Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Tbh, I wondered about how intimate intimate was tbh...he feeds off the crowd so much, and even if they're his most die hard fans, 5 people will not give him the energy he needs. 100 or 200 die hard fans will be an amazing atmosphere.

Actually, he could play the Hundred Club in London...named after its capacity.

Or...the Twelve Bar. :teehee:

I agree, I'm sure he could find some volunteers for a gig!:roftl:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*cracks knuckles* They want a tshirt? They'll get a damn tshirt. :mf_rosetinted:

OMG JUSTIN BIEBER HAS POINTS?

Bye Mika!

Lmao...

If finally we can not win anything... (except a usefull and beautiful collection of remixes :aah:)...

can we recycle points for supermarket or petrol stations? :mf_rosetinted:

i need some points to add to my Esso/Exxon collection of points for a new hand luggage :cool:

Didn't Jo Whiley say that they were like nectar points? and MIKA protested.. :roftl:

No it certainly was not! :roftl: Although in terms of the gig, I remember Mika was insistent there would be ONE gig even though the terms said it would go to 5 people, so maybe they had always planned to hold one gig somewhere and these 5 people would go.

I am guessing everything will be held in London? :dunno:

If that's the case it will likely ensure that only the people who've been going to gigs, etc. will end up there. I'm not sure some of these teenage spammers on the other side of the world are going to be able to make it. :naughty:

I would like to see it open up to more than 5 or 10 people for obvious reasons but I guess it's not that much of a prize then. I just hope at least one or two of the winners are NOT spammers, especially the ones who can make the gig. I think anyone who has gotten the top points through legitimate means has probably met Mika several times, but an acoustic gig for 5 people is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I hope it goes to people who have not spent the past year turning Mika's site to crap and stealing photos and videos from fans who've been supporting him in more tangible ways.

Totally agree.

I thought it was a very interesting announcement from MS and the posts here have been most thoughtful. My view is that it's a good way to bring something that was faulty to a quick-ish end. So many of you (not me, sadly) are hugely creative and will do a great job with the T shirt design.

I must say I seem to have got my postition of 112th because everything I registered went through without problems, but I haven't uploaded a single photo or video and have posted fewer than 10 messages. I wonder how badly I'll tumble down the ratings in this final 8 weeks :blink:

But, I have to say an intimate gig might be too intimate with only 20 or 30 fans. I think 100 (each with a guest) sounds healthier. And I'd make a very good guest :teehee:

Agreed :thumb_yello:

--

As for me I have already sent my t-shirt design to MS, I will let you know if I hear a response..I am currently 649th, I doubt will get anything more then a video collection (that I already have) I really think MS should of thought of what we already have.. I'm sure everyone has Over My Shoulder.. :sneaky2:

In the distant past I looked at some of the photos on MS and everyone seemed to have the same ones - i.e. they'd just nicked them, uploaded them, and got points. I have therefore designed a t-shirt with loads of little rectangles on it, into which I will upload a selection of everyone else's photos, and then I'll win. :teehee: Simples. :thumb_yello:

Tbh, I wondered about how intimate intimate was tbh...he feeds off the crowd so much, and even if they're his most die hard fans, 5 people will not give him the energy he needs. 100 or 200 die hard fans will be an amazing atmosphere.

i don't wanna imagine the fight for front row. :naughty:

i think it's smaller though, if you have a gig with 100 or 200 fans, some might think that they'd prefer the champagne m+g instead of that, which is supposed to be a "lower" prize... :wink2:

i imagine it somewhat like that acoustic session in that house in paris - how big the crowd has to be, depends on the circumstances - maybe just him at the piano and martin with the guitar, a bunch of fans whom he can really interact with in between the songs, and the choice of songs that fits this atmosphere. i think that'd work out fine, even with an audience of just 10 people. (though i hope it's at least 17. :lmfao:)

In the distant past I looked at some of the photos on MS and everyone seemed to have the same ones - i.e. they'd just nicked them, uploaded them, and got points. I have therefore designed a t-shirt with loads of little rectangles on it, into which I will upload a selection of everyone else's photos, and then I'll win. :teehee: Simples. :thumb_yello:

You should wait until the t-shirt designs are up and then nick those for your little rectangles :wink2:

i don't wanna imagine the fight for front row. :naughty:

i think it's smaller though, if you have a gig with 100 or 200 fans, some might think that they'd prefer the champagne m+g instead of that, which is supposed to be a "lower" prize... :wink2:

i imagine it somewhat like that acoustic session in that house in paris - how big the crowd has to be, depends on the circumstances - maybe just him at the piano and martin with the guitar, a bunch of fans whom he can really interact with in between the songs, and the choice of songs that fits this atmosphere. i think that'd work out fine, even with an audience of just 10 people. (though i hope it's at least 17. :lmfao:)

Let's just hope for the top 35, yeah? I think 35 would be nice. XD

I see they're still letting people upload pics :blink:

Are they giving points for them? The idea was to stop awarding points so that the site would move forward organically and not be driven by a contest. I don't think they want people to stop contributing content.

Are they giving points for them? The idea was to stop awarding points so that the site would move forward organically and not be driven by a contest. I don't think they want people to stop contributing content.

No idea:naughty: Shall I upload a pic and see?

Let's just hope for the top 35, yeah? I think 35 would be nice. XD

fine with me. :bleh:

that's the way i understood it too. i uploaded my pix from arbon on tuesday, and got magic numbers for them. uploaded the rest of my videos yesterday, to have it all complete of this tour, not approved yet, will see what happens. :wink2:

i guess you can just try by writing a comment on the site, if your numbers account goes up 5 points, then it's not deactivated yet. :mf_rosetinted:

They are definitely still giving points for comments - don't know about pics as my test one hasn't been approved yet.

Maybe they will disallow points scored after a certain date, when they come to check it all? :dunno:

Not that they gave a firm date for the ending of awarding points etc, we all just assumed it would be with immediate effect. :mf_rosetinted: This is probably expecting too much of MS.:naughty:

Does anybody know the deadline to send the model for the T-shirt ?

I think it's quite important to know, so that we won't miss it ... If somebody have information, can you tell it please ?

Thks

Lots of us have posted comments on MS asking for more information about the competition, and the deadline for entry, but there has been no response yet.

Does anybody know the deadline to send the model for the T-shirt ?

I think it's quite important to know, so that we won't miss it ... If somebody have information, can you tell it please ?

Thks

I want to know that as well...

They didn't even say what sort of file we should send or what colour the t-shirts will be.

People need to know things like that. :blink:

It's all a bit of a mystery when it comes to mikasounds.com

Maybe that's what they mean by 'let your imaginations run wild' :naughty:

I want to know that as well...

They didn't even say what sort of file we should send or what colour the t-shirts will be.

People need to know things like that. :blink:

It's all a bit of a mystery when it comes to mikasounds.com

Maybe that's what they mean by 'let your imaginations run wild' :naughty:

Very, very true..

First up, we want YOU to design a Mika t-shirt. You can be as creative as you like, let your imagination run wild. All entries will be posted on the site and get you a 1000 Mika points.

The winner - as chosen by Mika - will see their design put into production for sale in the Mika Store and also earn 25,000 Mika Points. Just email your designs to tshirts@mikasounds.com for your chance to win.

Secondly, we want to know what you think of Mika’s music - post a video review of your favourite albums and singles to date and it’ll earn you 1500 points.

Good luck everyone.

(Posted on Mikasounds - 31st August 2010)

Bonjour à tous!

j'ai lu le message pour le concours de t-shirts de Mika mais je n'arrive pas à traduire tout... :blink: Si quelqu'un a quelques heures devant lui, pourrait-il me le traduire, s'il-vous-plaît? :roftl:

Merciiiii! :thumb_yello:

"Tout d'abord, on souhaite que vous designiez un T-shirt de Mika. Soyez aussi créatif que vous le pouvez, laissez libre cours à votre imagination. Toute participation au concours sera diffusée sur le site et vous donnera 1000 points pour le Mika Magic Number.

Le gagnant -choisi par Mika - verra son T-shirt mis en production pour être vendu sur le site internet de Mika et gagnera 25.000 points pour le Magic Number. Il vous suffit de nous envoyer par mail à l'adresse suivante tshirts@mikasounds.com votre "dessin" (je pense le résultat final) pour entrer dans la compétition et peut-être gagner."

Je traduis la suite au cas où tu sois aussi intéressé : " On souhaite également savoir ce que tu penses de la musique de Mika. Mets sur le site une vidéo où tu expliques quels sont tes albums et/ou chansons préférées et pourquoi, tu recevras 1.500 points pour le Magic Number en retour.

Bonne chance à tous"

Voilà, la traduction est loin d'être parfaite mais c'est en gros l'idée principale

*cracks knuckles* They want a tshirt? They'll get a damn tshirt. :mf_rosetinted:

LOL! I laughed so hard Jazzy :roftl::roftl:

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

About the points...well...I guess that those 5 and those 10 people will be VERY lucky...and...I'm really curious to know who they are :wink2:

BUT...IMO...they could have allowed more than 10 people for the champagne M&G...more fans then would be rewarned for spending a lot of money in gig's tickets, merchandise, CDs, DVDs and all stuff like that...!

So does this mean that I won't get any points with all those thousands of pics I took during this year? :aah:

I should have uploaded them earlier, lol! :biggrin2:

the same here :boxed:

i didn't know that contributing to mfc earned you any points... :fisch:

me neither :blink:

Will I get a naked gig with my glooooorious 14280 points? :mf_rosetinted:

and YES will be the answer :naughty::roftl:

great! you made me laugh so much :thumb_yello:

About the points...well...I guess that those 5 and those 10 people will be VERY lucky...and...I'm really curious to know who they are :wink2:

BUT...IMO...they could have allowed more than 10 people for the champagne M&G...more fans then would be rewarned for spending a lot of money in gig's tickets, merchandise, CDs, DVDs and all stuff like that...!

It will be interesting to see how this works out, because in fact, the 5 people who score the 500,000 points will in fact be 5 of the 10 people who score the champagne meet and greet...they passed that number of points on their way to 500,000. So there could be 5 people who have had BOTH the M&G and the private gig.:mf_rosetinted:

However, if we choose to think that MS is fair and nice, then the final gig's 5 people will be supplemented by an additional 10 at the M&G.

And anyway, they have now made it sound like they are not specifying how many people.:dunno:

It will be interesting to see how this works out, because in fact, the 5 people who score the 500,000 points will in fact be 5 of the 10 people who score the champagne meet and greet...they passed that number of points on their way to 500,000. So there could be 5 people who have had BOTH the M&G and the private gig.:mf_rosetinted:

However, if we choose to think that MS is fair and nice, then the final gig's 5 people will be supplemented by an additional 10 at the M&G.

And anyway, they have now made it sound like they are not specifying how many people.:dunno:

Yes...this is weird....:aah:

And about the last part...I SO agree....we need to know how many and they need to be more specific. If we know that only 10 or 15 people will be allowed at the champagne M&G...well...bye bye to the point system for all the others :roftl:

But I still don't understand HOW those people reached 500000.....I guess it's almost impossible...:shocked:

Archived