Mika: "It's strange that i succeed, I'm not Beyoncé"

marian538

MIKA BRINGS HIS FIESTA TO CHILE: "IT'S STRANGE THAT I SUCCEED, I'M NOT BEYONCÉ"

One of the British music sensations of recent years will be his first time in South America, sharing the stage with Scissor Sisters at the festival. (TERRA.cl)

Listen to Songs by Mika in Sonora

Jorge Lagas

SANTIAGO, Nov. 4 .- A new edition of the Festival SUE hangs over the capital, Scissor Sisters, Mika, Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation as stars of their lineup. The meeting will take place on 17 and 18 November at Espacio Riesco and as fans gear up, so does Mika, one of the figures the first day, he took the phone to answer questions from Terra.

"It will be my first time in South America have been waiting for this a long time. I'm in the middle of work for my new album and decided that this is the only show that it interrupted. So last thing I do is live before the album comes out, next year, "announces entry.

- Many want to come on this side? Do you have contact with fans here?

- I have much contact with people there, is one of the reasons why I wanted to go. About four years ago I receive e-mails and letters home. Have been definitely one of the most devoted fans around the world. I feel very fortunate to have fans in a place I've ever played. And playing with Scissor Sisters, because I'm a big fan.

- Your success has been explosive in recent years, how have you taken? Do you see something wrong?

- I feel very fortunate, really, it's weird because I know how absurd to make music, hahaha. I do r & b, I'm not Beyoncé, mine is a rare breed of pop music, so it's all very eccentric. My second album sold less than the first, but still a good number. And it is clear that much when you do not sell honestly do only what you want. So I live a privilege. That's why I love going out to play live.

- Speaking of that, you've won fame not only your music but your live shows, how important is it to you on a good show?

- It is extremely important. Rather than giving interviews, taking photos, is more important than writing songs. The tour of my second album was three times larger than the first. That's because we care a lot and spend a lot. We like to create a world and bring people in it for an hour and a half. I on stage I feel like a boxer. I know exactly what I'm doing and that's when I understand why I'm in it.

- The magazines often include you in their lists of the best of recent times, is that important to you?

- No, because there are many great artists who have never been on those lists. They are dangerous, to my taste. The bad make you feel terrible and make you feel good too well.

- And personally, with hand on heart, do you feel among the best?

- For starters do not even feel a musician, just do what I feel. And I'm young, I made only two albums, so I have a lot ahead. I am just starting out, I do not think being in a select group of music or something. I think you should ask this in 30 years. Or 10. Ask me in 10 years.

- I will, if you come in 10 years.

- Sure, I will wait! Hahaha.

- You have roots of different cultures in your blood, I guess that should motivate a lot of taking from the places you visit.

- Absolutely. To give an example, I was in Mexico, I know that is not America, but it's the closest I've been ... well, I visited the Day of the Dead, I studied well and then the basis of half of my show in the Day Dead. I was struck by the spirit of celebration, the colors, that is a party smiling, to try to understand death and not be afraid. I always travel inspire my music and live shows. It must be so, because if not, no inspiration together in a year or two spinning, then come to your house and do not know what to do. You have to get inspiration from everywhere.

TICKETS

Tickets are on sale for Feriaticket system. Have a 20% discount on pre-limited and 10% total if you buy a ticket for both days. Prices, without discounts, are $ 71,500 (lounge), $ 44,000 (field VIP) and $ 26,400 (general). Tickets for the two nights cost $ 102,600, $ 62,600 and $ 37,560. They are available at the outlets Feriaticket.

GOOGLE TRANSLATION :naughty: *lazy mood*

thanks to sabela from spanish thread

sorce: http://www.terra.cl/musica/index.cfm...id_reg=1530776

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MIKA BRINGS HIS FIESTA TO CHILE: "IT'S STRANGE THAT I SUCCEED, I'M NOT BEYONCÉ"

One of the British music sensations of recent years will be his first time in South America, sharing the stage with Scissor Sisters at the festival. (TERRA.cl)

Listen to Songs by Mika in Sonora

Jorge Lagas

SANTIAGO, Nov. 4 .- A new edition of the Festival SUE hangs over the capital, Scissor Sisters, Mika, Massive Attack and Thievery Corporation as stars of their lineup. The meeting will take place on 17 and 18 November at Espacio Riesco and as fans gear up, so does Mika, one of the figures the first day, he took the phone to answer questions from Terra.

"It will be my first time in South America have been waiting for this a long time. I'm in the middle of work for my new album and decided that this is the only show that it interrupted. So last thing I do is live before the album comes out, next year, "announces entry.

- Many want to come on this side? Do you have contact with fans here?

- I have much contact with people there, is one of the reasons why I wanted to go. About four years ago I receive e-mails and letters home. Have been definitely one of the most devoted fans around the world. I feel very fortunate to have fans in a place I've ever played. And playing with Scissor Sisters, because I'm a big fan.

- Your success has been explosive in recent years, how have you taken? Do you see something wrong?

- I feel very fortunate, really, it's weird because I know how absurd to make music, hahaha. I do r & b, I'm not Beyoncé, mine is a rare breed of pop music, so it's all very eccentric. My second album sold less than the first, but still a good number. And it is clear that much when you do not sell honestly do only what you want. So I live a privilege. That's why I love going out to play live.

- Speaking of that, you've won fame not only your music but your live shows, how important is it to you on a good show?

- It is extremely important. Rather than giving interviews, taking photos, is more important than writing songs. The tour of my second album was three times larger than the first. That's because we care a lot and spend a lot. We like to create a world and bring people in it for an hour and a half. I on stage I feel like a boxer. I know exactly what I'm doing and that's when I understand why I'm in it.

- The magazines often include you in their lists of the best of recent times, is that important to you?

- No, because there are many great artists who have never been on those lists. They are dangerous, to my taste. The bad make you feel terrible and make you feel good too well.

- And personally, with hand on heart, do you feel among the best?

- For starters do not even feel a musician, just do what I feel. And I'm young, I made only two albums, so I have a lot ahead. I am just starting out, I do not think being in a select group of music or something. I think you should ask this in 30 years. Or 10. Ask me in 10 years.

- I will, if you come in 10 years.

- Sure, I will wait! Hahaha.

- You have roots of different cultures in your blood, I guess that should motivate a lot of taking from the places you visit.

- Absolutely. To give an example, I was in Mexico, I know that is not America, but it's the closest I've been ... well, I visited the Day of the Dead, I studied well and then the basis of half of my show in the Day Dead. I was struck by the spirit of celebration, the colors, that is a party smiling, to try to understand death and not be afraid. I always travel inspire my music and live shows. It must be so, because if not, no inspiration together in a year or two spinning, then come to your house and do not know what to do. You have to get inspiration from everywhere.

TICKETS

Tickets are on sale for Feriaticket system. Have a 20% discount on pre-limited and 10% total if you buy a ticket for both days. Prices, without discounts, are $ 71,500 (lounge), $ 44,000 (field VIP) and $ 26,400 (general). Tickets for the two nights cost $ 102,600, $ 62,600 and $ 37,560. They are available at the outlets Feriaticket.

Thanks for posting:flowers2:

thank you marian:flowers2:

"I'm in the middle of work for my new album" that is excellent news:biggrin2:

I hope he doesn't get stuck....:teehee:

(lame joke, I know:blush-anim-cl:)

"I'm in the middle of work for my new album and decided that this is the only show that it interrupted. So last thing I do is live before the album comes out, next year"

OMG :shocked:

:boing: :boing: :boing:

Best news of the 2 last months!! :thumb_yello:

2011.. :wub2:

I hope it's not in the end of 2011 or I will die :mf_rosetinted:

I hope it's not in the end of 2011 or I will die :mf_rosetinted:

+1 :mf_rosetinted:

thank you marian:flowers2:

"I'm in the middle of work for my new album" that is excellent news:biggrin2:

does it mean....he did almost HALF of that already? :boing:

or just means that he is MAKING this new album nowadays? :mf_rosetinted:

:boing: :boing:

Best news of the 2 last months!! :thumb_yello:

2011.. :wub2:

YEAHhhhhhhhhhh right!!! :biggrin2:

ohhh Mika... I know I'm a bad fan but I'm not patient at all :naughty:

Gracias, Marian (and Google :wink2: ) for the translation, and thanks to

sabela from the Spanish thread, too! :flowers2:

does it mean....he did almost HALF of that already? :boing:

or just means that he is MAKING this new album nowadays? :mf_rosetinted:

Probably just means he's in the midst of making it -- not exactly half done.

:naughty:

In any case, the fact that's it well underway is fabulous news! :biggrin2:

This reminds me when that wikipedia entry appeared to say his second album would appear in September 2009 and in early 2009 we were all saying NOOOOO that must be wrong, it's fake....we can never live that long without an album.....

but it turned out to be right.

and we did survive:aah:

Just.

So if it is indeed true that 2011 is a new album, then I bet it will be at least summer or later. Northern summer. No way will it be so close to finishing his tour.:wink2:

And we. will. survive.

"I'm in the middle of work for my new album and decided that this is the only show that it interrupted. So last thing I do is live before the album comes out, next year"

OMG :shocked:

my favorite quote!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub2:

This reminds me when that wikipedia entry appeared to say his second album would appear in September 2009 and in early 2009 we were all saying NOOOOO that must be wrong, it's fake....we can never live that long without an album.....

but it turned out to be right.

and we did survive:aah:

Just.

So if it is indeed true that 2011 is a new album, then I bet it will be at least summer or later. Northern summer. No way will it be so close to finishing his tour.:wink2:

And we. will. survive.

this is my first Mika drought and hard to survive :mf_pain:

well last year the EP thing released the pain a lot ..

I bet it would be late spring!!! :boing: it should be!!! :boing: :boing:

thanks for posting!

Mika, i'm happy you are not Beyonce :naughty:

2011... really? :teehee:

Aren't we all! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Thanks for posting:wink2:

If the new album does come out next year, and I'm not holding my breath, but December would be great thanks Mika, in time for my birthday, cheers:thumb_yello:

There are some facts wrong, first thing is the part with the only live gig he will interrupt his work on the new album for. We all know Mika will play three gigs in Southamerika.

I can´t believe that the new album will come out next year. Last time he worked on the album for a whole year and then there were five months of promo before TBWKTM came out. Probably we can be happy to get the new one in spring 2012 :wink2:

Archived