REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ the Apollo, Manchester: 19-FEB-2010

Marilyn Mastin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

short and sweet..kinda like me! :roftl:

THIS SHOW: IT IS AWESOME!, TRUELY SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!

as some will know I kinda lost my MIKA MOJO and wasn't excited about these shows...it is now back ...and I wish I could do them ALL!

I was looking after a friends little girl and we were in the circle 5 rows from the front.

It seemed like I was the only person there who knew who Erik Hassle was ...so I was selling him well!.. as I love, love Erik. He rawks! AND HIS CD IS OUT ON MONDAY...called 'PIECES' ...BUY IT!!!!!! Make him a star too!

.....then when the MIKA show started ..WOW! from the first moment it is just so artistically inspiring!

With being higher up meant we saw the notebook more than I expect you see it being close up near the stage. It was hard to take everything in (..I am so pleased I am doing a few shows!) The backdrop, the new M dance moves, the bin drumming, Cherisse's hair, Imma's dancing and vocals, Martin..always a fav in my book :wink2:, Jimmy's trumpet lol, and Dave's key playing all were just marvellous..I sound all fangurly but I can't help it. MIKA sang like it was his last ever show..was just out of this world. He is looking too thin tho!

I was only one singing and waving etc. in the seats where we were :shocked: everyone infront??? ...I think they were there to see Shakespeare they never even clapped along????..there were a few behind who stood up but we were told we couldn't before the show started :dunno:

Love Today came on and everyone stood and the floor was bouncing!... we didn't want the show to end.

The meeting was weird as nobody knew what or where he was coming from but managed to get a 'Hello' and my Rain CD signed :wub2:

What I will say is IF YOU BY THE COUNTERFEIT MERCH OUTSIDE THE VENUE DON'T INSULT MIKA AND ASK HIM TO SIGN IT!....as he won't some young people were kicking off as he was signing other things but why would he sign fake goods when HIS are on sale inside? Yeah they are cheaper but they ARE NOT OFFICIAL!

The whole night was fab. I was with some amazing people and Mini Me was a pleasure to look after. Thanks Guys! :thumb_yello:

FAB! FAB! FAB!

Thanks MIKA for bringing my Mojo back!

I am back home now and ready for a long sleep with my kitty cat who is curled up snoring so I better join her ...zzzz...

Roll on NEWCASTLE!!!..my next show! :biggrin2:

:biggrin2:MikaMika Mika ka ka ka ka

Manchester 2 years on:mf_lustslow:, a totally OUTSTANDING Performance....The Stage/Artwork fabulous, the voice too good for this earth, the moves totally scream energy and happiness, the music :band:including trumpet playing gave me rushes of goosebumps.

The atmosphere, electric, the crowd enthralled, interacting, feeling you were the only person with him in this wonderfully intimate venue.

The fans, dissappointed me though as at previous times dressed to kill:lg: fancy dress, totally let the side down, apart from couple of schoolgirls and us 3 ladies who where Sequinned from head to toe! When attending Mika's gig's I feel like I am going to a party, that's the intimate feel I get, so as I would never go to a party in a Parker!!! I dress to impress. Please guys in the future DRESS UP for the only guy out there today who DESERVES the respect, as his tailoring is divine.

I don't want to give too much away as Mika's :wub2::wub2: performances become more Cabaret .....totally adored it all.....Mika's show is no longer just a music/dance gig but has escalated to a ***** Stage Show, :thumb_yello:GO GET YOUR TICKET NOW.:thumb_yello:........I'm going to try save and catch it again

We could'nt come down from our Mika high .... so went onto Cabaret Bar :drinks_wine: Birdcage to dance the night away, we had the best evening ever and I am still reeling with happiness, with aching feet, dreaming of Mika now I'm back home in Liverpool.

Mika Makes Me HAPPY :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Just one last thing to say, devastated never picked up emails this week as was away, would have been proud to share the stage with such beautiful, talented artist - as a proud size 20!!!

Anyway Much Love Mika Fans x x x x x x x x x

What I will say is IF YOU BY THE COUNTERFEIT MERCH OUTSIDE THE VENUE DON'T INSULT MIKA AND ASK HIM TO SIGN IT!....as he won't some young people were kicking off as he was signing other things but why would he sign fake goods when HIS are on sale inside? Yeah they are cheaper but they ARE NOT OFFICIAL!

Hmmm, I don't blame him. He gives away enough of himself as it is. Someone needs to police this better because the fans probably don't realize.

Hello I went to mika's show last night with support worker doreen I wore rabbit ears had great time really enjoyed myself so did doreen and she never been to his shows she had heard his songs when I have them now she likes some of his music I think mika brillant he kind and polite has the lovest eyes ever he remembered met me before when I said met him before said he know I was all hyper while waiting for mika to come out I went abit shy when came to me didnt know what say apart from met him before got my poster signed and gave him my drawing of my supported living flat and the other tenants flats and pics of my 2 tabby kittens alfie and tilly and giraffe wooden model I painted and turtle money box ornment hope he liked my drawing n pics of my kittens who else went the manchester show last night

jazzy .. your videos are stunning and the quality :wub2:

Desperately trying not to watch so its fresh .. ish tommorow :roftl:

Save yourself! Though I confess I didn't have the will power to save myself between Belfast and Sheffield, but I didn't do TOO badly.

Gah I don't think I've watched any videos or looked at any pics yet from either of the gigs. I've just got up from a 4 hour nap. :aah:

I've been trying to write a little report all flipping day but Real Life keeps getting in the way!! Grrrr!! :naughty:

Well, what can I say? this was my fourth time seeing Mika and each time has been a totally different vibe, which is why I will always come back for more, even though I can't do as many gigs as I would like to in an ideal world..

SO....I queued with ewokwicket from 5pm knowing we wouldn't be front row but would still be fairly close to the front, and to be honest it was just too cold to queue any longer without contracting hypothermia!!:shocked: We spoke to or at least said hello to various other MFCers, it was really nice to see familiar faces :biggrin2:. As ever, I was struck by the diversity of the people queuing up: from squeeing fangirly nine-year-olds to teenagers of both sexes, to students, to middle aged people *ahem* and way beyond, Mika really does have a varied fanbase, which is great to see.:wink2:

As for the show, I was very impressed with the visuals..the giant notebook thing is a great backdrop and helps to tell the story of the songs without ever detracting or distracting too much from Mika himself. The band looked great, I loved David's bit at the beginning, somebody please give this poor guy more credit :boxed:..thanks! Mika himself looked relaxed, confident and so assured on stage, less frenetic than I have seen him in the past but still with that incredible energy that just radiates from him and fills the whole venue...I've said it before and I'll say it again, the man oozes star quality and magnetism and anyone who can't see that needs to go to Specsavers...IMHO :naughty: His voice sounded great, and the show was well paced too. Loved his Dr John coat, thought the puppet was a bit creepy (but it kind of worked in a warped Tim Burtonish way!!) and I liked the twist on the Big Girl/Lollipop girl thing, though I am very glad I didn't volunteer to be one :naughty:.

The M&G afterwards was a very slipshod affair, it was a case of enny meeny miney mo as to which door he was going to come out of, in the end it was slightly comical! When he did come out, he was a little rushed but as pleasant as ever, I managed to get another autograph to replace the one I ruined :boxed:..it did descend into a bit of a scrum at the end, but I think most people left satisfied. It is a shame though that some fans can't control themselves a bit more when they are around him, but in a way I think it comes with the territory and will always be thus. Sad to say, but human nature!

All in all a great night out, well worth the aching legs, cramped feet and back and frozen extremities. I had a lovely time with Karen (ewokwicket) who has become a really good friend, and it was fab to see some familiar faces from the MFC (you all know who you are, I won't name names as I will only miss someone out!). Can't wait for the next tour!

:biggrin2:Mika

The fans, dissappointed me though as at previous times dressed to kill:lg: fancy dress, totally let the side down, apart from couple of schoolgirls and us 3 ladies who where Sequinned from head to toe! When attending Mika's gig's I feel like I am going to a party, that's the intimate feel I get, so as I would never go to a party in a Parker!!! I dress to impress. Please guys in the future DRESS UP for the only guy out there today who DESERVES the respect, as his tailoring is divine.

Dressing up is so 2007 though. I think those that want to dress up, knock yourself out, but I never have and never will.

In fact Mika himself told us in late 2007 that he wasn't bothered about the dressing up.

I think he's pretty happy to see people turn up and enjoy themselves. But what do I know?

loved the show my favorite new songs he performed was we are golden,good gone girl,rain,dr john and old favarites always big girls, lolilpop girl,grace kelly

Dressing up is so 2007 though. I think those that want to dress up, knock yourself out, but I never have and never will.

In fact Mika himself told us in late 2007 that he wasn't bothered about the dressing up.

I think he's pretty happy to see people turn up and enjoy themselves. But what do I know?

:roftl: His exact words were: "when the Hoosiers are asking their fans to dress up in fancy dress, you know it's time to move on" :naughty:

Is that a good squish or a bad squish?

Good squish! Fan girl squish!

Aaaah can't believe after I said about how he always looks at me with contempt that he was grinning at me from the stage last night. :fangurl:

And I still can't get over how cute Sasha was.

"Don't cry!!!" :roftl:

Could I just say that some of us cannot afford to dress up ... it's a money issue ..... fancy dress is not exactly cheap - and to be honest ... I'd rather show my appreciation by going to as many gigs as I can ... doesn't mean I don't respect him ... it's just not a high priority to me ... I won't be going in fancy dress in Amsterdam .... will I be letting the side down ... I doubt it ... the fact is I've never come close to being interested enough in an artist to go abroad to see them ... that speaks volumes for me ... and not how I dress - Oh and I'll probably we wearing a Parker for this tour ... mainly cos' it's February and abit cold :biggrin2:

Could I just say that some of us cannot afford to dress up ... it's a money issue ..... fancy dress is not exactly cheap - and to be honest ... I'd rather show my appreciation by going to as many gigs as I can ... doesn't mean I don't respect him ... it's just not a high priority to me ... I won't be going in fancy dress in Amsterdam .... will I be letting the side down ... I doubt it ... the fact is I've never come close to being interested enough in an artist to go abroad to see them ... that speaks volumes for me ... and not how I dress - Oh and I'll probably we wearing a Parker for this tour ... mainly cos' it's February and abit cold :biggrin2:

Yeah, I'll be in my coat and my scarf/hood type thing with jeans and boots, no dressing up for me. Besides, unless EVERYONE is doing it you look like a nobhedd. It's like a Del Boy and Rodney thing, turning up as Batman and Robin when everyone else is in normal clothes...yeah. But I'd be up for it if it was a big thing where everyone was doing it, because it'd be really fun, but doing it for every gig when there's only one or two other doing it, and it's really cold is just mehhhhhh.

Mika himself looked relaxed, confident and so assured on stage, less frenetic than I have seen him in the past but still with that incredible energy that just radiates from him and fills the whole venue...

I am glad you enjoyed the show, especially that you don't get to see him too often:thumb_yello:

The band looked great, I loved David's bit at the beginning, somebody please give this poor guy more credit :boxed:..thanks!

:roftl:

I personally have nothing against David, except that he once wrote on his myspace page that the highlight of his career was to have been on stage with Take That :blink:I mean, I don't really think that this should be any musician's ultimate dream come true, but it's up to him, really. :dunno:

Otherwise, he is fine and sometimes I feel sorry for him for being dismissed a bit compared to the other members of the band:teehee: It is great Mika gave him a part at the beginning so that he can have his moment.:biggrin2:

I wouldn't dress up, either. We all enjoy ourselves in different ways. The golden hat at the Blackpool gig was a great idea and I would have worn it, of course, if I had been there. However, I never liked or felt comfortable dressing up and for me it would completely ruin the experience at a concert.

I didn't realise you were there, girl!

Missed you, I would've said hello!

Hi yes I was there with support worker Doreen I had rabbit ears on was abit excitable and hype messing about sayig hurry mika I want go pub

for wkd was brillant meeting mika again when told him met him before he say he know I gave him drawing of my suppported flat and the other tenants which are houses slipt in to flats and photos of my 2 kittens and giraffe model I painted, the turtle ornment hope he likes my drawing and photos of my 9 wk old tabby Alfie and 6mth old tabby Tilly I normally chatterbox but didnt know what say to mika other than met him before toke my breath away abit seeing him right in front me he got most loveist eyes ever and lovely voice