Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

That is what bothers me most. That I share my pics and vids (without watermarks) and people take and upload them to have points :blink: And I know this has happened to many many people.

they also do it if you use watermarks. :mf_rosetinted:

True lol. But I really would like to know the original purpose of the competition. Was it to get people to go to gigs, buy cds and dvds and merchandise or was it just to get people spamming mikasounds.

i guess the reason why universal did it, was to earn more money. and the reason mika wanted to do it, was indeed to award those fans who go to many gigs, buy his merchandise, share their pix/vids etc. - but i guess he didn't think it through. he told the idea to his team, they started getting $$ signs in their eyes, and took care of all the details. i guess at some point along the way, mika understood that the way they did it wasn't the way he had intended it - and therefor left the site alone. :dunno: my interpretation...

so the new "mika's magic numbers" is "allegra's amazing awards"? i'm in! :biggrin2:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they also do it if you use watermarks. :mf_rosetinted:

i guess the reason why universal did it, was to earn more money. and the reason mika wanted to do it, was indeed to award those fans who go to many gigs, buy his merchandise, share their pix/vids etc. - but i guess he didn't think it through. he told the idea to his team, they started getting $$ signs in their eyes, and took care of all the details. i guess at some point along the way, mika understood that the way they did it wasn't the way he had intended it - and therefor left the site alone. :dunno: my interpretation...

so the new "mika's magic numbers" is "allegra's amazing awards"? i'm in! :biggrin2:

They do? Even without removing watermarks? :aah:

Mika definitely had a lovely idea behind this system :wub2: I guess he didn't believe people would cheat the system and spam his web site...

Mika definitely had a lovely idea behind this system :wub2: I guess he didn't believe people would cheat the system and spam his web site...

I think what bothers me almost as much is that they stopped SOME people from cheating while allowing a select few to go nuts and take everything. Some people got banned for the very same behaviour that is being rewarded with a private gig. It's just obscene IMO.

How did you get so many points? I don't mean to be rude, but I am struggling to understand how people can get so many points.

Is it all uploading vids and pics and commenting?

per gig ticket 2500 points

per t-shirt 2000 points

per bag or badges set 500 points

Indeed. I had all of those. Went to a lot of gigs. But have nowhere near the number of points the leader has.

It is unfair ... I have no clue as to who has the lead ... certainly not one of the diehards who actually deserve it :no:

I have a question: does anybody know it in the personal video message Mika says the person's name or something like that??

I'm SO damn curious...I wish I could reach 100000 in time :boxed:

EDIT: got the answer !thanks

you could see some of the videos made on facebook, there are all the same and he don't tell the name of the winner :blink: You can see one of the video win here http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1490926750888

you could see some of the videos made on facebook, there are all the same and he don't tell the name of the winner :blink: You can see one of the video win here http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1490926750888

They did say the name, it is Ana. Here tag is below the video anyway. I heard him thank Justine in another one. Hers was the highest score. And she was an uploader of other people's vids, because I wrote to her about it, and she said everyone else was doing it too.

Indeed. I had all of those. Went to a lot of gigs. But have nowhere near the number of points the leader has.

I repeat for the third time the leader is not one person but 5 to 10 persons on one account that's why this account have more than 500 000 points so quickly :sneaky2: They bought tickets for gigs for them and friends, and merchandising. If they bought 4 or more tickets for 20 gigs or more. It's 2500points per tickets. And if every person of this account bought 10 t-shirts, sweat shirt, bags, set badges. It's norrmal they arrived quickly at 500 000 points. And they upload some videos and pictures, and made comments.

They did say the name, it is Ana. Here tag is below the video anyway. I heard him thank Justine in another one. Hers was the highest score. And she was an uploader of other people's vids, because I wrote to her about it, and she said everyone else was doing it too.

Are you sure she reached 100,000 by uploading other people's videos?

I don't think videos and photos can make such a difference. The only reasonable way to get so many points so quickly is having other people give you their codes for t-shirts, badges, mugs and so on. :dunno:

How do you know hers was the highest score? :blink:

How do you manage to keep an eye on all those people? :shocked:

I don't care that much about how those people got there. They are supposed to check how the winners got the points, it's none of my business. And I don't feel like complaining, moaning and crying over the issue. :no:

I don't understand why her account wasn't block :aah:

They do? Even without removing watermarks? :aah:

yup. they just don't bother, and those who approve them don't care either. :aah:

I think what bothers me almost as much is that they stopped SOME people from cheating while allowing a select few to go nuts and take everything. Some people got banned for the very same behaviour that is being rewarded with a private gig. It's just obscene IMO.

even i was banned at one point, about a year ago, although i did nothing wrong, just uploaded my own stuff! :aah: had to contact deb to get it sorted. :aah:

I don't think videos and photos can make such a difference.:

if you upload 5,000 random pix and vids, and that amount is not hard to find on the web, that's 100,000 points for you. :mf_rosetinted:

even i was banned at one point, about a year ago, although i did nothing wrong, just uploaded my own stuff! :aah: had to contact deb to get it sorted. :aah:

May I ask, what does Deb or anyone else on here have to do with MS?

I repeat for the third time the leader is not one person but 5 to 10 persons on one account that's why this account have more than 500 000 points so quickly :sneaky2: They bought tickets for gigs for them and friends, and merchandising. If they bought 4 or more tickets for 20 gigs or more. It's 2500points per tickets. And if every person of this account bought 10 t-shirts, sweat shirt, bags, set badges. It's norrmal they arrived quickly at 500 000 points. And they upload some videos and pictures, and made comments.

Well we were told this was not allowed, to pool points so we didn't do it, like the idiots we are. Because if we had then perhaps we would be in that position then.

Are you sure she reached 100,000 by uploading other people's videos?

I don't think videos and photos can make such a difference. The only reasonable way to get so many points so quickly is having other people give you their codes for t-shirts, badges, mugs and so on. :dunno:

How do you know hers was the highest score? :blink:

How do you manage to keep an eye on all those people? :shocked:

I don't care that much about how those people got there. They are supposed to check how the winners got the points, it's none of my business. And I don't feel like complaining, moaning and crying over the issue. :no:

Is that only because you're not in the race?

May I ask, what does Deb or anyone else on here have to do with MS?

as an admin on mfc, she knows who in team mika to contact, to sort things like that. :wink2:

Well we were told this was not allowed, to pool points so we didn't do it, like the idiots we are. Because if we had then perhaps we would be in that position then.

i still believe in the good in people... and hope they check before they give out the gig & m+g! :fisch:

apart from that... if it was 5-10 people pooling points, and they allow only 1 or 2 people per account to go to that private gig, i bet the other 3-9 will be very disappointed. :naughty:

yup. they just don't bother, and those who approve them don't care either. :aah:

if you upload 5,000 random pix and vids, and that amount is not hard to find on the web, that's 100,000 points for you. :mf_rosetinted:

I know they banned a fan who has upload more than 2000 videos and pictures she was doing at gigs since 2007 but others who upload pictures and videos which are not their property :sneaky2:

Well, I think they will start suspecting things when they check how those points were collected. :naughty:

I don't think there's something wrong in giving codes to someone else.

They can check whether you bought the tickets or not, but they can't tell you anything about the merch. I don't care if they gave codes from t-shirts and other merch to another person, so that she or he could get the prize.

We can't even be sure that those people will get the first prize in the end. I think we should calm down and relax a little. We can always collect 30,000 euros and hire Mika for a MFC gig :naughty:, although I'm not sure whether many people will be willing to share Mika at such a gig or not. :aah:

Is that only because you're not in the race?

Do you make efforts to be rude or does that come naturally to you? :blink:

Perhaps because I'm watching adults getting mad over a game? :aah:

I mean, Mika won't disappear after the private gig and Champagne M&G, he will still be there for other gigs and M&Gs for all of us. :blink:

Is that such a huge problem if other people win those prizes? :boxed:

as an admin on mfc, she knows who in team mika to contact, to sort things like that. :wink2:

Thanks for your reply :thumb_yello:

I thought MFC and MS were different sites run by different people, and that MFC had nothing to do with Push Entertainment.

Well, I think they will start suspecting things when they check how those points were collected. :naughty:

I don't think there's something wrong in giving codes to someone else.

They can check whether you bought the tickets or not, but they can't tell you anything about the merch. I don't care if they gave codes from t-shirts and other merch to another person, so that she or he could get the prize.

We can't even be sure that those people will get the first prize in the end. I think we should calm down and relax a little. We can always collect 30,000 euros and hire Mika for a MFC gig :naughty:, although I'm not sure whether many people will be willing to share Mika at such a gig or not. :aah:

We are only discussing things! This doesn't mean we are not calm or relaxed. I am very calm and relaxed tonight.

Do you make efforts to be rude or does that come naturally to you? :blink:

Perhaps because I'm watching adults getting mad over a game? :aah:

I mean, Mika won't disappear after the private gig and Champagne M&G, he will still be there for other gigs and M&Gs for all of us. :blink:

It comes naturally to me.

Do you make efforts to see rudeness and slights in every post you read from certain people or does that come naturally to you?

the problem with it is, that those others gained their points in unfair ways, by spamming ms and/or stealing pix+vids. i agree about the merch, if they wanna pool that, alright. but that those people who this competition was usually meant for - mika's devoted followers - are left with nothing, because others played unfair, that's not ok imo. it's not about a game to me, it's about right or wrong, and about getting rewarded for breaking the rules, while those who keep to the rules are left with nothing. i know that this is how life often works, but it definitely shouldn't be like that, and it makes me angry if it happens.

having said that, i think you're right with that we should wait+see. we don't know how many will get those prizes, and like i said, there's still hope that they check the accounts before that. (god bless my optimism! :naughty:)

Archived