REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol - MARCH 4 2010

guylainem123

I heard earlier and that really is a lovely gesture :wub2: , things like that make MFC and give us such a nice name :wub2:

Nice one Silver

:biggrin2:

Indeed ... just like to echo that ... Mrs P and Yasmine deserve them and more ... they've been so nice .... esp to those who've tried out for the whole BG experience ... they put you so at ease :wub2:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard earlier and that really is a lovely gesture :wub2: , things like that make MFC and give us such a nice name :wub2:

Nice one Silver

Yeah, me, Rose and Vicky were talking to Mrs P and Yasmine bounced over and said 'are you guys from the MFC?' and we said 'yeah' and she said 'thank you SO much for the flowers' and then had a little bit of a fangirl fit over them because she'd never gotten any before. It was really sweet.

Mrs P was super pleased too. Well done Silver!!!

I'm back and almost capable of writing my report (well, as capable as I'll ever be, so here goes..............

I won't bore you all with the details of our drive there, but it follow my usual pattern of getting lost during the rush hour and driving around in circles looking for the venue.

We finally got into the Colston Hall at about 5.45pm and the queue wasn't too bad, but it was frustrating not being able to say hello to all the MFC members at the front because the queue has separate parts due to the stairs. We spotted Rose immediately and waved up to her, I could just about see Babs and Laurel, but there didn't seem to be any MFC near us. The couple behind us in the queue had been to see Lady Gaga the night before, so they must have had an amazing 2 days.

When we got in we ran to the front and got second row, but I stood behind Rose and Vicky and they very kindly let Alice (aged 9) in between them. (Thank you both:wub2:, it was hugely appreciated). I thought that Eric Hassle was quite good, but I never really enjoy a support act much to be honest because I'm too impatient to see the man himself.

During the interval a lovely security bloke asked Alice if she'd like to be lifted over the barrier to get a better view! She bravely went over, where the rest of us could only dream of being and sat on the little bench the other side of the barrier. Then two other small girls about her age were lifted over too.

Up until this point the audience had been very subdued. Normally the atmosphere would be buzzing and we were worried that it was going to be a let down for Mika. I think that it was partly due to the fact that there was a very large seated area.

When he came on stage everything changed and suddenly it felt right. It was such a relief to hear the people at back enjoying it and making themselves heard.

I'm not sure which bit of the show I enjoyed the most. I loved Any Other World (mega swoon!), the sexy little Blue Eye dance he does and the drumming at the start of Lollipop, but I think that what really stood out for me was the way that he was relaxed and playful between songs. He messed around a lot being silly and giggly and making little jokes. When he was talking about having drunk too much Coca Cola he pointed directly at Alice and said “you know all about that”. I don't know if it was a reference to the fact that she was jumping and dancing like a mad thing or because I had to take her out to the toilet at one point!

I don't think I was imagining it (because Vicky mentioned it afterwards) but I swear that he was going all out for maximum eye contact whilst on stage. It was most disconcerting for and oldling like me who doesn't get out much!

At the end, the lovely security man gave Alice one of the giant balloons, which we managed to home without popping.

Finally, we went out the back of the venue and met up with other MFC (So glad to hear that it's only an eye infection Laurel!) and didn't have to wait too long to see Mika. I managed a quick hello and echoed Mikesbestfriends plea for him to visit Wales. I didn't dare ask for a photo because I don't want to impose and I always feel sorry that he feels obliged to spend time with us all afterwards. One day I might dare to ask!

The whole evening was absolutely brilliant and Alice and I drove back to Wales absolutely shattered but on a huge Mika high. :biggrin2:

Love it , so pleased Alice had fun :wub2:

Nice one Silver

I have to say that I was a bit wary about doing it "officially" from the MFC so didn't mention it on the cards that went with the flowers - but Mrs P and Yasmine were aware that the flowers had come from the MFC :naughty:

Indeed ... just like to echo that ... Mrs P and Yasmine deserve them and more ... they've been so nice .... esp to those who've tried out for the whole BG experience ... they put you so at ease :wub2:

Yeah, me, Rose and Vicky were talking to Mrs P and Yasmine bounced over and said 'are you guys from the MFC?' and we said 'yeah' and she said 'thank you SO much for the flowers' and then had a little bit of a fangirl fit over them because she'd never gotten any before. It was really sweet.

Mrs P was super pleased too. Well done Silver!!!

Really nice :wub2:

I have to say that I was a bit wary about doing it "officially" from the MFC so didn't mention it on the cards that went with the flowers - but Mrs P and Yasmine were aware that the flowers had come from the MFC :naughty:

Amazing , well done Silver :wub2:

I heard Yasmine was mega pleased :biggrin2:

Its great for the fanclub :biggrin2:

I thinks its a stunning thought

I wasn't offended when he insulted my artistry, it just meant that I got more attention from him and I'll never complain about that, hahaha. Still, at least I don't get his attention by being nasty or hypocritical, so that's all right

You know, Jazzy, I really wish that you hadn't said that.

It's hard to know what you mean by it, but it's nevertheless a dig at something or someone, and I can't help but feel that I have an inkling of what you are trying to say.

However, as it's such a passive-agressive type comment and you're not being upfront and straight forward, it's not possible to respond to, so I would kindly like to request that you either:

a-clarify and be direct, so that whoever you are addressing can respond adequately, or

b-just don't say anything.

In my books, this sort of 'general bad vibey' comment just constitutes sh!t stirring and gets us nowhere :pinkbow:.

To be honest, some people on this tour have been giving off more bad vibes than that. I'm not going to say anything more on it, but I think it's a shame when negativity is brought to such a great night and people start crying and stamping their feet over things. There are lots of people that do it and they make other people feel awkward which isn't nice.

If you felt it was a jibe at you, then think again. It wasn't. There are tonnes of people around, and tonnes of people piss me off when they try to throw their weight around and get nasty when they don't get their own way. I think some people need to grow up and get some manners, but hey ho, there we are.

I think this seems to be a difference in communication styles. Jazzy, if people are doing things in Real Life that you have a problem with - to the point where their actions have upset you enough to make you want to bring it up on MFC with references of being "nasty and hypocritical" or "crying and stamping their feet" - then maybe it's best if you PM those people directly and try to resolve the issue, rather than making generalized remarks.

The problem with generalized remarks is that they leave many people thinking "ouch, is she talking about me?" which does cast something of a negative tone on the thread. I know from experience that it's easy to get irritated by people in RL Mika situations, but when it comes back to MFC it's better to either talk to the person/people directly, or to just let it go. :thumb_yello:

I always find it interesting to know what people who've never seen Mika before think and when I waiting outside afterwards there was a teenage girls talking loudly into her phone.

You'll, have to imagine this with a strong Bristol accent:

"Oh my God (Emma, Katie, whatever), you just won't believe it, I've just had the most amazing time ever and I'm completely in love with Mika, he was so fantastic, he's so gorgeous and he can really sing and his clothes are great and I wanted to jump on stage and grab him............etc etc.

(I think she liked him)

I think this seems to be a difference in communication styles. Jazzy, if people are doing things in Real Life that you have a problem with - to the point where their actions have upset you enough to make you want to bring it up on MFC with references of being "nasty and hypocritical" or "crying and stamping their feet" - then maybe it's best if you PM those people directly and try to resolve the issue, rather than making generalized remarks.

The problem with generalized remarks is that they leave many people thinking "ouch, is she talking about me?" which does cast something of a negative tone on the thread. I know from experience that it's easy to get irritated by people in RL Mika situations, but when it comes back to MFC it's better to either talk to the person/people directly, or to just let it go. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I realise now I shouldn't have brought it up in the thread but at the same time, I tend to feel that if people recognise themselves in stuff like that then maybe they haven't got an incredibly clear conscience? Still, what's done is, done, I'll leave it now because I can't be arsed, but I guess it's one of those things I wanted to get off my chest after the end of a long two weeks of travelling and gigging. Never mind though.

I edited my post cos I saw afterwards why Sara might have thought it was about her, but it's got nothing to do with that, as I explained. There are more important things in the world to get irritated about.

Finally, we went out the back of the venue and met up with other MFC (So glad to hear that it's only an eye infection Laurel!) and didn't have to wait too long to see Mika. I managed a quick hello and echoed Mikesbestfriends plea for him to visit Wales. I didn't dare ask for a photo because I don't want to impose and I always feel sorry that he feels obliged to spend time with us all afterwards. One day I might dare to ask!

The whole evening was absolutely brilliant and Alice and I drove back to Wales absolutely shattered but on a huge Mika high. :biggrin2:

:blush-anim-cl: He didn't really react very well. What an awkward moment that was :roftl:

I always find it interesting to know what people who've never seen Mika before think and when I waiting outside afterwards there was a teenage girls talking loudly into her phone.

You'll, have to imagine this with a strong Bristol accent:

"Oh my God (Emma, Katie, whatever), you just won't believe it, I've just had the most amazing time ever and I'm completely in love with Mika, he was so fantastic, he's so gorgeous and he can really sing and his clothes are great and I wanted to jump on stage and grab him............etc etc.

(I think she liked him)

:mf_rosetinted: You think?

:blush-anim-cl: He didn't really react very well. What an awkward moment that was :roftl:

You're right! It's not the first time that I've said it to him, in fact I think that he's probably fed up of being nagged. I wish that I could think of something interesting or witty (or even appropriate!) to say but I always freeze and either can't say anything or say something rubbish that I later regret.

One day I'd like to retain the powers of thought and speech in his presence!

You're right! It's not the first time that I've said it to him, in fact I think that he's probably fed up of being nagged. I wish that I could think of something interesting or witty (or even appropriate!) to say but I always freeze and either can't say anything or say something rubbish that I later regret.

One day I'd like to retain the powers of thought and speech in his presence!

Not always easy :roftl:

Glad you and Alice had a fabby time. Sounds like a fantastic evening.:wub2:

I'm back and almost capable of writing my report (well, as capable as I'll ever be, so here goes..............

I won't bore you all with the details of our drive there, but it follow my usual pattern of getting lost during the rush hour and driving around in circles looking for the venue.

We finally got into the Colston Hall at about 5.45pm and the queue wasn't too bad, but it was frustrating not being able to say hello to all the MFC members at the front because the queue has separate parts due to the stairs. We spotted Rose immediately and waved up to her, I could just about see Babs and Laurel, but there didn't seem to be any MFC near us. The couple behind us in the queue had been to see Lady Gaga the night before, so they must have had an amazing 2 days.

When we got in we ran to the front and got second row, but I stood behind Rose and Vicky and they very kindly let Alice (aged 9) in between them. (Thank you both:wub2:, it was hugely appreciated). I thought that Eric Hassle was quite good, but I never really enjoy a support act much to be honest because I'm too impatient to see the man himself.

During the interval a lovely security bloke asked Alice if she'd like to be lifted over the barrier to get a better view! She bravely went over, where the rest of us could only dream of being and sat on the little bench the other side of the barrier. Then two other small girls about her age were lifted over too.

Up until this point the audience had been very subdued. Normally the atmosphere would be buzzing and we were worried that it was going to be a let down for Mika. I think that it was partly due to the fact that there was a very large seated area.

When he came on stage everything changed and suddenly it felt right. It was such a relief to hear the people at back enjoying it and making themselves heard.

I'm not sure which bit of the show I enjoyed the most. I loved Any Other World (mega swoon!), the sexy little Blue Eye dance he does and the drumming at the start of Lollipop, but I think that what really stood out for me was the way that he was relaxed and playful between songs. He messed around a lot being silly and giggly and making little jokes. When he was talking about having drunk too much Coca Cola he pointed directly at Alice and said “you know all about that”. I don't know if it was a reference to the fact that she was jumping and dancing like a mad thing or because I had to take her out to the toilet at one point!

I don't think I was imagining it (because Vicky mentioned it afterwards) but I swear that he was going all out for maximum eye contact whilst on stage. It was most disconcerting for and oldling like me who doesn't get out much!

At the end, the lovely security man gave Alice one of the giant balloons, which we managed to home without popping.

Delighted to read your review, meet you again and let way for little Alice!

So nice to see her enjoying the gig!!:wub2:

I never caught what he'd said to Alice but see now re the coke! probably assuming as she's a kid she likes coke?:naughty:

It was great the crowd rose to Mika casue at one point it seemed so quiet compared to other tour nights!! not once he bounced on tho:wub2:

Mika was palyful and happy and i even got some fake snow thrown on me at one point!:teehee:

Great end of UK tour gig and i've been so lucky to be at so many this time ....

Sharing the experiences with people is the best fun...

What did he say when you menioned Wales anyway?!!:sneaky2:

oh yeah i'm just remembering the big girl leg coming right over the barrier and us having to push it back ......firmly ...a lot!!! Were they pushing it on us or was the rope not working?:naughty:

lol

Mika was playing silly buggers and pushed it onto the crowd, hahaha.

Pics are up! http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad129/Lozzington/MIKA%20Bristol%2004032010/

This one is a particular favourite. :mf_rosetinted:

P1030184.jpg

Archived