REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ LKA Longhorn, Stuttgart Germany - March 30, 2010

lollipop_monkey

If.he.doesn't.do.ty.nor.ofb.at.lisbon.or.madrid.i'll.leave.the.forum.forever.

Ditto.

And.i.mean.it.penniman.

:pinkbow:

To be honest, I'm kinda thinking he won't. He was being all jokey and giving us vague answers. "Mika, what happened to One Foot Boy?" "Oh, he's too small, I lost him in the luggage." :insane:

Really I think either 1) He finds it really challenging to sing live because there's so much going on with that song - so many layers, or 2) He's traumatized from his experiences singing that song after his injury when he was a one foot boy himself. :naughty:

When we saw the setlist in Toronto it said One Foot Boy/Good Gone Girl, so it looks like he views those songs as a one-or-the-other situation. We didn't get Good Gone Girl at all on the 1955 Tour. I don't know what he's thinking though, those songs are both great, and both off the new album - y'know, the album he's meant to be supporting on this tour. :bleh:

Mika, I know you love your friend Billy but it's time to retire him in favour of the new music. :teehee:

:lmfao: So very true!

I'm not really into good gone girl, actually there are a lot of songs I'd be willing to sacrifice to hear ofb or pick up! :fisch::naughty:

Oh well, maybe, some day.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest, I'm kinda thinking he won't. He was being all jokey and giving us vague answers. "Mika, what happened to One Foot Boy?" "Oh, he's too small, I lost him in the luggage." :insane:

Really I think either 1) He finds it really challenging to sing live because there's so much going on with that song - so many layers, or 2) He's traumatized from his experiences singing that song after his injury when he was a one foot boy himself. :naughty:

When we saw the setlist in Toronto it said One Foot Boy/Good Gone Girl, so it looks like he views those songs as a one-or-the-other situation. We didn't get Good Gone Girl at all on the 1955 Tour. I don't know what he's thinking though, those songs are both great, and both off the new album - y'know, the album he's meant to be supporting on this tour. :bleh:

Mika, I know you love your friend Billy but it's time to retire him in favour of the new music. :teehee:

I know, I couldn't believe my eyes when he was saying that, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to say :lmao: Sometimes he really surprises me that way, even though I know that he's nuts, hahahaha :roftl:.

Unfortunately, I also got the vibe that he's not in a rush to do One Foot Boy again :sneaky2:, and I can't for the life of me understand why. It was SO excellent during the NA tour! It really is something else, so I will never get why he's not doing it.

Touches You is also another amazing song live, which people react to super positively even though they dont' know it, so I don't get the decision to not do that one either, if I'm honest. Sometimes I just don't get him :dunno: In any case, I'm really glad that he decided to bring Touches You after our little request . Even though he wailed: "It's never enough, is it?" :aah:

In any case, I'm really glad that he decided to bring Touches You after our little request . Even though he wailed: "It's never enough, is it?" :aah:

Poor pitiful popstar! Your fans loyally buy gig tickets and albums and all they ask is that you perform the songs from your current album on your current tour! Poor thing, how do you deal with such evil fans?! :no:

:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Poor pitiful popstar! Your fans loyally buy gig tickets and albums and all they ask is that you perform the songs from your current album on your current tour! Poor thing, how do you deal with such evil fans?! :no:

Well, that's why I don't take his moaning seriously :naughty:.

We're not asking him to sing a special edition of, hmm..say, Old Mc Donald Had a Farm giving it his Mika spin :dunno: All we're asking for is that he sings the current songs that he's supposedly touring for, it's not THAT much of a thing to ask for, is it now? :roftl:Plus, if he really didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have started singing it again the following day, so heyho :thumb_yello::naughty:

:teehee: perhaps the old songs feel like old shoes... he is more comfortable with them.

i'm so glad i got to hear OFB live. i just love that song :blush-anim-cl:

I know, I couldn't believe my eyes when he was saying that, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to say :lmao: Sometimes he really surprises me that way, even though I know that he's nuts, hahahaha :roftl:.

Unfortunately, I also got the vibe that he's not in a rush to do One Foot Boy again :sneaky2:, and I can't for the life of me understand why. It was SO excellent during the NA tour! It really is something else, so I will never get why he's not doing it.

Touches You is also another amazing song live, which people react to super positively even though they dont' know it, so I don't get the decision to not do that one either, if I'm honest. Sometimes I just don't get him :dunno: In any case, I'm really glad that he decided to bring Touches You after our little request . Even though he wailed: "It's never enough, is it?" :aah:

well when he did a gig in Seoul last year, the setlist was almost same as current ones, except OFB and PUOTF. I have whole bootleg files of that gig and when he did OFB and PUOTF the vibe got a little bit depressed...honestely speaking, 'noticably' depressed... so I think he removed those songs after because of that..... just 'this is my interpretation' so dont take it too seriously...:naughty:

@Karin

thanks so much for the vids!! they're AMAZING:wub2:

thanx. :original:

btw, you were in munich, right? can't believe i missed you AGAIN! :aah: or did we talk without me realizing it was you?!

about OFB, i wouldn't give all hopes up on that one yet... when we asked him in december whether he'd do GGG on the tour, it didn't sound AT ALL like he would. but he did it at every single show this year. if the new show really is supposed to be as different from the old one as he says, he has to change some songs in the setlist as well. maybe GGG will be replaced by OFB again. we'll see. :biggrin2: as long as he keeps touches you and love today, i'm fine. :naughty: and if he adds kick ass too, i'm in heaven... :biggrin2:

well when he did a gig in Seoul last year, the setlist was almost same as current ones, except OFB and PUOTF. I have whole bootleg files of that gig and when he did OFB and PUOTF the vibe got a little bit depressed...honestely speaking, 'noticably' depressed... so I think he removed those songs after because of that..... just 'this is my interpretation' so dont take it too seriously...:naughty:

why would the vibe be depressed after OFB? :blink: ok, PUOTF is a slow song, but why OFB? it was fantastic when he did it on the US tour. maybe it just doesn't work in korea/asia for some reason, but if that's the case he just should adjust the setlist depending on the country/continent/culture where he's performing, and not kick out the song completely. :dunno:

thanx. :original:

btw, you were in munich, right? can't believe i missed you AGAIN! :aah: or did we talk without me realizing it was you?!

you're welcome

unfortunately i wasnt in munich. had to cancel that trip because of work:sneaky2:

but i'll definitely be in paris so i'll make sure not to miss you there:biggrin2:

you're welcome

unfortunately i wasnt in munich. had to cancel that trip because of work:sneaky2:

but i'll definitely be in paris so i'll make sure not to miss you there:biggrin2:

ok fab, see ya in paris then! :thumb_yello: i might for a change not be busy there with working on dresscodes/presents, or organizing the queue, like i was on the german gigs (they wouldn't understand me anyway, as i don't speak french! :roftl:), so i guess i'll have time to chat. :biggrin2:

setlist%20votes.JPG

I put a vote about current setlist and Ring Ring got most so far... still left 2 months left to close this one ... but 276 Korean Mika fans have voted so far..

as you see OFB and PUOTF is not doing well here....

:lmfao::lmfao:

Oh dear...I dunno...maybe he prefers his first album? :aah:

why would the vibe be depressed after OFB? :blink: ok, PUOTF is a slow song, but why OFB? it was fantastic when he did it on the US tour. maybe it just doesn't work in korea/asia for some reason, but if that's the case he just should adjust the setlist depending on the country/continent/culture where he's performing, and not kick out the song completely. :dunno:

OFB is not easy to sing along.. not slow song but almost impossible to sing along for non english speakers... maybe he didn't know OFB would get good reactions by European fans...?? i donno.....either.

OFB is not easy to sing along.. not slow song but almost impossible to sing along for non english speakers... maybe he didn't know OFB would get good reactions by European fans...?? i donno.....either.

This is how I sing ONE FOOT BOY:

What's the matter with going places...yadda yadda yadda full verse

(bold bits is where I sing :aah:)

I'll say nothing on your microphone

Till you swear to take me home

There's a one foot boy, eleven stone sitting on my shoulder

I'm too scared to look away

Comes here almost everyday

And everyday I push him off and tell him boy we're over/my oh my

I think my mind is gone...(high harmony, not low)

One foot boy! One foot booooy! One foot boy! One foot booooy!

Etcetc...

One foot boy doesn't have to be hard to sing. Let the backing singers do their job and let Mika sing the main bit. Yes I know there are a lot of layers in the song itself, but it's a live concert and Mika is allowed to change/alter it slightly so that it's easier for him. Mika tried to sing everything in the states last year and the dude can't split his voice, y'know? Backing singers and layers is what he needs. Mika just needs to concentrate on the main vocals :dunno:

Mika singing "Don't staaaaaaaaaaaay too close to meeee..." with the crowd repeating "one foot boy! one foot booooy!"...I can see it

I don't think it's that hard :blink: The hardest thing I can think of is the "I'll say nothing on your microphone..." bit because you don't have time to pause for breath :aah:

But that's his own fault and he needs to deal with it :shun:

Edited by CazGirl