woow! :shocked: I loved the article!!! excellent written Mika! :clap:

looooooove it too!!!!!!

Nobody is thanking me :sneaky2: (I'm not blaming you, you are all probably lost in Mika's column now :naughty:)

Anyway what does this mean? "I am 27, I am pro choice, pro contraception, pro gay union, pro tolerance, and most of all pro faith if not religion." What does this "pro" mean?

thx to you too for the link :flowers2::wink2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nobody is thanking me :sneaky2: (I'm not blaming you, you are all probably lost in Mika's column now :naughty:)

Anyway what does this mean? "I am 27, I am pro choice, pro contraception, pro gay union, pro tolerance, and most of all pro faith if not religion." What does this "pro" mean?

I share this idea with Mika! absolutely! :thumb_yello:

:shocked: Is this for everyone or only if you're a member of a church?

I quoted you only to say that I love your little avatar pic.:wub2:

One of my hobbies is building miniature things, I'm not sure of the English way to say it, almost like things for dolls houses!

"Whenever I see a church I am attracted to it. I step inside and love the escape and detachment I feel within those walls." I know a church in Stockholm he has to check out then!!!!!

Oh, what church?:wink2:

It means that he is for it not against it!

Now I'm going to read the column!:thumb_yello:

Just seen this posted on Facebook and read it right away :wub2: especially liked this part:

Gold crosses and wealth do not impress and are irrelevant when compared to the most important things that faith can offer. Bin the gold cross and get a wooden one. Let the Church impress with an open heart and not a heavy wallet.

This is so true, and it was interesting to find exactly what religion he belongs to as well.

Just read the translation the mag put up on Twitter. Being brought up in a similar religious enviroment, I agree with what he says here. Like I said earlier, I have become pretty jaded with the church institution itself, but my faith is still strong. I guess this is why I don't attend church as often as I used to, except maybe Christmas, and even then, as much as I love singing the carols and the service itself, I don't feel the same joy as I did when I was a kid.

I could sit in church, when no one else is there, and pray a little, get my head together, but outside when I hear some of the things the institution won't tolerate, I find it hard to feel part of it. The way I see it, the way I've always seen it, the bible can be interpreted in so many different ways, and in a way, it does seem to condradict itself somewhat. One book will preach tolerance and love towards everyone, while another preaches hell and damnation to certain people. No wonder there is so much confusion about it.

And it's written by so many different people, with their own take on events at the time, and with the translation to factor in too, do we really know the finer details of what went on?

I believe the main tenet from it, where several versions of what happened match up, just certain parts that where written and not backed up by others from the time, I find hard to get my head around.

I hope I'm not upsetting anyone with this, it's just my own personal belief. I respect anyone who believes the bible as a whole, that is their right, as is anyone who doesn't believe it at all, I just believe in God and Jesus, and have my own faith built around that, not the church as a whole.

I guess what I'm saying is, I see where Mika is coming from, I feel the same to a certain degree.

Oh, what church?:wink2:

i dont remember the name of it... but i remember where it is! One i went to w. Neo. It was so beautiful and peaceful... just everything about it was amazing!

prob. doesnt look familiar. But its close to the german church????... think thats what it was called! close to the old part of stockholm...

499042.jpg

499037.jpg

499048.jpg

499035.jpg

"En av Stockholms kyrkor. Jag var där igår och blev helt kär. Den kändes så varm och lugn. Dit kommer jag börja gå när jag behöver lugn. Kyrkor inger ett visst lugn och frid, vare sig man är religös av sig eller inte."

i dont remember the name of it... but i remember where it is! One i went to w. Neo. It was so beautiful and peaceful... just everything about it was amazing!

prob. doesnt look familiar. But its close to the german church????... think thats what it was called! close to the old part of stockholm...

499042.jpg

499037.jpg

499048.jpg

499035.jpg

"En av Stockholms kyrkor. Jag var där igår och blev helt kär. Den kändes så varm och lugn. Dit kommer jag börja gå när jag behöver lugn. Kyrkor inger ett visst lugn och frid, vare sig man är religös av sig eller inte."

It must be Storkyrkan, The Big Church, in the old town. It has been recently restored because of the royal wedding!:thumb_yello:

And yeah it's beautiful if you like churches!:wink2:

It must be Storkyrkan, The Big Church, in the old town. It has been recently restored because of the royal wedding!:thumb_yello:

And yeah it's beautiful if you like churches!:wink2:

I have nooooooooo idea of what name! Ask Linus if you need the info :naughty: But it was big... we just didnt got why the hell they have a big golden rooster in the basement :blink: But i LOVED the church and he definitely loved it too a lot! Too bad we werent there to get married :naughty::lmfao:

Is this it? Or am I wrong?

http://xl.repubblica.it/dettaglio/80382

MIKA! The second chapter of Pop Up!, the special column written by Mika especcialy for XL has arrived in the original English version for all the non-Italian speaking fans. There you go... and please, let us know what you think about Mika's personal view on the Church, religion and God.

http://xl.repubblica.it/dettaglio/80382

thank you girls and above all thank you Robi for asking! :bow:

wow... its just amazing!!:shocked:

hes brilliant at writting those!!!

my favorite quote: "I am 27, I am pro choice, pro contraception, pro gay union, pro tolerance, and most of all pro faith if not religion."

:wub2:

sadly this is the only quote i can not understand :shocked:...what does 'pro' mean in this quote?? could someone help? :boxed:

Pro means being for something, in agreement with it.:thumb_yello:

"pro" means "in favour of"

It comes from latin :wink2:

aww I got it!! thanks! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Mika is really a good columnist...can't catch up this with my poor English :wub2:

Thanks the original english part, to Roby who have asked and to who has posted the link :)

No cutted part this time, lovely column i can recognise his style and the person I've always thought Mika was inside! :) :) :)

I really enjoyed reading this one! It's cool to see how he thinks about such a controversial subject. I guess it "fits" what I thought he would think :teehee:, and I'm glad he has the guts to voice his opinion.

The world needs more people like him! :wub2: