Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Because Mikasounds said that there are going to be only ONE private gig for the top winners and we KNOW that they won't spend too much money for Mika to do this gig... :naughty:

Mikasounds says lots of things. Mika said it was a living-room gig at the beginning, but it isn't. The deadline was October 31st, but the points are still being added... :dunno:

We still don't know where all the winners are from. If some of them are in the same country, he could go there. I don't see where the problem is. He likes travelling anyway and he could manage to do something else at the same time (gigs, promotion, tv shows, radio interviews, Lebanese cooking workshop :mf_rosetinted:, etc.). :biggrin2:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mikasounds says lots of things. Mika said it was a living-room gig at the beginning, but it isn't. The deadline was October 31st, but the points are still being added... :dunno:

We still don't know where all the winners are from. If some of them are in the same country, he could go there. I don't see where the problem is. He likes travelling anyway and he could manage to do something else at the same time (gigs, promotion, tv shows, radio interviews, Lebanese cooking workshop :mf_rosetinted:, etc.). :biggrin2:

If the deadline was the 31st, maybe any point won after that deadline does not count. Though they'd better stop adding points and announce the winners. Ppl is getting confused.

(I liked the Lebanese cooking idea :biggrin2: Yum Yum! )

If the deadline was the 31st, maybe any point won after that deadline does not count. Though they'd better stop adding points and announce the winners. Ppl is getting confused.

(I liked the Lebanese cooking idea :biggrin2: Yum Yum! )

I would say that the spammers are getting wild. :sneaky2:

an excerpt from the terms+conditions, i guess this answers the question about who pays the travel. :wink2:

Reward Redemption

18. In order to qualify for a Reward, the Member must have sufficient points in his or her

account to redeem the Reward from the current rewards as detailed at

http://www.mikasounds.com.'>http://www.mikasounds.com. As off 13th July 2009 the list of rewards and points levels they

redeem include some rewards that are only available in limited quantities, they are.

500,000 points Private Acoustic Set with MIKA (first 5 only)

325,000 points Champagne Meet & Greet (first 10 only)

225,000 points Signed and Personalised MIKA award (first 75 only)

150,000 points Signed/Framed numbered artwork (first 150 only)

100,000 points Personalised Visual Message (first 200 only)

19. It is solely the responsibility of the Member to be informed about the Program and to

request the specific Rewards by email to mikapoints@pushentertainment.com.

20. For any rewards that are automatically available via http://www.mikasounds.com these will appear

in the Member account once the appropriate number of points is reached.

21. Rewards may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, brokered or purchased.

22. Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash, prizes or credit. Rewards are not exchangeable. The member shall assume full responsibility for any travel and accommodation expenses arising as a result of participating in a Reward.

so the original idea was that the first 5 who get 500.000 points would get a private gig. i suppose that it really meant private in this case, so especially for this person. it says in the description on the website "for you and a small group of friends", i'd understand it that way that it means me and my friends, not any other members. and since i still don't think that anyone except for no.1 has over 500.000 points, i could imagine that they do one private gig for this person, and one for the other *however many* - because awarding a private gig to anyone who doesn't have 500.000 points is just an extra which they give - and it still saves them money, if they only have to play 2 instead of 5 gigs. :bleh:

the m+g on the other hand was never said to be private...

The problem is that all things has changed since the end of August, and it's not really clear, like all things on mikasounds.com :sneaky2::roftl:

I'm just sure that just one gig is organise for winners, and all these winners must pay their travel and their hotel :sneaky2:

It's not really fair for those people who spend lots of money on the tour and on merchandising, because at the beginning in the terms and conditions winners of the private gig don't have to pay for travel and hotel :boxed:

I assume that they have exercised their random right to change rules anytime, for the bit in the terms and conditions, where they give you three months after the termination of the program to redeem your points.

4. The Program has no predetermined termination date and may continue until such time as

Push Entertainment Ltd, decides to terminate the Program, at any time, with or without

notice. Members will have three months from the date Program termination is announced to

accumulate and redeem a desired Reward. This means that, regardless of the amount you

participate in the Program, your right to accumulate points and claim Rewards can be

terminated by Push Entertainment Ltd, three months after Push Entertainment Ltd

announces Program termination

If indeed they have not altered this, then that would mean that people could redeem points until January 31st 2011:aah:

And you know, if they still have a T shirt contest that has not yet had points awarded (that we know of), then final placings cannot be sure. I guess we may never hear about the T shirt again, just like we never heard about the answers to "ask a question" etc. There's a few points up for grabs for the person who wins the T shirt, so it could make them jump a few places and be the difference between getting a gig/M&G/signed artwork.

But I do have to force myself to stop caring. I am not exactly in the running for anything when none of my Japanese gigs got points for tix.:aah:

If indeed they have not altered this, then that would mean that people could redeem points until January 31st 2011:aah:

They announced on September 1 that the program would be terminated so that takes it until the end of this month. Anyway presumably people will be redeeming points well into next year because I doubt that Mika will do this gig or the meet and greet before then.

I can't understand how anyone thought travel was included in this prize. You do realize it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for Mika to go and play in the living rooms of 5 different winners all over the world? And the idea that they could throw this gig and a champagne meet and greet without spending any money is absurd. Unless Mika invites people into his flat and serves them tap water, then it's going to cost money. :lmfao:

They announced on September 1 that the program would be terminated so that takes it until the end of this month. Anyway presumably people will be redeeming points well into next year because I doubt that Mika will do this gig or the meet and greet before then.

I can't understand how anyone thought travel was included in this prize. You do realize it would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for Mika to go and play in the living rooms of 5 different winners all over the world? And the idea that they could throw this gig and a champagne meet and greet without spending any money is absurd. Unless Mika invites people into his flat and serves them tap water, then it's going to cost money. :lmfao:

If they do throw them in the end, since the winners have to pay! :lmfao:

My guess is that he'll do one private gig in one city (probably London) for the top however many - and that the winners will be responsible for flights and accomodation to wherever the gig is. Same with the champagne party.

Yes, probably something like that :)

I was never a believer in the first place...:teehee: However, I find it really entertaining and I am curious to find out how it is going to end.:biggrin2:

I'm curious too.

And you know, if they still have a T shirt contest that has not yet had points awarded (that we know of), then final placings cannot be sure. I guess we may never hear about the T shirt again, just like we never heard about the answers to "ask a question" etc. There's a few points up for grabs for the person who wins the T shirt, so it could make them jump a few places and be the difference between getting a gig/M&G/signed artwork.

Ha! I'd forgotten about the questions!

Probably best to forget everything point related :roftl:

Works for me:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Archived