REPORTS / VIDEOS / PICTURES: Mika in Lyon, France at Halle Tony Garnier Apr 24, 2010

Christine

Waiting to hear all the news from Lyon! :biggrin2:

IMG_0169.jpg

4549877011_d172fc8b5c.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

-------------

REPORTS

-------------

Jus_tine

tiibet

tiibet 2

Nanou

Robertina

-------------

PICS

-------------

Jus_tine

tiibet

tiibet pt 2

FOUCHONNERET

mine

Nanou

Professional shots by Kymmo

-------------

VIDEOS

-------------

Jus_tine

FOUCHONNERET

tiibet

GGG:

Relax (with air walking):

Dr John:

Any Other World:

Touches You:

OMS:

I See You:

Rain (with the nightmare):

Edited by dcdeb

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day!! I was feeling so ill the whole day because of a massive headache, and almost decided not to go to the gig, but after several pain killers and some rest (thank you for your help everyone!!!!!!! :wub2:) I felt better and the gig was AMAZING :mf_lustslow:

I have so many things to say about the new show, and I'm not sure anyone wants to listen but I'm going to say it anyway :roftl: But not now, I'm disturbing Lillibet as I write, I'll write my report tomorrow. It was a huge show, but well organized, and he has done SO many changes that I don't know where to start.

Enjoyed it a lot, especially after two days traveling and three days headache :naughty: I filmed and took pics, but will show them tomorrow if they are okay, haven't checked them yet.

He was very kind and came to do some signing after the show even he had many groups before fans and also things to do after that (at least it looked like that). He looked happy after the show, I think this big gig was important before Bercy so maybe he was relieved it went well. And France loves him a lot :wub2:

What a day!! I was feeling so ill the whole day because of a massive headache, and almost decided not to go to the gig, but after several pain killers and some rest (thank you for your help everyone!!!!!!! :wub2:) I felt better and the gig was AMAZING :mf_lustslow:

I have so many things to say about the new show, and I'm not sure anyone wants to listen but I'm going to say it anyway :roftl: But not now, I'm disturbing Lillibet as I write, I'll write my report tomorrow. It was a huge show, but well organized, and he has done SO many changes that I don't know where to start.

Enjoyed it a lot, especially after two days traveling and three days headache :naughty: I filmed and took pics, but will show them tomorrow if they are okay, haven't checked them yet.

He was very kind and came to do some signing after the show even he had many groups before fans and also things to do after that (at least it looked like that). He looked happy after the show, I think this big gig was important before Bercy so maybe he was relieved it went well. And France loves him a lot :wub2:

ahhhhhhhh thank you for this! looking forward to your very detailed report! :blush-anim-cl:

i'm glad you felt well enough to enjoy the gig. :yay:

Amazing!!! Don't forget to show your photos and videos to us... please...

@iMMamusic

Wow!! I have never played to that amount of people!!! Thank you Lyon!!! Xx you ROCKED!!!

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

i want to know EVERY single detail about this new show, so i'm prepared for tomorrow! :biggrin2: so write whatever you feel like. :biggrin2: although i can only read it tonight. off for a day of paris sightseeing now. :original:

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the gig :)

and I'm sure too that France does love him a lot:wub2:

Thanks for the report!

I would love to read how the show was progressed since last week, he always changes little things, so please share.:thumb_yello:

I want to read every single detail about the show like everyone here :wink2:. I´m glad you enjoyed this show even if you didn´t feel well, Tiibet. Can´t wait to see you vids and pics. Thank you.

Glad you had fun :huglove: Thx for the repost :flowers2:

Will be looking forward for the vids. and pics :biggrin2:

Found on Youtube:

Band Introduction:

(From Celine69009)

Any Other World:

(From Celine69009)

Blue Eyes:

(From chipsterz1)

Big Girl:

(From chipsterz1)

Billy Brown:

(From chipsterz1)

Stuck in the Middle:

(From audreyc07)

Hi everyone ! The photos you posted of flickr and the videos by chipsterz1 are mine, i was at the show in Lyon and it was totally AMAZING ! I can't believe how beautiful and powerful it was ! I waited for that show a long time now. Actually he was supposed to do a show in Lyon three or four years ago and it was cancelled last minute because he was ill; so i'm really glad i could finally make it !!! :D

i've got five videos on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/chipsterz1

Big girl, blue eyes, billy brown, grace kelly and the end of lollipop.

I'll do a report of the show on my blog (in french) tomorrow i think, and i'll can translate it to you if you want :)

http://youmy.canalblog.com/

Hi everyone ! The photos you posted of flickr and the videos by chipsterz1 are mine, i was at the show in Lyon and it was totally AMAZING ! I can't believe how beautiful and powerful it was ! I waited for that show a long time now. Actually he was supposed to do a show in Lyon three or four years ago and it was cancelled last minute because he was ill; so i'm really glad i could finally make it !!! :D

i've got five videos on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/chipsterz1

Big girl, blue eyes, billy brown, grace kelly and the end of lollipop.

I'll do a report of the show on my blog (in french) tomorrow i think, and i'll can translate it to you if you want :)

http://youmy.canalblog.com/

Ah I hope you didn't mind me posting the links to your videos! They're really good :original:

Looking forward to you report!

PART 1

This is a long report about the show last night, and I have so many things in my mind and I’m doing this in a hurry, so there’re going to be a lot of both grammar and spelling errors. If they annoy you just skip my posts :blush-anim-cl:. I can see many of my errors later, but not while I’m writing, sorry…

I have never had a gig day like yesterday. I had traveled 46 hours by a ferry and a train to be in Marseille, and after not sleeping for two days I was a bit tired in Marseille and had a bad headache, so I didn’t enjoy it as much as usual (and I was a horrible BG so it made it worse). After Marseille I slept 3 hours and yesterday I had the worst headache ever :aah: Pain killers didn’t stay inside and I just tryed to sleep in the queue and it was not so easy in that hot and sunny place and I was sure I cannot go to the gig in the evening. Two French boys who didn’t actually even know me let me borrow their hotel room and after taking more medicine and resting for a while in a dark room I felt so much better (a huge thank you to them and everyone else in the queue :wub2:). I was feeling so bad during the queueing that I didn’t give a very good impression of myself, I’m so sorry, I was mostly quiet and eyes closed…

After seeing this gig I can say that queueing for a big show can be just like queueing for a small show. Nanou and French fans made a list and gave numbers, and the security was wonderful from the beginning. They told they will open two doors, but they also told that they want people who came first to be first inside and they seemed to really care and we were all quite relaxed. John came and talked to them and after that they gave a wristband to first 100 people and moved us to the side door. French fans asked people to be in a number order and we were let in to the venue in small groups, everything was very well organized. So, instead of 30-60 people it can be 100-200 people well organized if local fans help with numbers and making the queue and if John talks to venue security. This time he didn’t need to watch after the security, but you know how it is, at some venues John needs to be firm with them. This system has worked SO many times this year, we are so lucky :thumb_yello:

I thought in advance that the new show is like a combination of the NA tour and Europe tour, but it is not, not at all. There are so many new elements and I was very surprised to see the show. This was a huge show, and everything went so well, I was SO proud of him and the whole band :wub2: I can’t believe it, our boy is so grown up, and it seems the band is growing too. They were obviously well prepared to a big show, they (the whole band) did everything in a bigger way, like acting more with bigger moves and stronger expressions. I think it’s needed when the audience is huge. I was very proud to see them all, very well done.

Mika clearly wants the new show to be even more effective than earlier, he is using very strong ways to do it, nothing ordinary. He kills people, makes darker scenes than before and he is using many extreme/powerful elements. Everything is bigger on big stages, but at the same time it’s more simple. This is so difficult to explain in my poor English… Not too many small details but fewer and bigger and more effective details, and it’s better this way, imo. Clear and simple but powerful. He has so many ideas and he wants to show them all, but I like it when it’s clear and there is a clearer structure in this show than earlier (separete powerful elements, still many, but the space allows it). This looks a good way to continue.

The astronaut suit and walking in the air, Mary Poppins suitcase (he can find everything from it (pizza, an umbrella, nightmares, a hand coming out it, a tree…), BG leg, GGG with Ida singing in her fantastic dress and dancing, huge BB flag, the nightmare scene before Rain. The death march, the sematory scene with killing the band, confetti during WAG, Toy Boy with a puppet, drumming, balloons, Kick Ass extra… SO many elements and the screen showing pictures at the same time, but it’s better now because there are not too many things at the same time and there is enough space. He needed time and smaller shows to make it, and now he can finally show it on big stages. This was one of his dreams, wasn’t it? Something he wanted? He can be as creative as he wants and he has big stages to show it :mf_lustslow:

I’m really happy for him. As a fan I dream about another small acoustic tour and tiny shows with just Mika and piano, but this way he can really show what he can do, to a large audience. I’m really curious to see what he wants to do next, after touring UK, Europe, Asia, NA, Australia, South America… By the way, I met a very lovely girl from Chinish Mika Fan Club, it was her first gig, and I told her that MFC loves to hear news from fan clubs all over the world, I hope she will come here and post.

A few pics in the next part and details after I have eaten something :teehee:

Edited by tiibet

PART 1

This is a long report about the show last night, and I have so many things in my mind and I’m doing this in a hurry, so there’re going to be a lot of both grammar and spelling errors. If they annoy you just skip my posts :blush-anim-cl:. I can see many of my errors later, but not while I’m writing, sorry…

I have never had a gig day like yesterday. I had traveled 46 hours by a ferry and a train to be in Marseille, and after not sleeping for two days I was a bit tired in Marseille and had a bad headache, so I didn’t enjoy it as much as usual (and I was a horrible BG so it made it worse). After Marseille I slept 3 hours and yesterday I had the worst headache ever :aah: Pain killers didn’t stay inside and I just tryed to sleep in the queue and it was not so easy in that hot and sunny place and I was sure I cannot go to the gig in the evening. Two French boys who didn’t actually even know me let me borrow their hotel room and after taking more medicine and resting for a while in a dark room I felt so much better (a huge thank you to them and everyone else in he queue :wub2:). I was feeling so bad during the queueing that I didn’t give a very good impression of myself, I’m so sorry, I was mostly quiet and eyes closed…

After seeing this gig I can say that queueing for a big show can be just like queueing for a small show. Nanou and French fans made a list and gave numbers, and the security was wonderful from the beginning. They told they will open two doors, but they also told that they want people who came first to be first inside and they seemed to really care and we were all quite relaxed. John came and talked to them and after that they gave a wristband to first 100 people and moved us to the side door. French fans asked people to be in a number order and we were let in to the venue in small groups, everything was very well organized. So, instead of 30-60 people it can be 100-200 people well organized if local fans help with numbers and making the queue and if John talks to venue security. This time he didn’t need to wach after the security, but you know how it is, at some venues John needs to be firm with them. This system has worked SO many times this year, we are so lucky :thumb_yello:

I thought in advance that the new show is like a combination of the NA tour and Europe tour, but it is not, not at all. There are so many new elements and I was very surprised to see the show. This was a huge show, and everything went so well, I was SO proud of him and the whole band :wub2: I can’t believe it, our boy is so grown up, and it seems the band is growing too. They were obviously well prepared to a big show, they (the whole band) did everything in a bigger way, like acting more with bigger moves and stronger expressions. I think it’s needed when the audience is huge. I was very proud to see them all, very well done.

Mika clearly wants the new show to be even more effective than earlier, he is using very strong ways to do it, nothing ordinary. He kills people, makes darker scenes than before and he is using many extreme/powerful elements. Everything is bigger on big stages, but at the same time it’s more simple. This is so difficult to explain in my poor English… Not too many small details but fewer and bigger and more effective details, and it’s better this way, imo. Clear and simple but powerful. He has so many ideas and he wants to show them all, but I like it when it’s clear and there is a clearer structure in this show than earlier (separete powerful elements, still many, but the space allows it). This looks a good way to continue.

The astronaut suit and walking in the air, Mary Poppins suitcase (he can find everything from it (pizza, an umbrella, nightmares, a hand coming out it, a tree…), BG leg, GGG with Ida singing in her fantastic dress and dancing, huge BB flag, the nightmare scene before Rain. The death march, the sematory scene with killing the band, confetti during WAG, Toy Boy with a puppet, drumming, balloons, Kick Ass extra… SO many elements and the screen showing pictures at the same time, but it’s better now because there are not too many things at the same time and there is enough space. He needed time and smaller shows to make it, and now he can finally show it on big stages. This was one of his dreams, wasn’t it? Something he wanted? He can be as creative as he wants and he has big stages to show it :mf_lustslow:

I’m really happy for him. As a fan I dream about another small acoustic tour and tiny shows with just Mika and piano, but this way he can really show what he can do, to a large audience. I’m really curious to see what he wants to do next, after touring UK, Europe, Asia, NA, Australia, South America… By the way, I met a very lovely girl from Chinish Mika Fan Club, it was her first gig, and I told her that MFC loves to hear news from fan clubs all over the world, I hope she will come here and post.

A few pics in the next part and details after I have eaten something :teehee:

That sounds just about AMAZING! Great you had fun! :thumb_yello:

GOD i wish i could see that show :shocked: