World Reps thread

Hi there! I've already started work (sort of) I looked on the introductions thread and introduced myself to a new English member on there. I don't know if Ruth already contacted her, but I told her we are both English Reps now and asked if she had any questions and said Ruth and I are here to help.

I also suggeted she look at the FAQ. It is fascinating isn't it, and I should have looked at it when I first joined.

I also, of course, pmd Ruth. She'll probably get back to me soon.

I may have altered my settings on my message wall. I changed something to allow Registered Members access. But I'll only know if I've done it okay if someone who isn't one of my "friends" contacts me. Then I'll know it works okay.

I am very happy and proud to be a member of the team.

Marilyn is going to be joint rep for England, along with Ruth.

Welcome Marilyn :thumb_yello:

*looks in my pm box and sees no request for a banner* :roftl:

silver is sleeping? :teehee:

Hi there! I've already started work (sort of) I looked on the introductions thread and introduced myself to a new English member on there. I don't know if Ruth already contacted her, but I told her we are both English Reps now and asked if she had any questions and said Ruth and I are here to help.

I also suggeted she look at the FAQ. It is fascinating isn't it, and I should have looked at it when I first joined.

I may have altered my settings on my message wall. I changed something to allow Registered Members access. But I'll only know if I've done it okay if someone who isn't one of my "friends" contacts me. Then I'll know it works okay.

Welcome Marilyn!:thumb_yello:

I would guess there are much more UK fans than there are Swedish ones.

It's a little sad but right now we are only a handful of fans from my country who are active!:blink:

But the job as rep is nice, you usually get a lot of appreciating from the ones you help get started!:wink2:

It's a little sad but right now we are only a handful of fans from my country who are active!:blink:

But the job as rep is nice, you usually get a lot of appreciating from the ones you help get started!:wink2:

yes, I think our role is different. For non-native speakers it is a sound knowledge in English or very intense support from their fellow countrymen that is needed so that they keep coming back.

Welcome Marilyn! :bye:

Welcome Marilyn!:thumb_yello:

I would guess there are much more UK fans than there are Swedish ones.

Well, there's a handful of fans from your country at least. :naughty:

From my country there are only 3 active persons (including myself :roftl:)...

Wow, that's incredible!:blink:

But Mika has been there hasn't he?

Please tell me next time he will have a gig there, if we keep it really quiet there will be only you and me and two other people at the concert, right?:teehee::naughty:

*looks in my pm box and sees no request for a banner* :roftl:

silver is sleeping? :teehee:

:doh:

Though I think we need to get Marilyn's wall working first

Edited by silver

Thank you for all of your welcomming comments. I think with the English fans my job would probably be more about, helping them to get used to this website and forum. But that can be just as important as helping them with language issues, especially if they are technophobes like me. I know, when I joined in 2007, I wish there could have been someone there to help me get started and say hi. But we have those people now for the newer members.

We're getting new members all the time, and many from foreign parts, so I'm sure all of the reps will get busy.

Wow, that's incredible!:blink:

But Mika has been there hasn't he?

Please tell me next time he will have a gig there, if we keep it really quiet there will be only you and me and two other people at the concert, right?:teehee::naughty:

Yes, he was in Vienna in March. I think it was sold out, but no one seems to find the mfc :blink:

Well, I registered after the gig and lostandfound too. And then there is Faballa who joined earlier...

I know four other persons who are registered, too. (My daughter, her friend, my sister, her friend), but they don't write...

It seems Austrian are boring people...:teehee::blush-anim-cl: (well, just kidding :teehee:)

@Marilyn Congratulations on your new role :thumb_yello:

I think with the English fans my job would probably be more about, helping them to get used to this website and forum.

Yes. And probably not only in a technical way.

New members might need some information on previous cd and dvd releases, concerts and any performances they are likely to have missed while they were not members here. World Reps can direct them to the right threads and explain things to them, In fact, any member can do that but perhaps reps can proactively offer them to ask any such questions.

I was recently explaining all the changes that happened in Mika's band over the years on our country thread.

Edited by suzie

Welcome Marylin!

I never had to help someone yet :boxed: I welcomed some, but they didn't seem to need me :roftl:

I don't really help many of the Aussies (then again, I know most of them personally so it's all good!).. I helped mostly with getting people into the M&G last year... I also helped one of the Aussies with getting in contact with another Aussie.

That's about as exciting as it gets around here :roftl:

Welcome Marylin!

I never had to help someone yet :boxed: I welcomed some, but they didn't seem to need me :roftl:

I don't really help many of the Aussies (then again, I know most of them personally so it's all good!).. I helped mostly with getting people into the M&G last year... I also helped one of the Aussies with getting in contact with another Aussie.

That's about as exciting as it gets around here :roftl:

If people are good at computer stuff and I would believe if they are English spoken they wouldn't need so much help, they will find their way around here very fast! And most people are...both!:biggrin2:

But don't forget, the words:

"I am the /insert nationality/ represent for THE MIKA FAN CLUB", said with the right attitude and authority can help you a lot!:naughty:

It helped me to get tickets for a TV show and to get a group of nearly under-age (it was only the restaurant policy, we were there to see Mika nothing else:naughty:) girls to a free Mika concert! :thumb_yello:

If people are good at computer stuff and I would believe if they are English spoken they wouldn't need so much help, they will find their way around here very fast! And most people are...both!:biggrin2:

"I am the /insert nationality/ represent for THE MIKA FAN CLUB", said with the right attitude and authority can help you a lot!:naughty:

It helped me to get tickets for a TV show and to get a group of nearly under-age (it was only the restaurant policy, we were there to see Mika nothing else:naughty:) girls to a free Mika concert! :thumb_yello:

That is worth trying!!

Ooooooh, nice!

Next time Mika comes here I'll have to try and get more than a few days off work and I'll be able ot use it then!

I think my wall is working now. I went onto the Mod Squad thread to ask for help with it. Apparently my visitor messages had not been enabled. But (hopefully) now it should work okay.:thumb_yello:

Shiny! :thumb_yello:

Welcome Marilyn! :bye:

Ha ha! But awww! Hey at least you have Austrian fans , I usually get confused people and inefficient MFC search engines saying Indiana instead of India :roftl::sneaky2::roftl::P

OK, will do that. Thanks for telling me. How do I get one of those siggy-signs that says I'm a rep for England?

Hmm...I got mine from guylainem123 , but I'm sure silver will ask for a banner for you :biggrin2:

Welcome Anthusa!!!!!! :flowers2:

Congrats to both :flowers2: You'll do the great job :thumb_yello:

Oh, I never thought of "using" our "titel" for that kind of purposes.

Thanks for the:thumb_yello: idea

• 1 month later...