PICS

-----------

enigma

-----------

VIDEOS

-----------

- Cheshire Cat

- Cheshire Cat

PRESS: http://www.beirutnightlife.com/events/mika-an-amazing-opening-for-baalbeck-international-festival-2010/ with pics!

Edited by robertina

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!!!! *fangurls here too*

PRETTY!!:wub2:

OMG that was just the most fun gig ever! Haven't been back to see other posts so this may be repeating stuff, but anyway here goes with brief report.

The setting was the most exquisite setting for a gig that you could imagine. Quite breathtaking with the ruins all lit up, and the stage was just a mass of sunflowers - beautiful.

It was all seated, but the second Mika came on everyone stood up, and a few people ran to the stage, swiftly followed by hoardes of us - so my seat got used for about 10 seconds before I was out of it and to the front. Yay, front row - if a bit to the side. Security did try to send us all back but it was a hopeless task as none of us were budging, and then John came along and told them to leave us where we were!

Set list - started with Relax, then BG, SITM, Dr John, BB., forget what came next, then KA + Rain, then got distracted by another swarm of security guys trying to move us as a couple of people had managed to get onstage and they were panicking (but we still wouldn't budge!!! And then someone from Mika's organisation told them all to go away and leave us alone, so they slunk off again! Victory!).. Further on there was OMS, HE, Love Today, WAG, GK, Lollipop.

Oh and yes there were BG/LGs for the death march and at the end.

The funniest bit was of course the seat-cushions being hurled all over the place (well there weren't any balloons!) And the stage ended up just awash with the things, despite Mika's attempts to gather them up by the arnful and hurl them back out! He said (referring to the cushion mayhem) that he was so proud to be half Lebanese!

By the end of the show there had been a full-scale stage invasion with dozens of people getting up there, and the secirity guys had just given up completely!

I think quite a few of Mika's family were there - I saw his sister who was looking as cold as I was as we seemed to be the only people there not wearing tons of warm clothes!

Mika and all the guys looked like they were really really enjoying themselves, and the crowd was great - everyone up and dancing even at the back.

I did manage to take a couple of pix, as I took my bag, camera and mobile in. Never even saw a bag deposit place, and no-one stopped people taking pix so don't know what all that stuff that came with the ticket was about!!?!

Oh, my pix look fairly rubbish becsuse I am simply too exciteable to control a camera! I'll see what they look like when I get home, although It may not be till after Eden!

Anyway it's 2.30am now and I have a long flight back tomorrow so guess I should go to bed!

I wouldn't have missed this trip for the world, and I just thank Mika for being the perfect excuse for visiting Lebanon, which is GREAT by the way. I'm not sure any gig will top this one! But then I've never been to the Eden Project before so you never know!

OMG that was just the most fun gig ever! Haven't been back to see other posts so this may be repeating stuff, but anyway here goes with brief report.

The setting was the most exquisite setting for a gig that you could imagine. Quite breathtaking with the ruins all lit up, and the stage was just a mass of sunflowers - beautiful.

It was all seated, but the second Mika came on everyone stood up, and a few people ran to the stage, swiftly followed by hoardes of us - so my seat got used for about 10 seconds before I was out of it and to the front. Yay, front row - if a bit to the side. Security did try to send us all back but it was a hopeless task as none of us were budging, and then John came along and told them to leave us where we were!

Set list - started with Relax, then BG, SITM, Dr John, BB., forget what came next, then KA + Rain, then got distracted by another swarm of security guys trying to move us as a couple of people had managed to get onstage and they were panicking (but we still wouldn't budge!!! And then someone from Mika's organisation told them all to go away and leave us alone, so they slunk off again! Victory!).. Further on there was OMS, HE, Love Today, WAG, GK, Lollipop.

The funniest bit was of course the seat-cushions being hurled all over the place (well there weren't any balloons!) And the stage ended up just awash with the things, despite Mika's attempts to gather them up by the arnful and hurl them back out! He said (referring to the cushion mayhem) that he was so proud to be half Lebanese!

By the end of the show there had been a full-scale stage invasion with dozens of people getting up there, and the secirity guys had just given up completely!

I think quite a few of Mika's family were there - I saw his sister who was looking as cold as I was as we seemed to be the only people there not wearing tons of warm clothes!

Mika and all the guys looked like they were really really enjoying themselves, and the crowd was great - everyone up and dancing even at the back.

I did manage to take a couple of pix, as I took my bag, camera and mobile in. Never even saw a bag deposit place, and no-one stopped people taking pix so don't know what all that stuff that came with the ticket was about!!?!

Oh, my pix look fairly rubbish becsuse I am simply too exciteable to control a camera! I'll see what they look like when I get home, although It may not be till after Eden!

Anyway it's 2.30am now and I have a long flight back tomorrow so guess I should go to bed!

I wouldn't have missed this trip for the world, and I just thank Mika for being the perfect excuse for visiting Lebanon, which is GREAT by the way. I'm not sure any gig will top this one! But then I've never been to the Eden Project before so you never know!

Oh, enigma, i'm so happy for you, tnx for reporting, and wow so soon :mf_lustslow:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:wub2:

thank you SO MUCH for reporting here so quickly!!!!!!:wub2:

sounds like it was AMAZING!!!!!:wub2:

Sounds like you had a blast:wink2:

Go and rest, and see you Sunday:thumb_yello:

Thank you so much for this brilliant report, enigma! :thumb_yello:

Have been waiting for it :naughty: And it was all worth it. Seems that everybody enjoyed it which is perfect for a gig like that. Happy to hear about all the special stuff like the cushions and the stage invasion. Great!

THANK YOU for your report!!!! So much appreciated :flowers2:

Glad you had such an amazing time, hope you didn't catch a cold with only a shirt on :aah:

That gig sounds so much fun and special. I love it how John and others from Mikas team told the security to leave the fans alone :thumb_yello: Shows how much they all trust "us" and feel comfortable with the fans.

I'm sure Mika liked the stage invasion. I remember a vid where he told fans to invade the stage in the evening but they'd have to do it ALL together so the security wouldn't be able to drag them away :lmfao:

Can't wait to vids from that gig!!!

Take care and have a safe trip to Eden!!!! :huglove:

Edited by Nightbird

Brilliant report enigma! I'm so glad it was worth it for you. Sounds like an amazing night.

I so love that Mika's people want the fans to have a blast and participate in the show, etc. I don't recall a stage invasion in a long time and you can see from the pic where he's touching people he felt so comfortable with the crowd.

The pics of the setting are just spectacular. And I didn't realize it would be so cool there at this time of year. Much hotter in Toronto today :aah:

Maybe next time, eh? :wink2:

Thanks for the report! Glad you had so much fun and that the gig was so cool! :wub2:

The stage looks stunning in the pics posted so far, it must have been breathtaking to be there and see it live! :mf_lustslow:

Can't wait to read Racha's report!

Thank you, thank you for the wonderful report!!! :huglove:

it sounds like SO much fun and I'm so happy for you that you got to be there!!! what a wonderful experience :biggrin2:

again, thanks for sharing, and have fun at Eden!!!! x

Oh, enigma, i'm so happy for you, tnx for reporting, and wow so soon :mf_lustslow:

Yes, ditto all that -- so happy you had a fantastic time, and

thank you for checking in with us! :thumb_yello:

Can't wait to see your photos, I'm sure they're much better than you

think!

Report & pictures by BeirutNightLife

Mika an Amazing Opening for Baalbeck International Festival 2010

http://www.beirutnightlife.com/events/mika-an-amazing-opening-for-baalbeck-international-festival-2010/

Thanks for posting!

“Once I watched Sting here in Baalbeck and that time I said, my dream is to perform here and here I am.”

Didn't he play there in 2008 on the last day of his tour? :blink:

Thanks for posting!

“Once I watched Sting here in Baalbeck and that time I said, my dream is to perform here and here I am.”

Didn't he play there in 2008 on the last day of his tour? :blink:

I guess he played in Beirut, not Baalbeck. The festival probably takes place in both cities, no? :blink:

That place looks stunning... Can't get enough of the pics!! :wub2:

WOW! Great link Kumazzz!

I love this picture:

mika_baalbeck_060.jpg

And enigma, thank you for your :fangurl: report.

I wish there were some pictures of the flying cushions :teehee:

Edited by Blue Sky

I guess he played in Beirut, not Baalbeck. The festival probably takes place in both cities, no? :blink:

That place looks stunning... Can't get enough of the pics!! :wub2:

Well, I checked the calender from 2008 and his Baalbeck, but I guess it was something different. :dunno:

Well, I checked the calender from 2008 and his Baalbeck, but I guess it was something different. :dunno:

Yeah, I guess the festival was called Baalbeck something, but his gig was in Beirut. This time I believe it was in Baalbeck, the city. :wink2: But I'm not sure, tho...