Kick Ass (Cutmore Remix) Video Premiere

dcdeb

Goodness me! Why so much negativity about the remix? I actually think it's good, because you can still hear the tune and the thumpy-bit on the piano and also Mika's voice singing. If peeps enjoy the remix they might listen to the original!

I don't think that anyone's being negative, Marilyn. People have different tastes, and they are just expressing this (in a polite way).

But even if the remix isn't to your taste, the fact is...

MIKA IS IN THE CHARTS!!! THAT'S AMAAAAAAZING NEWS!!!

and our golen man so deserves it!!

Whoopeeeeeeeeeeee

And I think that even the ones who didn't really like the remix (such as myself) also made it very clear that what we care about most is that he's in the charts and doing well, which is all that matters.

I don't care if they like him for song A or song B, as long as they like him and give him exposure. The more people hear of him and listen to his songs, the more other people who had never heard of him will get to know him, so it's all good.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not a fan of remixes generally.

But there are a few exceptions.

Calvin Harris and WAG is one.

This remix is another one.

:yay: for Mika on Billboard!

Yes, I agree with you. :thumb_yello: I think it's interesting that they

"remixed" the video to go along with the remix, but I guess that helps

promote the whole thing. I also think it's interesting that this

promo company is the one announcing/releasing the "official" remix video...

But in any case, any time Mika is in the US charts, it's a good thing, so

I won't question it too much. :biggrin2:

I don't think that anyone's being negative, Marilyn. People have different tastes, and they are just expressing this (in a polite way).

And I think that even the ones who didn't really like the remix (such as myself) also made it very clear that what we care about most is that he's in the charts and doing well, which is all that matters.

I don't care if they like him for song A or song B, as long as they like him and give him exposure. The more people hear of him and listen to his songs, the more other people who had never heard of him will get to know him, so it's all good.

That's my view as well

Well, I find it great that it's doing so well, and am incredibly happy to see Mika in the US charts, but in my humble opinion, this is a really crappy remix :dunno:

I find that the piano beat of the original song under those dancey tunes just doesn't gel at all, and that it doesn't work. But clearly, it works for many :lmfao: so hey, fabulous :roftl:

im not a fan of the remix:blink:

the piano just doesnt fit or something.. its like its missing a note or something:blink::roftl:

i love that its in the charts tho!!:wub2::yay:!!!!!!!!!!!

i still rpefer the original:wub2:

totally TOTALLY agree. the piano part is not doing it for me. :no:

but i'm glad he finally made it into the US chart! which means, if someone likes it, they may go and check out his other songs! so :yay: for Mika!!

:biggrin2:

Yes, I agree with you. :thumb_yello: I think it's interesting that they "remixed" the video to go along with the remix, but I guess that helps

promote the whole thing. I also think it's interesting that this

I quite liked that actually. It's somehow more dynamic and I even think you see Mika more often than in the original one.

Actually a couple of Mika songs have very creative remixes: you'e mentioned these 2 and I'm a sucker for Love Today (Switch) and Rain (P Zombies) as well.:wub2:

Yeah, I forgot the Rain (P Zombies) really great! I love that one, he was using it at the gigs, right?

I think that this is the standpoint that we're all taking :naughty:. Whatever-as long as he's there! :roftl:

That's my view as well

So then we're in agreement :original:

totally TOTALLY agree. the piano part is not doing it for me. :no:

Yeah, :blush-anim-cl: I find it quite offensive to the ear, to be honest. For example, there are many remixes that I don't mind, even though I don't love them, but I can listen to them. This one I just find really irritating, due to the piano being so at odds with the rest of the beats and music that they added :dunno:

I just don't understand how they decided that it was good :roftl:

but i'm glad he finally made it into the US chart! which means, if someone likes it, they may go and check out his other songs! so :yay: for Mika!!

:thumb_yello: Exactly. This is why I am happy anyway. That is the goal.

Well, I'm not a fan of mixes. This one is not bad but I like the original much more. But I enjoy that Mika is on billboard charts.

By the way, in leather leggings he looks more sexy than normally:naughty:

i agree :thumb_yello: the original is a way better of course

our boy is growing up :wub2::wub2:

im soooo proud :wub2:

I am so amazed it's even on the charts! Now we Americans should once again start pushing for it to get played. Maybe Mika is doing some publicity/pr in the states getting the "big corporate guys" to put his music in the rotation. HMMMMm... off to plot

I'm not a remix fan but it is great to watch because it lasts longer than the original :naughty:

Brilliant news that it is on the Billboard chart. I have a very big :biggrin2: on my face now.:thumb_yello:

T4P Deb :biggrin2:

I'm not a big mix fan too,:wink2: but I like the momment at 4.30min - 5.00min..:mf_rosetinted:

I'm really happy Mika's come back to the charts.:fangurl::fangurl: and I'm happy he's done it with Kick Ass. :yay:

I'n my opinion, the remix is just fine. Found it kinda repetitive sometimes...always the same remix rythm, and it was kinda annoying in some parts. This remix is good to be heard while you're watching the video, cause at least you feel nice watching Mika there! :wink2: Anyway, I keep with the original one!! :wink2:

I'm really happy Mika's come back to the charts.:fangurl::fangurl: and I'm happy he's done it with Kick Ass. :yay:

I'n my opinion, the remix is just fine. Found it kinda repetitive sometimes...always the same remix rythm, and it was kinda annoying in some parts. This remix is good to be heard while you're watching the video, cause at least you feel nice watching Mika there! :wink2: Anyway, I keep with the original one!! :wink2:

i couldnt agree more with you! :thumb_yello: the original is a way better but is always great to see mika there :wink2:

The good thing about the remix is that it's publicity for Mika. It gets his name out there in a place where he has never had much radio-play. I noticed on the website (at the beginning of the thread) where they showed the remix vid, they also had other vids of Mika singing Kick-Ass. It is my hope that peeps will watch the vids of Mika's original version and get to love it, and him.

The good thing about the remix is that it's publicity for Mika. It gets his name out there in a place where he has never had much radio-play. I noticed on the website (at the beginning of the thread) where they showed the remix vid, they also had other vids of Mika singing Kick-Ass. It is my hope that peeps will watch the vids of Mika's original version and get to love it, and him.

yes , i hope so, our boy deserves more respect and love :wub2:

Yeah, :blush-anim-cl: I find it quite offensive to the ear, to be honest. For example, there are many remixes that I don't mind, even though I don't love them, but I can listen to them. This one I just find really irritating, due to the piano being so at odds with the rest of the beats and music that they added :dunno:

I just don't understand how they decided that it was good :roftl:

Ooooh, I just had to relisten to it.... I agree, the paino seems at odds with the beats, though I can still listen to it...

song is good. but image is too much recycle :fisch:

Very true! I was starting to count how many times I'd seen each bit of the video...

i agree :thumb_yello: the original is a way better of course

our boy is growing up :wub2::wub2:

im soooo proud :wub2:

It has nothing to do with the remix, but I like the moving pic in your siggy! :wub2:

Archived