Alan McGee: "Mika should have been shot at birth"

marian538

Prick ... enough said

He should have locked Oasis in his basement after their first 2 albums so that they can't escape and we won't hear about them again.

Then they would have been remembered for their good music (that copied the Beatles btw). :cool:

Instead of shutting down the Brits, how about we get rid of ignorant dinosaurs with their heads up their arses? :aah:

</rant>

very well said.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing that I find frustrating is that someone so f*cking ignorant can still make a living doing what he does.

What's his goal? Does he lack any technical reasons or even well-articulated subjective reasons to criticize Mika, so instead he stoops random vicious attacks of no substance? Or does he think he's being funny? :dunno:

Seriously, if you're in the music business, you should have more to say when critiquing an artist than vague references to their age, or in the case of Mika and JLS, nothing at all.

Instead of shutting down the Brits, how about we get rid of ignorant dinosaurs with their heads up their arses? :aah:

</rant>

Sadly, you will always have people like him. They wouldn't recognise real talent if it slaps them in the face. Maybe the man is just bitter for not signing Mika first:mf_rosetinted:

This morning I found this:

Alan McGee Gives Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Mika and The Brits A Good Kicking

The former Creation Records boss believes that The Brits should be axed altogether, Macca should retire and he'd rather eat someone else's earwax than listen to Coldplay.

Casting his eye over the nominees for this year's Brit Awards, he blasted to the Daily Record: ”They should get rid of the Brits and start again with 20 music journalists who actually care about music.

“If this is what the British music industry has to offer, we should close down the recording studios now because it is so sad. It has never been worse apart from the 1950s but at least then they had Elvis.”

Asked for his thoughts about the nomination for Coldplay's 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' in the Best Album of the Past 30 Years category, McGee moaned: “Coldplay are a dilution of a dilution of a dilution. Chris Martin makes me want to eat someone else’s earwax rather than listen to his record.”

Continuing his rant, he said of Sir Paul McCartney: “John Lennon is probably firing bullets from another dimension as we speak. Just give in Paul. Can’t he and people like him retire.

“Music should be like football. Once you turn 40 you should become a manager or get lost.”

However, he did reserve some kind words for some Brit nominees, adding: “Calvin (Harris) is cool and I love Muse.. I think Robbie Williams latest stuff is quality pop music, though it is not my thing. He makes good pop.

Lily Allen is a good pop star. But Pixie Lott, I mean, for God’s sake. Mika should have been shot at birth, and while we’re at it, we should shoot JLS.”

source:http://www.gigwise.com/news/54332/Alan-McGee-Gives-Coldplay-Paul-McCartney-Mika-and-The-Brits-A-Good-Kicking

I don't know WHO is this guy but sucks a lot!!

I saw this naughty thing at midnight :sneaky2: I think this man is not a critic and he is really stupide :biggrin2: When you are a critic you must explain why an artist is good or not, why an album his bad or brilliante.

Oh for Goodness sake. I don't like JLS either but I don't want them shot, they're just normal guys with a dream of becoming famous and singing for a living. If you can't be nice about something, don't say anything at all.

While a reviewer's job is to tell people what they think of something or someone, personally attacking someone is NOT the way to do it. You comment on their music, its strengths and weaknesses. Not "they needed to have been shot at birth." Disgusting, and I would have said the same about anyone, not just Mika.

Pompous much??

According to Alan Mcgee's rules he, himself, should have had his pen shoved up his nose in the early days & been beat over the head with his own keyboard recently & often.

Sadly I am not into violence - even for self indulgent, arrogant, pretentious, egotistic, grandiloquent, self-important, haughty, insolent, supercilious, high-sounding & just plain rude bastards like this arse.

Just for the record I don't agree with the other crap he said either.

oh it's a winner...

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/hq/music-step-into-another-world-1882759.html

Shamelessly indulging his inner child, Mika continues to paint over our economic gloom with his brand of pop, writes Eamon Carr

Mika was born michael holbrook Penniman in Beirut in 1983. That would have been a few years before Belfast teacher Brian Keenan was the taken hostage by Islamic militants and held captive in darkness for almost five years. Mika's parents took their infant son to Paris. While I'd never condone chaining someone to a radiator and beating them with a lead pipe, I marvel at Mika's good fortune. Anyone familiar with the singer's camp 1970s ham might rue the caprices of fate.

The 26-year-old clearly has Pied Piper fantasies. That's when he's not behind the bike shed, shoving a hand down his pants and ogling photos of Freddie Mercury.

2007 was Mika's year. He landed on planet pop with pantomime ferocity. In a blizzard of falsetto and outrageous arrangements, a number-one single, Grace Kelly, and a splendiferous debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, announced him as a potential superstar, pyjama-party playmate for Elton John and The Scissor Sisters. The speed of his ascent on the pop tree polarised opinion. It seemed the bigger Mike became, the more some people grumbled. One naysayer claimed that an inane Mika song reminded him of Eurovision and conjured up an image of Terry Wogan commenting, "Where did the Belgians find this big eejit?"

But can the six million punters who bought his debut album, and the committees who showered him with music awards, be wrong? Is Mika's over-egged pop goo evil? Or, like sprouts, does it just taste vile?

If he has a manifesto, it's probably to celebrate pop music. This, he feels, is reason enough to release a promotional video for We Are Golden of himself prancing around a multi-coloured bedroom and posing in front of the mirror, in boots and underpants, like a six-year-old. See him in action and you wonder if perhaps he's another covert creation of Sacha Baron Cohen.

But who ever said pop music should act its age? Surely, Mika is allowed to sing about "teenage dreams" in a voice that recalls an impassioned Tori Amos as the choir of brats from the Pink Floyd's The Wall chant along?

This album is so audacious it makes Rufus Wainwright seem like a dreary denimed pub rocker. There are hooks ("Blame it on the girls. Blame it on the boys...") that sound sensationally meaningless wrapped in clattering dynamics. There are confidences ("I hate days like this...") that shame the Bee Gees as one-dimensional tunesmiths.

With the western world teetering on the edge of an economic abyss, Mika spreads sunshine like margarine by chanting We Are Golden. What a clever ruse.

He teams up with Imogen Heap to write and perform By The Time, a nursery rhyme that escaped the notice of Paul McCartney in his Mary Had A Little Lamb phase.

Like a deranged fairytale, The Boy Who Knew Too Much has a conceptual undertow. The man-child in his underpants ponders his place in the universe. But Mika knows no fear. He even dispenses wisdom. "You take a pill, wonder if it will fix you," he trills on Blue Eyes. "Then wonder why sorrow has never left you."

Listening to the vocal acrobatics on Good Gone Girl, surely the next single, it's easy to stand in awe of the skyscraper range of the man's madcap musical glitterball.

In a world where colour clash can become the new black, Mika is becoming as iconic as a pampered chihuahua. Unfortunately for him, though, not every track on this album has single potential. One Foot Boy is eminently forgettable. And the faux operatic swoon of Toy Boy clocks in as simply odious. "She's the meanest hag that has ever been/Pulled out my insides with an old safety pin...", he cackles like a child about to be cooked in the wicked witch's oven.

Radiator, anyone? * * *

Word vomit much?

Maybe if he actually stopped crapping on about stuff, I might've actually read the review without having myself say "blah blah blah" in my head...

And the sarcasm doesn't help. It's obvious he wasn't willing to review the album without relying on his preconceived ideas about Mika.

Pompous much??

According to Alan Mcgee's rules he, himself, should have had his pen shoved up his nose in the early days & been beat over the head with his own keyboard recently & often.

Sadly I am not into violence - even for self indulgent, arrogant, pretentious, egotistic, grandiloquent, self-important, haughty, insolent, supercilious, high-sounding & just plain rude bastards like this arse.

Just for the record I don't agree with the other crap he said either.

Word vomit much?

Maybe if he actually stopped crapping on about stuff, I might've actually read the review without having myself say "blah blah blah" in my head...

And the sarcasm doesn't help. It's obvious he wasn't willing to review the album without relying on his preconceived ideas about Mika.

:lmfao::lmfao:

Alan who???! I had to search on the web to know who he is... "He is a music industry executive and musician whose records were not commercial hits, and with his escalating drug use" Here's a quote from Wikipedia. So this person is a nobody. What he says reflects his own opinions, not other people's. He makes use of strong, extremist words only to get people's attention. I can't stand such people. Alan Mcgee's comments are crap, bull****. I would advise him to listen to 'Grace Kelly' and 'We are golden', because Mika is not what he thinks he is, he is golden. Full stop.

This is quite clearly someone who's crappy little Sex Pistols rip off punk band never got a record deal.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, bitterness and jealousy does awful things to people in the end.

Alan who???! I had to search on the web to know who he is... "He is a music industry executive and musician whose records were not commercial hits, and with his escalating drug use" Here's a quote from Wikipedia. So this person is a nobody. What he says reflects his own opinions, not other people's. He makes use of strong, extremist words only to get people's attention. I can't stand such people. Alan Mcgee's comments are crap, bull****. I would advise him to listen to 'Grace Kelly' and 'We are golden', because Mika is not what he thinks he is, he is golden. Full stop.

This is quite clearly someone who's crappy little Sex Pistols rip off punk band never got a record deal.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, bitterness and jealousy does awful things to people in the end.

Very well said. The guy is a jealous nobody. Let's move on now.

i agree with most of it (but for mika of course....) :teehee:

I think I agree with about half of it. :naughty:

Alan McGee was founder of Creation Records (Oasis' label). Sadly he is under the impression that he knows everything about everything in terms of music...

Well that explains everything. :roftl:

I guess no one told him that Oasis falls under the exact same category as Coldplay. Other bands did it first and did it far better.

I think the 1990s were also the worst era for music, not the past few years. The fact that Oasis was on top says it all. Just regurgitated rip-offs everywhere you look. I retreated to club music because at least it's fun and enjoyable even if it's not original either.

Then they would have been remembered for their good music (that copied the Beatles btw). :cool:

:fisch:

this is terrible but not nearly as bad as the article about how he should be tied to a furnace and beat to death since that didn't happen when he was a baby!

Agreed. :sad: :shocked:I remember of these comments, especially on You Tube and on the PH website,including some American forums. But this statement only reveals how mean person that man/producer is than it could seriously harm Mika IMO.

The former Creation Records boss believes that The Brits should be axed altogether, Macca should retire and he'd rather eat someone else's earwax than listen to Coldplay.

Casting his eye over the nominees for this year's Brit Awards, he blasted to the Daily Record: ”They should get rid of the Brits and start again with 20 music journalists who actually care about music.

“If this is what the British music industry has to offer, we should close down the recording studios now because it is so sad. It has never been worse apart from the 1950s but at least then they had Elvis.”

Asked for his thoughts about the nomination for Coldplay's 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head' in the Best Album of the Past 30 Years category, McGee moaned: “Coldplay are a dilution of a dilution of a dilution. Chris Martin makes me want to eat someone else’s earwax rather than listen to his record.”

Continuing his rant, he said of Sir Paul McCartney: “John Lennon is probably firing bullets from another dimension as we speak. Just give in Paul. Can’t he and people like him retire.

“Music should be like football. Once you turn 40 you should become a manager or get lost.”

However, he did reserve some kind words for some Brit nominees, adding: “Calvin (Harris) is cool and I love Muse.. I think Robbie Williams latest stuff is quality pop music, though it is not my thing. He makes good pop.

Lily Allen is a good pop star. But Pixie Lott, I mean, for God’s sake. Mika should have been shot at birth, and while we’re at it, we should shoot JLS.”

source:http://www.gigwise.com/news/54332/Alan-McGee-Gives-Coldplay-Paul-McCartney-Mika-and-The-Brits-A-Good-Kicking

Well, he's obviously just a hater, not an expert. He offers only his sarcastic statements about some musicians without any valid arguments. Why are Lily Allen or Robbie good pop stars and Mika is not according to this genius? No real answer. Rubbish.:gun2::mad3:

... funny! just funny! because ive never read something so ridiculous. that reminds me those facebook groups like "for everybody who wants Mika to shut his mouth" etc... at first i felt quite angry but in fact i didnt care much because that's just so childish. those critics are unwarranted. And perhaps he's jealous! or so stupid that he cannot recongnize the talent of a real artist.

Very well said. The guy is a jealous nobody. Let's move on now.

Totally agree with you. :thumb_yello: That's why I didn't bother posting it when I ran across it yesterday. :shun:

I guess no one told him that Oasis falls under the exact same category as Coldplay. Other bands did it first and did it far better.

I think the 1990s were also the worst era for music, not the past few years. The fact that Oasis was on top says it all. Just regurgitated rip-offs everywhere you look. I retreated to club music because at least it's fun and enjoyable even if it's not original either.

Amen, sistah. :naughty:

... funny! just funny! because ive never read something so ridiculous. that reminds me those facebook groups like "for everybody who wants Mika to shut his mouth" etc... at first i felt quite angry but in fact i didnt care much because that's just so childish. those critics are unwarranted. And perhaps he's jealous! or so stupid that he cannot recongnize the talent of a real artist.

OMG, those facebook groups! How pathetic! One said something about how Mika should die and the picture was of Mika and a grand piano above his head. I reported it :teehee:

The guy is a jealous nobody. Let's move on now.

Whilst I fully I agree with you, let me just make one more point concerning his comment he made on Robbie and answer Vanessa:

What the hell ?He likes Robbie's music but not Mika's :shocked:this is strange :roftl:

You know why? Because Robbie's album was produced by Trevor Horn, a respected name in the music industry. The songs themselves sound just like the ones on any other Robbie Williams album (with the exception of Rudebox that was c**p) but he is obviously blinded by something.... :cool:

So, now let's see how Alan McGee rated Robbie Williams back in 2006:

http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=11329

"London, Nov 30 (IANS) Music mogul Alan McGee has called British singer Robbie Williams 'a crime against music', saying he was single-handedly destroying the British music industry.

McGee is surprised by Williams' fame and how well he was doing against other singers like Elton John and George Michael, reports contactmusic.com.

He says: 'These people are brilliant, world class musical talents. Robbie's just a showbiz chancer. It's people like him who are destroying British pop culture.

'He has one percent of Mick Jagger's talent. He's the post 9/11 feel good factor. He doesn't mean anything. He's utterly vacant. To me, Robbie is a crime against music'".

:blink: Very Unprofessional. :shocked:How dare he say that about My Mika!

Whilst I fully I agree with you, let me just make one more point concerning his comment he made on Robbie and answer Vanessa:

You know why? Because Robbie's album was produced by Trevor Horn, a respected name in the music industry. The songs themselves sound just like the ones on any other Robbie Williams album (with the exception of Rudebox that was c**p) but he is obviously blinded by something.... :cool:

So, now let's see how Alan McGee rated Robbie Williams back in 2006:

http://www.india-forums.com/news/article.asp?id=11329

"London, Nov 30 (IANS) Music mogul Alan McGee has called British singer Robbie Williams 'a crime against music', saying he was single-handedly destroying the British music industry.

McGee is surprised by Williams' fame and how well he was doing against other singers like Elton John and George Michael, reports contactmusic.com.

He says: 'These people are brilliant, world class musical talents. Robbie's just a showbiz chancer. It's people like him who are destroying British pop culture.

'He has one percent of Mick Jagger's talent. He's the post 9/11 feel good factor. He doesn't mean anything. He's utterly vacant. To me, Robbie is a crime against music'".

So this guy is blantantly a dumbasse??? I mean he's pretty narrowminded but he wants something more, something very sly: to show us how some musicians "destroying British pop culture". Very manipulative and dangereous.:naughty:

Archived