Mika for Coca-Cola: The Happiness Bottle

Droopsy

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw when that coke bottle contest was still online, i tried an own design just for fun, wanted to post it here but forgot... but here it is now. :naughty:

wl3s6u.jpg

unfortunately i only saw in the end that you could change the colour of the objects :doh: anyway, i like my upside down world, lol! :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...
Has this video already been posted?

Tks Ysa!

Mika about Happiness Bottle

A tiny bit was posted in the gig thread, but not the whole thing, I guess. Thanks for posting it! :thumb_yello:

Tks Ysa!

This is the first time I've seen the whole thing! Thanks so much for posting mari62 :wub2:

Thank you mari62! :flowers2:

I enjoyed listening to Mika talking about his coke bottle! (I got it last week through mail! :woot_jump: )

That's great! I love looking at my bottle. The illustration is so detailed and fun:pinkbow:

Tks Ysa!

Translation:

Mika: Hi I'm Mika. I'm here with my sister Yasmine and we will explain the Happiness Bottle project version Mika. We'll also explain the visual things on the bottle and why i decided to do this project, Happiness Bottle and all the charitable side to it and our collaboration with "Maison des adolescents"(House of teenagers) and "Hôpitaux de Paris"(Paris Hospitals) "Hôpitaux de France"(France Hospitals).

I said yes to Coca-Cola for this project because i thought the "Club Coke" brand and the collaborations they did before mine were very creative. I liked the idea of creating something very visual, illustrated, colorful, with alot of imagination in collaboration with such an iconic brand.

I looked at this project like an opportunity to do something visually very pop. And because it was part of the brand "Club Coke", which is inside the big Coca-Cola brand, it made me feel more comfortable in this project.

My sister and I got the inspiration from Japaneese psychedelic posters from the '60s. I'm always writting songs thats have this euphoric or happy feeling, but that also have hard or sad or realistic lyrics. It's this mix between hard lyrics and happy music. That's what i wanted to represent here. It's this whole world that i created with my sister for me and for my shows and erm..

Yasmine: we added..

Mika: we added a few things.

Yasmine: we added characters

Mika: and this very "design" side to it. And honestly Yasmine, i think the few colors we used is the secret of this bottle, it's why it's working. There's not too many colors. It's not just an illustration. It has this very "design" side to it. And honestly, when we draw something like this, it's a very "pop product". In pop products, we have to limit ourselves to the number of things we want to use. And limiting ourselves with only a few colors really helped us.

When i said yes to Coca-Cola for this project, one of the condition that i had, and i was very clear about this since the beggining, was that i wanted to have a charity side attached to it. So i said: ok, i'll draw this bottle, but all the money that they would pay me will go to a charity. So I chose "Hôpitaux de France" and "Hôpitaux de Paris" and particulary their "Maison des adolescents" project.

This charity side for me was the most important of all. Of course, visually its important, but without the charity side, it wouldnt be the same project. My sister and I wouldnt have put so much effort in it if we didnt know that it would make a difference somewhere.

Translation:

Mika: Hi I'm Mika. I'm here with my sister Yasmine and we will explain the Happiness Bottle project version Mika. We'll also explain the visual things on the bottle and why i decided to do this project, Happiness Bottle and all the charitable side to it and our collaboration with "Maison des adolescents"(House of teenagers) and "Hôpitaux de Paris"(Paris Hospitals) "Hôpitaux de France"(France Hospitals).

I said yes to Coca-Cola for this project because i thought the "Club Coke" brand and the collaborations they did before mine were very creative. I liked the idea of creating something very visual, illustrated, colorful, with alot of imagination in collaboration with such an iconic brand.

I looked at this project like an opportunity to do something visually very pop. And because it was part of the brand "Club Coke", which is inside the big Coca-Cola brand, it made me feel more comfortable in this project.

My sister and I got the inspiration from Japaneese psychedelic posters from the '60s. I'm always writting songs thats have this euphoric or happy feeling, but that also have hard or sad or realistic lyrics. It's this mix between hard lyrics and happy music. That's what i wanted to represent here. It's this whole world that i created with my sister for me and for my shows and erm..

Yasmine: we added..

Mika: we added a few things.

Yasmine: we added characters

Mika: and this very "design" side to it. And honestly Yasmine, i think the few colors we used is the secret of this bottle, it's why it's working. There's not too many colors. It's not just an illustration. It has this very "design" side to it. And honestly, when we draw something like this, it's a very "pop product". In pop products, we have to limit ourselves to the number of things we want to use. And limiting ourselves with only a few colors really helped us.

When i said yes to Coca-Cola for this project, one of the condition that i had, and i was very clear about this since the beggining, was that i wanted to have a charity side attached to it. So i said: ok, i'll draw this bottle, but all the money that they would pay me will go to a charity. So I chose "Hôpitaux de France" and "Hôpitaux de Paris" and particulary their "Maison des adolescents" project.

This charity side for me was the most important of all. Of course, visually its important, but without the charity side, it wouldnt be the same project. My sister and I wouldnt have put so much effort in it if we didnt know that it would make a difference somewhere.

:bow::bow::bow: Thank you very very much Roxane!

Tks Ysa!

I really enoyed listening to him explaining how this project was made. Now I wanna learn more about the Japanese posters of the 60s.

t4p Marina:flowers2:

and i just love how he says happiness bottle with a french accent:biggrin2:

youre all welcome, its my pleasure!!!:wub2:
Your name is written with one "N", isn't it?

I think I wrote it wrong :biggrin2:

and i just love how he says happiness bottle with a french accent:biggrin2:
haha :wub2:

haha :wub2:

usually he doent have a french accent when he says english word while speaking french. it was so cool to hear happiness bottle in a way that only the french would pronounce it:wub2:

usually he doent have a french accent when he says english word while speaking french. it was so cool to hear happiness bottle in a way that only the french would pronounce it:wub2:
i recall him pronouncing English words with a French accent from time to time :wub2:

in which interview?

Unfortunately I can't find the video anymore but there was a short French interview on the Orange website back in Autumn, where he was presenting We Are Golden, and he said 'We are Golden' with a very stressed French accent, and it made himself laugh, saying 'Even that I say in French, I'm an idiot' Ahah it made me laugh so much I watched it a thousand times back then.He does that quite often actually, just like in Parc des Princes 'Voilà l'histoire de mon ami Billy Brown' :wub2:

Archived