Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bought it !!! :D,

just a quick question, with "I See You" being a B-Side, does this mean that "I See You" won't be released as a single in the future ??? if so i find that very sad as i think "I See You" is one the strongest songs and it would be great as a single !!!

all my friends who are NOT Mika fans love this song and so does my Brother (and he's quite hard to impress), my mother loves it !!!, i've never known such a postive reaction to a song, that's not even in the charts ??? ... well at the moment:rolls_eyes:)

bought it !!! :D,

just a quick question, with "I See You" being a B-Side, does this mean that "I See You" won't be released as a single in the future ??? if so i find that very sad as i think "I See You" is one the strongest songs and it would be great as a single !!!

all my friends who are NOT Mika fans love this song and so does my Brother (and he's quite hard to impress), my mother loves it !!!, i've never known such a postive reaction to a song, that's not even in the charts ??? ... well at the moment:rolls_eyes:)

I love the song too. I think it deserved to be an A-Side really, and now it won't be, but I hope the people who download the single to hear Kick-Ass will be very pleasantly surprised by I See You, which is one of Mika's best EVER songs! But without some decent airplay, neither song is going to get into the top of the charts, and that is tragic imo.

I love the song too. I think it deserved to be an A-Side really, and now it won't be, but I hope the people who download the single to hear Kick-Ass will be very pleasantly surprised by I See You, which is one of Mika's best EVER songs! But without some decent airplay, neither song is going to get into the top of the charts, and that is tragic imo.

Oh my ... I love your siggy poem thing :wub2:

Well I don't post pictures or snips of vids on my siggy because I've never figured out how to do that, so I do what I'm good at, writing poetry.

It's lovely :thumb_yello:

It's lovely :thumb_yello:

Glad you like it.

I've had an idea, and it's thanks to John Alan's post. I See You is one of the most beautiful songs of all time. I've just gone onto a couple of I See You vids on YT, and posted that the song is on the Kick-Ass EP single and is available NOW, to download. I say we all should do the same on the ISY vids, because ISY is a song that has wide appeal and the KA vids arn't up on YT anyway, so that's my idea. We HAVE TO get Mika's single up in the charts!!!

*Goes to post idea on the KA support thread*

I'd love to buy Kick Ass as a CD. I could buy it as an MP3 if it was available from somewhere other than iTunes, but iTunes just won't install on my PC (long story).

I'd love to know who comes up with these marketing strategies.

:rocket:

nice to know i helped !!! :), loving your idea Marilyn !!! :thumb_yello:, i'll get to work on those I See You vid's !!! lol, we need to get this song out there !!!

There are a couple on ebay, but they're so over-priced :shocked:

thanx for directing me to ebay! :bow: i didn't think of that! used to buy stuff via ebay all the time a few years ago, but haven't used it for ages now. it's fab that you can get mika's singles as cd's on there! just bought a copy of kick ass, and one of BIOTG. :wub2: especially love the biotg one, it's just a one-track-single, but it's much cheaper than the version with the remixes, and it includes mika's cover artwork, that's in fact what i want!! :fangurl:

of course i downloaded KA as well, so far on 2 websites, and will do it on itunes as well, as soon as i've installed the new itunes version (mine is ca. 3 years old i think... :blush-anim-cl:) - does anyone know if it helps KA for the charts too if i download ISY and BIOTG from the single, and the KA videoclip? did that on the amazon website, as i wanted the BIOTG live version, but not on the other site.

finally went to see the movie kick ass today, with a friend, in the afternoon... there were only 5 people at the cinema altogether, and in the end when mika's song came on, it was just me and my friend left. but at least she said that she liked kick ass more than any of the other mika songs she knows. :biggrin2: couldn't convince her (yet) to buy the single though. :teehee: but she said she might buy the soundtrack, as she likes many other songs of the movie as well.

quite enjoyed watching the movie, would've thought it'd be worse regarding how much blood you see... you always see it for just one nanosecond if people get killed, so it's ok - it's almost a bit like "hot shots" (i think it was in hot shots part 2 where it said at one point "bloodiest movie of all times!" :naughty:), not as silly, but still the brutality is brought across in a kinda funny, ironic way. don't think it'll become one of my fave movies, and won't watch it again at the cinema, but it was nice to watch once. :thumb_yello: and it was really fab to hear mika at the end of it, so proud of our boy to hear him as part of a hollywood movie in a big cinema! :wub2:

nice to know i helped !!! :), loving your idea Marilyn !!! :thumb_yello:, i'll get to work on those I See You vid's !!! lol, we need to get this song out there !!!

I've posted on some more ICU vids and will go back to post on more. I'm so grateful that you mentioned it, because we've been so concerned with the Kick-Ass song we have overlooked that little gem that is on there. It sonds wonderful too on the EP. We just have to let people know it's on the single.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L70UR2/ref=dm_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1273756168&sr=301-2

Really strange. I only found it on Amazon...

Is there anybody who can upload the whole song? I really ike to hear the whole song:aah:

bad cover version. :boxed: i definitely prefer the original! :aah: though i guess it's a compliment if it gets covered... :rolls_eyes:

Nice, but I also looked Mika singing "Grace Kelly" on helium. Childish or not I couldn't stop laughing... He really makes every nonsens

One of my Youtube Favourites.:naughty:

But how came "Grace Kelly on Helium" now to you mind?:teehee:

bad cover version. :boxed: i definitely prefer the original! :aah: though i guess it's a compliment if it gets covered... :rolls_eyes:

It reminds me a bit of an opera:biggrin2:

I mean this "to an open stream" part...:aah:

I prefer this cover version:

just listened to the 30 minutes itunes conversation between mika and matthew vaughn, that's really sweet, was worth buying the soundtrack (a 2nd time :naughty:). has the content of it been mentioned on here yet? it was new to me that mika originally wanted to become a writer of film music at the age of ca. 14, but thought it wasn't possible because he couldn't read/write music. and they talk a bit bout american civil war music and agree that they both like it, and mika sings a bit of "yankee doodle" - to the melody of glory hallelujah though, LOL! :naughty: i must admit it's easy to mix up all those civil war songs though. :teehee: and mika tells the detailled story of how he got asked to write the song - was just a coincidence that he did it with redone, because at that time when they asked him, he had booked studio time together with redone, and so they decided to do this song together. wonder what song it would've become if it hadn't been the KA one...

and he also said that he has turned down lots of offers already for writing music for movies, because he didn't like the story of the movie. and that in the KA movie he noticed that all the art was destroyed in the final fight scene. :lmfao: funny, i didn't even notice that there was any art there - or at least not that it was destroyed. :naughty:

I still cant get over how poorly Kick Ass has done here in England:( i mean its a great song! all my friends that i have shown love it! Ive tried help promoting it! I even hacked my colleges computer system to try and get it to play on every screen :naughty: its just not fair especially looking at the top ten today there is little talent in there in my opinion why cant more people support Mika!

I made my own cover of Kick ass i saw people tlaking about covers a few pages back hehe i think i can post a link here? Well we shall see :blush-anim-cl: here it is

Up Prince Mika :Dxx