Reports/Pics/Videos - Olympia, Dublin, Ireland Feb 15 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of halfway through my report now (in Word)...it's already 3 pages long:teehee:

I didn't even get to the Lollipop song yet!!!:blush-anim-cl:

Hi again :wub2: I quess I'm going to take a look at the vids in the meanwhile then,o my,three pages all ready:naughty: Have to say it again,Big Girl you're beautifull!! You really did a great job,I'm proud of you! :thumb_yello:

:aah: Post the first part Bianca! I'm anxious to read it!

Ok, hold on...

Hi again :wub2: I quess I'm going to take a look at the vids in the meanwhile then,o my,three pages all ready:naughty: Have to say it again,Big Girl you're beautifull!! You really did a great job,I'm proud of you! :thumb_yello:

Hiiii :wub2: twas amazing, wasnt it!

Yes well, I think I'm about to start the 4th page...:teehee: so much to tell and I'm sure things will come up after I posted it.

Awww that's so sweet....I felt beautiful for a bit and was actually HAPPY for once to be big...so that I was able to do this...:wub2: And thank you for letting me do this...omg amazing!!!

Ok next is a first part then!

Ok, here is my report 

On Sunday I went together with Shady and later on also with Blue (she was on the same plane) to DUBLIN!

I LOVE Dublin and this was a dream coming true, to see MIKA there in my most fav city in the World <3

We arrived at the Dublin airport with 1 hour delay, because the plane was frozen in the Netherlands, they had to put some gel on it, to make the frost go away. Straaaange stuff haha.

So when we arrived at the airport, I immediately rang the hostel to make sure, that the people who were arriving, would know about the delay.

Then we got to the hostel and there already were 2 MFCers…Tauruslady (good to have met you again!!!!!) and another MFCer who I can NOT remember the name from. Sorry girl… :$ loved meeting you too! Lovely people you all are. Seriously!

Outside the hostel we met up with Ruth and…Vicky, I think your name was? *I’m a mess with names…sorryyy!!*

Later on also Blue arrived, as she was staying at another hostel and checked in there first.

We chatted for a while and it was so nice to see familiar faces again and meet other ones.

At about midnight we called it a night and all went to bed. Shady and I had 2 terrible roommates, who complained that we got in, while they were asleep. That’s what happens if you stay in a room for 10 people…geez.

Anyway. We got up on Monday at about 7am. Got some food at the store and got in the queue at about 9:30am. The weather was quite nice, however a bit chilly.

Been chatting to a lot of MFCers and it was awesome! Had such a great time while queueing. Thank you all sooo soooo much.

Before the gig, when I was at home, I read about the search for BG’s and LG’s and I REALLY wanted to do that. However I was with Shady and I couldn’t leave her behind just like that…

So…when I heard about the masks I was like: no, I’m NOT doing it…but still the idea that I could actually beo n stage with Meeks … kept going through my head. I talked to Rose and she said she could help Shady, so that I could go to volunteer for BG.

Somewhere during the day John came to the queue to say hi. I asked him about the masks and YES we would have to wear them. But at that point I was more worried about the NOT seeing the gig, because that was something else I heard and read…but he was certain we could see the show for a fair bit. I know I might have had a bit too many demands, but I was there for a gig…not to be only on stage…and John said to just show up at the stage door and we would see then.

I thought about it after and thought, that I found it a bit too foreward, to just show up at that door, to volunteer…dunno, just dumb me I think. So I said (as people were persuiding me into going through with this), that if John would come up to us all and ask us, while we were in the queue, I would come with him.

And so he did. He showed up, before 6pm and asked if anyone wanted to be BG or LG…so I jumped up and came with him! Was nice to see Tauruslady too, as I met her last year already, so it felt a bit comfortable to have someone there who I met before and share this amazing experience with.

They needed 12 BG’s, but we only had 4. Might have been for the best, as the stage was REALLY small fort hat amount of BG’s.

I forgot to give Shady her ticket for the gig, I had it with me, but just in time she luckily realised and called me back! SORRYYYY for forgetting!!!

We got to go backstage with John and we got a small instruction from Yasmin and Mika’s mum (and from John). I said to John I wouldn’t be up for this, if we weren’t allowed to see part of the show and he made SURE we would be able to see the show from the audience, if I was ok with seeing only half of it. OFCOURSE I was!!!It seemed like John understood.

We got some backstage bracelets, so that we could go into the audience during the gig (get near front row) and get backstage again.

Then we fitted the masks and we walked up on stage to rehearse, where to my surprise MIKA himself was the one who was going to instruct us on the moves and all!! I really thought someone else would do that for him! Nice nice nice <3 !!!

I think we rehearsed for at least half an hour. It didn’t feel weird or awkward to be there with him. He was relaxed and had patience. He even gave us compliments. Felt awesome!

During those rehearsals I thought: o what the heck, I wouldn’t have minded NOW, if I missed the whole gig…this whole rehearsing with Mika himself makes up for that all!And I realised how LUCKY we were, to have BOTH!

Then Mika explained, during rehearsing, that the thing we were doing, with marching, was the march of the dead (Mexico?). Which explains the masks and I was feeling good with the masks (as I also had my doubts about the mask-wearing).

O and during rehearsing Mika asked me to wiggle my bum when I was on, during Lollipop (the finale)….HAHAHAHA he couldn’t have known I never dance whahahahahahaha so that was quite funny. I always said: the only one that can make me dance is Mika…. Ok, what I did wasnt dancing, but it’s more than having a beer and a chat at the bar, standing still, doing nothing… LOL

O yeah and then we tried the lollipop-bit and all of a sudden there was this bass guitar player, standing next to me and we both shimmied XD we had a great laugh there and he said to keep it in for the show. I had NO idea who that bass player was…as I didn’t know Mikey wasn’t in the band anymore (I know, bad fan!!)….

So backstage I asked who the heck this guy was and they told me it was Jimmy…the new bass player…OMG he looks gorgeous!!AND he is crazy hahaha

After all that, it was time to get dressed and we went to the dressing rooms. I got lost a bit,…ended up at Mika’s dressing room… :$ sorry Meeks…but in the end I got where I needed to be.

Mika’s mum helped us getting our suits and strapped the BG’s in…very TIGHT I must say…I was really hanging in the corset…twas a bit too big at the top part…but as I really was up for it now: NO GIVING UP XD

During getting dressed, I rang Shady, to make sure she was ok and in good hands, because I really felt guilty for leaving her behind…if she said she wasn’t ok, I would have gone back. But she said she was ok and taken care of. Thankfully haha.

Then we went to another room and we got ready. We had to put a coat on top of our outfits and we could go into the crowd. We looked where the MFCers were and went there. I was 2nd row, behind Rose and Shady, for the first half of the show. HOTDAMMIT MIKA was on FIRE!!! AMAZING show!! Took some pictures, but then a bit after I took a video of Big Girl, my battery died…wanted to give my camera to Rose, so that she could take videos of the parts where we had to get on stage…no use 

I think it might have been best, as I wouldnt have had my camera for the picture from Mika and me together actually…

After Touches You, we all went backstage again, to get our masks on and get ready for the first bit.

I was quite relaxed for the first bit, as that was quite well rehearsed. It went ok-ish. I got something wrong and I didn’t walk like a dead person long enough to the backstagedoors…. 

Then we all could watch the rest of the show from on stage, at the side of the soundman. That was awesome!!! At one point, Mika came behind the curtains, really close to me and I took my chance to finally drool a bit over him…which I’d better not have done, as I sooo missed that we were called to get our masks on again, so that Yasmin had to come and get me and SEE how I was drooling over her brother. OMG FAILLL!!! LOL

So there me and Tauruslady were…ready to go on stage and dance a bit. That’s when I felt my nerves kicking in. I DO NOT dance…and NOW I would…in front of an audience…HAHAHA

JUST before going on stage, Yasmin whispered in my ear, to show my bum to the audience O.o OMG OMG OMG…I had to twirl a few times! LOL but adrenaline was kicking in too, so I didn’t care anymore, I went for it LOL

And then it was time to get on stage!

This … was … the … best …!!!!!!!OMGGGGGG!!!

I NEVER EVER expected Mika would actually dance with me, the way he did! And as he was in front of me, against me, I though: o what the heck GO FOR IT GIRL, and put my hands on his shoulders. Mind you, I couldnt see much, but I DID see a white coat and hear him sing. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!Naughty little boy he was!!!

And then all of a sudden after the “rehearsed” shimmy-ing bit, ,…I had Jimmy laying there…on his knees…right next to me, watching me and playing that bass. XD XD XD and then I thought again: o whatever!Aaand tried to dance a bit above him XD as far as was possible with those huge masks on.

I really had a BLAST on stage. No stage fright, nothing, just REALLY having fun (as Mika asked to have)! Totally went with it all, for my feeling. I can’t dance, but I really put everything in there, that I could do.

I saw a bit of the audience from behind my mask, but really you can’t see much with that thing on hahaha. If you are claustrophobic: dont do it! But John said that too.

Awesome to be part of the bowing-bit too! Mika on one side, Jimmy on the other side…HAPPY TIMES!!

I got so so so so soooo much more than I ever hoped for or dreamed of….!!!WOWWW!

And then to think, I was done with going to gigs, because of the cancellations and moving dates…but gaahhhh he totally made up for all of that in Dublin!!! He got a fan back! Totally in love again!

O, right before the gig, Mika came up to us and crossed his fingers to say Good Luck to us (he indeed doesn’t speak right before the gig!). So nice of him!

After the gig he came up to us to give us a big thumbs up and tell us we were amazing! He is sooooo nice!!!

I was totally out of breath, but on a cloud and buzzing!!!

Then we got dressed and I asked John if it was possible to get a picture with Mika, but he wasnt sure, as Mika his throat wasnt very well. But he said, to stick backstage for a bit, or go to some particular room, to wait for him.

In the meanwhile the other 2 girls couldnt get in and I got a call from Shady to make sure they could get back in again. I asked John to get them back in again and he wanted to grab 2 backstage passes for them, but then they already got back in. Thankfully!

So, we got to the room and waited and talked a bit about the effing amazing show.

After a while John got downstairs to the room, to thank us for waiting and that Mika was coming to us in 2 mins. I said thank you to John, for bringing him to us. He had to laugh a bit.

Now we know Mika-minutes…so after a bit again, John came to us all (there were more people in there, were they winners of some sort of contest?Everyone had a picture of Mika, except for us LG’s and BG’s) to tell that we could meet Mika at his dressing room. So we went there.

Biekje... you realise your report made me reconsider? If they ask for BG/LG for the Lisbon gig, I think I WILL go for it! :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Now seriously, loved the report! :thumb_yello: I'm happy you had such a great night! :wub2:

Then we all could watch the rest of the show from on stage, at the side of the soundman. That was awesome!!! At one point, Mika came behind the curtains, really close to me and I took my chance to finally drool a bit over him…which I’d better not have done, as I sooo missed that we were called to get our masks on again, so that Yasmin had to come and get me and SEE how I was drooling over her brother. OMG FAILLL!!! LOL

So there me and Tauruslady were…ready to go on stage and dance a bit. That’s when I felt my nerves kicking in. I DO NOT dance…and NOW I would…in front of an audience…HAHAHA

JUST before going on stage, Yasmin whispered in my ear, to show my bum to the audience O.o OMG OMG OMG…I had to twirl a few times! LOL but adrenaline was kicking in too, so I didn’t care anymore, I went for it LOL

And then it was time to get on stage!

This … was … the … best …!!!!!!!OMGGGGGG!!!

I NEVER EVER expected Mika would actually dance with me, the way he did! And as he was in front of me, against me, I though: o what the heck GO FOR IT GIRL, and put my hands on his shoulders. Mind you, I couldnt see much, but I DID see a white coat and hear him sing. OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!Naughty little boy he was!!!

And then all of a sudden after the “rehearsed” shimmy-ing bit, ,…I had Jimmy laying there…on his knees…right next to me, watching me and playing that bass. XD XD XD and then I thought again: o whatever!Aaand tried to dance a bit above him XD as far as was possible with those huge masks on.

I really had a BLAST on stage. No stage fright, nothing, just REALLY having fun (as Mika asked to have)! Totally went with it all, for my feeling. I can’t dance, but I really put everything in there, that I could do.

I saw a bit of the audience from behind my mask, but really you can’t see much with that thing on hahaha. If you are claustrophobic: dont do it! But John said that too.

Awesome to be part of the bowing-bit too! Mika on one side, Jimmy on the other side…HAPPY TIMES!!

I got so so so so soooo much more than I ever hoped for or dreamed of….!!!WOWWW!

And then to think, I was done with going to gigs, because of the cancellations and moving dates…but gaahhhh he totally made up for all of that in Dublin!!! He got a fan back! Totally in love again!

O, right before the gig, Mika came up to us and crossed his fingers to say Good Luck to us (he indeed doesn’t speak right before the gig!). So nice of him!

After the gig he came up to us to give us a big thumbs up and tell us we were amazing! He is sooooo nice!!!

I was totally out of breath, but on a cloud and buzzing!!!

Then we got dressed and I asked John if it was possible to get a picture with Mika, but he wasnt sure, as Mika his throat wasnt very well. But he said, to stick backstage for a bit, or go to some particular room, to wait for him.

In the meanwhile the other 2 girls couldnt get in and I got a call from Shady to make sure they could get back in again. I asked John to get them back in again and he wanted to grab 2 backstage passes for them, but then they already got back in. Thankfully!

So, we got to the room and waited and talked a bit about the effing amazing show.

After a while John got downstairs to the room, to thank us for waiting and that Mika was coming to us in 2 mins. I said thank you to John, for bringing him to us. He had to laugh a bit.

Now we know Mika-minutes…so after a bit again, John came to us all (there were more people in there, were they winners of some sort of contest?Everyone had a picture of Mika, except for us LG’s and BG’s) to tell that we could meet Mika at his dressing room. So we went there.

I'm so happy for you :huglove:

Biekje... you realise your report made me reconsider? If they ask for BG/LG for the Lisbon gig, I think I WILL go for it! :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Now seriously, loved the report! :thumb_yello: I'm happy you had such a great night! :wub2:

Go for it!

So would I consider it .... if I wasn't a completel scaredy cat ... but oh ... it does sound a hell of an experience ... and I really would like one of those ... Drat ... being shy :(

:aah:

You'll be wearing a huge mask, you'll be anonymous to the audience. :naughty:

Biekje... you realise your report made me reconsider? If they ask for BG/LG for the Lisbon gig, I think I WILL go for it! :blush-anim

Now seriously, loved the report! :thumb_yell I'm happy you had such a great night! ub2:

This is why Im making it so detailed! Please reconsider, its an experience to NEVER forget!!!

So would I consider it .... if I wasn't a completel scaredy cat ... but oh ... it does sound a hell of an experience ... and I really would like one of those ... Drat ... being shy :

:a:

See above ;)

==

I am near completing my report :lol:

Sounds amazing Biekje. Thz for the report :flowers2:

Needed 12 BG's? :shocked:

Yeah, dont know why, the stage was SO small!!

I WILL go for it in London! :pbjt:

YESSSS GOOOO!!!!!!!!

YAY! :boing:

Don't forget the complete report, including all the sordid details! :teehee::aah:

What is "sordid"?

I suddenly realised, I took a copy of The Boy Who Knew To Much, to get it signed…so I took it out of my bag, ready to get it signed.

And he did. He asked my name, said sorry for him not remembering my name (awwww he’s soooo cute!!!) and wrote: To Bianca xxx Mika <3

*faint*

And then I got my picture with him…LOVE IT!!!

After that I saw someone with those pictures from Mika and asked if I could maybe have a copy and she said that they usually werent free, but that we now could have one… :D YAYYY!!!

Now it was time to say goodbye and leave the venue 

We met up with the other MFCers outside, but as soon as Mika came out, I stepped back, as I already had a picture and signature and I was walking on clouds…!

We knew that Mika wasn’t feeling well and its amazing, that he took the time for us and for everyone else who was waiting outside. He is so amazingly sweet for his fans! O RIGHT! We also got coffee, hot chocolate or tea while queueing!!!!SOOOO NICEEEE!!!! <3 who can say that his or her favorite (or 2nd favorite, or whatever XD) artist did this for the fans?! WOW!!!

Really, I know I said I didnt want to go to his shows anymore, after the cancellations and the moving dates thing, but he sooooo made up for it this night!!! (didnt I say that already somewhere in my report, earlier on?).

I totally got THE feeling back…!

So we stayed at the venue outside for a bit, everyone was thirsty, so we decided to go to mac donalds to drink a bit and eat. I wasnt feeling very well, didn’t drink much during the day, as my corset was really tight…

It was nice to be together for a bit after the gig. Twas a nice group of MFCers. Also while queueing!!!Awesome!

And then at about 3 am I think it was (?) we all went back to our hotels/hostels to get some sleep…RIGHHHHTTTT!! I was on such a high, that I wasn’t able to sleep. I might have caught 3 hours of sleep, but very restless.

The next day we were going to meet up with Rose, for a bit of sightseeing in Dublin. Twas Shady’s first time in Dublin, so we showed her around a bit. She’s seen quite a lot, for a first time in 1 day, I think!

When we got back, it was almost 8pm, so we got some fizzy drinks and some crisps and went back to the hostel to meet up with Blue, to watch the Brits Awards.

We were a bit disappointed that Mika didn’t win and that we didn’t see Mika at all and that Mika blew a gig for NOTHING, untill a tweet came in, that apparently Mika was announcing something!

Twas nice to see him again 

And during the Brits awards, I tweeted Jimmy, thanking him for getting on his knees for me hahahaha and he tweeted back! LOL He’s a sucker for women in corsets :floor: lovely!!!

NICE NICE NICE!

O, right, Shady and I changed rooms, because the guys were being evil to us on the second night again!

Anyway, we got back to bed way too late again, but this night I did get some sleep :D yayyy!!

Got up at about 8:30am and got dressed, packed the bag and left to get some stuff from the supermarket. On our way to the supermarket, we ran into Rose and she decided to come with us, have a drink and then all go to the airport together to hang out there for a bit. So we did.

Later on we met Blue again, as she also had the same flight back. I’m glad you are getting The Feeling too, of Dublin, Ireland… ;) hahaha

And I think now I must say: helll this is a happy ending!!! I’m totally back in love again! Will never forget this!

A BIG Thank You to the MFCers, Mika, Mika’s band, John, Mika’s mum and sister and everyone else that I met there! WOW you all made my time in Dublin VERY VERY VERY special!!! *hug*

xxx

:shocked:

Hopelijk mocht ik alles opschrijven, wat ik nu opgeschreven heb...:boxed::blink:

Vast wel. :biggrin2:

I don't think you mentioned things that are supposed to be a secret.

Now I've read your report, I'd better go to bed. I'll have some sweet dreams :teehee:.

:bye: