Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think that was the proof that everybody in TM, mika himself, do a lot of confusion between mfc and ms! :naughty:

but iiirc, in this australian fan interview, he especially asked the fan whether she meant mikafanclub.com or mikasounds, and then answered bout mfc - so i think he knows very well that there's a difference... and one didn't get points for posting on the mikasounds forum either, right? :blink:

but iiirc, in this australian fan interview, he especially asked the fan whether she meant mikafanclub.com or mikasounds, and then answered bout mfc - so i think he knows very well that there's a difference... and one didn't get points for posting on the mikasounds forum either, right? :blink:

i don't know really...i leave the subtleties to you...i cannot care less!

but the confusion is there...we have proofs every odd day! :lmfao:

i believe points were given for posting on mikasounds.

i'm 100% sure that's what he was referring too.

i don't know really...i leave the subtleties to you...i cannot care less!

but the confusion is there...we have proofs every odd day! :lmfao:

well, it both starts with "mika", who cares whether it has a "fanclub" or a "sounds" in the end. :naughty:

I hope they'll realize what they've done wrong and learn from their mistakes.

Hopefully, there's one of them, reading this thread and the opinions.

I was so curious when Mika anncounced the content for the new website. It's a pity that they didn't realized it, of course it's hard work but they should've known their own limits.

In this case I prefer the former mikasound page. It had kind of "flair" and the people vistited it because of clues and blogs and videos and news and creative things and and and..

What's with the Blackall Project BTW?

Pity, about Mikas magic numbers. People like me haven't got the chance to collect enough, but I can life with it. One great artist once said: There is a wall between me and the people(fans) around. It's true. Most also see the artist but not the man behind and the few who would be interested will never get the chance. Its nice to be a fan but please accept that also cute Mika sometimes needs distance:wink2::dog

What's with the Blackall Project BTW?

LOL. It amused him for a while but now it's somewhere in the dusty recesses of his new house that he most definitely has bought and is now living in. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Ahhh I love that man.

LOL. It amused him for a while but now it's somewhere in the dusty recesses of his new house that he most definitely has bought and is now living in. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Ahhh I love that man.

It's the wallpaper in the guest room.:naughty:

Ah, I'm only in 504th place, so I'm not holding my breath for anything, but it's nice they're changing how people get points now. I might enter the t-shirt competition if they tell us more information about it :aah:

I'm happy it's going to end soon, but I really wanted the artwork. :tears: I would buy one if some were put on sale. :wub2:

Ditto! I wasn't close at all though, nor was I active in spamming haha. I hope one day some of the art will be on sale.

Yes, those points HAVE been getting spammers the top prizes. The girl with the video message from Mika that Blue Sky referred to lives far from Europe so there is no chance she gained those points by going to gigs, etc. I don't think she had a winning entry in the WAG competition either.

There is also another girl in the same position. I saw them both moaning on Mika's wall one day, demanding that he send them their video because he was taking too long. :aah:

That's all kinds of lame. :no:

I guess Mika and his team just wanted to please everyone and every categories of fans he has... and of course some people were happy with the magic numbers stuff and/or his old mikasounds (with the blogs, videos and stuff)... Of course everything is not perfect, and there are always things that go wrong but I don't think a lot of artists and their teams have done such work before... they try to "invest" fans in their creations, shows like this... by the way if they think they don't have time anymore to "invest" so much in this kind of actions they will just stop if there is not a good feedback... With this third album we don't know how it will turn...

I just wonder about the logistics of the whole exercise - I mean, even if you finish in the top 50 or whatever, you would presumably have to make your own way to the proposed champagne meeting. And where would they hold it?

The Magic Numbers thing was never really thought through properly, was it? :wink2:

And certainly never policed or the real spammers would have been stopped.

I was just thinking the same thing...

I wonder what they will do if someone tells them that they can't make the concert/champagne M&G? Do they go to the next person in line? :blink:

Having expressed my discontent with this on Mikasounds, where my post will no doubt just be ignored, I just wish to reiterate Christine's comments regarding the spam and stealing of other people's video and photos for illicit gain of points.

The other thing that annoys me is that ultimately, the prizes collected along the way will have all been collected by the same people. So it is not like you used up your 35,000 points and got digital remixes (or whatever), you scored them on your way to the next prize of the video message, which you scored on your way to the next prize of the champagne M&G etc.

If they were thinking they could gauge the level of devotedness of a fan by the Magic Points (especially the points allocated for comments, vids and photos), they are seriously mistaken. Everyone who has posted thousands of times on MFC would be vying for most devoted fan, and our site is far better run and organised than MS. We clear out spammers and trolls pretty fast round here on MFC, but MS has ignored this behaviour since the start, and WORSE has even rewarded it with video messages and now, most likely, the M&G and gig.

And before anyone thinks I am just being sour grapes....my photos and videos from Japan were uploaded by these spammers, and when I questioned them, they replied that "everyone does it". Really? :sneaky2:

And because my gig tickets were bought for shows in Japan, there were no magic points allocated, so I am sitting outside the top 100, and far from getting even a video message:aah:

I will just be glad when it is all over and off MS.:sneaky2:

Obviously I'm not a very devoted fan :teehee:

I'll be glad when it's finished too... I thought it was a waste of time...

Just had a brainwave of how this COULD have been so much easier - each user registers ONE youtube account and ONE photo hosting account. Then they could upload their media via those channels and ONLY those channels. Of course people could download other people's stuff and put it on their own accounts, but it would be a lot more difficult and a lot more time consuming. It'd certainly stamp out a lot of the problems, but alas, it's vaguely logical, and thus not feasible. :mf_rosetinted:

:bow:

I think I know which one you're talking about...

I've entered the t-shirt competition. I shall give a video response too if that's what they want:mf_rosetinted:

I might make some dead cocky animation that basically says live = better with video evidence, hahaha. That'll be fun!

Edoclaire, I understand what you're trying to say, but wanted to comment

on the sentence I made bold above. It may have been *mikasounds*

first time at this sort of thing, but it was not PUSH's -- PUSH is the

company that organized the whole Magic Numbers competition. They

do competitions like this a lot, have done them for a number of other

big celebrities. So they SHOULD have known better, and done a better

job of organizing it. And when they were getting all of the comments

from us, they should have taken them into consideration instead of

brushing them off as insignificant just because they came from "fans."

I have no doubt that the people who win the private gig will be Mika fans.

But the point of the competition, as stated from the outset, was that

Mika wanted to reward the most devoted fans.

I guess our definition of what "most

devoted fans" means could vary, but I hardly think it has to do with

people who sit in front of the computer for hours at a time to

send hundreds of messages and post hundreds of photos and videos

that aren't their own. :dunno:

Ok, I do agree with you. I just wanted to add a "nice" or "comprehensive" comment :wink2: after having read so many angry comments :sneaky2:.

Nonetheless, I'm still on your side and I support you when you underline the true weaknesses of Magic Number process...

I thought it was a very interesting announcement from MS and the posts here have been most thoughtful. My view is that it's a good way to bring something that was faulty to a quick-ish end. So many of you (not me, sadly) are hugely creative and will do a great job with the T shirt design.

I must say I seem to have got my postition of 112th because everything I registered went through without problems, but I haven't uploaded a single photo or video and have posted fewer than 10 messages. I wonder how badly I'll tumble down the ratings in this final 8 weeks :blink:

But, I have to say an intimate gig might be too intimate with only 20 or 30 fans. I think 100 (each with a guest) sounds healthier. And I'd make a very good guest :teehee:

I thought it was a very interesting announcement from MS and the posts here have been most thoughtful. My view is that it's a good way to bring something that was faulty to a quick-ish end. So many of you (not me, sadly) are hugely creative and will do a great job with the T shirt design.

I must say I seem to have got my postition of 112th because everything I registered went through without problems, but I haven't uploaded a single photo or video and have posted fewer than 10 messages. I wonder how badly I'll tumble down the ratings in this final 8 weeks :blink:

But, I have to say an intimate gig might be too intimate with only 20 or 30 fans. I think 100 (each with a guest) sounds healthier. And I'd make a very good guest :teehee:

Ruth.....................seriously Off Topic here but I didn't realise you were a world rep now!

Yeah, I agree about the initimate gig...some things can be TOO intimate I feel :naughty:

Ruth.....................seriously Off Topic here but I didn't realise you were a world rep now!

Yeah, I agree about the initimate gig...some things can be TOO intimate I feel :naughty:

Tbh, I wondered about how intimate intimate was tbh...he feeds off the crowd so much, and even if they're his most die hard fans, 5 people will not give him the energy he needs. 100 or 200 die hard fans will be an amazing atmosphere.

Actually, he could play the Hundred Club in London...named after its capacity.

Or...the Twelve Bar. :teehee:

Archived