Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if they danced to BG Jamie (surely they did?) but the only vid's of Lollipop- which also has snazzy drumming

I just saw it!! OMG!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally freakin out Praying he does it in US and if it is hard to find BG in NYC or Philly I'll do it.

Yes, it was hard to get a BG's in Philly.

I still can't believe they wore masks.

At first I didn't knew what the big deal was about the masks (since I didn't want to see videos and all :naughty:), but I just saw the lollipop one to see what the big deal was... Jeez! Those aren't masks! Those are... giant head like things! I think I wouldn't feel comfortable at all with such a thing on! :shocked: I'd even feel a bit 'claustrophobic'... not to mention I think it would be kinda impossible whilst wearing glasses :sneaky2: So maybe that's the end of my 'wanting to be a bg on stage'-dream.

That being said, I do think it looks pretty cool tho.

I still can't believe they wore masks.

you haven't watched the video? it's a mexican day of the dead parade - especially the part before love today. it's more like gray skellys in LG and BG outfits than LGs and BGs with masks. :wink2:

At first I didn't knew what the big deal was about the masks (since I didn't want to see videos and all :naughty:), but I just saw the lollipop one to see what the big deal was... Jeez! Those aren't masks! Those are... giant head like things! I think I wouldn't feel comfortable at all with such a thing on! :shocked: I'd even feel a bit 'claustrophobic'... not to mention I think it would be kinda impossible whilst wearing glasses :sneaky2: So maybe that's the end of my 'wanting to be a bg on stage'-dream.

That being said, I do think it looks pretty cool tho.

So, they're not masks, more like a head? Like a costume character head?

Fail. I'm not wearing that.

you haven't watched the video? it's a mexican day of the dead parade - especially the part before love today. it's more like gray skellys in LG and BG outfits than LGs and BGs with masks. :wink2s

Still fail :aah:

Yup, it really looks like ... well a huge giant head instead of your own :roftl: Hair and everything :naughty:

Like the billy brown dudes in PDP? Yep, forget it. What's the point in being a character if you can't use your own face to be expressive?

I know I'm probably being a killjoy here, and I'm happy for those that got to rock it on stage with Mika, but ... no. I know I said I wanted to be lollipop girl, but not like that.

So, they're not masks, more like a head? Like a costume character head?

Fail. I'm not wearing that.

Still fail :aah:

it's fab, wait til you see it. :biggrin2: but yes, maybe they should add that info, that the LGs won't be the cute little dancers like they used to be, but have a bit of a different role. :bleh:

i'll go for it. :biggrin2: just the slight possibility that mika might actually be dancing with me (like he did with the BGs in dublin) is enough to make me want to do it. :naughty: but then, i think i might be not petite enough for being a LG, and especially have too big feet for the LG shoes, i'd be surprised if they had them in my size... :fisch: but maybe i can just go on stage in my gray skelly costume, that would be alright with me too. :naughty:

it's fab, wait til you see it. :biggrin2: but yes, maybe they should add that info, that the LGs won't be the cute little dancers like they used to be, but have a bit of a different role. :bleh:

i'll go for it. :biggrin2: just the slight possibility that mika might actually be dancing with me (like he did with the BGs in dublin) is enough to make me want to do it. :naughty: but then, i think i might be not petite enough for being a LG, and especially have too big feet for the LG shoes, i'd be surprised if they had them in my size... :fisch: but maybe i can just go on stage in my gray skelly costume, that would be alright with me too. :naughty:

To be honest I'm a bit claustrophobic and the head's probably way too big for me, not to mention probably heavy. So what do they actually do exactly? I don't see why Team Mika didn't put this in the email...I think it's a pretty important thing to mention. I'd rather be disappointed now than at the actual gig :aah:

Me: YAYYY IM GONNA BE LOLLIPOP GIRL! I'LL HAVE A PINK DRESS AND PINK SHOES AND SHORT BLONDE HAIR--

Mika: And you'll be wearing a MAAAAASK!

Me: .......What?

Mika: Yeah it's amazing! *plonks mask on head* Now we can't see your face! Huzzah!

Me: ....Can I cry now please?

To be honest I'm a bit claustrophobic and the head's probably way too big for me, not to mention probably heavy. So what do they actually do exactly? I don't see why Team Mika didn't put this in the email...I think it's a pretty important thing to mention. I'd rather be disappointed now than at the actual gig :aah:

Me: YAYYY IM GONNA BE LOLLIPOP GIRL! I'LL HAVE A PINK DRESS AND PINK SHOES AND SHORT BLONDE HAIR--

Mika: And you'll be wearing a MAAAAASK!

Me: .......What?

Mika: Yeah it's amazing! *plonks mask on head* Now we can't see your face! Huzzah!

Me: ....Can I cry now please?

Oh Caz I don't see why you're being so fussy, he can plonk anything on me he likes. :roftl:

have you tried performing in one of those? It's bad enough in a mask, let alone a costume character head.

I'm messing around, purely so I could make a joke about plonking. I totally get your disappointment. :wink2:

I'm messing around, purely so I could make a joke about plonking. I totally get your disappointment. :wink2:

Good lol :aah: I know I might sound like I'm being a diva, but seriously, I'm not gonna get dressed in *that* just so I can dance with Mika. As much as I love him, but that's something I won't do. I won't perform behind a mask. (I think I'm taking this way too seriously :roftl: but hey. Tis what I feel.)

Good lol :aah: I know I might sound like I'm being a diva, but seriously, I'm not gonna get dressed in *that* just so I can dance with Mika. As much as I love him, but that's something I won't do. I won't perform behind a mask. (I think I'm taking this way too seriously :roftl: but hey. Tis what I feel.)

Hahaha tbh it makes me feel better about doing it cos if I fall over I can just say 'oh no that was one of the others, I'm wearing the yellow corset!' :roftl::roftl:

Hahaha tbh it makes me feel better about doing it cos if I fall over I can just say 'oh no that was one of the others, I'm wearing the yellow corset!' :roftl::roftl:

LOLZ. I suppose that's an upside (though my height might give it away...:aah:)

But seriously. If I were a Lollipop Girl I'd want to use expression, you can't do that when wearing some massive head. Pssh. Whatever.

I came back from Dublin a few hours ago....uploading some pics and vids, so I can also share them, even if maybe I'm a bit late :naughty::wink2:

I don't know if I'll be able to write a proper report..but the first thing I want to say is: FOR ME THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :wub2:

The concert was amazing...it's the third time that I have the chance to see him live and the emotion is always incredible.

It was great. I can't believe it was just last night, I'm so happy and nostalgic...I can't erase his voice from my mind...

There was an incredibly powerful and positive feeling in the theatre, everybody felt it I think.

The porformance was great...you could feel the confidence between Mika and the band and I think it was important for the kind of show he brought on the stage.

I loved his voice During I See You..it was perfect :biggrin2:

Apart from a few funny accidents, the show was very professional and entertaining...The illustrations and the references to the album on the background were awesome!

Any Other World (I didn't expect him to sing it in the new tour) was really moving, just perfect.

OMG I'm writing too much :naughty: Stop me :naughty:

The M&G was good, I made him sign my birthday card...I can't explain how much that meant to me :)

I'm overwhelmed by a big number of emotions and my hands are shaking as I write..I think I need to sleep, but I'm hyper and I feel lost :naughty:

I really enjoyed this Mika-trip, I'll never forget it :)

And now....can't wait for the london gig! :biggrin2:

:wub2: that great

LOLZ. I suppose that's an upside (though my height might give it away...:aah:)

But seriously. If I were a Lollipop Girl I'd want to use expression, you can't do that when wearing some massive head. Pssh. Whatever.

Maybe you should communicate your feelings through expressive dance?