lollipop_monkey

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

part 2

btw, mika was spying again on the reactions to KA, but apart from a few ppl at the front, no one was partying to it, unfortunately. :sad:

I really, really, really hope that he doesn't attach so much importance to the audience's reaction on Kick ass coming from tape after the show.

I sincerely hope that people walking out of the venue because the gig is over and the guy they came to see has left the stage is not something that gives him sleepless nights. That would make me really sad. Because once he'll perform that one live in front of the people he'll get his reaction. No matter what. At the moment I'm having my doubts if he knows that, too.

@Bubbles & Mrs.Deer: Didn't know it was you who were BGs with Mellody - didn't bother giving up my lovely spot in the Q when John came out to look for Lps and BGs since I wanted to enjoy the show from the audience this time.

You know who I am? I guess we know each other from another forum and met at Katy's gig? :wink2:

My nick's the same anyway...

I really, really, really hope that he doesn't attach so much importance to the audience's reaction on Kick ass coming from tape after the show.

I sincerely hope that people walking out of the venue because the gig is over and the guy they came to see has left the stage is not something that gives him sleepless nights. That would make me really sad. Because once he'll perform that one live in front of the people he'll get his reaction. No matter what. At the moment I'm having my doubts if he knows that, too.

I was thinking the same thing earlier, when I read that he had been peeking at the audience, looking at their reactions. I'm personally sure that Kick Ass will do really well, but it does bother me that he may be trying to gauge the potential of the song, or the popularity that it has/will have, based on the audience's reaction when it's played.

After a Mika gig, I am exhausted, sweaty, dehydrated, hoarse and just totally, totally high and at the same time low. I'm in the worst possible state to be paying attention to a track that plays in the background. I really don't think that the average giggoer will even notice what is playing, much less react to it enthusiastically. Not that I'm saying that it's not a good idea to play it, I think it is, it can start embedding itself in people's subconscious :roftl:, but I wouldn't use it as an accurate means of 'market research', if you know what I mean. I can only see a few hardcores noticing and appreciating the track when it's played at that time.

Perhaps before the gig would be a more adequate moment, or, even better, if he sang it :fangurl:

I was thinking the same thing earlier, when I read that he had been peeking at the audience, looking at their reactions. I'm personally sure that Kick Ass will do really well, but it does bother me that he may be trying to gauge the potential of the song, or the popularity that it has/will have, based on the audience's reaction when it's played.

After a Mika gig, I am exhausted, sweaty, dehydrated, hoarse and just totally, totally high and at the same time low. I'm in the worst possible state to be paying attention to a track that plays in the background. I really don't think that the average giggoer will even notice what is playing, much less react to it enthusiastically. Not that I'm saying that it's not a good idea to play it, I think it is, it can start embedding itself in people's subconscious :roftl:, but I wouldn't use it as an accurate means of 'market research', if you know what I mean. I can only see a few hardcores noticing and appreciating the track when it's played at that time.

Perhaps before the gig would be a more adequate moment, or, even better, if he sang it :fangurl:

perhaps the reaction to it would be different if it was played before the gig. i remember some of the songs that played in 2008 while anxiously waiting for mika to get on stage

perhaps the reaction to it would be different if it was played before the gig. i remember some of the songs that played in 2008 while anxiously waiting for mika to get on stage

So are you also saying that you think it would perhaps be a better idea to play it at the start?

So are you also saying that you think it would perhaps be a better idea to play it at the start?

exactly. i remember hearing lily allen, eurhythmics (spelling?) while waiting for mika in 2008. if they played it before the gig, more people would hear it and become familiar with it.

unless mika decides to play it during his concert, of course

exactly. i remember hearing lily allen, eurhythmics (spelling?) while waiting for mika in 2008. if they played it before the gig, more people would hear it and become familiar with it.

unless mika decides to play it during his concert, of course

Yes, agreed, I vote for that option first :lmfao: Failing that, I think that it should be played before. And then, perhaps also at the end, just to finish the mind control manouver properly :insane:

Yes, agreed, I vote for that option first :lmfao: Failing that, I think that it should be played before. And then, perhaps also at the end, just to finish the mind control manouver properly :insane:

i see... mind control... interesting concept :teehee::roftl:

@Bubbles & Mrs.Deer: Didn't know it was you who were BGs with Mellody - didn't bother giving up my lovely spot in the Q when John came out to look for Lps and BGs since I wanted to enjoy the show from the audience this time.

You know who I am? I guess we know each other from another forum and met at Katy's gig? :wink2:

My nick's the same anyway...

yes sure! i know who mariposa issss! :D

about KA being played after the show... it's played quite loudly, not like background music, so i guess most people notice that it's something special... they just can't understand what's going on if they don't know the song or don't know that it's by mika. i heard from a friend who was at the munich gig and didn't know KA before that he didn't know whether the show was finished now or not, or what that all was about... :dunno:

Aww.. does noone have a video of the final? I wanna see how ridiculous we looked on stage! haha

graciosa filmed it, no worries, either her or me will upload it at some point & post the link on here... just give us a few days, we were still on tour til today. :wink2:

btw, hi, i was the lollipop girl. :bleh:

isn't it:)

I am wondering if nobody has pics with him signing my drawing:)

I would like to have a normal pic with him... how the hell can I achieve this goal haha

were you one of the 2 girls with the pink feathers in your hair? i have a pic of mika where you can see those feathers :naughty: but sorry there were too many people standing in between so you can't see more. :sad: will upload the pic together with the others some time during the next few days. :wink2:

:blink: I wonder if he referred to him not really willing to play Touches You. I think someone (perhaps Mellody) mentioned in a M&G report that he said something like ’it’s never going to stop, is it’ when asked to play Touches You at gigs again..

i'm innocent this time. :naughty: he was nice and played it at every gig i went to. :mf_rosetinted: might've been sariflor or mana in scandinavia, i think they said sth about mentioning it to him. :wink2:

Edited by mellody

i'm innocent this time. :naughty: he was nice and played it at every gig i went to. :mf_rosetinted: might've been sariflor or mana in scandinavia, i think they said sth about mentioning it to him. :wink2:

He played it in the UK tour as well, so perhaps the idea more or less was that he replaces TY with OMS :dunno: but due to popular demand he kept both..:teehee:

I used to think it can go out of the set but I have a totally different opinion on it now. It is a good song, it is different from the rest of the uptempo songs he plays and the audience reaction is incredible from the start.

I think it is a "must" for the second leg of the European tour with bigger venues.

graciosa filmed it, no worries, either her or me will upload it at some point & post the link on here... just give us a few days, we were still on tour til today. :wink2:

btw, hi, i was the lollipop girl. :bleh:

aww that's really cool :)! and sure take your time! i was the male bg obviously :teehee:

yes sure! i know who mariposa issss! :D

Aw! I knew that mariposa sounded familar! haha you were with the other cindy and hanna in cologne, right?

:thumb_yello: So I was right then :biggrin2:

Great to see you on stage in Stuttgart!

newspaper reviews:

a positive one: http://www.schwaebische-post.de/481916/

and those 2 aren't really negative either, but the journalists didn't get him - "only for teenagers" the first one, calling him gay the other. sigh. :doh:

http://www.suedkurier.de/news/kultur/kultur/art410935,4232443

http://www.pz-news.de/Home/Nachrichten/Kultur/Die-Buehne-als-Selbsttherapie-Exzentrischer-Pop-mit-Mika-_arid,185532_puid,1_pageid,21.html

He played it in the UK tour as well, so perhaps the idea more or less was that he replaces TY with OMS :dunno: but due to popular demand he kept both..:teehee:

I used to think it can go out of the set but I have a totally different opinion on it now. It is a good song, it is different from the rest of the uptempo songs he plays and the audience reaction is incredible from the start.

I think it is a "must" for the second leg of the European tour with bigger venues.

Yup, that was me, Sara and company after the Oslo gig. He hadn't played Touches You in Copenhagen or Oslo, despite it being on the setlist in Copenhagen. And we didn't get OMS in Copenhagen either, sadly. :no:

So when we saw him after the gig we started by asking for One Foot Boy because it's just

and most Europeans haven't heard it - but he shot that one down almost immediately. :blink: So we said, fine, at least play Touches You! It's so great live and, like you said Suzie, gets a great reaction from the crowd. I don't know why he'd drop it. Or how he thinks he could whip out those saucy dance moves and then not get his fans crying foul when he drops the song. :teehee:

I'm really glad he's playing OMS again, though. If I had make a personal choice between Touches You and OMS I'd pick OMS, just because it's on such a different level. But I'm glad he's doing both. :wub2:

Yup, that was me, Sara and company after the Oslo gig. He hadn't played Touches You in Copenhagen or Oslo, despite it being on the setlist in Copenhagen. And we didn't get OMS in Copenhagen either, sadly. :no:

So when we saw him after the gig we started by asking for One Foot Boy because it's just

and most Europeans haven't heard it - but he shot that one down almost immediately. :blink: So we said, fine, at least play Touches You! It's so great live and, like you said Suzie, gets a great reaction from the crowd. I don't know why he'd drop it. Or how he thinks he could whip out those saucy dance moves and then not get his fans crying foul when he drops the song. :teehee:

I'm really glad he's playing OMS again, though. If I had make a personal choice between Touches You and OMS I'd pick OMS, just because it's on such a different level. But I'm glad he's doing both. :wub2:

So there's no chance he'll be doing that you think? ... :tears:

So there's no chance he'll be doing that you think? ... :tears:

To be honest, I'm kinda thinking he won't. He was being all jokey and giving us vague answers. "Mika, what happened to One Foot Boy?" "Oh, he's too small, I lost him in the luggage." :insane:

Really I think either 1) He finds it really challenging to sing live because there's so much going on with that song - so many layers, or 2) He's traumatized from his experiences singing that song after his injury when he was a one foot boy himself. :naughty:

When we saw the setlist in Toronto it said One Foot Boy/Good Gone Girl, so it looks like he views those songs as a one-or-the-other situation. We didn't get Good Gone Girl at all on the 1955 Tour. I don't know what he's thinking though, those songs are both great, and both off the new album - y'know, the album he's meant to be supporting on this tour. :bleh:

Mika, I know you love your friend Billy but it's time to retire him in favour of the new music. :teehee: