• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just came home and thought I already would find the English text and now I´m dissapointed :crybaby:

Next month it is a year that I left the church because I couldn´t agree with so many things the church stands for. Now I´m so curious about Mika´s opinion. I can´t wait any longer................:sneaky2:

I can't wait to read the english version either! It sounds very interesting. I think that Mika and I share the same ideas when it comes to how he feels about institutionalised religion, etc....

It is very brave of him, as someone else just said, to post this in an italian magazine though. Italy is a country that strikes me as highly Catholic in a social way, like Spain, and therefore the audience will be tougher than say for example if he was to publish the same thing in the UK, where society as a whole has a slighly more relaxed view towards religion.

he'll be perfectly safe in the magazine he's writing for. the readers might be even more radical than he is :wink2:

actually we don't feel any special catholic pressure here. you can only suffer from catholic church criticism shortage in the media, that's all :wink2:

I'm muslim and of course you're right.

The situation is exactly the same in Islam.

In Islam, no status, no hierarchy but many people acting in the name of Allah, Islam or faith in a total opposite way to the message of God.

And as usual, those people make so much noise and so much harm that everybody forget they only represent themselves and that most of muslim people want to live in peace.

And that's why muslim have now a so bad reputation in the world :sad:

:huglove:

:flowers2:

Just came home and thought I already would find the English text and now I´m dissapointed :crybaby:

Next month it is a year that I left the church because I couldn´t agree with so many things the church stands for. Now I´m so curious about Mika´s opinion. I can´t wait any longer................:sneaky2:

I haven't been to church, except the odd Christmas, for about 10 years now. I still believe in God, but I got a bit lazy, and since this new Pope was elected, very jaded. He's not who I'd have chosen, I think the African Cardinal should have got it.

well, i guess they cannot post anything till the issue is out to buy! :aah:

i've asked to confirm they will post the english version EVERY MONTH, so that we won't annoy them every time :mf_rosetinted: mika fans CAN be annoying! :naughty:

US??? no were not:mf_rosetinted:

*waits*

i cant wait to read!!!!!!!:wub2:

I haven't been to church, except the odd Christmas, for about 10 years now. I still believe in God, but I got a bit lazy, and since this new Pope was elected, very jaded. He's not who I'd have chosen, I think the African Cardinal should have got it.

I don´t know how it is in other countries but in Germany you are in a church ( I was evangelish- lutherish ) and you have to pay a lot of money every month for the church and if you need anything from the church like a wedding or a funeral you have to pay again. When I left church last year I had to declair that I leave now and have to pay again. I don´t need a church to pray or to do good things for other people....

I don´t know how it is in other countries but in Germany you are in a church ( I was evangelish- lutherish ) and you have to pay a lot of money every month for the church and if you need anything from the church like a wedding or a funeral you have to pay again. When I left church last year I had to declair that I leave now and have to pay again. I don´t need a church to pray or to do good things for other people....

here, in belgium, when you're a catholic, you have to pay if you want to have a mass (wedding, funeral, baptism,...), but you don't have to pay for being in the church (the institution).

The prices of mass etc can be quite steep. like if you want to have a funeral at 11 am you pay a lot more than when you have it at 10 am.

There was a whole article about that recently in a magazine.

We put money on the collection plate, but it's not compulsory, and again with weddings and funerals, you donate, there's no set fee. Up to a few years ago our parish priest was happy to sign passport photos for free, but then the hierarchy started to charge for it, so his hands were tied.

We put money on the collection plate, but it's not compulsory, and again with weddings and funerals, you donate, there's no set fee. Up to a few years ago our parish priest was happy to sign passport photos for free, but then the hierarchy started to charge for it, so his hands were tied.

In Germany is the church tax which is 8% from everything you earn. Then the church sends you a paper to ask you for a special church money you should pay once a year. They also collect money during every mess and you have to pay for weddings and funerals and every now and then children stand in front of your house to collect money for the church.

In Germany is the church tax which is 8% from everything you earn. Then the church sends you a paper to ask you for a special church money you should pay once a year. They also collect money during every mess and you have to pay for weddings and funerals and every now and then children stand in front of your house to collect money for the church.

wow....that's freaking expensive! :boxed: they are worse than the taxman!

My friend was a Baptist in the UK. They were asked to give 10% of their income to the church - it was a "tithe". But no-one ever agreed on whether that was 10% of pre- or post-tax income :teehee: It always struck me as very worldly to have sermons about it :roftl:

I always laugh when the Catholic priest at the church I sing at mentions Gift Aid in the sermon - it happens quite a lot :roftl: (It's an amount of tax they can reclaim from the government on donations from UK taxpayers)

In Holland it's the same. Every year someone came at my door to collect a big bill for the church. When I told them I didn't want to pay this and that I never came in the church (Nederlands hervormd), they told me to write an official letter to the church. After my letter two men came to talk me out of it. But I insisted. So now I'm no longer a churchmember. I believe in my own little way. I try to be good to others, to be honest, and try to be positive, even in difficult times. Don't need the church in my life!

Really?

We have the Gift Aid scheme here, which is for charitiable organisations, and churches come under it too, that takes money you would have to pay in tax, but gets given to the organisation of your choice. But it's not compulsory, so you aren't obliged to pay it, and it's what ever you want to donate.

Got my copy this morning, reading it on breakfast and i was absolutely amazed!

Kudos to Mika, I've agreed on so many levels with him!

It's also a good start for interesting discussions, very impressed and happy :)

Thank Roby to give a voice to us fans ;)