping to complete the single by 7 February.

Mika, who has already laid his vocals down, said it was a "real honour" to be taking part and was pleased with the part he had been asked to sing.

"I found out which bit I was going to be doing as I walked into the studio. I'm really happy that I have a good line that doesn't go too high because I hate singing too high," he told Radio 1's Natalie Jamieson.

The star added he felt compelled to take part because he has close friends who are Haitian.

"They have been affected themselves, along with a lot of other people, so this has a personal meaning as well. It's for a very good cause and it's great that we can raise some money and raise some awareness."

Thanks again D!

I emailed the bbc-link to Hans Schiffers from Dutch Radio2, because I hope Mika will get mentioned in the Netherlands about this too. I mean: if I google Mika and Haiti, all I find are articles in Belgian press, Holland doesn't seem to have any interest!

Thanks again D!

I emailed the bbc-link to Hans Schiffers from Dutch Radio2, because I hope Mika will get mentioned in the Netherlands about this too. I mean: if I google Mika and Haiti, all I find are articles in Belgian press, Holland doesn't seem to have any interest!

Oh! Good luck then! :thumb_yello: Yes idd, we had articles about Mika getting the medal at midem and about haiti as well.

I now wonder which line he's got...:teehee:

So maybe yesterday when he tweets he was back from the studio he was recording his part

So maybe yesterday when he tweets he was back from the studio he was recording his part

ap100126118684.jpg

ap100126117439.jpg

Haiti earthquake.Singer Mika leaves SARM Studios in Notting Hill where a re-recording is being made of the REM song Everybody Hurts to raise funds for the Haiti earthquake. Picture date: Tuesday January 26, 2010.

ap100126118684.jpg

ap100126117439.jpg

Haiti earthquake.Singer Mika leaves SARM Studios in Notting Hill where a re-recording is being made of the REM song Everybody Hurts to raise funds for the Haiti earthquake. Picture date: Tuesday January 26, 2010.

:naughty: I knew that, I told you he called me to say so :naughty:

ap100126118684.jpg

ap100126117439.jpg

He's taken his medal off :sad:

Thank you so much Droopsy!:thumb_yello:

You are a super sleuth!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Archived