Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Thanks for your reply :thumb_yello:

I thought MFC and MS were different sites run by different people, and that MFC had nothing to do with Push Entertainment.

as far as i know, they don't... but not sure, i'm not informed about their contacts in particular... in any case, mfc can contact team mika, and they can contact push entertainment. :wink2: and yes, the sites are run by different people, but of course it's closer together since mfc has become official - it's 2 different sites, but those who run them talk with each other. :wink2:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are only discussing things! This doesn't mean we are not calm or relaxed. I am very calm and relaxed tonight.

It comes naturally to me.

:lol3:

Unfortunately some people who are taking part in the competition are being mentioned. They may be cheating, but I don't think it's nice.

A friendly letter to Push Entertainment signed by disappointed MFCers would be better perhaps. :biggrin2:

Thanks for your reply. Now I feel better. :original:

the problem with it is, that those others gained their points in unfair ways, by spamming ms and/or stealing pix+vids. i agree about the merch, if they wanna pool that, alright. but that those people who this competition was usually meant for - mika's devoted followers - are left with nothing, because others played unfair, that's not ok imo. it's not about a game to me, it's about right or wrong, and about getting rewarded for breaking the rules, while those who keep to the rules are left with nothing. i know that this is how life often works, but it definitely shouldn't be like that, and it makes me angry if it happens.

having said that, i think you're right with that we should wait+see. we don't know how many will get those prizes, and like i said, there's still hope that they check the accounts before that. (god bless my optimism! :naughty:)

I know it's unfair, but they didn't check in the first place.

Again, a friendly :naughty: letter would be more effective perhaps. But those people only cheated because nobody stopped them. It's human and I knew it would happen. I see my students at school: if they can cheat, they will cheat in all the possible ways. :boxed:

Well, I think they will start suspecting things when they check how those points were collected. :naughty:

I don't think there's something wrong in giving codes to someone else.

They can check whether you bought the tickets or not, but they can't tell you anything about the merch. I don't care if they gave codes from t-shirts and other merch to another person, so that she or he could get the prize.

We can't even be sure that those people will get the first prize in the end. I think we should calm down and relax a little. We can always collect 30,000 euros and hire Mika for a MFC gig :naughty:, although I'm not sure whether many people will be willing to share Mika at such a gig or not. :aah:

Do you make efforts to be rude or does that come naturally to you? :blink:

Perhaps because I'm watching adults getting mad over a game? :aah:

I mean, Mika won't disappear after the private gig and Champagne M&G, he will still be there for other gigs and M&Gs for all of us. :blink:

Is that such a huge problem if other people win those prizes? :boxed:

Something change in those prizes now it's a very private gig with the very top accounts, and the M&G seems not to be at a gig in the country of the different winners but a M&G I don't know where and when :shocked: Seriously mikasounds.com is the Bermuda Triangle of the web. Always strange and mysterious things that we can't explain happened on this website :roftl:

Something change in those prizes now it's a very private gig with the very top accounts, and the M&G seems not to be at a gig in the country of the different winners but a M&G I don't know where and when :shocked: Seriously mikasounds.com is the Bermuda Triangle of the web. Always strange and mysterious things that we can't explain happened on this website :roftl:

Unfortunately the regulations allow them to change things on the run. :sad:

I just wanted a bloody artwork. :aah::hair:

Ok now all the evil particles have left my body. :mf_rosetinted:read.gifpopcorm2.gif

I know it's unfair, but they didn't check in the first place.

Again, a friendly :naughty: letter would be more effective perhaps. But those people only cheated because nobody stopped them. It's human and I knew it would happen. I see my students at school: if they can cheat, they will cheat in all the possible ways. :boxed:

well yes, i agree that it's the organizers who can be blamed the most for not stopping those cheaters. and like christine said, some were banned, others weren't. and the way they banned people, without any notice, wasn't ok either. at least they should've really checked the accounts before awarding prizes over 100.000 points - that would be about 20 people til now, really not asked too much, is it?! :blink:

but i guess that either they simply had no idea, and were too lazy to check for example whether a lot of the uploaded pix by those people were from magazines/photoshoots. or they recognized at some point that it'd be only about 10 people who would reach 100,000 points by legal means, and then thought, ok sod it, mika can do video messages for the cheaters as well, it's still much less than the 200 that were usually planned. so far, so good. but they shouldn't do that for the 2 top prizes, if they say they award them only to the top collectors. so... i'd definitely sign that letter you mentioned. :bleh: even if i might be lucky and still among those "top collectors", there are a lot of people here on mfc who deserve it a lot more than those spammers/thieves. :fisch:

well yes, i agree that it's the organizers who can be blamed the most for not stopping those cheaters. and like christine said, some were banned, others weren't. and the way they banned people, without any notice, wasn't ok either. at least they should've really checked the accounts before awarding prizes over 100.000 points - that would be about 20 people til now, really not asked too much, is it?! :blink:

but i guess that either they simply had no idea, and were too lazy to check for example whether a lot of the uploaded pix by those people were from magazines/photoshoots. or they recognized at some point that it'd be only about 10 people who would reach 100,000 points by legal means, and then thought, ok sod it, mika can do video messages for the cheaters as well, it's still much less than the 200 that were usually planned. so far, so good. but they shouldn't do that for the 2 top prizes, if they say they award them only to the top collectors. so... i'd definitely sign that letter you mentioned. :bleh: even if i might be lucky and still among those "top collectors", there are a lot of people here on mfc who deserve it a lot more than those spammers/thieves. :fisch:

I don't agree on that, because I think nobody can tell who deserves what. The competition is about buying things and getting a reward, not about how much you love Mika. I won't win the private gig, but I don't consider myself a less important fan. Is there really a fan number one? There are lots of many different and mixed reasons that push people to become fan. Some people may collect points just because they get competitive. :dunno: There may be people who really can't afford to take part in the competition or can't leave their family to attend gigs :boxed: and people whose browser doesn't open http://www.mikasounds.com. :naughty:

I don't agree on that, because I think nobody can tell who deserves what. The competition is about buying things and getting a reward, not about how much you love Mika. I won't win the private gig, but I don't consider myself a less important fan. Is there really a fan number one? There are lots of many different and mixed reasons that push people to become fan. Some people may collect points just because they get competitive. :dunno: There may be people who really can't afford to take part in the competition or can't leave their family to attend gigs :boxed: and people whose browser doesn't open http://www.mikasounds.com. :naughty:

exactly. buying things. not spamming. not stealing. not pooling. it's not against the rules to buy all that sandbag offers multiple times, and get points for it - so the one with the most money would win that competition. that's not exactly wonderful, but it's according to the rules. not many people can afford that though. by "deserving" it, i don't mean that they love mika more than others or anything, but that they gained their points without cheating. :wink2:

Well, I think they will start suspecting things when they check how those points were collected. :naughty:

I don't think there's something wrong in giving codes to someone else.

They can check whether you bought the tickets or not, but they can't tell you anything about the merch. I don't care if they gave codes from t-shirts and other merch to another person, so that she or he could get the prize.

We can't even be sure that those people will get the first prize in the end. I think we should calm down and relax a little. We can always collect 30,000 euros and hire Mika for a MFC gig :naughty:, although I'm not sure whether many people will be willing to share Mika at such a gig or not. :aah:

Do you make efforts to be rude or does that come naturally to you? :blink:

Perhaps because I'm watching adults getting mad over a game? :aah:

I mean, Mika won't disappear after the private gig and Champagne M&G, he will still be there for other gigs and M&Gs for all of us. :blink:

Is that such a huge problem if other people win those prizes? :boxed:

I think it's more like 300,000 euro's I think you'll find.

And Babs wasn't being rude, she was asking a perfectly valid question.

Personally, I'm annoyed that these people couldn't win it fairly and squarely, like the rest of us were doing things by the book.

Taking other peoples vids and pics to get points, is stealing, no other way of looking at it, no matter what lame excuse you come up with to "validate" it!:sneaky2:

May I ask, what does Deb or anyone else on here have to do with MS?

I thought MFC and MS were different sites run by different people, and that MFC had nothing to do with Push Entertainment.

Although MFC is run by us, and Mikasounds by Universal, they

have worked with us -- they asked the MFC mod team to test the MS site

before it went live, for example. When the Mika's Magic Numbers program

first started we had almost daily contact with PUSH entertainment, speaking

with them about the program's requirements and limitations. Over the

months, we have spoken to them many times regarding issues that have

come up over the program. So we don't run the program, but we

have had input. :thumb_yello:

I think it's more like 300,000 euro's I think you'll find.

Yes, when we tried to draw attention to all the problems with this program, the comments we received from Push were often along the lines of "it's just a game". Err it's not a game when the prize is a quarter of a million dollars+. :doh:

May I ask, what does Deb or anyone else on here have to do with MS?

I think Debs and some others here, helped out with ironing out the glitches on MS, before they launched it. Kind of like being their guinea pigs for various things they needed to check o.:thumb_yello:

Although MFC is run by us, and Mikasounds by Universal, they

have worked with us -- they asked the MFC mod team to test the MS site

before it went live, for example. When the Mika's Magic Numbers program

first started we had almost daily contact with PUSH entertainment, speaking

with them about the program's requirements and limitations. Over the

months, we have spoken to them many times regarding issues that have

come up over the program. So we don't run the program, but we

have had input. :thumb_yello:

I think Debs and some others here, helped out with ironing out the glitches on MS, before they launched it. Kind of like being their guinea pigs for various things they needed to check o.:thumb_yello:

I see. Thank you.

Deb and mods guinea pigs :naughty:

yes but the G Forces ones! with superpowers :clap:

there is even some of them who translated the official instructions in foreign languages :fisch:

polyglot guinea pig :thumb_yello:

Calling all Mika’s Magic Numbers players - the end is almost here.

For the past few months you’ve been racing to accumulate points by entering competitions, buying tickets, merch and records and contributing to the Mika fanclub.

Alas, all good things must end, and the game is coming to a close on October 31st, 2010.

At that time, the very top players will be invited to an exclusive, intimate Mika gig. Yet more leading number nabbers will be invited to an exclusive Champagne reception with Mika himself.

In the meantime, we will no longer be awarding points for posting comments, photos or videos to mikasounds. You’ve all done us proud and helped build a thriving community. Now we think it’s time to let it grow at its own pace.

Instead there’ll be two new ways you can win points as Mika’s Magic Numbers draws to a close.

First up, we want YOU to design a Mika t-shirt. You can be as creative as you like, let your imagination run wild. All entries will be posted on the site and get you a 1000 Mika points.

The winner - as chosen by Mika - will see their design put into production for sale in the Mika Store and also earn 25,000 Mika Points. Just email your designs to tshirts@mikasounds.com for your chance to win.

Secondly, we want to know what you think of Mika’s music - post a video review of your favourite albums and singles to date and it’ll earn you 1500 points.

Good luck everyone.

(Posted on Mikasounds - 31st August 2010)

indeed 100,000 points in a week or so... that was a bit insane

there were lots of gaps in the rules ... and the biggest mistake of the organizers is that they didn't stipulate it properly

that's why all spamming and stealing occurred

there's lots of double posts on the site, lots of similar pics and lots of comments about nothing ... but there are also people who just post comments and communicate on the site ... and i don't consider them spammers... besides it's also the way to earn points, slow but allowed one

i really don't like people who upload other people pics or post comments dividing one sentence in one words comments... but that's up to them and on their own responsibility... and again it's not me to judge ... they have admins on this site whose job is to track such people down and take relevant actions

indeed 100,000 points in a week or so... that was a bit insane

there were lots of gaps in the rules ... and the biggest mistake of the organizers is that they didn't stipulate it properly

that's why all spamming and stealing occurred

there's lots of double posts on the site, lots of similar pics and lots of comments about nothing ... but there are also people who just post comments and communicate on the site ... and i don't consider them spammers... besides it's also the way to earn points, slow but allowed one

i really don't like people who upload other people pics or post comments dividing one sentence in one words comments... but that's up to them and on their own responsibility... and again it's not me to judge ... they have admins on this site whose job is to track such people down and take relevant actions

Yes ... cant help but agree , I looked at some of the video uploads and many towards the end were not even Mika related :shocked:

Great idea , poorly run overall I must say.

It really did promote mass spamming , then when people were banned for that there was just SO much mail that contact was poor to resolve it

i agree... i don't think there's more than one person (or... account :fisch:) that has reached 500.000 points. tbh, i'd be surprised if the other 15 with more points than me had much more than 200.000... :dunno: - but i also might be completely wrong with that. :aah:

You're right. I know that the 5th has less than 200.000 points.

Archived