REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol - MARCH 4 2010

guylainem123

Talking of long ramblings...he was like that at Birmingham eh?!

Rose, have you seen I've added my videos of your stage appearances to the Birmingham thread now? :thumb_yello:

Aww, thank you, I was wondering if anyone had videod them, cheers ;-)

Mika mentioned last night, while out talking to us, that the show would be changing a bit for Europe. No specifics, but keep your eyes open ;-)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161981&id=666671765&l=9015a73e0f my photos from last night

I have got BIOTG video being uploaded on youtube at the moment but its another couple of hours before it will be live. Will post the link later. Only managed to get one video last night, decided to not take too many pics either as just wanted to enjoy the concert and all the eye contact.

Report to follow, probably after lunch.

I need to hear about this :naughty:

He got several fits of hysterical giggles during the show, you know - his typical giggly laugh, which is quite infectious - and he set a lot of the people around me off too so we were all laughing! The rest of the audience probably thought he was completely bonkers! I do hope someone got it on video! :biggrin2:

He got several fits of hysterical giggles during the show, you know - his typical giggly laugh, which is quite infectious - and he set a lot of the people around me off too so we were all laughing! The rest of the audience probably thought he was completely bonkers! I do hope someone got it on video! :biggrin2:

Have to say, it set me off too, couldn't help but laugh.

Bless him:wub2:

FAB night!!! Mika was awesome as ever, Erik was great too. Mika did seem quite relaxed last night which was so nice to see.

M&G was ok, people crowded round him a bit but not much, I managed to get the set list from the stage at the end which he signed for me, but then I noticed he hadn't put any kisses on so cheeky as I am I got to the end of the line and asked him if I could have a kiss on it, he looked down at me and did that fantastic giggle at me and put a kiss on it, then looked at me again as I melted on the floor :naughty::wub2:

It was nice to FINALLY say hello to Laurel, who I keep missing at gigs :thumb_yello:

FAB night!!! Mika was awesome as ever, Erik was great too. Mika did seem quite relaxed last night which was so nice to see.

M&G was ok, people crowded round him a bit but not much, I managed to get the set list from the stage at the end which he signed for me, but then I noticed he hadn't put any kisses on so cheeky as I am I got to the end of the line and asked him if I could have a kiss on it, he looked down at me and did that fantastic giggle at me and put a kiss on it, then looked at me again as I melted on the floor :naughty::wub2:

It was nice to FINALLY say hello to Laurel, who I keep missing at gigs :thumb_yello:

I was surprised to see 3 on my ticket!

Glad you got a set list, got one in Dublin, which he signed.

Nice to see you, your mum and your auntie, did they have a great time?

It was a great gig - real party atmosphere. We were a bit worried as the audience seemed a bit subdued during Erik's set (though all the MFCers in the front row were pretty enthusiastic), but they really livened up when Mika came on.

But I ought to start at the beginning. :naughty:

It was a great gig - real party atmosphere. We were a bit worried as the audience seemed a bit subdued during Erik's set (though all the MFCers in the front row were pretty enthusiastic), but they really livened up when Mika came on.

But I ought to start at the beginning. :naughty:

:biggrin2:*waits for your report*

Colston Hall was an amazing venue, because the queue (at least for the early people) was indoors :shocked:, and there was a coffee bar, and plenty of toilets (very high-tech). This is how queuing should be :thumb_yello:.

We had decided at Hammersmith that it might be nice to say thanks to Mrs Penniman and Yasmine, so we arranged for flowers to be delivered for them both.

Mama P was really delighted and came out to say thank you to us, she said it was the first time she had been sent flowers (? :shocked:). (We saw her carrying them to the car after the gig).

And then Yasmine came out and said thanks too, so it was nice to have made them both so happy.

(:mf_rosetinted: We sent His Curliness some flowers too, otherwise he would only have whinged. :naughty:)

I was surprised to see 3 on my ticket!

Glad you got a set list, got one in Dublin, which he signed.

Nice to see you, your mum and your auntie, did they have a great time?

My auntie had some on her ticket!!! :sneaky2: I didn't want to be left out! :naughty: My set list is stuck on my fridge now :wub2:

It was great to see you and your van too Rose!! :naughty: My new bloke came to pick us up and he said he waved at me as he drove past but said I was looking up at the car park!!! :roftl::naughty:

Mum and Auntie had a great time, they were all fangirly going home in the car :naughty:

My auntie had some on her ticket!!! :sneaky2: I didn't want to be left out! :naughty: My set list is stuck on my fridge now :wub2:

It was great to see you and your van too Rose!! :naughty: My new bloke came to pick us up and he said he waved at me as he drove past but said I was looking up at the car park!!! :roftl::naughty:

Mum and Auntie had a great time, they were all fangirly going home in the car :naughty:

Ooops!

Sorry for distracting you:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Mika was in a very giggly mood - I think he set himself off by singing the wrong words to "Big Girl" :doh:

He almost disappeared behind the giant leg, which was drifting out over the audience, and climbed on top of the piano so that people could see him.

"Touches You" was just :mf_lustslow: as usual, and I thought the performance of "I See You" - minus smoke this time - was wonderful.

He didn't go for quite so many of the high notes during his songs, and maybe vocally it wasn't his best performance, but he was radiating so much energy it was just a big party :naughty:

I hope some people have videoed his little asides and ad libs, just too many to tell you about.

It was a great end to what has been an amazing tour.

Colston Hall was an amazing venue, because the queue (at least for the early people) was indoors :shocked:, and there was a coffee bar, and plenty of toilets (very high-tech). This is how queuing should be :thumb_yello:.

We had decided at Hammersmith that it might be nice to say thanks to Mrs Penniman and Yasmine, so we arranged for flowers to be delivered for them both.

Mama P was really delighted and came out to say thank you to us, she said it was the first time she had been sent flowers (? :shocked:). (We saw her carrying them to the car after the gig).

And then Yasmine came out and said thanks too, so it was nice to have made them both so happy.

(:mf_rosetinted: We sent His Curliness some flowers too, otherwise he would only have whinged. :naughty:)

Do we know if he said thanks?

He didn't mention them as far as I know, but he did take them home, didn't he? We saw John put them in the car.

Ah, those were his flowers!

Thought they were mums, as I hadn't seen her carry her's over to the car.

Ok heres my report - sorry if i miss anything out.

I got to the venue at about 12.30pm, and was delighted when i got a text from Jazzy a few mins before to say it was indoor queuing :thumb_yello: . Very civilised. Lovely venue, and I was no10 in the queue

I couldnt decide whether or not to go to be a big girl but when John came through at about 4.30 i decided to go for it - one of those split second decisions and i dont regret it for one minute.

There were 4 lollipop girls (3 of whom were in a band who had arranged to see John so they spent the time when not on stage back stage talking to him rather than watching the gig). And 5 big girls. There had been potentially another 2 but they couldnt get a head to fit Eva properly and one lady backed out as she felt uncomfortable with the head on/doing the dancing.

I met Droopsy and Katrien who were big girls with me, and they were both lovely :)

We went back stage and met Mrs P and Yasmine - we had to rehearse several times before being fitted as there were lots of stairs to get on the stage (in the dark) and they needed to know that we would be ok with them. Also they didnt want us to be too slow/spaced out as they needed us to finish on time. So we rehearsed a lot with our heads on and then went down to see Mrs P to be fitted.

I had a pink corset on, which was slightly too big, esp in the chest area but they needed the 2 smaller ones for the other 2 non MFC big girls. So i stuff my top down there to try to help :biggrin2:

Then we were taken back into the auditorium by John at 6.30 and he said we could stand front row as long as we left on time. he also said we would be able to go back in after our first dance, to watch the gig. I was really pleased as the one thing i had worried about, about being a big girl, was losing my front row spot (as i had queued from 12.30) and missing too much of the gig. So :thumb_yello:for John!

We got to watch Erik Hassle finish his sound check for 30mins before everyone else came in.

So had front row for the first half of the gig and Mika was amazing. Lots and lots and lots of eye contact :mf_lustslow: and he was on top form, lots of giggling and smiling. Decided not to take too many photos or videos as wanted to just enjoy being front row.

The actual zombie dance was a bit of a blur really, cant remember much of it as it was very dark, and i was worried about cocking it up! but it went ok. Nice to see it on the video above

Then we were allowed back in to see the rest and john arranged for us to go up on the balcony to watch until we were needed again. Imma saw us up there and kept waving to us when singing

We then went back ready for Lollipop - was hilarious to see Erik Hassles drummer in a BG outfit and snake around his neck. We were told where to stand on stage, so that we werent in the middle as thats where EH and his band needed to be. So we stayed to the side. But despite that, Mika danced with me 3 times :teehee: and gave the most amazing intense eye contact through my mask. I might even have stopped dancing at that point?! i dont know.... oh oh oh!

Then afterwards we went and got changed and we had a quick photo opportunity with Mika - he signed the drumstick he had thrown to me at Hammersmith on Sunday, and signed tickets etc for everyone else.

Wow! what an amazing night!

Cannot wait to see the pics of Lollipop (i know Jazzy has some - anyone else?) and any videos?

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

This is the review from the Bristol Evening Post

Mika's night has happy ending

Mika is a man who has got more than a sprinkling of magic to him when it comes to great music

From the moment the spotlight hit the black fabric screen and it dramatically fell revealing a white screen of striking, huge pencil sketches until he danced around the stage to his finale song Grace Kelly (:blink:), he demanded the full attention of the crowd.

Prancing around the stage in a grey jacket complete with tails, white shirt and skinny black trousers, he put his all in to an energetic performance.

He kicked off with a strong disco feel that was captured by a vast field of glowing mobiles and flashing cameras held aloft by fans.

Lustily singing Big Girl with cartoon lips and voluptuous images of women in basques floating on the screen behind him. he skipped alongside a 20ft long inflatable woman's leg floating in the air complete with giant polka dot stilettos.

He greeted the crowd with a shout of "Welcome to my night of infinite randomness". And with that comment he summed up his entire performance.

Quirky, brightly coloured bold cartoons flanked his performance as he lay on top of a piano kicking his legs in the air.

In a show packed with energy he attacked each of his songs with a huge sense of fun.

Any Other World and Happy Ending had a bit more of a reflective feel to them with a haunting mood. But overall it was a show that was about delight, light heartedness and putting a smile on the audience's face. His sheer enthusiasm was infectious. And the visuals were excellent - from silver sparkles falling from a glittering umbrella to gold confetti being fired across the stage - it was a colourful, lively performance.

Mika has such vocal ability and creative talent it was no wonder the show was a sellout. Its vibrant feel had the crowd singing and dancing with him. His fans walked out of the door with a substantial spring in their step.

9/10

Archived