2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the first time i´m fangurling over a "reports/pics/vids" thread of a gig which i haven´t been to.....

i would like to go to ANY mika gig... but it´s the first time i really think that i´ve missed the one which worths.....

i´m happy for all of you---:wink2:

Right and Vicky and I happened to read in the other thread that some were complaining about the quickness of the m&g and being all dramatic about it. And I just wanna comment on that saying that you don't pay to meet him but to see his show, the fact that he comes out is an extra. He isn't obliged to meet us but he does it anyway. We should all be grateful for this and stop biatching if we don't get to speak to him longer than 1 second. He is human, he can be tired or he might want to go somewhere else. So I don't want to see any of this moaning again or I shall get Jazzy's fry pan:mf_rosetinted:

Yup:sneaky2:

I seriously missed the bit where I got a frying pan, hahahaha. Wtf is with that?

I'll be sorting out all my shiz tomorrow, got a few good snaps, videoed a LOT, but can't be bothered to battle with the terrible wifi.

Oh and if you watch the birthday present giving bit I apologise for my fangurly moment right at the end, how embarrassing, hahahaah.

NO! We all have them:blush-anim-cl:

I'm still high on mine from Monday:wub2:

Freddie - It ALWAYS rains in Scotland period :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks everyone for all the fabby reports pics and Vids :wub2:

only on days with a Y in them Kath!!:naughty:

Land of my heart for ever, Scotland the Brave! :scot:

Pictures coming up in a couple of days - to be continued

Hehe, looking forward to staying at your new castle! :naughty: Glad you had a brilliant time too Vicky, so did I! :

Thank you and Neil for being such lovely hosts! And also thank you to my roomies for the great company and the late night and breakfast chats :naughty: and to Bubbles as my neighbour on the flight back home! :thumb_yello:

Can't believe we are doing this for more than 3 years already. QUOTE]

I know!! since 2007!! wowo!!! :blush-anim-cl:

have spent over 24hrs trying to upload this - in the end my hubby had to help resize the file for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKf6aPNu3lM hope you like - has taken enough effort to get it online ;) xx

Brilliant thanks!!

Loved that bit as both Mika and David smile at us when he introduces our home boy ( Viv's boy!) !! :teehee:

have spent over 24hrs trying to upload this - in the end my hubby had to help resize the file for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKf6aPNu3lM hope you like - has taken enough effort to get it online ;) xx

Thank you! :flowers2::huglove::I love it! It's the first of this gig I've watched!

I was so busy reading this wonderful thread with so many reports and pics! I almost feel like I was there thanks to you all! :group_hug:

It seems I live in this thread! :naughty:

I love the vid of Mika getting his MFC birthday presents too! If I stop the vid I can see him smiling at my Georgia's drawing! :fangurl:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

i hope so too.... but he´s getting more and more fans.... and most of them (at last here in spain) are screaming and yelling teenagers....:sneaky2: jumping around him.... i´m praying for this not to become into a "tokio-hotel"ish phenomenon... :boxed:

Ugh! Im sorry but screaming your lungs out is NOT going to get his attention, and if it will it wont be for the RIGHT reasons :sneaky2: We don't want our meeks to think were all squeeking-hyperventalating fans who cant compose themselves:aah:

Sorry if I came off rude but these circumstances ruin chances for the fans that truly just want to genuinely chat with him...not tackle him down and make him feel uncomfortable. If that keeps on going we can wave goodbye to M&G's...He's going to begin to get scared of coming out!!

Ugh! Im sorry but screaming your lungs out is NOT going to get his attention' date=' and if it will it wont be for the RIGHT reasons :sneaky2: We don't want our meeks to think were all squeeking-hyperventalating fans who cant compose themselves:aah:

Sorry if I came off rude but these circumstances ruin chances for the fans that truly just want to genuinely chat with him...not tackle him down and make him feel uncomfortable. If that keeps on going we can wave goodbye to M&G's...He's going to begin to get scared of coming out!![/quote']

He knows the people who are safe to talk to, and those who aren't. And he's aware that they'll be a proportion of fans there who will just scream excitedly at him, which I think he finds bizarre and funny at the same time. But he's patient and cool about it, and just quickly signs for them which seems to make them happy, so he gets past them quite fast.

I think I was near you in the Q. I was wearing the big furry hat.

I didn't see you until after the show and I didn't know it was you until I

read here in this thread that you had the furry hat on. :naughty: Next

time you'll have to introduce yourself.

I shall try. But it is very difficult. If not, I SHALL MEET HIM AGAIN AND MAKE SURE MY MUM HAS ACTUALLY PRESSED THE RECORD BUTTON. ah. My mum and her senior moments.

Yes, we mums do have them :wink2: But I'm sure you WILL see Mika again,

even if it takes a while. :thumb_yello: As Mika said to us that night, "There's

always a next time!" :original:

I havent managed to read the thread yet but since there are already 25 pages I guess everything must have already been said about the gig. So for now I'm only gonna say that for me this was an incredibly amazing concert. It was the first time I got to listen to Sweet Dreams live so I was pretty excited about that:wub2: and not only about that...it is always so special to hear Over My Shoulder live and also Kick Ass... Everything about this gig was brilliant:wub2:

The m&g was very well organised and I think my fave one so far:biggrin2:

It was so lovely to meet so many MFC-ers!!! Queueing has never been so much fun before.

I will write a proper report after I've read all the pages of the thread and after I write one for Colmar too. Since my laptop wasnt working this past 2 weeks I havent been able to read this thread yet either. I'll start uploading my vids from Edinburgh very soon too.

PS, thanks Rose for all the news from Italy about you know what:wink2::flowers2:

So David and Martin weren't in kilts? I'm disappointed...

Actually, I got home at 11:30 this morning, but only because Danika, Bab and I drove off when we left the venue at around midnight (via a quick kebab stop, to a place recommended by Sunshine -who, incidentally, called Bab a bitch when he was offering her a hug and she said that she wasn't looking for a hug, but for directions to a kebab place nearby :lmfao:) and came back straight to London :naughty:.

:lmfao: legendary!

Were they good kebabs?

44300_10150245860780321_810005320_14046616_7232398_n.jpg

I assume this was part of the "killing the band members" thing...

oh. that's the group picture that's been uploaded to facebook.

40616_461399593178_657058178_6476812_512914_n.jpg

I was looking at this thinking "that's a nice pic of the mfcers", and eventually I realised that Mika is in there :doh:

He knows the people who are safe to talk to, and those who aren't. And he's aware that they'll be a proportion of fans there who will just scream excitedly at him, which I think he finds bizarre and funny at the same time. But he's patient and cool about it, and just quickly signs for them which seems to make them happy, so he gets past them quite fast.

I'm sorry but I don't think he should classify his fans as safe or not safe.

If he has screaming fans at hig gigs, it's because he has attracted those ones, too. If he plays the sexy shirtless pop star on stage, he's likely to direct his fans' behaviour in a certain direction or appeal to a specific kind of audience.

Moreover, he's 6ft3, don't tell me he can't find a way to show the fans what he wants. Is he so weak that he can't make his fans understand the kind of attitude he expects? Instead of telling the usual fibs in his interview, he could talk about that and make things clear. Unless he pretends to accept all sorts of fans, but then he secretly makes a choice at M&Gs, which wouldn't be honest at all in my opinion.

Following the safe/not safe classification always the same people will end up getting attention at M&Gs. I don't think that's fair.

I hope somebody took a video of lollipop, I will be patient and wait hopefully though :D

i filmed the whole concert, but i don't know how my vid looks like though, only thing i know is that one gets seasick they probably shouldn't watch :roftl: