What did u do when u met Mika?

mikaliciousyaz

i didnt wanted to loose my head...

Well, def a good idea to ask then!

awesome! :lol3:

That was perhaps the NICEST thing to do for a fan. EVER! No other pop star does that.

Definitely was! I didn't expect him to do that, I would've been happy with a tweet! (I got so excited cause he used my real name :teehee:)

For sure! The flowers came in this really cool box and when I see him again I'll get him to sign a blank piece of paper, cause I'm gonna stick the autograph onto it with some pics! :teehee:

Glad you are doing better

would like to have a drivers licence but im not even allowed now

tried and weakness cos of the med?

One of the Aussies has epilepsy and she's not allowed to drive either... it sucks!

I was speaking to my neurologist about what you have to do here to get you licence back acfter having seizures, and he doesn't think it's fair... he was saying in an article he read, seizures accounted for 0.8% of car accidents... drink driving, speeding and driving while you're high on drugs cause a lot more accidents than seizures ever would, yet you have to do so much more to prove that you are capable of driving. It's ****. I would've been better off being caught for high range drink driving instead. :sneaky2:

I don't think warfarin makes you tired... diamox might though (and I've noticed that I'm getting a bit of a headache after cutting down to 1/2 a tablet a day)... I'm usually fine in the morning, but when it comes to doing something physically demanding that's when I get tired...

Not yet, he's teasing me with them

I guess it's better than him beating you with them :fisch:

Yeah he really is special =).

Aww how do you get M&G passes? And aww thats amazing that its a tradition for him to meet you. I really wish that he would know me =( and that i could join his world but i never know how i can meet him.

xxxx

For the most part there is no organised meet and greet.. sometimes Team Mika decides the fans can come into an after show party.

The Aussies managed to get a meet and greet organised with John the day of the concert.

OMFG I just won a meet and greet with MIKA ! :jawdrop::fangurl:

I don't believe this is real , I'm sure I'll wake up in a few minutes .. :mf_rosetinted:

But they still have to call me for my 'data'. I'm so excited &. so nervous !

In a few days (25:naughty:) I have a nice story too ! :mf_lustslow:

Ok they just called for my 'data', I'm so excited !

Byeee everyone ! :biggrin2:

Congratulations!

If you ask for a hug or a kiss ya definitely got guts and I'm not criticising those who have asked for one, it's just not something I'm comfortable doing.

I mean, imagine asking Mika for a photo or a hug and he said "I'm not allowed/sorry, I'm not in the mood/not well." How embarrassing. And he has refused photos in the past. I just don't want to be a nuisance.

I just thought I'd add to this..

I agree about what you said about hugging to touching Mika...

Normally I wouldn't ask for a hug, cause I don't want to be a pain, but I thought I'd at least try. If he said no or said he was too tired then I would've been okay with it. I got what I wanted from talking to him, and if he'd said no I still would've been happy. Not many people get the chance to talk to Mika for as long as I did...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're so sexy, omg omg omg omg, you're so sexy, you're so so sexy, omg omg omg i love men, i love you omg you're so sexy, oh your touch feels so good, omg you're so sexy oh yes please touch there, omg you're so sexy! :mf_lustslow:

and gave him a toy and a hug and cried :roftl:

:teehee:

Definitely was! I didn't expect him to do that, I would've been happy with a tweet! (I got so excited cause he used my real name :teehee:)

For sure! The flowers came in this really cool box and when I see him again I'll get him to sign a blank piece of paper, cause I'm gonna stick the autograph onto it with some pics! :teehee:

One of the Aussies has epilepsy and she's not allowed to drive either... it sucks!

I was speaking to my neurologist about what you have to do here to get you licence back acfter having seizures, and he doesn't think it's fair... he was saying in an article he read, seizures accounted for 0.8% of car accidents... drink driving, speeding and driving while you're high on drugs cause a lot more accidents than seizures ever would, yet you have to do so much more to prove that you are capable of driving. It's ****. I would've been better off being caught for high range drink driving instead. :sneaky2:

I don't think warfarin makes you tired... diamox might though (and I've noticed that I'm getting a bit of a headache after cutting down to 1/2 a tablet a day)... I'm usually fine in the morning, but when it comes to doing something physically demanding that's when I get tired...

I guess it's better than him beating you with them :fisch:

For the most part there is no organised meet and greet.. sometimes Team Mika decides the fans can come into an after show party.

The Aussies managed to get a meet and greet organised with John the day of the concert.

Congratulations!

Normally I wouldn't ask for a hug, cause I don't want to be a pain, but I thought I'd at least try. If he said no or said he was too tired then I would've been okay with it. I got what I wanted from talking to him, and if he'd said no I still would've been happy. Not many people get the chance to talk to Mika for as long as I did...

I was trying to be diplomatic.:naughty:

what did I do when I met MIKA???!!! uuuh... ehm...:blush-anim-cl:

welll.....

I was really excited, for sure!.... The fisrt time that I met HIM , HE just signed me the autograph and then I gave HIM my present. Stop.

The second time that I met HIM I was excited too but finally I talked to HIM. :yay:I was nervous when I was talking to him but then everything was natural cause HE's the sweetest boy I ever met :wub2::fangurl:

Oh don't worry, I wasn't attacking and I do get it. I wouldn't mind a hug either lol. I just don't want to ask for one. :huh:

So many entries I'd like to quote..:aah: but haven't got the time to reply.. Love all your stories...anyway, generally I agree with Caz's idea about touching...asking is polite, but not on all occasions you'll see him happy to oblige.. I've seen him do it out of pressure before and it's not very nice for both parties. Everything should be natural i think.. extending your hand for a handshake is fine in any case though imo.

Hmm, first gig I didn't meet him as at the time that was not an option for me.

Second time (three days after I was of the opinion that this was not an option for me :doh:) I gave him something. I did act stupid there but not with Mika but with Andy. As we had been told Mika was not feeling well, hence wouldn't come to see us I asked Andy if he could take my thing and pass it to Mika. Well, in the end Mika did come and so (if I remember it right) I grabbed my stuff for Mika off Andy again to hand it over myself.

(~1:21)

Third time I didn't wait after the gig as that was in London and there was a huge, non-organised crowd. I guess he managed without me. :wink2:

Forth time I got to attend the infamous Brixton after gig party. Didn't get anywhere near him. :roftl: But I got to talk to Cherisse and Saranayde who are both even more gorgeous close up. And very very nice.

At my fifth gig in Amsterdam I gave him some rather boring bracelets I had been carrying around in my bag since I had wanted to give them to him in Brixton (:roftl:) Oh God, I introduced myself as violetunderscoresky, how embarrassing. But I do I think it amused him a little. It was a special encounter to me because I did have that kind of tunnel view when your mind shuts out the other 300 people around you and then seeing a video of it later you can't believe there were other people present, too. Here's a pic of the moment (taken by Mellody and I love her for it) :

amsterdam51vf5.jpg

Sixth time Berlin last summer I asked him if he could sign my bag, which he did. He was being very nice there again. Like, you know, when he seems to somehow know exactly what people would like to hear him say.

There had been a lot of people waiting and I almost didn't want to go for it, but I'm really glad I did in the end.

(0:56 - 1:20)

At my seventh gig in London again @Union Chapel I did wait after the gig but when he came out quite late there was no organisation, just a mob again, so I just watched from a distance and didn't bother to try and approach him.

Next one was Stockholm which I specifically chose because a) I always wanted to go to Sweden and b) because it seemed one of the less crazy gigs concerning a possible aftershow encounter, with less of a crowd and less mobbing. Fail. :lmfao: In the end it was the one and only gig I attended where Mika actually didn't manage to come out to meet fans afterwards at all. :roftl:

Wiesbaden a few weeks ago I did meet him and had something signed. He seemed pretty worn out and for the first time I got the vibe that he was fulfilling a duty more than getting anything for himself out of the fan meeting business. I felt really bad for having asked for that stupid signature afterwards.

In Stuttgart I didn't really know whether to wait or leave. But the show was a special one and he was very relaxed and happy, so I decided to get in line again. I didn't want anything signed and didn't have anything to give him either. But I wanted to say thank you, which I did. It was brief and I have no footage of it but I hope he was not too tired to receive the message.

"..the famous Violet_Sky.. love it!"

Oh don't worry, I wasn't attacking and I do get it. I wouldn't mind a hug either lol. I just don't want to ask for one. :huh:

Don't mind a hug either, but only if it's a natural hug. :blush-anim-cl:

So many entries I'd like to quote..:aah: but haven't got the time to reply.. Love all your stories...anyway, generally I agree with Caz's idea about touching...asking is polite, but not on all occasions you'll see him happy to oblige.. I've seen him do it out of pressure before and it's not very nice for both parties. Everything should be natural i think.. extending your hand for a handshake is fine in any case though imo.

Don't mind a hug either, but only if it's a natural hug. :blush-anim-cl:

That's exactly what I was trying to say....Even if he is a touchy-feely person (which I am as well, in fact being Spanish I am probably far more touchy than most are :roftl:), I still think that it doesn't mean that he should be happy to touch everyone and/or anyone. He still has the right to feel happy to touch certain people in certain situations, and not others. Asking for a hug or a kiss is forcing him to either:

-comply, not really wanting to, or

-refuse, causing an uncomfortable "scene"

That's not fair, IMHO. As you say, I have also witnessed it a few times: he is asked for a hug and he gives it, but he looks as if he's not really happy to do so, or in any case he looks like he's feeling forced into it :dunno:

I've also seen the opposite situation, when he spontaneously gives out a hug without any prompting or request from us, like when Mana gave him the Yearbook in Copenhaguen.

In my opinion, this is how it should always be. If he wants to hug or touch people, he will (and trust me, he does it). It should really only be on his terms, this is how I see it. I've met him many times, and on some ocasions he's touched or hugged me, and on many others he hasn't. I've never asked for any contact, and I like the idea that when it has happened, it's been because he felt like doing it, and not because he felt pressurised into doing it :blush-anim-cl:.

Again, I'm not attacking anyone who has requested hugs or kisses, but just stating my own opinion on it, that's all :naughty:. I hope that it makes sense.

That was one of the cutest moments ever, and I'm SO glad that Mr Violet recorded it, and got the whole interaction so well.

You know, I really agree with all of you who say it's Mika who should decide to touch people. I mean, it's normal ^^. That's why I always feel a bit ashamed that I kissed him (well I didn't kiss him, I "gave him my cheek" and he understood lol) :blush-anim-cl:

You know, I really agree with all of you who say it's Mika who should decide to touch people. I mean, it's normal ^^. That's why I always feel a bit ashamed that I kissed him (well I didn't kiss him, I "gave him my cheek" and he understood lol) :blush-anim-cl:

But you know something, when you did that, I'm sure that one of the reasons why he reacted so well to you is that he could feel your vibe as a person, and your extreme politeness too. You are so shy and were so 'in awe' (but not in a fanatic way, in a good way), and you didn't force anything, it was a sort of spontaneous move that went with the vibe of the moment, and he went with it. It was cute.

Mika comes across as a very well mannered and polite guy, and I think that he can see that in others as well.

But you know something, when you did that, I'm sure that one of the reasons why he reacted so well to you is that he could feel your vibe as a person, and your extreme politeness too. You are so shy and were so 'in awe' (but not in a fanatic way, in a good way), and you didn't force anything, it was a sort of spontaneous move that went with the vibe of the moment, and he went with it. It was cute.

Mika comes across as a very well mannered and polite guy, and I think that he can see that in others as well.

Yeah well I didn't mean to force him at all! And it was spontaneous you're right, afterwards I just couldn't believe I'd done that, I didn't even think :aah: I am shy indeed - was it that obvious? :teehee: - and wanted to be polite, so I hope you're right when you say he could feel that :original:

:huglove::D

Yeah well I didn't mean to force him at all! And it was spontaneous you're right, afterwards I just couldn't believe I'd done that, I didn't even think :aah: I am shy indeed - was it that obvious? :teehee: - and wanted to be polite, so I hope you're right when you say he could feel that :original:

:huglove::D

I'm 100% sure that he saw that. I've seen him react really ackwardly to people who have 'crossed the line', believe me, and here he was totally at ease and happy. I'm sure that he saw your aura as a person, and at the end of the day, you didn't do anything rude, it was just cute.

I'm 100% sure that he saw that. I've seen him react really ackwardly to people who have 'crossed the line', believe me, and here he was totally at ease and happy. I'm sure that he saw your aura as a person, and at the end of the day, you didn't do anything rude, it was just cute.

:original:

That was one of the cutest moments ever, and I'm SO glad that Mr Violet recorded it, and got the whole interaction so well.

girl_blush2.gifgirl_in_dreams.gif

That footage makes me really happy indeed, each time I watch.

I can't believe that three years ago the thought alone to get in touch with Mika in that after show fan-popstar situation was something that made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I thought it would make me look like some sort of sick, fanatic weirdo. tease.gif

Now that I went for it a few times, there's little I regret. I'd do it again any day of the week.

I just honestly wish he'd skip the M+Gs on nights when he really doesn't feel like it or is too exhausted to enjoy it. I mean it.

As for the hugs and kisses I agree with a lot of what has been said. It just really depends on so much. Like cultural background, personality and mood. And the situation itself and if he connects with the counterpart, which of course is a bit hard at those very short moments.

I wouldn't shoot forward and hug him. But sometimes I think I'd like to be a four-year-old so I could just do that and get away with it. :roftl:

I would most definitely not ask for a hug. It wouldn't count. :dunno: Not that I would mind him hugging me. :aah:

girl_blush2.gifgirl_in_dreams.gif

That footage makes me really happy indeed, each time I watch.

I can't believe that three years ago the thought alone to get in touch with Mika in that after show fan-popstar situation was something that made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I thought it would make me look like some sort of sick, fanatic weirdo. tease.gif

Now that I went for it a few times, there's little I regret. I'd do it again any day of the week.

I just honestly wish he'd skip the M+Gs on nights when he really doesn't feel like it or is too exhausted to enjoy it. I mean it.

As for the hugs and kisses I agree with a lot of what has been said. It just really depends on so much. Like cultural background, personality and mood. And the situation itself and if he connects with the counterpart, which of course is a bit hard at those very short moments.

I wouldn't shoot forward and hug him. But sometimes I think I'd like to be a four-year-old so I could just do that and get away with it. :roftl:

I would most definitely not ask for a hug. It wouldn't count. :dunno:Not that I would mind him hugging me. :aah:

I don't think anyone would :teehee:

I waited just over 2 years to meet Mika.

It was Sadler's Wells June 8th 2009 in London, and I remember queueing up holding my EP. Oh my goodness, I was so nervous. SO nervous. My heart was thumping, I felt like I was shaking sometimes and I had butterflies in my stomach xD

He came up to me and I completely fumbled my words...my first words to him were "Hello, it's so nice to meet you" because he was about to come my way but then he finished talking to Viv (Sparkly1) next to me so I don't know if he heard xD And then I just went "Can you sign this please, can I have your autograph?" Or something. I was going through my head what was the best thing to say but just kinda came out with everything : And he replied "of course" and he bent down (I'm super short, see) and signed my EP. I actually couldn't believe he was in front of me (despite dancing on stage with him during Relax at the end of the gig!) I had finally met the man I admired from afar and it meant so freakin' much. We made eye contact when he got back up and then he moved on to some Japanese girls next to me. I wanted to ask for a hug but it just didn't seem right.

Just a few fangurly pictures:

STAGEINVASION2.jpg

STAGEINVASION4-1.jpg

STAGEINVASION1.jpg

sadlers1.jpg

STAGEINVASION5.jpg

queue1.jpg

MEETINMIKA2-Copy.jpg

queue2-Copy.jpg

queue3-Copy.jpg

mikaandme-1.jpg

autograph.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PViWShCy1kQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=vu8H_fccw6c 1:50

And, as they say...the rest is history.

omg You were so lucky!!! He was right beside you !!!! Fantastic!!!! Do you remember how he smelled like?:teehee:

I woulod if i were you... I will if i ever get the chance again. was definitely worth it :drool::fangurl::mf_lustslow:

we have to be seizure free for 2 years and be sure that we can be seizure free... just sucks when you get the news that you will have it for the rest of your life and have to think of pension alredy :sneaky2:

The meds im getting works as sleeping meds. sometimes and one of em can even give depression and eating disorder... they gave it to me even though i have depression and have suffered from eating disorder.... way to go for em :blink::roftl:

I normally wouldnt ask too but i did after the 5 other girlz got one... but i didnt get one... he was busy in the room w. 2 guys who won a M&G and also got a hug... Touch his tummy & talk to him and you wont get a hug? :blink: But i wont ask next time... if i ever get to meet him again...

Edited by Dark Angel

I was trying to be diplomatic.

:teehee: Sure!

I didn't think you (or Sara for that matter) were... I just didn't want people thinking I felt like i had to justify my actions...

I woulod if i were you... I will if i ever get the chance again. was definitely worth it :drool::fangurl:

we have to be seizure free for 2 years and be sure that we can be seizure free... just sucks when you get the news that you will have it for the rest of your life and have to think of pension alredy :sneaky2:

The meds im getting works as sleeping meds. sometimes and one of em can even give depression and eating disorder... they gave it to me even though i have depression and have suffered from eating disorder.... way to go for em :blink::roftl:

I bet! :das: that just reminded me of a dream I had a few nights ago, will tell you about it in the gasmics thread! :das:

2 years??? Holy crap, I'm so glad I live in Australia then!

:doh: aren't they clever :mf_rosetinted: They should've taken that into consideration when they were sorting out your meds... Honestly I'm sure some doctors don't live in the real world!

I normally wouldnt ask too but i did after the 5 other girlz got one... but i didnt get one... he was busy in the room w. 2 guys who won a M&G and also got a hug... Touch his tummy & talk to him and you wont get a hug? :blink: But i wont ask next time... if i ever get to meet him again...

omg You were so lucky!!! He was right beside you !!!! Fantastic!!!! Do you remember how he smelled like?:teehee:

No sorry, I can't say I sniffed the dude's armpits, that was the LAST thing on my mind LOL :lmfao:

Well he didn't stink, let's put it that way.

I was 17. He was 23. (I can't believe that was three years ago) I like telling the story but to answer the main question here: I walked up to him and said "Hi, I'm Melanie!" and his eyes were bugged out really big and he had a smile plastered onto his face. It was his first time in Chicago and I was second in line to meet him. Since then he's gotten used to the crowds but way back when he was still very much a "newbie." He was very humble and sweet. I couldn't concentrate but I said some nice things as he signed my album. He asked me how to spell my name and it took me hours to shake the way my name sounded in his mouth. I had never heard it that way. "Melanie" so sweet and gentle. I cried when I got in the car from sheer happiness. In the picture we took I'm all up under his arm pit and it was pretty fabulous:wub2:

1_100_0395.JPG

1_100_0397_00.JPG

my turn :bleh:

i gave him my painting, stared at him bug eyed for about 3 seconds and then suddenly became extremely interested in the door.. i was afraid to look at him! i continued to talk at a million miles a hour whilst staring at the door while he volantry put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a massive bunny grin that i only saw out of the corner of my eye because i was so busy looking at the door.

then he left and i started crying.

i'm so pathetic :rolls_eyes:

i gave him my painting, stared at him bug eyed for about 3 seconds and then suddenly became extremely interested in the door.. i was afraid to look at him! i continued to talk at a million miles a hour whilst staring at the door while he volantry put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a massive bunny grin that i only saw out of the corner of my eye because i was so busy looking at the door.

I don't give him eye contact for long either :roftl: I look at him if he's not looking at me, but once his eyes meet mine, that's it I am GONE :aah: I can't look, at least not for long :dunno:

I don't any problem with eye contact at all, but I'm seem to have one when it comes to Mika lol. I don't really know why. I guess I just don't want him to think I'm staring at him? :roftl:

Personally, I do look in his eyes when I speak to him.. :blink:

I do it with everyone, just to be sure they're honest.. :wink2:

So.. with Mika too.. :bleh:

Don't want him to say nice things, and then find out that he didn't mean them, but just wanted to be a gentleman or something.. :blink:

But, as far as I had the experiences, he always meant them.. :teehee:

It's so cute!

I can understand being overwhelmed about meeting Mika... I didn't cry, but I felt all sorts of things when I talked to him...

I don't give him eye contact for long either :roftl: I look at him if he's not looking at me, but once his eyes meet mine, that's it I am GONE :aah: I can't look, at least not for long :dunno:

I don't any problem with eye contact at all, but I'm seem to have one when it comes to Mika lol. I don't really know why. I guess I just don't want him to think I'm staring at him? :roftl:

I don't give him much eye contact either.. then again, I don't give anyone eye contact for very long...