• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what I understood from it, me too...and very hot item here in Belgium too at the moment....

yes, here in Italy more than ever with the pedophilia, money...etc...

Mika wrote a column about the differences between religion and faith in "God" (I think everyone has a God...Catholic, Muslim, Jewish and even if the origin and the institutions are different...the concept is the same but maybe we divert it with racism and intolerance). Religion is often based on what people tell you to do from generations....for example Mika talks about the feeling, when he was 8yo, that some priests were homosexual and even if the children like him didn't feel it as wrong, all people did the opposite...so he had the sensation that religion was used to repress what was "wrong" and it was a cover, a place to hide. (and I agree!!)

Now he feels that the Religion, The Pope, the institutions are wrong...in crisis because they show they're powerfull, rich, inflexible but is not the right thing to do...."Throw your golden cross in the trash and take a wood one" (sorry for the literal translation) means (I think) that money, power, prestige are not important...what matters is the true essence of faith which should make you feel always welcomed and free to do what you prefer to do (he says he's ok about contraceptives, homosexual marriage and tolerance....).

yes, here in Italy more than ever with the pedophilia, money...etc...

Mika wrote a column about the differences between religion and faith in "God" (I think everyone has a God...Catholic, Muslim, Jewish and even if the origin and the institutions are different...the concept is the same but maybe we divert it with racism and intolerance). Religion is often based on what people tell you to do from generations....for example Mika talks about the feeling, when he was 8yo, that some priests were homosexual and even if the children like him didn't feel it as wrong, all people did the opposite...so he had the sensation that religion was used to repress what was "wrong" and it was a cover, a place to hide. (and I agree!!)

Now he feels that the Religion, The Pope, the institutions are wrong...in crisis because they show they're powerfull, rich, inflexible but is not the right thing to do...."Throw your golden cross in the trash and take a wood one" (sorry for the literal translation) means (I think) that money, power, prestige are not important...what matters is the true essence of faith which should make you feel always welcomed and free to do what you prefer to do (he says he's ok about contraceptives, homosexual marriage and tolerance....).

I love that quote in your post "Throw your golden cross in the trash and take a wood one" ...that really sums it up.

Over here it's mainly the pedophilia that's turning people against the Church. Every week (or even every day) new scandals are uncovered. We have two main news items: politics and abuse within the Church...how sad is that?

I myself am an atheist, but I know and understand that religion is important to many.

I love that quote in your post "Throw your golden cross in the trash and take a wood one" ...that really sums it up.

Over here it's mainly the pedophilia that's turning people against the Church. Every week (or even every day) new scandals are uncovered. We have two main news items: politics and abuse within the Church...how sad is that?

I myself am an atheist, but I know and understand that religion is important to many.

so so sad!

Anyway, I'm in the same Mika's position....I believe in faith...God...but I don't believe in Church anymore.

Edited by Sarina

Actually I'm not an atheist, more like agnostic but I agree with you.:thumb_yello:

Here in our Ortodox Christian church there are the same problems with pedophilia and their political involvment at the various levels of human life and behaviour. But they're even more conservative than Chatolic Church cos they always dropp the charges in these cases and we all know they lie. So sad::boxed:

Actually I'm not an atheist, more like agnostic but I agree with you.:thumb_yello:

Here in our Ortodox Christian church there are the same problems with pedophilia and their political involvment at the various levels of human life and behaviour. But they're even more conservative than Chatolic Church cos they always dropp the charges in these cases and we all know they lie. So sad::boxed:

I think it's mind-boggling the way that the same problems pop up in almost every country. And I suspect it's only a minority of things that happened that surface. I find it truly shocking.

I think it's mind-boggling the way that the same problems pop up in almost every country. And I suspect it's only a minority of things that happened that surface. I find it truly shocking.

The institution of Church (and others) must be in crisis cause people, human beings have been in crisis for pretty long time all over the world.

And you can't solve any of these particular problems if individuals don't take responsibility for their deeds.

The institution of Church (and others) must be in crisis cause people, human beings have been in crisis for pretty long time all over the world.

And you can't solve any of these particular problems if individuals don't take responsibility for their deeds.

And that's a really sore point within this institution.

I can't wait to read the English version of this article. I am so proud of Mika for daring to voice these opinions in the Italian magazine!

I am a Christian, but the Christian church, as a whole, is nothing like the way Jesus meant it to be! The problem is that it's all been changed, and often currupted, by people who are more interested in their own power and status than in, what is meant to be, a faith of service to all. Instead they've made it into a faith where the congregation serve the priests and ministers. That is not Biblical.

I can't speak for what's happening in Islam, or with the Jews, or any other faith, but I amagine it's the same thing. People corrupting the words of God, and it IS the same God for all of us, but corruption in Religeon puts people off, rather than drawing them closer.

That's my view anyway.

I can't wait to read the english version either! It sounds very interesting. I think that Mika and I share the same ideas when it comes to how he feels about institutionalised religion, etc....

It is very brave of him, as someone else just said, to post this in an italian magazine though. Italy is a country that strikes me as highly Catholic in a social way, like Spain, and therefore the audience will be tougher than say for example if he was to publish the same thing in the UK, where society as a whole has a slighly more relaxed view towards religion.

I can't wait to read the english version either! It sounds very interesting. I think that Mika and I share the same ideas when it comes to how he feels about institutionalised religion, etc....

It is very brave of him, as someone else just said, to post this in an italian magazine though. Italy is a country that strikes me as highly Catholic in a social way, like Spain, and therefore the audience will be tougher than say for example if he was to publish the same thing in the UK, where society as a whole has a slighly more relaxed view towards religion.

fortunately spain is learning to see things in mika´s way :naughty:

fa temps que no vens cap aqui??

I can't wait to read the English version of this article. I am so proud of Mika for daring to voice these opinions in the Italian magazine!

I am a Christian, but the Christian church, as a whole, is nothing like the way Jesus meant it to be! The problem is that it's all been changed, and often currupted, by people who are more interested in their own power and status than in, what is meant to be, a faith of service to all. Instead they've made it into a faith where the congregation serve the priests and ministers. That is not Biblical.

I can't speak for what's happening in Islam, or with the Jews, or any other faith, but I amagine it's the same thing. People corrupting the words of God, and it IS the same God for all of us, but corruption in Religeon puts people off, rather than drawing them closer.

That's my view anyway.

I'm muslim and of course you're right.

The situation is exactly the same in Islam.

In Islam, no status, no hierarchy but many people acting in the name of Allah, Islam or faith in a total opposite way to the message of God.

And as usual, those people make so much noise and so much harm that everybody forget they only represent themselves and that most of muslim people want to live in peace.

And that's why muslim have now a so bad reputation in the world :sad: