Alan McGee: "Mika should have been shot at birth"

marian538

I think I agree with about half of it. :naughty:

Well that explains everything. :roftl:

I guess no one told him that Oasis falls under the exact same category as Coldplay. Other bands did it first and did it far better.

I think the 1990s were also the worst era for music, not the past few years. The fact that Oasis was on top says it all. Just regurgitated rip-offs everywhere you look. I retreated to club music because at least it's fun and enjoyable even if it's not original either.

:fisch:

:bow:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst I fully I agree with you, let me just make one more point concerning his comment he made on Robbie and answer Vanessa:

You know why? Because Robbie's album was produced by Trevor Horn, a respected name in the music industry. The songs themselves sound just like the ones on any other Robbie Williams album (with the exception of Rudebox that was c**p) but he is obviously blinded by something.... :cool:

So, now let's see how Alan McGee rated Robbie Williams back in 2006:

http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=11329

"London, Nov 30 (IANS) Music mogul Alan McGee has called British singer Robbie Williams 'a crime against music', saying he was single-handedly destroying the British music industry.

McGee is surprised by Williams' fame and how well he was doing against other singers like Elton John and George Michael, reports contactmusic.com.

He says: 'These people are brilliant, world class musical talents. Robbie's just a showbiz chancer. It's people like him who are destroying British pop culture.

'He has one percent of Mick Jagger's talent. He's the post 9/11 feel good factor. He doesn't mean anything. He's utterly vacant. To me, Robbie is a crime against music'".

Now that you mentioned Trevor Horn I went on his wikipedia and he co-wrote Kiss from a rose by Seal and also worked with Pet Shop Boys and Ian Brown .

Anyways back to Mr Disgusting he seems a jealous guy and he doesn't like when an artist or singers get more and more famous .

I'm curious what he'll be saying about Mika in the future :smoke:

Oh Suzie that is hilarious! :naughty:

Not only is he contradicting himself about Robbie Williams, but he's carrying on about the greatness of Elton John even though, according to him, Sir Elton should have retired from performing and become a manager decades ago.

oh.....I think I do not know the exact meaning of 'shot at birth' :(

i think i got it wrong so far......:mf_rosetinted:

'shot at birth'.....anyone helps ?

It means he should have been killed (shot) when he was born (at birth).

OMG, those facebook groups! How pathetic! One said something about how Mika should die and the picture was of Mika and a grand piano above his head. I reported it :teehee:

Ah I've seen that one, and tbh, it made me LOL cos of the picture. I mean it's well sad that they do that, but it was actually quite a funny picture. Sort of...Looney Toons style.

Whatever.

HATERZ NEED TO BACK OFF, YO.

this is terrible but not nearly as bad as the article about how he should be tied to a furnace and beat to death since that didn't happen when he was a baby!

I still can't believe I read that entire article. I was confused the whole time. I don't understand why or how people can be so rude and hateful to another human being. I do not like Coldplay in any way shape or form but I would never say that much hateful words. And Paul?? The Beatles are a huge influence on pop music, or is this guy just stupid. And wishing death on someone. It just makes me sick.

I don't really care about what he says about Mika, it doesn't really matters because a critic has to have real information on it, he never mentioned why he didn't like him or anything he does. Besides, someone who is so mean shouldn't get this much attention. It's not that I'm talking only based on what he said about Mika, but about all the others, you can dislike someone or something but that is not the way of expressing it. I think he is just evil and stupid, you can't go doing that in life, you can express your dislikes with real opinions without being so rude (that's what "normal" people do). He could have said that to some friends (and not even, because that proves how stupid he is) but not to everyone.

If people are intelligent, they will realize they can't pay attention to what he says. I don't agree with him at all (the way he says things, make them public and doesn't really have any real reason for what he says -because if he had, he would tell them-), but I could never tell to ANYONE anything like that about him or anyone else.

I think we should read it just for what it is: something with NO IMPORTANCE.

Besides, Mika says he also likes to have bad reviews, but honestly I don't really think that can be clasified as a bad REVIEW, that's just ****.

(I think it's very bad written :naughty: Sorry).

People like this Alan guy tbh I've never even heard of till now, seriously the only reason they say the things is to get a response cos otherwise they wouldn't really get one. What he said, I think he should of had it done to himself, what the f*** has Mika done to him!?! If he don't like him then ok, your like people at my school.. but I don't see how he should say things like that... If this Alan thinks that, why didn't he just keep it to himself cos it's not gonna make him super famous for it. He's gonna be hated by Mika, Coldplay, Paul McCartney fans, etc. who he had said something which there was no bloody need for!

Personally if I ever met this guy, I'd do this : :rocket:

People like this Alan guy tbh I've never even heard of till now, seriously the only reason they say the things is to get a response cos otherwise they wouldn't really get one. What he said, I think he should of had it done to himself, what the f*** has Mika done to him!?! If he don't like him then ok, your like people at my school.. but I don't see how he should say things like that... If this Alan thinks that, why didn't he just keep it to himself cos it's not gonna make him super famous for it. He's gonna be hated by Mika, Coldplay, Paul McCartney fans, etc. who he had said something which there was no bloody need for!

Personally if I ever met this guy, I'd do this : :rocket:

:bow:

call me if you need some help to :rocket:

Oh my.... :shocked: who's that guy ????

How can someone could say that ??

It's really shocking. You can say it's humour or whatever you want, this is so bad to say things like that.

You can critic someone because you don't like his music, his voice, his style... but wishing someone's death :shocked:

Imagine that his family reads that... :sneaky2:

Archived