Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

I still cant get over how poorly Kick Ass has done here in England:( i mean its a great song! all my friends that i have shown love it! Ive tried help promoting it! I even hacked my colleges computer system to try and get it to play on every screen :naughty: its just not fair especially looking at the top ten today there is little talent in there in my opinion why cant more people support Mika!

I made my own cover of Kick ass i saw people tlaking about covers a few pages back hehe i think i can post a link here? Well we shall see :blush-anim-cl: here it is

Up Prince Mika :Dxx

i know what you mean. i really wish it did well inthe uk

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what you mean. i really wish it did well inthe uk

Yeah i just dont understand why its not! I had radio one on the other day and the amount of durge thats on that these days! They need Mika on that station every day!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zAIcCZ6mCc kick ass cover:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

I had a dream he done a colabaration with the scissor sister lol! :Dxx

Yeah i just dont understand why its not! I had radio one on the other day and the amount of durge thats on that these days! They need Mika on that station every day!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zAIcCZ6mCc kick ass cover:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

I had a dream he done a colabaration with the scissor sister lol! :Dxx

haha cool:thumb_yello:

Alas, Kick Ass is not even in the Top 100 this week. That actually makes it his worse performing single in the UK.

And yet non-Mika fans liked it, and even sites like Popjustice and Yahoo Music tipped it as a hit.

Go figure :dunno:

Alas, Kick Ass is not even in the Top 100 this week. That actually makes it his worse performing single in the UK.

And yet non-Mika fans liked it, and even sites like Popjustice and Yahoo Music tipped it as a hit.

Go figure :dunno:

:doh:

just listened to the 30 minutes itunes conversation between mika and matthew vaughn, that's really sweet, was worth buying the soundtrack (a 2nd time :naughty:). has the content of it been mentioned on here yet? . :naughty:

Yeah- I raved, then Tiibet raved- but no-one took any notice. There's not a lot of new information, but I think just hearing him talking so enthusiasticly, and how he interacts with MV is more revealing- think it's just on the iTunes verson.

Oh, man, I was weeping openly for all of that art :tears:

I kept thinking "cheap copies, cheap copies, it's only cheap copies, they wouldn't do that to originals, cheap copies, cheap copies," and it still made me cry.

I'm going to buy the graphic novel as a present for myself too, but that's just because I'm a great big geek and enjoyed the story enough to want to see how it was executed in the comic. :blush-anim-cl:

So glad Mika was a part of this because I might have missed out because of my anti-movie sentiments of late. Yay, Mika! :wub2:

The Damien Hirst's were real! They didn't actually machine gun those though- just bashed them up a bit as he wanted them back.

I got the graphic novel too- it's great- and the "making of" book, for that matter (which is very lightweight, as you'd expect, but does say why some of the changes between the comic and the film were made- though I didn't actually get round to seeing the movie in the cinema- I'll have to wait for the dvd

I still cant get over how poorly Kick Ass has done here in England:( i mean its a great song! all my friends that i have shown love it! Ive tried help promoting it! I even hacked my colleges computer system to try and get it to play on every screen :naughty: its just not fair especially looking at the top ten today there is little talent in there in my opinion why cant more people support Mika!

I made my own cover of Kick ass i saw people tlaking about covers a few pages back hehe i think i can post a link here? Well we shall see :blush-anim-cl: here it is

It's because the radio stations (apart from Radio 2) didn't play it. In this country a pop musician really needs Radio 1, as that seems to be the station that all others take their cues from. I'm sure if KA had had even half the attention that Cheryl Cole gets on Radio 1, it would have been a huge hit!

It's the Radio 1 big weekend this week on TV. Am I watching it? Am I heck-as-like! They can @#+%?&$!

it didn't do well here eithre.. but of course, I do unfortanetly live in the US. where as our radio stations spend 95% of there time playing that rap/hip-hop stuff.. :sneaky2:

I've said something, they emailed me back but, I lost the email.. deleted it on my blackberry.. :aah:

it was something like:

We are a top 40 station that plays hits we can't just bring a song off of the strett and instantly play it,we are sorry about that. but, you can request, and if we get enough requests.. from enough diffrent people, we will consider playing it, but we can't give it full airplay unless is is in the top40.. we play Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, and Train.. they are simliar to the artist you mentioned, please continue listening to us.

YEAH RIGHT!

i read yesterday that an estimated 95% (!) of the music worldwide is illegally downloaded. :sad: i wouldn't have thought it was THAT much! now, that could be a reason why the song doesn't do too well although everyone likes it. :aah:

and yes, the radio stations too, i really don't get why they don't play it. :sneaky2:

i read yesterday that an estimated 95% (!) of the music worldwide is illegally downloaded. :sad: i wouldn't have thought it was THAT much! now, that could be a reason why the song doesn't do too well although everyone likes it. :aah:

and yes, the radio stations too, i really don't get why they don't play it. :sneaky2:

yeah it's sad..

:sad: Kick A*s is SO MUCH BETTER than the crap that gets played here, I only like some of the artists played here...

I still have hope... Cheryl Cole isn't played here either.. nothing gets played here.. :aah: Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Train litterally ARE the only mainstream artist i listen to.. :aah:

yeah it's sad..

:sad: Kick A*s is SO MUCH BETTER than the crap that gets played here, I only like some of the artists played here...

I still have hope... Cheryl Cole isn't played here either.. nothing gets played here.. :aah: Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Train litterally ARE the only mainstream artist i listen to.. :aah:

Cheryl Cole is now doing stuff with Will I Am- you probably won't be saying that in a few months time

• 3 weeks later...

In italian Itunes Kick Ass album does not exists... and actually also the movie does not exist here.

Anyway recently in italian Itunes is avalaible the single of Kick Ass.

On the cover of the single is written Kick Ass by Mika and Red One, "label" 2010 Movie Favorites.

So i bought.

The arrangement is very similar but different, and also the choir with falsetto voice.

But the voice of M with "normal" deep voice (not falsetto: i can make it better... take a chance for me..) is different :shocked:

Maybe it is a fake. Or a remix so remixed that you can hardly recognize the voice :blink:

And there are a lot of oh oh oh oh oh oh.

So, a very bad version!!! :boxed:

For people with Itunes installed.

Go in Itunes store, select the italian flag in "Change Country" and go in italian store, search Kick Ass, click single from 2010 Movie Favorites, and then click "Anteprima".

All it is very odd. :blink:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L70UR2/ref=dm_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1273756168&sr=301-2

Really strange. I only found it on Amazon...

Is there anybody who can upload the whole song? I really ike to hear the whole song:aah:

This is the cover of the song i found in Italian Itunes.

But in the description is not written "tribute version"... so Itunes sell bad versions :aah:

Maybe even M will not have copyright royalties from my purchasing :sneaky2:

In italian Itunes Kick Ass album does not exists... and actually also the movie does not exist here.

On the cover of the single is written Kick Ass by Mika and Red One, "label" 2010 Movie Favorites.

So i bought.

The arrangement is very similar but different, and also the choir with falsetto voice.

But the voice of M with "normal" deep voice (not falsetto: i can make it better... take a chance for me..) is different :shocked:

Maybe it is a fake. Or a remix so remixed that you can hardly recognize the voice :blink:

Go in Itunes store, select the italian flag in "Change Country" and go in italian store, search Kick Ass, click single from 2010 Movie Favorites, and then click "Anteprima".

:blink: :blink: :blink: Is that even him?!? :boxed:

Kick-Ass was #2 last week at one of the most listened french radio in Montréal :biggrin2:

The single is not available in Canada and we can't download the song alone, just the Kick-Ass soundtrack....

It's all be handled very poorly imo. It's a crying shame!

What if he didn't really care about this song becoming an international hit? :boxed:

I know it sounds stupid, but he hasn't even been singing it during his latest shows. :dunno:

What if he didn't really care about this song becoming an international hit? :boxed:

I know it sounds stupid, but he hasn't even been singing it during his latest shows. :dunno:

well, no idea about international, but he definitely wanted it to do well in the uk, or he wouldn't have asked us to give feedback to radio one. but i also don't really understand why he never performed it live. :dunno: i think it might've helped the single if he had done it, instead of just playing it from cd after the show.

So i bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L70UR2/ref=dm_dp_trk1?ie=UTF8&qid=1273756168&sr=301-2

Really strange. I only found it on Amazon...

Is there anybody who can upload the whole song? I really ike to hear the whole song:aah:

This is the cover of the song i found in Italian Itunes.

But in the description is not written "tribute version"... so Itunes sell bad versions :aah:

Maybe even M will not have copyright royalties from my purchasing :sneaky2:

OMG :boxed::boxed:

I'm totally not surprise if he does not play this song live.

He actually does not sing even a lot of songs of the new album:

One foot boy (i dont care :mf_rosetinted:), By the time, and Pick Up the floor (and i'm so sad :crybaby:)

and also Loverboy :aah:

and he sang Lonely Alchoolic just twice in his life :blink:

Nobody can know how he choose songs for lives performance. :blink:

I'm totally not surprise if he does not play this song live.

He actually does not sing even a lot of songs of the new album:

One foot boy (i dont care :mf_rosetinted:), By the time, and Pick Up the floor (and i'm so sad :crybaby:)

and also Loverboy :aah:

and he sang Lonely Alchoolic just twice in his life :blink:

Nobody can know how he choose songs for lives performance. :blink:

But Kick-Ass has been released as a single in some countries. A single is supposed to become a popular song, therefore a song that will be performed at gigs. The songs you have mentioned were not meant to be singles, so it's not that weird that he doesn't sing them during the shows. :wink2: