Mika's Magic Numbers - The Final Countdown

FREDDIESDOUBLE

At least they are approving the reviews and giving the points. :wink2:

We must be grateful for that :naughty:

But you can still get points for comments :blink: and that was supposed to have stopped months ago.

Maybe nobody ever told them we were still getting points for comments :roftl:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This whole "end of the Magic Numbers" thing has been a complete shambles :naughty:

surprise surprise :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe nobody ever told them we were still getting points for comments :roftl:

:shocked: we'll all be banned for not stopping to comment when they wrote it in their mail! :shocked::roftl:

What I find interesting about this discussion is the way different people view the concept of "spamming".

Some people consider posting comments spam; Others consider it to be spam when people post tons of pictures that are not really related to Mika in any direct or even semi direct way :dunno:

****** testing ******

:naughty: Never mind- I'm just trying to see if I'm getting points added on Mikasounds for my MFC posts :teehee:

:roftl:

Nothing :sneaky2:

Maybe the nice people at Mikasounds are sleeping now? :dunno:

What I find interesting about this discussion is the way different people view the concept of "spamming".

Some people consider posting comments spam; Others consider it to be spam when people post tons of pictures that are not really related to Mika in any direct or even semi direct way :dunno:

whatever WE consider as spam doesn't matter though - it's only spam if mikasounds thinks it is. :naughty:

for me, spam are for example those comments where people build a whole sentence by posting just one letter per comment! :aah:

posting pix that aren't in any way related to mika are no spam, but they're against one of the few clear rules that mikasounds gave for the competition. :wink2: same for "many similar pix" - but the interpretation what is similar, or until when it's still mika related does vary widely. :dunno:

I posted my video review 10 days ago and it was not still approved..

Is anybody else in the same situation?:blink:

It was the same for me but I have been given 1500 points yesterday November 1st ! However, I did not get any points for the t-shirt design I hsent them ages ago...

for me, spam are for example those comments where people build a whole sentence by posting just one letter per comment! :aah:

posting pix that aren't in any way related to mika are no spam, but they're against one of the few clear rules that mikasounds gave for the competition.

Comment posting the way you mention is not against the rules, either. :dunno:

I personally find it more pathetic if someone posts a picture of themselves claiming to be Mika related since they are fans, or a picture of their dog because she often barks to Grace Kelly :pinkbow:

whatever WE consider as spam doesn't matter though - it's only spam if mikasounds thinks it is. :naughty:

yes, this is what all picture and comment spammers abuse and I don't blame them. Referring to an earlier post of yours here, you do not need to understand web programming to realise that the rules of the competition encouraged spamming. It was not thought through, or in case it was, the site owner's (Universal) main objective was to generate as much traffic to Mikasounds as possible so that they could sell advertising space on it. :cool:

It was the same for me but I have been given 1500 points yesterday November 1st ! However, I did not get any points for the t-shirt design I hsent them ages ago...

Same here.

Comment posting the way you mention is not against the rules, either. :dunno:

I personally find it more pathetic if someone posts a picture of themselves claiming to be Mika related since they are fans, or a picture of their dog because she often barks to Grace Kelly :pinkbow:

A video would have been better. During the performance, of course.:teehee:

Well I've just made a few comments on suzie's wall and not received any points. So either it's a glitch or they have stopped points.

Can someone else try to see if it works for them?

It must be because the site admin likes me :pinkbow:

I posted something on your wall this morning and I got 5 points :biggrin2:

...or it could be that they woke up, saw the calendar and pulled the plug as they realised that the competition has ended. :dunno:

I'll check in a minute

Well I've just made a few comments on suzie's wall and not received any points. So either it's a glitch or they have stopped points.

Can someone else try to see if it works for them?

I just tested and still get points :dunno:

It must be because the site admin likes me :pinkbow:

I posted something on your wall this morning and I got 5 points :biggrin2:

...or it could be that they woke up, saw the calendar and pulled the plug as they realised that the competition has ended. :dunno:

I'll check in a minute

Well anyone would like you. :thumb_yello:

But I was wondering if they were working hard updating everyone's points yesterday and when they had finished they closed it. Because I got points for a video yesterday as well.

I was wondering if they were working hard updating everyone's points yesterday and when they had finished they closed it. Because I got points for a video yesterday as well.

:dunno: I still have photos I uploaded last week unapproved and I moved up one postition since this morning. Funnily enough my points seem to be much more than last time I checked but it could be that I don't remember them well because I never pay attention to that... I was thinking they might have added me points for a video, too, even though I have never uploaded any :roftl:

However, one thing is certain: they have added 5 points right after I wrote you something.

My profile is still just a blank screen and I still have no clue why?:boxed:

It must be some technical problem with the site. I heard someone had the same problem yesterday but now it is working fine for her. Mikasounds is just another word for the Bermuda triangle. :cool:

Archived